• Published 4th Oct 2013
  • 2,227 Views, 13 Comments

Digimon: Equestrian Adventures - Shadow Flame



A tale of interest. Read along as Joshua and Blizzarddramon try to stop an Agumon.

  • ...
6
 13
 2,227

Concept of Legends

"So, this is where you will be sleeping while you are staying in town." Pinkie Pie said while pointing to a sleeper couch.

"Well, no doubt this will be able to hold us." Demijoshuamon said, forcing back a chuckle. "At least I can hope so."

"Funny. But, you wouldn't be saying that if you were Blizzarddramon right now." I said.

"Are you calling Blizzarddramon fat?"

"No, but he is larger than me."

"I'm not even sure Blizzarddramon could even fit in here" Pinkie Pie said.

"Fun fact: Blizzarddramon is the only Sovereign-Level Digimon that can actually be mistaken for a 5-story parking garage. Though most would think that at first glance and think that they wouldn't be in danger of being eaten by a giant dragon, that faux courage is shortly killed once they look again." Explained Demijoshuamon.

"Alright, let's get some rest. We need to make sure that everyone is awake enough to fully absorb the information that will enable them to help us on our mission." I said.

***

The following morning, after my meditation with Demijoshuamon, I decided it best to pull out Digimon: A Novice's Guidebook to these Digital Monsters and let the mane six read it. As me and Demijoshuamon made our way to the front of Sugarcube Corner I noticed three more guests than we had agreed upon last night.

"I didn't think we would be informing the Crusaders too."

"Joshua, we may not want to say that we know as much as we do about them."

"Alright Demijoshuamon. But they can't read our thoughts."

"True. Remember though, Azulongmon can."

"And Jeremy. He is my twin brother."

"I can never understand how that works."

"Neither can I, which is weird seeing as I am a twin."

Out loud I said: "Now then, I hold with me the one book that can educate you. Digimon: A Novice's Guidebook to these Digital Monsters written and carefully illustrated by the Digimon Sovereigns. The book has a section dedicated to all of the information known about them to clarify. Pay close attention, as this book is probably the most sacred and valuable item you will ever see. I promised that I won't let any damage befall it."

So for the next hour me and Demijoshuamon read each and every page of text to the book to the mane six and the Crusaders. We stopped when we got to the entry for Demijoshuamon and his evolutionary family.

"Ok, now about Demijoshuamon and..." I started to say

"If you would," Said Celestia. "Please tell us about where you originate from before you continue."

"Kindly. Me and Demijoshuamon come from an alternate universe, as I told the girls here. This universe is similar to this one, yet completely distinct. Most obvious being that Digimon are well known there. Both as a TV show and, in more recent times, by the escapades of me and Demijoshuamon and the team we assembled. I didn't think it was anything more than a TV show, a collection of cards, and a bunch of video games until I met Demijoshuamon here." I motioned to Demijoshuamon. "But that was the day when everything changed. I was walking, nothing major. Just wanted to clear my mind. Then a portal, just like the one you saw me and Blizzarddramon come out of yesterday appeared. Out of it came a BlackAgumon and Demijoshuamon's egg."

"A gold and blue colored gem of an egg." Noted Demijoshuamon.

"Yeah. Anyway, I rushed over to BlackAgumon and asked if he was ok." I continued. "He said that he was but he had to protect Demijoshuamon's egg. I went over to touch it and in response it hatched. It has something to do with the sapphire of honor that I had in my possession." I pulled out the blue gemstone I have in my pocket.

"That's a nice necklace there. Any chance I could have it?" Asked Rarity.

Propping it around my neck I resumed my tale. "No, it is crucial for Demijoshuamon. Without it, he can't digivolve. He hatched as the fresh Digimon Auramon. It took a while, but he did eventually digivolve to the in-training Digimon Frostmon. It wasn't until the first confrontation with our nemesis Hippymon that he digivolved to the rookie level."

"And when did he first digivolve into Joshuamon?" Twilight asked.

"And what about the day he first became Megajoshuamon?" Rainbow Dash inquired.

"It was early November when he had first been able to digivolve to the champion level Joshuamon. It was near the end of November when he finally was able to become the ultimate level Megajoshuamon. It wasn't until the winter solstice that he became his mega level form of Icedragonmon." I responded.

"And when did he first become Blizzarddramon?" Scootaloo asked.

"January 12th. The snow was blowing like crazy that day." I answered. "The legendary dragon of honor had risen again. BlackImperialdramon didn't stand a chance against the power Blizzarddramon gained by being with me. Azulongmon said that it was a day that will be remembered throughout the Digi-Multiverse."

"I'd like to take a close look at Blizzarddramon if that would be ok." Celestia requested.

"Ok. Ready Demijoshuamon?" I asked my life partner.

"No need to ask me if I want to Legend digivolve." Demijoshuamon said. "Demijoshuamon Legend digivolve to... The Legendary Dragon of Honor, Blizzarddramon!"

"Well, here he is. Blizzarddramon. He is actually the biggest of the Sovereign-Level Digimon. Only out-sized by the actual Digimon Sovereign Azulongmon." I said.

"By weight, not height." Blizzarddramon commented.

"Yeah, by weight. Can't suck in your pride can ya?" I asked

"I'm a prideful Digimon. But I'm not as prideful as you are Joshuamon." Responded Blizzarddramon.

"Yeah, I'll remember that the next time you get a thorny rose in your nether region. Left a scar the size of my thumb." I said.

"Did it hurt?" Applebloom asked.

"Well, let's say that if I had to choose to do that again and swimming in a pool of molten magma I'd choose the magma." Answered Blizzarddramon.

"But wouldn't magma be even more painful on an ice elemental like you than a thorny rose?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Nah. I emit an aura of frigid air. The magma would harden long before it'd prove fatal to me. I know this to be true." Blizzarddramon responded.

"Well, me and Blizzarddramon are gonna head to the skies to search for Agumon. Don't wait up." I said.

Me and Blizzarddramon took off in a gust of icy wind and headed south-east.

Author's Note:

I had intended for the book Digimon: A Novice's Guidebook to these Digital Monsters to contain information from the Digimon wiki. I also use it several times in the story. For sake of time and story room I won't explain further. And to explain the fact that Joshua and Demijoshuamon were talking about the Cutie Mark Crusaders like they knew of them despite the fact that they first appear in this chapter, they come from a universe where 'My Little Pony' happens to be a TV show. And in case you didn't figure yet, I intended this story to take place in the Equestria Girls universe.