• Published 1st Jul 2013
  • 1,647 Views, 80 Comments

A Heart Full of Rainbow! - Jioplip



Rainbow Dash never thought about settling down with anypony, much less this gaudy stallion! And yet she's strangely attracted to the eccentric pony with a strange name.

  • ...
5
 80
 1,647

And then the rating went up.

WARNING: THIS STORY'S AGE RATING IS GOING UP, STARTING THIS CHAPTER, IT IS ALSO BEING TAGGED FOR GORE.


In a clearing in the Everfree Forest, five figures sat shrouded in darkness, with room for a sixth.

"We are all present," a deep male voice boomed out across the clearing, "And so I call this meeting to order!"

"Order?" a female voice bounded back from another hidden individual, she sounded privileged, "For the past month, it's been nothing but chaos since Starswirl's betrayal!"

"I agree," the third voice sounded sophisticated, male, and very judgemental, "and if you recall, I was against his joining from the beginning."

"We still didn't know if we could trust you," the first voice spoke again, "You were our most recent member at the time, after all."

"And yet," another female, this one sounding much more approachable, "without him, we would never have progressed as far as we have, or have you forgotten your own failure at acquiring the information we needed, Sombra?"

"I remember all too clearly," Sombra replied tersely, though I swear he blew up a while ago, "I also remember that you and Nightmare have yet to make any significant contributions towards our goal, Quatro."

"Oh forgive me for having been busy being imprisoned in the moon for a thousand years," the privileged voice, apparently Nightmare, said venomously, "if memory serves, you've had about as much time to further our goals, and even without power I'm sure I'd have managed more than you have in that time!"

Sombra was about to snap back at Nightmare when he was interrupted.

"What about," came the intellectual voice, "We hear from our dear Patriarch, he is the reason we are here after all."

Each of the voices in the clearing became utterly silent, the silence was incredibly dramatic.

The awkward silence could never stand being in the same room as the dramatic silence, the dramatic silence thinks it's all that.


Rainbow Dash and Ghirahim, the Demon Lord, were having lunch.

But this was no ordinary lunch.

It was THE MOST EXTREME LUNCHTIME IN PONYVILLE HISTORY!

Ghirahim had regained his cloak, and it whipped about in the wind as he stood on a rooftop, opposite him were twelve heavily armed and armored gryphons. Rainbow Dash had her own hooves full with another dozen, but she could only dodge their blades as they attacked ferociously.

"Stand down pony," their leader shouted gutturally, "today is the day we take Equestria for our own!"

"That's nice," Ghirahim radiated coolness, his grin smugger than coffee, "but first allow me to introduce myself, my name is Ghirahim, though to tell the truth, I much prefer to be addressed by my full title: Lord Ghirahim, but I'm not picky."

"If you won't stand down, I'll just have to cut you down!"

The gryphon charged at Ghirahim, whose coffee-grin never faded as his horn lit up with black energy, catching the gryphon's blade just inches away from his horn.

"What the hell?" the gryphon seemed far too amazed at such a simple feat of magic, "The countercharms, they aren't working?"

"You know," Ghirahim's voice took on a sadistic tone as he licked his lips, "this horn is a very effective Focus, I could get used to this!" He accentuated his last words with a magical shove that forced the gryphon commander back.

"Don't just float there like morons, we attack as one!" as the gryphon commander spoke, Ghirahim used magic to make his cloak disappear into gold diamond shapes, "CHAAARGE!"

Just as the gryphons began their charge, Ghirahim summoned his swords, made of some black metal, one was a saber, the other a longsword, and each had a red gem embedded in the pommel.

"I don't have time to play with you." gripping each sword in his magic, Ghirahim blocked the first three strikes, dodged two more by jumping, and then cut cleanly through two gryphons as he descended, spraying their blood onto the thatch underhoof, "So I guess I'll just rip you to pieces quickly."

The gryphons rounded on the Demon Lord, three thrust their blades trying to skewer him, but Ghirahim simply teleported, disappearing in a shower of gold diamond shapes. Before the three could react, Ghirahim reappeared behind them and swiftly decapitated them.

By this point the gryphon's were understandably freaked out. Two hesitated, so Ghirahim summoned knives like his swords, and sent them deep into the cowards' skulls.

"What are you?" oh, how cute, the gryphon commander is trying to be plot-relevant, "In the name of cla-"

His honestly predictable speach was cut short by the gurgling sounds his open throat were making, his remaining four troops were in similar states of death, only it was their skulls and chests that were sliced open.

"Well, that was rather boring." Ghirahim then looked up to where Rainbow Dash was fleeing a gryphon pursuit, "Maybe I'll find a better challenge up there."

With those words and a grin you could drink in the morning, Ghirahim teleported once more.


Of all the times they could've attacked, it had to be when I didn't have my armor on me. Rainbow Dash's thoughts were bitter as she put her all into evading the gryphons' swords, If it was just two or three I could outstrip 'em easily, but it's taking everything I got just to avoid being surrounded.

"C'mon Dash, why don't you keep still and play a while." the familiar gryphon commander crooned, "You know, for old times sake."

Rainbow growled and looked back at the gryphon, only to barely feel an incoming sword swipe.

Dash barely dodged it, and silently thanked Embryous as it only grazed her feathers, It just had to be Gilda, what I wouldn't give to rip out that bitch's throat myself.

Barely dodging another slash, she berated herself mentally, Eyes on the prize Dashy, I may be faster than them, but they've got a lot more stamina, I've gotta get to reinforcements!

As if on cue, reinforcements arrived just as Rainbow Dash thought the word, unfortunately they were gryphon reinforcements, three more soldiers approaching from the front, sandwiching her with her pursuers.

In that instant, the possibility of her death echoed hollowly in Rainbow Dash's mind, in the next instant, Ghirahim had landed on the back of the middle gryphon, while simultaneously decapitating the other two.

Yelling in triumph, Rainbow dashed past Ghirahim, who made sure to stick some steel into his new ride's spine before he departed, leaping towards the dozen gryphons that had been chasing Dash. Gilda 'wisely' chose to fly backwards and watch half of her troops get slaughtered in mere seconds.

"Lend me a sword, the leaders mine!" Rainbow Dash practically roared as she flew towards Gilda, Ghirahim smirked as he sent his saber flying through a gryphon's throat, after which the murderous pegasus caught it in her mouth, continuing on towards Gilda.

The opposing gryphon was much more sure of her ability to take on Rainbow Dash, the cocky bitch, and so she wasn't fully prepared for the force of Dash's charge attack. Her stance broken, Gilda cought do nothing as Rainbow twisted around in midair, struck her opponent's sword askance and then cut her fucking claw off!

*Ahem* Sorry about that, I got a little carried away there.

Now that she was nice and disarmed, Gilda couldn't stop the fastest flyer in Equestria as she hoof-tackled the cocky gryphon to the ground. And just before impact, Dash sliced Gilda into egg salad, which is better than she deserved honestly.

"A wonderful performance, Rainbow Dash," Ghirahim was behind her suddenly, "It seems like that was the last of them, and you even made lunch, my thanks."

With a single flash of black magic, Ghirahim's swords disappeared and his cape reformed, the magic left a funny aftertaste in Rainbow's mouth.

"Well, I said I'd treat you, didn't I?" Dash was playing it cool, but she was really impressed with the stallion's ability, "And besides, you weren't too shabby yourself."

Ghirahim and Dash both laughed, to soak up the after-battle euphoria more than anything else.

"Well, shall we begin?" Rainbow nodded and they both sat down at the table, Ghirahim distributed the egg salad that was Gilda evenly between their bowls, and they both dug in.

"Rainbow, you're okay!" the two lunching ponies looked up at the sudden intrusion, only to find it was a familiar Draconequus, "I was at Sweet Apple Acres when the gryphons attacked, Big Mac and Applejack were caught off guard and I had to stay and help them, but when I got back everypony was in bad shape, and Derpy said you were being chased by two-dozen gryphons!"

Neither Rainbow Dash nor Ghirahim could hold in their laughter at the lavender Draconequus' worried rambling, Twilight merely huffed out her cheeks and waited for them to finish.

"Chill out, Twi' Ghirahim had the whole situation under control, he took out Gilda's entire force in midair combat!"

"Really?" Twilight looked at Ghirahim with a new sense of appreciation, "I suppose that explains the egg salad, congratulations on getting your revenge on Gilda by the way."

"Thanks, Twi'," Rainbow then looked around nervously, "but, do you think you could maybe give us a little space?"

"Oh, right," Twilight may be a bit oblivious at times, but she wasn't dense, "I'll leave you two to enjoy your meal."

And so as Twilight left the two, she quickly re-evaluated her opinion of the Demon Lord.

His magic signature doesn't seem harmful to reality, and it was able to pierce the countercharms the gryphons put on their equipment. Twilight then smirked a sadistic smirk, And best of all, he isn't some pacifistic blowhard, he might just fit in to Equestria, 'Harmony Through Strength' is our national motto after all.

Author's Note:

Welp, this entire world is looking a hell of a lot darker.

So yeah, basically the part about everypony in Equestria being nuts? It was THIS kind of nuts, not the almond kind.

And before anyone asks, yes, it was literal egg salad, not a euphemism for eating dead Gilda. It was Gilda, but she had just been cut into egg salad at the time.

Random Tag! It justifies everything!

Also, anypony who knows what the latent insanity energy is referencing, simply be the first to point it out in the comments, and the prize I mentioned back in Chapter One is yours!

And it's still free.