• Published 30th Jun 2013
  • 2,330 Views, 44 Comments

Mobile Equestria Girls Gundam 00 - Scipio Smith



In the year 2440, Ponykind has yet to come together as one. The armed organisation Celestial Being declares that it will eliminate war and conflict by staging armed interventions against any countries that promote war. Humanised ponies.

  • ...
8
 44
 2,330

Celestial Being

Mobile Equestria Girls Gundam 00

Chapter 1: Celestial Being

The obstacle course was littered with a mixture of targets and automated defence turrets, gatling guns controlled by computers currently raised upwards and inactive. As the blue mobile suit sped towards them the turrets dropped with a mechanical whine, and began to spit bullets towards the target as the barrels sped round and round at blurring speed.

The spindly mobile suit danced through the air, weaving in between the trails of bullets while never letting a single one touch it. As the fire slackened, the mobile suit extended its right arm. A pulse canon slotted into position with a click. Burst of blue energy shot from the muzzle of the canon, obliterating the targets before it. As each target was destroyed so one of the gatling guns fell silent. In a matter of moments there were no guns firing at all.

The mobile suit vaulted over the obstacles with an unnecessary backflip that nonetheless made the assembled dignitaries gasp in awe. With a humming of engines, the MS descended to the tarmac floor of the airfield where the demonstration was taking place.

Spitfire, hands in the pockets of her ill-fitting civilian suit, ambled down the steps of the in the middle of the display seats. She half-expected - half-hoped - that one of the assembled AUU dignitaries would stop and challenge her presence, but they were all too fixated on the demonstration in front of them to pay her any notice.

She found Crescent Moon near the front, chin resting on his knuckles. He looked up as she approached, "Do you really think that nopony's going to realise that the captain of the Federation's elite squadron is here just because you've swapped your uniform for a cheap suit."

"They won't so long as you don't keep shouting about it," Spitfire slid into the seat next to Crescent Moon. "Nopony's said anything so far."

"I still don't know how you talked the general into letting you come out here."

"I'm not doing anything wrong, my passport is in complete order," Spitfire smirked. "So, what do you think?"

"The AU's first solar powered mobile suit: ENACT," Crescent Moon said. "Work on their orbital elevator isn't going as fast as they would like, so I'm sure they'll look to save face by showing off their military capabilities."

More gatling guns rose up out of the ground to fire on the ENACT, which activated a spinning buckler on its left arm, deflecting all the bullets harmlessly. The blue and silver paintwork wasn't even scratched.

Crescent Moon sighed as he leaned back, "It's just a pity that the ENACT is nothing more than a cheap copy of the FLAG. Only the exterior design is in any way original, and even then not by much."

"Hey!" an angry voice boomed out of the ENACT's speakers. The cockpit hatch in the mobile suit's chest opened, and a blue young woman in a purple flight suit, one eye hidden behind silver-white bangs, climbed out to glare at the crowd come to watch her and her suit show off.

"The great and powerful Trixie heard that you jerk!" Trixie yelled. "Come on, who said that? The undefeated Trixie demands to know."

"Possibly the sound reception is better than I thought," Crescent Moon said. Spitfire chuckled.

***

Far up above, the gundam Loyalty descended from the heavens along the path marked by the AU's orbital elevator. In the cockpit, Rainbow Dash scanned the ground below her and soon spotted what she was looking for.

"Target confirmed: AU mobile suit demonstration," Rainbow Dash sniggered. "They'll get a demonstration all right when they see what this awesome baby can do."

"Remember, your mission is to expose AUU mobile suit forces deployed inside the elevator itself, not to show off," Princess Luna's voice responded over the comm. "We don't want to demonstrate the advanced abilities of the gundam's until absolutely necessary. So no GN Rainbooms."

"Yeah, yeah, I gotcha," Rainbow Dash grumbled. "Switching to low GN emissions for the descent."

"Laughter are you in position to cover the Loyalty if necessary?" Luna asked.

"Party Cannon is set and ready to fire," Pinkie Pie sounded as happy as ever.

"I wish you wouldn't call it that," Luna moaned. "It's the GN Sniper Rifle, not a party cannon."

"But party cannon is what it says on the side," Pinkie said.

"Only because you," Luna made some sort of noise at the back of her throat. "Fine, call it what you like. Just get ready."

"I can't believe we're about to half our first real mission," Pinkie chattered. "I'm so excited I've never been so excited. Are you excited?"

"Yup," Rainbow Dash said. "Cause now I get the chance to show my moves."

***

"Ladies and gentlecolts," a sergeant AUU field uniform, rather than the dress uniform favoured by most of the officers present at the demonstration, descended the steps into the midst of the guests. "We have been advised that an unknown mobile suit is approaching this position. Immediate evacuation has been recommended."

Some of the dignitaries immediately began to scramble for the exits. Spitfire remained where she was, grabbing the binoculars off somepony in the seat in front of her, "Excuse me."

"Hey!"

"I said excuse me," Spitfire scanned the skies, sighting on the rainbow-coloured mobile suit descending towards the airstrip. "Well it isn't a Federation model that's for sure. Doesn't look like anything I've seen from the Pony Reform League either. And what kind of a military would paint a mobile suit like that?"

"We're not evacuating are we?" Crescent Moon said.

"And miss out on the fun, are you kidding?" Spitfire was grinning now, like a kid on Hearth's Warming Eve. "This display just got interesting."

One of the colonels in the front row was trying to call the ENACT, "Trixie. Come in, Trixie. Dammit, there's no response."

Spitfire frowned. The strange mobile suite was giving off some weird kind of light from the large hump on its back. What is that?

"How is it flying without a propulsion system?" Crescent Moon asked.

The mobile suit landed in front of the ENACT, and the two could not have been more different. Where the ENACT was spindly, it's limbs thin and lithe for lower weight, the intruder - Spitfire could make out the word GUNDAM on it's forehead, which seemed as good a name as any - had a more heroic build. It's arms and legs where thick and powerful, it's head was modelled on a warrior's helmet, two magenta eyes stared out of a visage intentionally designed to resemble a face, in contrast to the beetle-like head of the ENACT and it's one red, mechanical eye. A large dome-like object had been fitted to the Gundam's back, which was rotating slowly and emitting rainbow light.

"Gundam, huh?" Spitfire said. "And where do you come from, Gundam?"

The Gundam was mostly light blue, a much lighter shade than Trixie's ENACT, but with lines in every colour of the rainbow. It looked, to be perfectly honest, rather garish, though it did at least match the light given off from the Gundam's back.

As the Gundam stood there, impassive, Trixie shut the cockpit of her ENACT behind her, "The great and powerful Trixie doesn't know who you are or what you want, but you're party-crashing and you weren't invited. Trixie gives you ten seconds to leave before she throws you out!"

"What does that idiot think she's doing?" the AU colonel demanded.

"Relax, Trixie is our top ace after all," a civilian said. "When she wins it will provide a nice cap to the demonstration of the ENACT's capabilities.

The Gundam turned to face Trixie, making no move either offensively or defensively.

"The Great and Powerful Trixie has given you fair warning," Trixie shouted. "Trixie is the ace pilot of the AU and she has never lost a simulated battle."

"Her personality could use some work though," Spitfire muttered.

The ENACT pulled out its Progressive Knife, which set the air all around thrumming as it began to vibrate.

"Take this!" Trixie yelled as she charged for the Gundam.

The Gundam waited until Trixie was poised to strike. Then one arm swept upwards. A blade appeared in the Gundam's hand. The ENACT's knife hand flew up into the air, severed from it's arm, and landed on the airstrip with a thud.

"Huh? That's impossible," Trixie said. "I'm the Great and Powerful Trixie-"

The Gundam cut off her gun arm before she could take a shot.

"-I've never been defeated in 2,000 mock battles-"

The Gundam cut off her left leg and kicked the ENACT to the ground.

"-I'm special!" Trixie whined as the ENACT hit the deck with a crash, laying in a creator in a dusty, broken heap.

The spectators gasped at the ruin that had been made of their prize mobile suit in a matter of seconds. Then there was silence, broken moments later by the sound of laughter coming from the Gundam.

"Bahaha! Yeah, you're really special all right! Haha! A special kind of loser! Maybe you can call yourself the Pathetic and Useless Trixie from now on. But if you guys want to see real awesome, then you came to the right place because-"

The Gundam pilot fell silent. Spitfire was surprised at how young the voice sounded.

"Hey, I was just having a little fun," the Gundam said, as if the pilot was having a conversation and had forgotten to turn the speakers off. "Okay, okay, I'll stop. Sheesh. Moving to phase two. Wait, am I still on the speakers? Ponyfeathers!" The transmission stopped. The Gundam emitted an especially large burst of rainbow light from its back as it took off.

In the base, air raid sirens were sounding, and mobile suits were scrambling to intercept the intruder.

"I really think we should go now," Crescent Moon said. "Before they decide to arrest us on the offchance the Federation had something to do with it."

"Okay," Spitfire stood up. "I have a feeling we've seen the most interesting thing we're likely to see here already."

***

The Loyalty danced among the clouds, fending off the increasing numbers of green Hellions that assailed it. The cannon on the Loyalty's arm fired off burst of magenta energy, while the physical blade on it's right wrist did good work on any mobile suit that got too close.

Still, the Hellions kept coming. As the princesses had predicted, the AU had stationed increased numbers of mobile suits inside the orbital elevator, in violation of the treaty, and those mobile suits scrambled now to fill the air around the Loyalty with tracer rounds as they sought to use their numerical superiority to surround and destroy the impudent gundam.

"Pinkie? Rare?" Rainbow Dash said. "Not that I'm having fun playing with the goons and all but, a little help please?"

"Well why didn't you say so before darling?" Rarity trilled. "I was just letting you rack up your kill count, I thought you'd appreciate it. But as you wish: Gundam Generosity, beginning armed intervention."

The white and purple form of the Generosity burst form the cover of a thick cloud back, a blue beam sabre in each hand, and began to cripple the attacking Hellions. The AU mobile suits fell back and regrouped before attacking again in even tighter formations than before. The Generosity, which had no ranged capability outside of Harmony Mode, retreated behind the Loyalty as Rainbow Dash returned fire with her pulse cannon.

"Pinkie dear," Rarity said. "Would you awfully mind getting a shot off sometime this year?"

On the ground far below, a pink Gundam was resting in a convenient canyon, concealed from view from the AU. A large rifle, along the side of which somepony had painted the words PARTY CANNON in pink letters ending with a smiley face, rested on the Gundam's shoulder.

"Don't stress so much Rarity, you'll make yourself sick and get permanent frowny face," Pinkie said. "Gundam Laughter, targeted and firing!"

A pink laser beam erupted from the mouth of the party cannon to eviscerate one of the attacking Hellions. After the third mobile suit had been crippled that way, the surviving AU forces got the message and began to retreat.

"Celestial Being's first armed intervention is complete," Pinkie Pie said. "And may I add a complete success."

"Yes!" Rainbow Dash said. "Are we awesome or are we awesome?"

"Phase two complete," Rarity said. "It's all up to Twilight, Fluttershy and Applejack now."

***

In high orbit above the atmosphere, higher even that the giant orbital elevators that were the lifeblood of Equestria, the Celestial Being space vessel Harmony held its position and prepared to launch Gundams.

On the bridge, Shining Armour input the numbers for the launch trajectory into the computer, "Course laid in. Twily, are you sure you're up for this."

The face of his little sister appeared on a screen on his monitor, "Of course. I'm a Gundam meister and this is what I've trained for. Why wouldn't I be up for it?"

"I guess. But be careful, okay?" Shining Armour said. "Don't do anything stupid, it's only the first mission."

"Will do, BBBFF," Twilight's eyes closed as she smiled, then her image winked out.

"I wish I could go out there with her," Shining Armour lamented.

"Me too," Spike said from where he sat next to Shining Armour on the bridge. "Twilight, Rarity, everypony's out there today fighting, and they're going to stay that way for as long as it takes. All I do is sit here on the bridge."

"Don't get so down, Spike," Lyra said. "Without the Harmony to support the Gundam meisters, how would Celestial Being continue to operate."

"Yeah, what we do up here is just as cool and important as piloting a Gundam," Bon Bon added. "Okay, maybe not as cool, but definitely as important."

"That's enough chatter on the bridge," Luna snapped. "Everypony stay on task."

The door slid open, and Celestia glided onto the bridge and pushed herself into the captain's chair, "Relax, little sister. All preparations are complete, so it doesn't matter if we stay glued to the consoles or throw a party. It's all up to the meisters now."

"That doesn't mean we should get slack and- are you drinking?" Luna looked around from the vice-captain's seat to look at the bottle in Celestia's hand.

"Like I said, it doesn't matter what we do," Celestia laughed. "I just plan the missions, I don't take part."

"I'm surrounded by idiots," Luna huffed. "Gundam meisters, take off!"

"This is Twilight Sparkle, Gundam Magic, taking off!"

"Ah'm Applejack, Gundam Honesty, takin' off!"

"Um, this is Fluttershy, Gundam Kindness, um, taking off now, thank you."

The three gundams streaked out of the Harmony's launch bays, leaving trails of green-white GN particles behind them.

In the cockpit of the lavender-painted Gundam Magic, Twilight Sparkle analysed the data feeds from around their objective. As Princess Celestia had predicted, terrorists were attempting to attack the Pony Reform League Orbital Elevator during the tenth anniversary celebrations.

"Targets sighted," Twilight said. "Six hellions attempting to deliver a large explosive device. Two of the hellions are equipped with anti-ship missiles, probably as a secondary measure if their bomb fails. All right girls, let's do this."

"Um, Twilight," Fluttershy murmured. "I've been thinking, about how I could really use some more simulation training, and how I probably shouldn't be going out in the field already. I mean if I show everypony then Celestial Being will-"

"You're not going to show anypony up Fluttershy, you weren't made a Gundam meister for no reason. And you know we need the Kindness' gunpods in order to complete this mission." Due to her newtype abilities, Fluttershy was the only person with the spatial awareness to operate the gunpods on the Kindness. And with the Laughter deployed to support Rainbow Dash's intervention, they'd need the firepower of the Kindness in order to complete this mission.

The HUD squeaked, and lit up with more icons. Twilight took them in, "Pony Reform League Tierens have scrambled to intercept the terrorists. They'll never make it."

"More to the point they won't get in our way," Applejack said. "I don't know about you girls, but I'm just about ready for my first rodeo."

"Copy that," Twilight replied. "Celestial Being, beginning armed intervention." She kicked the GN drive into high gear and the Magic sped forwards, the emission of GN particles increasing fivefold.

In the cockpit of the Honesty, Applejack's gaze lingered on the picture she had taped to the console: herself, Big Mac, Apple Bloom, Babs Seed, Granny Smith and Braeburn all standing proudly in front of the Honesty on the flight deck of the Harmony. Apple Bloom in particular stood out to her, her smile was so bright, so innocent, so untainted by the world she had been born into her.

Applejack's little sister deserved a world of peace, and if there was no such world right now well then Applejack would just have to make one for her.

"This one's for you Apple Bloom," she murmured.

She turned up the power of the GN drive, and rushed to catch up with Twilight Sparkle.

Since the Honesty had the lowest capacity for ranged combat of any of the Gundams apart from the Generosity, it wasn't so surprising that Twilight and Fluttershy had already done most of the work by the time she got there. The GN gatling mounted on the shoulder of the Magic, which should spit out fire at a greater rate than any weapon in Celestial Being's arsenal, had already chewed up three of the terrorist Hellions. Fluttershy's gunpods, small independent drones each mounting a single GN canon, had destroyed the bomb and the escorting mobile suits. Only a single enemy suit remained, breaking away from the fighting to make a suicide run on the orbital platform.

"Oh no you don't," Applejack flung the Honesty's hand outwards. "Lariat!"

A GN beam shout from the Honesty's hand to wrap around the Hellion's leg. Applejack yanked backwards, and the Hellion was pulled in the opposite direction so hard it flew over the Honesty's head and snapped in two from the strain of the force upon it.

"Whoo-ee," Applejack said. "And y'all said a laser lariat was a silly idea."

"You must admit, it sounds a little bit weird," Twilight said.

"Weird ain't the same as bad sugarcube," Applejack said.

"Um, shouldn't we get out of here, before the Pony Reform League forces arrive."

"Roger that Fluttershy," Applejack said. "Armed intervention: objective complete."

***

That night, as news reports all over the world reported on how a trio of strange mobile suits had prevented a terrorist attack on the PRL orbital elevator, a broadcast was released simultaneously across the world.

A marble-white woman sat on a chair in the middle of a richly furbished room. The crimson carpet was decorated with a crest showing two alicorns circling one another, with the sun beneath one and the moon beneath the other. The woman's eyes were purple, and her hair was a luxurious mixture of green, pink and blue. A golden circlet was set upon her brown, a golden necklace with a purple amethyst around her neck, and golden slippers peaking out from beneath her white gown.

"I represent the armed organisation Celestial Being," she announced to the leaders of the nations and the ordinary people of the world. "And I have a message for all ponykind: we will no longer tolerate the existence of war and conflict in Equestria. We represent the interests of no country, government, religion or other body; but we will intervene in any war be it caused by race, religion, economics or any other reason. We will act against any country that we consider to be a promoter of war. We will stage armed interventions as we see fit against any nation that continues to pursue policies that bring about conflict with other nations or within that nation. Without exception.
"We are Celestial Being; and we will bring about a world of peace."

"I repeat: I represent..."

"Turn that off," Thunderhooves snapped. He rose heavily to his feet and began to pace up and down, kicking stones as he went. "If I have to listen to that self-righteous drivel again I'll have to kill someone to make myself feel better."

In the camp of the Private Military Company Nightmare, the mercenaries had hooked up an old projection screen up to the battery of one of their Fantons so that that whole group could watch the broadcast.

"Maybe they can really pull it off, dad," Strongheart said. "From what it said, those mobile suits they've got are pretty sweet."

"You'd better hope they don't pull it off, or we'll be out of a job," Thunderhooves scowled. "Damn do-gooders."

"I find it rather fascinating," Nightmare Moon kept her voice mild, devoid of emotion. "They say they want to bring an end to war, yet they threaten armed intervention in conflict zones. Celestial Being: your very existence is a contradiction."

"End war my flank, it's a racket," Sunset Shimmer spat on the ground. "They saved the orbital elevator from terrorists, they'll save a few more helpless people, then they'll start demanding to get paid for their protection. That'd be a sweet ride for us if we had those mobile suits."

"Don't be so quick to ascribe your own motivations to others," Nightmare Moon unfolded herself off the ground, her expression hidden behind the mask she wore. "After all, this world is full of idealists."

"This world is full of idiots, is what it is," Thunderhooves growled.

"Oh but of course, that too," Nightmare Moon agreed, the timbre of her voice changing not a whit. "The question is, whatever Celestial Being's ultimate motives, how shall we use this to our advantage."

"Advantage?" Sunset Shimmer said.

"The three great powers will hardly welcome an outside force interfering in their affairs, still less when that intervention takes the form of preventing their military imperialism. But peace is a word that sounds nice to the voting public, and so politicians may be reluctant to openly commit their forces to a firm stand against an organisation fighting for peace. And so, sooner or later, they will come to us: the people who can do the things they can't even dream of. And when they do, we will eliminate Celestial Being for them. For a price."

"That sounds better," Thunderhooves said.

"You think we can do it?" Sunset asked. "Those mobile suits-"

"I think we should be able to find our way around their capabilities. After all we're not without tricks of our own," Nightmare Moon placed a hand upon the shoulder of Nightmare's youngest soldier, who had not looked up from strip-cleaning her rifle. "Isn't that right, Scootaloo?"

Scootaloo looked up into Nightmare Moon's face and smiled, "That's right. I won't fail you, ma'am."

And cue the music

Author's Note:

This is just a plot-bunny that I had to get rid of because it was stopping me from sleeping. Still I kinda like the idea simply because MLP and Gundam share so many voice actors anyway it feels natural. I know this was mostly a retread of the first episode of Gundam 00, but the story will diverge into its own thing shortly. Also, I've tried to keep the characters in character and not shoehorn them into the Gundam story roles with two exceptions: Trixie, who is so similar to Patrick that it hurts, and Chief Thunderhooves who is basically playing Ali-Al Saachez in this fic because that voice was made for evil.