• Published 27th Jun 2013
  • 1,303 Views, 72 Comments

Moondancer's misguided mission - Paradise Oasis



Moondancer must save Equestria's past... from itself

  • ...
7
 72
 1,303

Return home to trouble

Return home to trouble

"Mmm, it's good to be home."

Trotting off of the ship, Moondancer breathed in the fresh and sweet air of Dream Valley. The warm winds were blowing the forest’s fragrant blossom petals, creating a carnival of color before the returning mare's eyes. But the white unicorn had little time to enjoy the spectacle, as a troubled earth pony came galloping out of the castle.

"Moondaincah, ahm so glad y'all got back yeah in such a hurreh!" The white earth mare with the dark pink mane exclaimed. "Y'all won't buhlieve the trouble that scalawag mare's been causin!"

"Now just calm down, Truly." the unicorn replied calmly, trying to assess the situation. "Whatever it is, I am certain we can deal with it in a calm and rational manner."

Considered to be the 'other' busybody of Dream Castle, Truly Heart was the castle fashion designer and pony of style. Blustery and over dramatic, this southern belle was known for having a mouth on her that could get on the nerves of even the most patient equine. Her only good trait, according to some ponies, was her wonderful ability to create even the most elegant and glamorous gowns ever seen by ponykind- a soaring talent expressed by her blue dove and hearts cutie mark.

"It's wurse thain ya'll think, Moony." The earth pony snorted, trotting back across the drawbridge with Moondancer. "Bhut it's baist ta explain it with Zigzag present."

Trotting back inside Dream Castle, The white unicorn followed her friend through the nearly endless corridors of the castle. Who but the ponies who dwelled here, could believe the tiny pink castle with four towers, housed this large cavernous interior that was four times the size of Manehatten at it's height. Walking down the endless corridors of doors, the two ponies passed several equines that they knew.

"Hey Moondancer, glad to see you back! Find another stallion wearing his ascot backwards?"

"Yo moondancer, what ya doing back here? Run out of scandals to uncover in Hoofkaido?"

"Uh oh, Moonie's back! Quick don't anyone get caught having fun!"

"Pay those rascals no never mind, dahling!" Truly encouraged her, scowling at the hecklers as they past them. "Y'all keep doin' what ya doin. Ya'll are just tryin ta make the lives of the ponies heyah bettah, wither they know it or not!"

"Thank you for the support, Truly." Moondancer sighed. "I just wish my friends understood me better."

Trotting down a long passageway, the two mares came to a sinister looking door covered in shadows. Raising her hoof, Truly knocked on the ancient, termite ridden piece of wood.

"Zigzag, y'all in theah?" The white earth pony called out. "Moondaincah's back, ahnd ah brought her with me!"

"Ah, noble Truly. So good to hear from you." A calm voice called from within. "Please open the door, and come on through."

The two ponies came through the doorway, and entered a dimly-lit room filled with strange and unusual objects. Stylized wooden masks of every shape and size decorated the walls, along with bottles and vials filled with the most bizarre liquids and ingredients filled the room. In the very center of the room sat a large iron cauldron, filled with a bizarre green liquid, and being stirred by the very equine they had come to see.

"Hello Zigzag, it's a pleasure to see you again." Moondancer addressed the zebra. "Your letter sounded urgent."

A zebra form the distant kingdom of Zebabwe, Zigzag had immigrated to Ponyland with her brother Zebara in seach of new adventures. The two had soon parted ways, however, as Ziggy special talent with potions led to to seek employment as Dream Valley's resident alchemist. Her brother, meanwhile, had followed his show business talent to Bright Valley, and she had not heard from Zeb since. Zigzag, meanwhile, had made herself most useful to Dream Castle, mixing up herbal remedies for every aliment that plagued the castle's herd.

"Moondancer, I am pleased you have come." The zebra greeted her. "For the-"

"No offense Ziggy," Moondancer interrupted her. "but for the sake of this conversation going more smoothly, could we please drop the Zebabweian accent?"

"As you wish, Moondancer." The white equine with black stripes nodded. "The reason I have requested your presence here, is that unscrupulous teacher you hired from Mustagia has been corrupting the castle's youth with her false lies."

"What, Sun Shimmer?" Moondancer asked confused. "But she came highly recommended! What could she possibly have-"

"It didn't seem anythang was wrong at first." Truly replied shaking her mane. "She took over teaching history and social studies, in order to lighten Sundance's load."

"But then the students began to tell their parents the most strangest of things." Zigzag continued. "First Baby Glory informed their mother that Celestia was a terrible tyrant that banished good ponies to the moon. Then Countdown told North Star that the princess had a powerful appetite for... royal pony guards and... forced herself on them to satisfy her tastes!"

"Princes 'Molestia'? Really?" Moondancer asked skeptically, pulling a fanciful pun name out of thin air. "That's absolutely ridiculous. The lifebond and pony physiology make such a thing impossible!"

"I heard Miss Shimmer was tellin 'em the Ponyville theme park ponies ate nothin but sugary sweets, ahnd killed anybody who ate vegtables!" Truly snorted. "Those ponies were some of our ancestors, Moony! We cain't let this historical revisionist go unahpposed!"

"The most insulting thing is what she said about my people!" Zigzag snorted indignantly. "That louse told the students the totems our totems my tribe venerates, are evil demons that order us to cook ponies up into tasty stews! This is completely unacceptable!"

"Ladies, seriously, I know you two wouldn't exaggerate, but I need more evidence before I make an accusation." Moondancer rolled her eyes. "Besides, if I accused her, how many ponies would actually take me seriously?"

"Then gather your evidence before you accuse." Zigzag grumbled, switching back to her accent. "But if you don't hurry, then we all lose!"

"Wail, y'all betteah do somethin!" Truly warned grimly. "Twailight ahnd Tohnado have already pulled Embah out of classes ta homeschool her cause ah sun!"

Nodding Moondancer turned and left the zebra's laboratory. Could Sun Shimmer really be teaching this lies? She seemed so nice when we hired her!" Moondancer though to herself. "I'd better get to the bottom of this, before something serious happens!"

"Get outta here, you big bully! Before we make ya leave!"

"W-what's wrong? Why are you three acting like this?"

As Moondancer trotted down the hallway, she heard several voices coming from around the next corner, looking around to see who it was, her eyes went wide with horror.

There, three foals- Clipper, Baby Tic Tac Toe, and one the white unicorn couldn't make out- were staring down a blonde human girl, whom they had backed into a corner. The pony realized exactly who the foals were threatening, the moment she saw her.

"Megan, oh no!" A terrified Moondancer had to stop herself from interfering. "No, Megan is our voice of reason, she'll talk some sense into these girls!

"Come on Clipper, why would I possibly be mean to ponies?" The girl in the ponytail reasoned. "You guys are my dearest fiends in all the world!"

"Liar! You boss the grown ups around when there's trouble, and control their minds with the rainbow of light!" Baby TIc Tac Toe yelled. "Miss Shimmer told us all humans are bad!"

"No, Tic Tac Toe, don't!" Megan pleaded, taking a step back, and raising her arm. "Please, I'm your friend!"

"Megan is evil! All humans are bad!" The voice of the third foal, who Moondancer now recognized as her own daughter, yelled. "Old Equestria forever!"

KRACK!

A baby pony has a powerful kick, strong enough to harm a human. The blow from her hooves smacked into Megan's midsection, sending the shocked human stumbling backward.

"MEGAN!" Moondancer came galloping forward, sending the three foals to flight.

"Run! She's summoned one of her mind controlled slaves!" the three foals galloped away. "For the glory of ponykind!"

Worried about the girl in front of her, Moondancer decided she'd deal with those kids later. "Megan, are you all right?" The unicorn asked, as the girl started to pull herself up. "Here, let me use my magic and check-"

"Get away from me." Megan replied in a chilling voice, slowly backing away from the unicorn.

"Megan!" Moondancer took a step forward, shocked at the girl's behavior. "What in the name of the horsemaster?"

"I said GET AWAY FROM ME!" Megan cried, running away from the pony in hysterical sobs. Moondancer could only look on in horror, not believing what had just happened.

Megan, dearest human friend of all ponykind, and the very heroine who had saved them from so many evils, was now fleeing in terror of the very creatures who loved her the most.

A dark snarl crossed Moondancer's face, as a red glow of rage emanated from her horn.

"Sun Shimmer..."