• Published 27th Jun 2013
  • 732 Views, 14 Comments

Whip and Wing 2: The Split Decision - TimeTravelinc



Indy and Daring meet again, when the problem of both worlds in danger come in the form of semi-new enemies

  • ...
17
 14
 732

Chapter 3, Part II: Friends are There For You, No Matter What You Are

Whip and Wing 2
Original Idea by: Fernin
Sequel Written by: TimeTravelinc

Chapter 3, Part II: Friends are There For You, No Matter What You Are
Daring climbed out of the window, looking out into the night. She saw several Earth ponies down below, keeping an eye on the area. She then silently went across the rooftop, as she quickly hid from the ponies, searching through her bedroom. They looked out the window, then one of them closed it as they continued to search. She then quickly and quietly, continued across the roof, quickly jumping down.

As the moonlight shined down on Daring Do's house, Daring, using the shadows, quickly moved towards her destinations away from her house. Richard came out of the house, mad as ever. "Sir, we haven't found her. I presumed that she esc-." "Of course she escaped, you fools didn't stop her!" he said angrily. He then tossed one of the pegasus at one of the other pony guards. He then looked at the horizon, then said, "One way or another, I will destroy you Daring Do."


Daring quickly ran through the woods after getting far enough from her house. After a while of running, she stopped. 'I should be far away now.' she thought. She started to rest for a bit, sitting down on a rock. She soon lied down to take a nap.

Everything seemed quiet in the woods, when suddenly she started to hear something. Like hooves, pulling a cart. Not wanting to take a chance, she got up and climbed up the nearest tree. She soon hung over the branch, as she braced herself for the incoming visitor. She soon caught sight sight of somepony friendly. What she saw was a cart with a pony pulling it. His fur was brown, and he had a hammer and chisel on his flank. He was wearing a miner's hat, and a vest.

He soon stopped right near Daring's tree, taking a break. He swiped the sweat from his brow, then said, "Alright Flint, Time to switch." Soon, a diamond dog climbed out of the cartage, wearing a vest and tie. Daring however recognized her old pal from long ago. She quickly and quietly moved to a branch.

"Alright." he said, pulling off the device from his friend. "How long has Flint been asleep for Silver Chisel?" Flint said. Silver checked his pocket watch, then said, "About 30 minutes, more or less. Say, that reminds me, how long til' we get to Daring's house?" "Not long, not long." Flint said, "Just in that direction." He pointed towards the general direction they've been heading for. Daring wondered if Silver Chisel was related to Silver Trowel.

Suddenly, the branch she was on started to creak. "Did you hear something?" "Like... tree branch?" Flint replied. As soon as he said that, the branch snapped and fell. Daring followed straight behind it, landing on her back, missing the tree branch. She lied there on the ground for a few minutes wondering why fate was doing this, while the air refilled back into her lungs.

She then rolled over, and sat up, letting in the air into her lungs. She then looked at the two, who were both in shock. Flint who wasn't really smarter than the average pony, somehow remembered Daring, and somehow recognized the creature as her. "Daring? Is... is that you?" he said. Daring nodded, to which Flint tackled her. Soon, he was in a hugging embrace with her friend.

"Wait, I thought you said that she was a pegasus?" Silver Chisel said, confused. Flint nodded, then realization hit him. "What happen to Daring." he said. Daring shrugged, then said, "I'm about as lost as you are. Although, I think it has something to do with this." She then held up her necklace, showing it to the two. The Medallion gave off a glow and hum, as she held it.

Chisel coughed, then held out a hoof. "Silver Chisel, unicorn," he said, tipping his hat. Then he added, "Oh and archaeology, and geologist." She grasped onto Chisel's hoof, shaking it. "Daring Do, archaeologist and adventurer." she said. He nodded, then said, "Now that we have gotten introductions out of the way, I would like to ask you a question?" he said.

She nodded, as if to say, 'I'm listening.'

"Who is Ahuizoti, and why does he want me?" he said. Daring went wide eyed, hearing the name of her enemy. "H-he contacted you?" "Yeah," he said, pausing, as the seriousness sunk into him. "Is that a bad thing?" he said.

Both Daring and Flint nodded slowly. Chisel gulped, then he said, "What happened to my brother, Silver Trowel?" Daring was about to say something, when Flint interrupted her. "He dead." he said sadly. "Or so we thought." Daring said to the diamond dog. Flint gave Daring a confused look, tilting his head. "Flint don't understand."

Daring took a deep breath, then said, "According to a friend I met in a parallel dimension from ours, your brother is now a soldier doing evil things. He was originally working for Ahuizoti, trying to give him the special Medallion that would help him transverse to another world." she said. She was about to explain more, when Flint smelt something bad. Something he didn't like. He looked over, seeing a falcon.

Flint tugged on Daring's shirt, then pointed at the falcon. Daring looked at Flint, then noticed the falcon. At first, she didn't recognize it, but soon she realized where she's seen that exact falcon. "Oh crud. Ahuizoti's falcon." she said. At that exact moment, the falcon jumped and glided downward, preparing to attack. They all dropped down to the ground, avoiding the attack. "Quick, into the cart." he said. The three of them all got into the cart, then Daring closed the door. Chisel, being a unicorn, quickly activated his emergency cart device. He then charged up the crystal, starting up the device. The device soon started to move the cart under it's own power.

"There we go." he said, then smiled at this successful idea, "Hopefully, this will move us several miles away from the attack."

"Now then, where are we going?" he said. Daring thought for a moment, then said, "I actually know a old college professor from long ago. Turn this cart around, we're going to see Professor Heartstrings."

Author's Note:

Hey guys. So listen, I'm working on a idea for a old TV show to be involved in the universe called the Strangeverse. A group created by a user known only as Silent Bob. Anyways, it involves Eerie, Indiana, and Ponyville's levels of weirdness.

Let me know what you think in the comments, and tell me what I should improve on this story or any of my others.
kthxbi.