• Published 27th Jun 2013
  • 732 Views, 14 Comments

Whip and Wing 2: The Split Decision - TimeTravelinc



Indy and Daring meet again, when the problem of both worlds in danger come in the form of semi-new enemies

  • ...
17
 14
 732

Chapter 3, Part I: Family Matters, It's Horse Sense... or Is It Pony Sense?

Whip and Wing 2: The Split Decision
Original Idea by: Fernin
Sequel Written by: TimeTravelinc

Chapter 3, Part I: Family Matters, It's Horse Sense... or Is It Pony Sense?
Mary and Mutt both started to climb out the window, following Indy across the roof, trying to be as quiet as possible. "OK, before we move any farther, what the heck just happened?" he said. "First the Nazis returned from wherever, and now my father's a pegasus?" Mutt said in shock. Then suddenly, they heard their door break down, hearing all the soldiers run around inside their room. One of them looked out the window, seeing the rooftop, but not the Jones. He yelled something in German, then led the men out of the main bedroom. Indy, Mary, and Mutt soon came out of their hiding places, climbing up the roof. Indy and his family soon made it back to their places on the roof top.

Both Indy and Mary looked at each other. "Did you teach him--." "No, didn't you?" Indy finished. Mary just shook her head. Then they looked back at Mutt. "Son, how did you know what a pegasus was?" Indy said. Mutt thought for a moment, then said, "Well, I was bored, found a book, and soon got caught up with it." he said. Indy was confused, then said, "What book?" Mutt thought for a bit more, then said, " I don't know. It was written by some guy named... uh, Homer I think." "The Odyssey, by Homer of Ancient Greece." Indy automatically said, to which Mutt was surprised again.

"Wait, that was the Odyssey that my teacher wanted to read?" he said. Indy shrugged at this, then said, "We'll talk about it later." he then added, "Also, I'll explain everything Mutt." Mutt nodded, then they continued across the roof. "We need to get to the car."

Indy looked around, looking for any danger, then said, "I'm going to go look for any people, y'know scout out the area." "How?" Mary said. Indy flexed his wings, then smirked at them. Mary was about to say something, when Indy shot upwards towards the sky and circled the house, searching. He soon spotted two guards out in front of his garage. He then noticed a guard on the side door of the garage.

He then smiled, as he noticed that it was a new guy. 'I wonder where they're getting new recruits from?' he thought, as he flew. There weren't any soldiers in the back and on the other side. There were many different guards, running around in the house. He then flew back to where his son and wife were.

He soon landed in front of Mary and Mutt, who were still in shock. "There's two guards in the front, guarding the garage. However, there's a new guy on the side door." he said. They nodded, as he continued, "I'll go distract the two in front, you two go knock out the one on the side." They both understood, as Indy's plan took flight (quite literally for him). Mutt and Mary silently scooted across the roof, while Indy quickly aimed for the guards.

Indy then landed right in front of the two guards. There only reaction to seeing this was staring in awe, then shooting at him. They were quick, but Indy was quicker. He flew around, dodging bullets, as he did aerial tricks to confuse his enemies. They kept up with him, until he did a trick that would make Daring proud, causing the guards to lose Indy. As they looked the skies for him all around, they didn't notice Indy peaking over a cloud. A thought then occurred to him, 'I'm touching a cloud. I wonder if it's part of the pegasi species abilities? I'll have to ask Daring about that.' he thought. He then grabbed a piece of cloud, and slowly flew towards the guards.

Meanwhile, There was a guard who's name was Heinz. He really didn't want to this job in the Third Reich. He wanted to do more with his life. He felt that he was more of a Intergalactic Hitchhiker who knew where his towel was, rather then a soldier purifying the Earth for better people. Frankly, he thought it was a poor excuse for killing all those sad saps that were killed long ago.

He soon saw a shooting star, and wished that something would happen.

Suddenly, something did happen as Mary and Mutt knocked out Heinz, the rookie. They soon grabbed him and carried him behind the house, setting him on a Chesterfield sofa. Mary and Mutt went over to the side of the house again, when they realized that they didn't own a Chesterfield sofa. Before they could do anything, Indy landed next to them. They proceeded to open the door, causing Mary and Mutt to forget the anomaly sitting there behind the house. As they entered, they didn't notice the air ripple and shift, nor did they notice the sudden disappearance of Heinz and the Chesterfield he was lying on.

Soon, everything was quiet, as it seemed that it was the end, and they escaped. Suddenly, they heard a engine start up. The guards started to check on the car, when a 27' Chevy broke through the garage doors. The Nazi guards thought this was a good idea to shoot, and they did. The car took, however, minimal damage as they shot.

The car soon sped off to the unknown, as the Nazis continued to shoot.

Silver Trowel came out, just as he and his guards, saw the car head over the hill. "You may have gotten away from us, this time Jones," he said, as a plan started to form in his head, "But next time... you and your family won't be so lucky."


Indy looked behind him once more, before breathing a sigh of relief. "So, what now?" Mutt said. Indy looked at Mary, and Mary looked at him, then he finally said, "First thing to do is visit a old colleague of mine."

He then tipped his hat over his eyes. "Wake me when we get there." he said, as he prepared to snooze. Mary just smirked at him, while Mutt looked between the two. "Wait, I thought you were going to explain something to me?" Mutt said. Indy pulled his hat up, then turned and looked at Mutt. "I'll tell ya when we go see him. So that way, I don't have to explain it twice or three times." he said. Mutt just nodded then decided to nap like his Pop.

Author's Note:

Yes, I know I'm late. I got distracted involving some TV Troubles, then the involvement of MacGyver and stuff.
Long story short ("Too late") I got distracted, now I'm a week behind. Just what I really needed.

I will however work to give you guys the best story, so don't touch that dial, and stand by.
Part II: Daring's side.