• Published 27th Jun 2013
  • 732 Views, 14 Comments

Whip and Wing 2: The Split Decision - TimeTravelinc



Indy and Daring meet again, when the problem of both worlds in danger come in the form of semi-new enemies

  • ...
17
 14
 732

Chapter 2: Out of Hoof, Out of Hand

Whip and Wing 2
Original idea by: Fernin
Sequel Written by: TimeTravelinc

Chapter 2: Out of Hoof, Out of Hand
Indy was suddenly jolted awake, causing him to sit up. As he replayed the events in his mind, he thought that it was all a dream. He then placed a hoof on his head.

'Wait?' he thought, 'I remember clearly having hands before going to sleep.' He then looked over himself, seeing the clothing on him was too big somehow. He also saw that everything was slightly bigger than before. Indy kept calm though, and decided to pull off his pajamas.

It soon revealed his light brown coat, all over his body. His lower legs bent differently, and his hands were replaced by his hooves. He also found some new muscles and stretched them out, revealing his new brown pegasus wings. 'Well.' he thought to himself, 'This is new. I bet this hasn't happened to anyone here.' And he was right. His physical form had done like so in the dream, had changed from a human species to a Equine species. His mind though didn't change.

His thoughts soon turned to Mary, his sleeping wife in the bed. He thought about running away, but then he thought about what they went through all the years they were together. He smiled at the thoughts of his family helping him. He then sighed, as he finally decided to tell her. He knew that this was no different than the time they were almost destroyed by the power of God. He also needed to convince her that he was still the same.

He started to shake her. "Mary, Mary." "Hm." she said. He sighed, then whispered, "Mary, would you still love me, no matter what happened to me?" Mary was still tired, and couldn't exactly see in the dark, but she turned towards the voice, her eyes still closed. "Of course Indy, what kind of a question is that?" she said, wrapping her arm around Indy.

She then felt noticed that something seemed off. "Hon, is something wrong? Are you sick?" she said. Indy didn't answer her question, and instead said, "Would you still love me... is I suddenly became a pegasus?" "Indy?" she said. "Just... answer me truthfully." he said. There was a silence in the nighttime air. She then finally said, "Yes Indy, I still would love you." Mary then reached over to turn on the lamp. "Hon, whatever you do... don't panic." She turned on the lamp, then sat up in bed.

"Now honey," she said, turning towards Indy, "Why are you...?" She stopped in mid-sentence, finally noticing the brown pegasus in her bed. She rubbed her eyes, trying to see if she was hallucinating. She then opened her eyes, seeing the now familiar looking, brown pegasus. She wasn't hallucinating.

She didn't panic, for she and Indy had been through stranger together. Although he looked different, she soon started to recognize him. "Indy? Indy, is that really you?" Mary said. Indy nodded, "Yeah Mary, it's me." he said, then added, "And no, you're not dreaming." he said. She sat there looking at him, surprised that the pony before her was Indy. "H-how?" "It's a long story, and it was sometime after I met you." he said.


Daring woke up suddenly, causing her to sit up. She started to recall the events that she dreamt about. As she recalled them, she placed her face in her hands.

Her hands, not her hooves.

She removed her face from her hands, looking them over once. She extended, and flexed her fingers, seeing everything was there. She then looked at her new physical form. Her legs bent differently than her humans, and they were longer than her normal legs. They were so long, that they hung over her bed. Her figure was much more curvier, and was covered by her blanket.

She checked her mane, which was a still a shade of gray. She checked on her flank to see her cutie mark on it, but not her wings on her back. 'Great. Just great.' she thought. She then got out of bed, checking to see if she needed to duck. Daring soon discovered that her head barely touched the ceiling. She then wrapped the sheet around her body, then walked to the closet. Daring opened the door, hoping to find find her clothes.

Daring instead saw new clothes on the hanger, instead of her pony clothes. 'Maybe they're not proper for me as this... human.' Daring thought. She then looked on her pit helmet, seeing something that didn't exist on Equestria. Stuck to her helmet was a sticky note. On it, it said.

Daring,
I didn't know your exact size was, so I made you some special clothes that fit to you. Plus some extra features.
-The Character

P.S: Hope you like them

Daring presumed that the stranger in her dream was the one who presumably transformed her into this creature. Then again, he did say that he couldn't stop this side effect. From what she remembered from Indy's adventure, she was bipedal with five fingers and toes, and is almost hairless. She then realized that she was human, and female. She was curious of what the females of Earth looked like.

She then looked at her clothes, confused. Then she looked back at the note. Daring then peeled the note off her helmet and placed it onto her head. She then grabbed the clothes off the hanger and placed them on the bed, spreading them out. She then grabbed the first item that was the most confusing. She didn't know what in the world it was, looking it over in her hands. Suddenly, it was as though a switch had turned on in her head. She knew what every piece of clothing did, what it's purpose was, and the basic knowledge of clothing.

She then started to blush as she realized that she was holding her undergarment top.


"... And when I came to, I was a pegasus in human pajamas." he said. Mary sat there as she allowed Indy's story to sink in. What she could get was that Indy traveled to another planet, similar to theirs, fought against some cultist, and had help from a pegasus that was on Earth and similar to Indy. He then finally returned back home and Daring returned back to her world, with the medallion in hand, just not the one he expected.

Finally, Mary spoke. "So, you haven't heard from this... Daring Do in years?" she said. Indy nodded. "Then suddenly, this...what was it, a god?" "I don't think so, maybe it was a Inter-Dimensional Being, only different. It may explain why I've become a pegasus. Then again as I recall, he said that he couldn't reverse the side effects of... whatever it was. I wonder if this was what he couldn't prevent." He placed a hoof on his chin as he mumbled his ideas to himself. "A pegasus? Aren't they just myth and legend?" Mary said. "Only in our world, dear." he said, looking at his hooves again.

Mary reached out to see if it was some elaborate illusion, only for that theory to be false when she recoiled in surprise with a "Eek!" Indy however covered his snout as soon as she touched it. She just gave Indy a sheepish smile at him. "Sorry Indy, I was just curious." she said. Indy nodded, removing the hooves from his snout. "That's ok. I would've done the same thing in your situation if it happened in reverse." he said.

He then got off the bed, heading for the closet to get his clothes. He then opened the door, to get his fedora, when he noticed the new set of clothes hanging on the door. Hanging on the clothes hanger was his fedora, jacket, shirt, and his belt holding his whip.

He then noticed the sticky note on his jacket, (To which wouldn't come into existence until 1968) and on it, it said,

Indy,
Didn't know your exact size, so I made you some special clothes that adjust to your size. Plus I added some extra features.
-The Character

P.S: Hope you like them.

Indy peeled the note off, noticing that there was no tape on it, then pulled the hanger off the door. He looked them over, then started to put them on.

Five Minutes later...
Indy placed his fedora on his head, fitting his ears into the holes, then checked himself in the mirror. He smiled as he still looked like himself, and yet alien. "Indy, what do we do now?" Mary said. Indy looked at Mary, about to say something, when a thought occurred to him. "I have an idea." he said, heading over to his drawer.

He got to his drawer then opened it, pulling the medallion out of it. He looked over the mysterious metal that hung on the string. Mary saw it, understanding that it was the same medal that he found years ago. He then placed it around his neck, wearing it. It soon started to glow around his neck.


Daring placed on the last clothing item on. She smiled, as she patted her pit helmet, then she turned on the light. She soon saw that she looked like herself, and yet alien. Suddenly, the bedside table's drawer started to glow. Daring looked to her left, seeing the glowing drawer. She pulled out the medallion, seeing the glow of it, then placed it on.

Soon, it started to glow brighter.


"Indy, look!" Mary said, pointing to the bedroom mirror from across the bedroom. The mirror started to ripple like liquid, before it soon revealed a image of a woman in adventure clothing. "Daring!" Indy exclaimed. Daring, hearing a voice, turned towards the source of the voice. On the mirror in Daring's room was Indy, waving to her. Daring looked at the mirror in shock, seeing Indy as a pony. She then got up and walked to Indy, then she crouched down. "I-Indy? Is that you?" Daring said, surprised. Indy nodded. "I figured that you must've gone through the same thing I did." he said. Daring got closer to the mirror, seeing that Indy's room almost literally mirrored hers.

She then noticed Mary sitting on the bed. "Indy, is that-?" "Daring? Yes, yes it is." Indy replied. He then looked at Daring, who was confused. "Daring, Mary Ravenwood Jones, my wife. Mary, Daring Do, the friend that I was talking about." he said. Daring waved hi at Mary. "I would shake your hand, but..." Daring tapped on the mirror. Mary nodded in agreement, "Same here. Nice to meet you." she said. Mary then looked towards Indy. "I thought you said that she was a pegasus?" "Well, if I'm a pegasus, the reverse must've happened to her." Indy explained. Mary got it, understanding what happened.

"Listen Indy, I think that what we saw was more than a dream." she said. Indy nodded, then said, "Remember what he said about the dangers we're about to face." he said. "You mean his warning?" she said, to which Indy nodded. "How can you forget that warning, when it was the weirdest thing I've seen... well, no. There was that one time.." she started to think about the weird events, and trying to think of her weirder ones.

Suddenly, they heard a crashing noise. "What was that?" Mary said. "Sounded like someponies we know." Daring said. Indy nodded, knowing the danger they were about to go through.

Suddenly, the door to their bedroom busted open with Mutt fully dressed, running in. "Dad, there's a bunch of Nazi guards out there and they have Tommy Guns." he said, running towards the windows. He saw outside the soldiers line up across their side of their house. "Guys, what I'm seeing here is imp-." Mutt stopped in mid-sentence, as he looked at his dad standing there. "Impossible? So is your old man being turned into a pegasus," he said heading for the window, "Yet, I've seen more impossible things than this." he finished.

He looked out seeing them loading their weapons. He went wide eyed in shock as they aimed at his house. "Get down!" he exclaimed, tackling his son. Mary quickly jumped behind the bed, and Daring hid behind the wall, closest to the mirror. Suddenly, the bullets shot through the window, shredding Indy's bed. The bullets though, were fast enough that they went through the mirror, shredding Daring's bed.

Indy started to think up a plan, as they continued to shoot. Suddenly, he started to remember events that didn't happen to him, but instead happened to Daring. From fighting the Nazi, to hiding from the Third Reich, to getting on a plane. He even remember the sudden betrayal of his friend, Richard. He remembered all of the events that followed, including Richard's death.

He then opened his eyes, realizing that they stopped. He then had a idea, then shot off towards the library moving swiftly like a bird. 'I need to get to my journal.' he thought, 'It'll come in handy for what we're dealing with.' He then started to hover over the shelf, looking for his leather bound journal.

He moved from shelf to shelf looking through the books. "Where is it?" he muttered under his breath.

* * *

Back in Equestria...
Daring got up, as she checked her surroundings. She then noticed the shredded mattress. 'Needed a new one anyways.' she thought. She then noticed the mirror, seeing Mutt and Mary sitting there. "Mary, where did Indy go?" Daring said.

Mutt suddenly noticed the woman in the mirror, then at his mom. Mary, seeing her confused son, remembered something. "Oh, I forgot. Daring, Henry Jones the III, but he prefers Mutt. Henry, Daring Do." she said. They both waved to each other, then Mary said, "I think he went to get his journal." She nodded her head, then replied, "I'll be right back, I need to get my own." She then left, quickly running to the library. She then started to scan the shelves. "Where is it?" she muttered.

* * *

"Where could it be?" he said. Realization hit him, as he realized that his journal was at his desk, seeing his journal open on the page of the medallion. He quickly grabbed it, storing it in his jacket. Then he started to head out before, -"Freeze!"- the Nazis were here.

* * *

"Where could it be?" she said. Realization hit her as she realized that her journal was at her desk. She turned towards her desk, seeing the journal open to the page on the medallion. She then quickly grabbed it, storing it into her pit helmet. She then placed her hat on and quickly started to head out before, -"Hold it!"- The Nightmare Moon Order was here.

Realizing that she was trapped, she slowly turned around. Standing before her, were several dark ponies, most of them unicorn. Suddenly, they moved out of the way to show a dark blue pegasus with a blonde mane. She soon recognized the pony standing there standing there in front of her. "Richard Brooks. I thought you were dead." she said. The leader smiled at her, "My name is no longer Richard Brooks," he said, looking at her with his red eyes, "My new name is Lord Darkness."

He looked at the familiar face, "And you must be Daring Do. Last time I saw you, I thought you were just some cursed Indiana Jones." he said, looking her over. "I now know what really happened, and I know that you and Doctor Jones are in trouble. The gods are preparing to punish you, and Jones for what you've done." he said.

"Wha- How did you survive?" Daring said, confused about Richard, and mad at him for long ago. "I was somehow brought through to here before I died, although they had to alter my physical form." he said. "Now look, I have knowledge," she turned towards the shelf, pretending to remember, "In a book somewhere in here?" Richard held up his hoof, causing the guards to stop. She pulled out what looked like her journal, and held it. "I think this is it?" she said, pretending to look the book over.

Richard looked at the book, then back at Daring. "Well, what are you waiting for? Let me have it!" he exclaimed. Daring quickly with both hands grabbed the book, then slammed the book into Richard. Even though it was a paperback, it still knocked him back. She then quickly ran down the hallway, narrowly avoiding the unicorn blast.


Back on Earth, a few minutes ago...
Indy slowly turned around, facing several Nazi soldiers. They soon let by the leader of the Third Reich, so the leader could get a good look at him. "Guten Tag, Herr... Indy stopped, as he noticed the familiar looking leader. "Oh, come now Jones. Must we really be formal?" the leader said. Indy was now surprised, knowing exactly who it was.

"Silver Trowel? I thought you were dead." "So did I. I started to black out as the mass of the stone started to well, remove the air from my brain." he said, leaving out some gruesome details. "But then something odd happened. I woke up in some strange laboratory in a new form, with a mad scientist over me. He told me the situation, which you not going to know, and then gave me a new name." he said, looking down at the scowling Indy.

"You may call me 'Baron von Trowelstein'. A leader of the New Third Reich." he said. Indy suddenly had an idea, as he wanted to time it just right. "Well then," Silver Trowel started, pulling out his pistol, "Any last words Jones?" "How about this?" Indy exclaimed. He flew straight at him, bucking him in the face. That caused Silver Trowel to fall over into most of his men.

He then quickly sped out, down the hallway, narrowly avoiding the bullets.


Both Daring and Indy quickly entered the room, locking it behind them. Then, they both headed towards the mirror to talk to each other. "Daring, Silver Trowel's alive." Indy said. This surprised her, then she said, "So is Richard," which surprised Indy. "What does it mean?" she said. Indy thought for a moment, then said, "I don't know, but I can tell you one thing." She nodded, knowing exactly what Indy was thinking. "They'll probably want these." she said, holding up her medallion. He nodded at this.

Suddenly, there was a banging at each other's door. They looked at the door, then back at each other. "Let's get out of here." Indy said. Daring nodded her head, "Agreed." she said.

Indy and Daring had several things in common. Knowledge, a kind heart, and a thirst for adventure. However, an additional thing they had in common was that they had a two-story building. As they started to climb over the window, one thought crossed their mind, 'Why did we get a two-story house?'

They looked at each other one last time, noticing the mirror starting to fade, then they left.

Author's Note:

Yes I did bring back Richard and Silver Trowel. Why? Because, they were good villains, and... and... I CAN'T COME UP WITH A GOOD VILLAIN! *starts crying*
...
Anyways, I thought it was a good idea to include Indy's family, and the event that everyone seems to dislike (Indy meeting aliens. How is that not awesome?) Also, I'm planning on using some odd ideas out there like how the germans somehow found out cryogenics before Americans, and a new cult based off of Nightmare Moon (She won't return until 1003 CR, I checked) and anyways, I thought that the ponies would've moved on from the Temple of Darkness.

So, things are starting to cook up, and I hope that my bet- I mean, my story will succeed in awesomeness or something.

And for all of you, I don't care that I write differently from the original story. Just be glad that I try to keep a continuity or otherwise, this would be a separate story from the original.

Questions, Comments, or Concerns
Leave Below.
-The Character.