• Published 25th Jun 2013
  • 3,621 Views, 82 Comments

Equestria In Chaos Control - chaoswisp1000



When the 7 chaos emeralds are warped into Equestria, chaos becomes even more chaotic as combat between Mobians and Equestrians ensues.

  • ...
7
 82
 3,621

Chapter 12 - Metal Trouble

Twilight listened as Knuckles concluded his explanation of the master emerald and the chaos emeralds as tey headed towards town.

"The master emerald is kind of like a toggle switch: it can both give additional power to the emeralds or stop them entirely," the red echidna stated, "That's why it requires a guardian, and its also why we need the emeralds"
that sound?

"Ah' don't get it; if these here emeralds are so darn powerful why would ya'll wanna stop them?" Applejack asked.

"Believe me its saved our hides in the past" Knuckles chuckled. Twilight stayed silent for a few moments letting the ideas roll about her mind.

"you've explained why you and your friends are looking for these emeralds, but I have another question; who is the armored alicorn?" Twilight asked.

Knuckles scratched his head, "I dont know, its not from Mobius, but from what you're saying its not from this world either."

"interesting," Twilight whispered, "so we're dealing with a inter-worldly being here?"

"huh?" both knuckles and AJ asked together.

Twilight sighed, "a being from somewhere other than Equestria or Mobius.

"Oh, yeah i guess we are, in fact-"

"Ah' hate to break up your interestin' conversation, but does anypony else hear that sound?" AJ interupted. The unicorn and echidna both strained their ears. They heard nothing at first, then slowly the pat-pat-pat of rapid footsteps and the beat of flapping wings.

Knuckles smiled watching as the blue blur came to a stop in front of the trio. A rainbow maned pegasus landing beside him.

"Hey knucklehead!" Sonic cheerfully greeted. This was quickly followed by a snicker from the pegasus, and a angry expression from the echidna.

"Not. Funny. Sonic." the red guardian growled. Sonic merely chuckled, and turned to the blue pegasus beside him.

"Rainbow Dash this is my friend Knuckles, guardian of the master emerald. Knuckles, this is Rainbow Dash, The fastest flyer in all of equestria" The hedgehog introduced. Trying to make it clear that he was still the fastest thing on two legs.

The pegasus gestured at the orange, and purple mares.

"Sonic, meet Applejack, and Twilight Sparkle; my two awesome friends!" Dash proudly introduced.

"Good morning"

"Howdy partner"

"Nice to meet you both" Sonic replied.

***

A red bulky robot lifted off the ground as a pink laser tore through the space where it had just been standing.

"You shall not interfere with my mission," the smaller blue bot said, "We were created by the same being, you have the same true master as I do"

The red bot responded with a round of bullets from its right arm's built in minigun. The blue bot rocketed out of the way, getting in close, becoming a blue spinning ball, and striking out with a homing attack.

The red bot fell to the ground with a crash. Despite its thick armor plating and defensive protocols; the smaller bot had managed to cause more damage by striking a single spot repeatedly. The resulting weak spot allowed the blue bots homing attack to pierce the weakened armor, damaging the red bot's circuits.

"cri-i-tical sys-system f-f-fai-failure" E-123 Omega stammered, as his systems closed down.

The blue bot stood over it's fallen enemy. Watching as it powered down and conducted a self repair.

"Initializing scan," it said, "Warning: internal energy reserves low. New priority one: find power source."

The bot started a scan for the largest amount of energy in a certain radius from itself.

"Power source found; locking on coordinates"

Metal Sonic turned to face in the general direction of his target: a city built into the mountain side. Its large spires towering over the rest of the city. The sound of a jet engine's whine could be heard as he shot into the air; directly towards Canterlot; towards the castle.

***

Sonic, Knuckles, AJ, Rainbow Dash, and Twilight all turned their heads towards a almost scream-like sound. This sound was accompanied by a loud boom, and a trail of pinkish purple forming in the early morning sky.

"A-Ah'm afraid to ask, b-but what is that?" Applejack stuttered.

Sonic furrowed his brow, and his eyes narrowed, "That would be trouble," he said worriedly, "and its name Is: Metal Sonic. My evil robotic doppelganger".

"Its headed right towards Canterlot," Twilight exclaimed, "I have to warn the princess!" The mare said. She broke into a full gallop towards the library her two other friends following her. .

Sonic ran up next to her; a determined look on his face, "You do that, Knuckles and I will try and slow Metal down."

The hedgehog accelerated ahead with the echidna following close behind. Before long twilight could make out the blue and red streaks as the two aliens followed the train tracks that connected Canterlot, and Ponyville.

"Good luck you two, and thank you," Twilight said under her breath.