• Published 20th Jun 2013
  • 1,141 Views, 6 Comments

Fallout Equestria Warzone - Polski



War never changes. In the ruins of Haycago a former metropolis a party of stable dwellers wandering dead city

  • ...
4
 6
 1,141

Ch 5 On the Road Again

Chapter 5 On The Road Again

“Flag Waver!” Said a voice Heard after sleeping for the night in the hotel room

I opened my eyes slightly seeing two blurs that were a navy blue and orange. I then felt a pony jump on me with excitement that I believed that was Fire Bolt. But to my surprise it was not Fire Bolt that jumped on me. I opened my eyes again I Saw a smiling face with a blue face and red Curled mane that was Rose.

“Good morning Flag Waver.” She said with that cute little smile that just makes me want to kiss her.

“How the hell did you get here Rose?” I asked with confusion

“Well Me and the other two wanted to see what's going on since you weren’t hope so we came to check on you.”

“I see. We had some trouble with the town kinda being attacked by a bunch of mutated freaks and so me, Fire Bolt, and the Overmare cleared out the town.”

“Then I missed the party then.” She responded with her cheery smile.

“Apparently. So is Steam Belt and T-Hoof too?”

She then looked around for a bit before responding

“Yup!” She responded

“Umm ok then.”

I stepped outside the shack with Rose seeing with great surprise how quickly these ponies returned to their everyday lives. Near the bar the was the other three friends on a beat up table drinking a Sparkle Cola. They then looked to me with a grin.

“Good morning Flag Waver!” Said Fire Bolt with a chuckling Steam Belt snickering next to her drinking the carroty beverage.

“You know where the Overmare is?” I asked Fire Bolt after she finished the bottle of soda.

“Well I I think they’re at the bar so I’d search there.” She responded with a smile with cola on her lips.

The town even after an attack seems to be pretty normal. How the hell do they recover so damn fast. The bar just before entering didn’t seen to suffer any damage from the shootout other than a few stray bullet holes in the walls. Entering the tavern there was the sound of idle chatter as I scanned the area looking for a Stable-Tec jumpsuit. In one of the booth had the Overmare and Silver Star sitting joking about Luna knows what.

“Oh good Mornin Flag Waver.” Silver Star Said interrupting the conversation with the Overmare.

“Come on Have seat.”

I then accepted his offer sitting next to him on the booth. There was a bottle of whiskey along with two glasses pouring to stuff into one of glasses.

“Flag Waver I think your Stable can help us and others. Since you have a water talisman you can use it to help with getting clean water in this hellhole. And as you’ve seen we may need a little help keepin the raiders at bay.”

“I think its fair considering the state of Equestria.” The Overmare responded.

“Its alot worse then you now Miss.”

She looked with shock hearing the words from the mayor.

“Uh ma’am what’s next?” I asked the Overmare scanning the bar.

“We need to stop those super ponies I feel they are a bigger threat than the ponies make out the to believe. Flag Waver you and your friends head to The Handcolt tower and stop the fuckers.”

I looked at seeing a desperate look in her eyes thinking what to say next.

“Um Ma’am how is this going to to help anything?” I asked unsure of her decision.
“I don’t know. We just need to stop this madness.”

“Eliminating one raider group ain’t goin to change anything!” I responded seeing her concerned look

“Flag Waver you’ll understand in time. But please ready your team for the expedition. Now please let me get back to working things out.”

I took the bottle of the booze and trotted off sitting at the bat table sucking down
the brown liquid feeling its mind numbing properties being reduced to a mellow state.

“Goddesses the Overmare just a bitch! she don’t know war and this hell I like!” I cried in a drunken burst.

“But you’ve only been out in the wastes for only a few days idiot!” A random settler said in anger.

“Ah fuck you asshole and let me vent in peace!”

“Shut up Flag Waver !” Said a voice I’ve heard that was who I think was Fire Bolt.

The mare then took me by the collar and then painfully hoof slapped getting my mind clear of the liquor.

“Damn it Flag Waver! Why did you get drunk. It ain’t even noon yet.”

“Uh fucking Overmare wants us to head out Handcolt tower.”

“So you get drunk! Goddess damnit Flag Waver get your sorry ass together. And why the fuck did you got drunk in the first place.”

“”Uh was pissed off with her ignorance.”

“Fucking hell. Neither of us have been outside for more than a week.”

“Wha uh yeah freaking Overmare thinks she knows better.”

“Well we don’t know much either.” Fire Bolt responded with a cute grin.

“OK can I least go back to the room?” I responded stumbling out of the bar.

Entering the room I sat down on an old couch with my freaking head pounding. I turned on the radio to see if anything good is on. Moving the dial I came across a song. It was a slow melody about seeing good out of the bad.

“Hey Hey everypony that was Sweetie Belle with them blues of war. Now Everypony we are on your favorite part of the broadcast, the news. Big news coming out of the area around Haycagoland. Near the little settlement of Rover a group of raiders out of the old Handcolt tower that we all know is full of super ponies. But to their luck a group of what we believe are a group of three stable dwellers single hoovedly wiped out the raiders and rescued our favorite ghoul pony Ditzy. Reports say the ponies who liberated the town were from the stable that opened a few days ago. It look like this isn’t the last of these sable dwellers. This is DJ-PON3 telling y'all stay classy everypony.”

The broadcast ended with more music playing in the background with a more upbeat sound. Since I was just sitting around one thing came to my mind that memory orb that Ditzy had. I Scuffled over to my saddle bag rummaging through its contents looking for the weird orb. taking out the memory orb I also got out the recollector. out of curiosity I placed the orb, put it on and let the ride begin.

oooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo

It was sunny with an eerie atmosphere that brings chills. I was surrounded by buildings scrolling through my sight. Next to me was an weathered looking buck with graying hair and a similar looking cutie mark. I then realized I had a horn and a white coat. The direction was heading towards a narrow rectangular building. I then look at the buck forced out words out of my mouth,

“Polski I beg you to help with the MAS with winning this horrid war. Why why won’t you let these experiment be tested with the troops. Out of anypony in the Equestrian armed forces you should be the one to to understand.”

“I understand war better than anypony but messing with nature is just wrong Shining Armor.”

They continued to the tower seeing a sign in front of a sliding door saying

Handcolt Tower now under The Ministry of Arcane Science

They went into an elevator using his magic shining armor push a button leading to what I think is the 56th floor. Entering the floor I was filled with unicorns trotting through the hall carrying things from books to volatile chemicals with their magic. We came into to top secret room filled with ponies with abnormal muscle mass on many of the ponies hearing faint groans of pain from the mutations.

“Damn it Shining Armor! How is this convincing me to support this madness?”

“Polski I haven’t shown the potential of this research.” Shining Armor responded.

The next room had a room with a crazy looking pony with amazing muscles lifting over 200 pounds with total ease. followed by punching through a concrete wall.

“Is this what you wanted to show me?” Polski asked

“This Polski is only the beginning. With this potion we can create a army of super ponies to finally end this war.”

Polski looked back in frustration seeing the super pony.

“Where did you even get the test subjects.”

He looked annoyingly and sighed.

“You realize I’m going to report this to the MoM. What your doing is unethical, even though war has no rules this goes against any morality that this left in this world.”

Shining Armor looked at Polski with anger with his disgust with this project. He then pulled out a pistol and pointed it at Polski.

“You won’t stop Twilly's research!”

Polski looked at him with annoyance seeing little emotion towards the threat of death. He followed by drawing the same pistol that I now carry in revolt.

“You know that you won’t do it. Will you really kill one of the highest ranking members of the Equestrian Guard?”

A grin came to Polski’s face after holstering his pistol followed by walking away to the elevator.

oooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo

“Flag Waver? Flag Waver!” said a familiar voice

“What the hell are you doing?”

As the world came back into focus I saw Fire Bolt shaking my body.

“What the hell are you doing? And for that matter what the hell is that thing you’re wearing?”

“Uhh getting over a hangover.” I lied to the mare.

“Then what’s that stupid thing your head?

“Oh this! Umm a thing thing that allows non-unicorn to see into memory orbs like this one.”

I then handed her the strange orb to quell her curiosity. She then swiped the device and continued on to look into the things herself. She fiddled with the thing trying to see how it works. Next I Stepped outside seeing a gray cloudy sky with a hint of orange in the horizon showing the evening approaching. Steam Belt came behind looking at my face with a confused expression.

“Flag Waver you sobered up pretty fast.

“It seems.” I responded with a smile.

“Anyway, Flag Waver what’s next.”

I looked into the sky for a moment trying to get my thoughts together.

“Like the Overmare said go to the the Handcolt tower and stop anything going on there.”

Steam Belt nodded

The next day I woke up with a minor throb in my head. looking around I saw everypony else sleeping with Thunder Hoof sleeping with his shottie. Looking at that I couldn’t help but giggle. This day was warmer than normal that was about 5 degrees warmer than yesterday.

“Good morning everypony.” I cried out to the gang.

“Flag Waver you seem a little more chipper than normal.” Steam Belt responded with a confused look.

“Yah today we’re heading out today. Ready your weapons and equipment cause this is going to be a long treck. We’re leaving in 4 hours.”

“Flag Waver who the hell made you in charge? Shouldn’t this be the Overmare’s choice.”

“Well well little miss bitches too much she did. Get your asses in gear I’m gonna get supplies.”

She looked at me me with a shocked looked followed by my slipping a grin. I then headed to see she freakishly looking pegasi mare I saved to get some supplies. She turned her head with cute smile that can give anypony a grin on their face.

“Oh hay Flag Waver thanks again for saving me. But to be honest this happens to me more than you think.”

Her smile was then distorted by a lazy eye wondering it the opposite direction.

“Anyway I need supplies.”

“What for?” Ditzy asked

“Me and my gang are heading to the Handcolt tower. So you got any stuff to help us.”

She then went through her cart for any good in pile of what I see is junk. Out of the pile she got out a patch with a diamond shape. It was a little worn but still intact.

“Umm what is this a patch of?” I asked curiously.

Ditzy then gave a smile flew to me,

“It’s a patch of the Equestrian Guard. Back when I wasn’t so ugly they were the best Luna and Celestia had entrusting them to protect the princess and Equestria. Somepony like you seems to have something that I’ve not seen in hundreds of year. I can put it on your barding if you like.”

The ghoul mare smiles as I nodded as giving her my barding to put that patch on.

“We also need supplies like food and ammo.” I asked again as the mare sewed on the patch on the left shoulder.

“Oh yes yes you can have what you need on the house.” She quickly responded finishing the stitching.

She handed me back my barding inspecting the work and nodded with satisfaction of the work. Putting on my barding Ditzy took out the supplies.

“Here you go Flag Waver. Stay safe ok.” She said followed with a derp eyed smile.

I next went over to the bar seeing the room of ponies. Was seated on a bar stool tapping on the table signaling for a drink. The mare then slid over a bottle of vodka and a shot glass and I then poured the clear liquid into glass gulping down the drink.

“I’ve been told to keep you from drinking you know that.” The bartender stated with an irritated look.

She then took away the bottle before I could pour a third shot. I then looked at her in disgust seeing the removal of the bottle. She gave me a flask instead.

“Don’t drink it all in one go OK and get out of my bar.”

I quietly left mumbling to myself about my issues. Outside the bar my group was there waiting for me looking ready and eager to fight the horrors that face us. Each of them all decked out in weaponry supplies and ammo.

“Lets go.”

Footnote Lvl 4 at 40%

Author's Note:

Enjoy :)