• Published 20th Jun 2013
  • 1,142 Views, 6 Comments

Fallout Equestria Warzone - Polski



War never changes. In the ruins of Haycago a former metropolis a party of stable dwellers wandering dead city

  • ...
4
 6
 1,142

Ch 1 A Hole in the Ground

Fallout Equestria Warzone

By Polski

Chapter 1 A Hole in the Ground

Once upon a time in the Magical land of Equestria. War, war never changes. Peace and love lead to hate and mistrust; culminating into destruction and balefire that swept the land. Some were lucky enough to take shelters called stables. I came from Stable 50, my home. Here lives the survivors of Celestia and Luna's guard that served with honor and loyalty to their princesses. I’m Flag Waver, a security pony who serves with my friends: Blue Rose, Fire Bolt, Thunder Hoof, and Steam Belt will face the evils that the equestrian wasteland brings.

Looking at the gray wall of stable 50 was mind numbing. Seeing the steel walls can do a number on anypony, even one living their entire life in an underground shelter. I was eating some weird gruel.
How the hell do they call this food. Sitting I heard the humming of the music through the dinner. The song was something I've listened to goddess knows how many times.
Hoof steps echoed through the hall leading to the dinner hall.

"FLAG WAVER!" Yelled the head security

"I'm on my fucking break," I yelled back

“Fine” I sighed with annoyance

After of what I say pointless walking around residential I then headed to the stables gun range. The entrance had bulletin board. There I checked myself in and grabbed one of the ear-muffs hanging on a rack next to the firing line. I put on the muffs then entered the line. Even with the muffs you can still hear the popping of the guns firing. I drew out my pistol loading it with a full magazine. I wrapped my hoof around the pistol. I then took aim at the paper target with a image of a pony. I lined up the the sight and shot 7 times at the target.I got looks of sheer shock of my accuracy. I walked away from the range with looks. Exiting the room with a cheesy smirk. When I trotted out the room I headed to my quarters.

"Another day in a hole in the ground." I said thinking of life.

The atrium was huge! the ceiling alone over 300 ft. The shape was of a cylinder. Looking at the open space there was pegasi flying through the upper levels. Seeing the sight I spread my set of wings and took flight to my the residential sector.


I sat in my room looking around the room. I then noticed a case under my bed. Pulling out the box in curiosity I opened it slowly. In the case was two guns, a pistol and an assault rifle. The pistol was a Colt 45 that was heavily modified with a slide that action was so smooth there was no resistance against the frame. Putting it away I took out the Rifle. It has leather grips with a 20 inch barrel. The weapons were incredibly well preserved. There also was a note in a barely legible hoofwriting.

Dear descendant

I ain't good at writing so I'll get to the point. These are my weapons during my career as an Equestrian Guard. Please take care of then like I did

Polski
I put the pistol and rifle back in the case and slid it under my bed In confusion. And spent the rest of my day in the bar sucking down shots.

"Y-You know what I found in my room." I said drucken burst

"I found some cool guns under my bed." Continuing drunk on the stool I sat on.

"Flag waver go home you're drunk." the bartender said looking at me weird like.

"I ain't drunk. I'm just a little buzzed."

Then in a drunken mess I collapsed onto oak floor.

I woke up in my bed having an annoying headache and mild nausea

"I really need to stop getting drunk."

Getting up I stumbled around trying to gain balance. I then spent the morning at the the dinner as I usually do. The meal was a biscuit and some weird gruel they gave. At least they had orange juice. Looking around I saw Fire Bolt sitting at a bench next to mine. The Orange pegasus mare was a near equal in rank to me but goddess I loved that cockiness she had. Saw her talking to another mare who I'm pretty sure is Blue Rose. Her coat was an azure nearly matching the stable garb with a red mane and a rose cutie mark.

I went the to the security room seeing Thunder Hoof and Fire Bolt. Looking at Fire Bolt my blueish gray coat blushed.

"Flag Waver, I see you're happier to see me then normal." She said with a cute smirk on her face.

Thunderhoof was quietly sitting cleaning his shotgun like it was his filly with a little smile on his face.

"Any news?" I asked after quickly shaking my head.

"They say radiation levels outside are low enough so you won't die five minutes after exiting the stable."

"So we're leaving the stable?" I asked

"Dunno. Maybe but its hard to tell. Now get to your shift boys."

We then headed out to our daily routes through the grey halls of the stable. The rest of the day doing the same old shit I normally do.

Later that day I sat in the dinner looking at the salad thinking of the idea leaving the stable soon. what is life outside the stable? Is it a hellish desert uninhabitable to any living thing? Or has life returned to Equestria? Goddess knows but I still can't image something like leaving my hole in the ground.



Weeks have past and nothing really happened which is fine for the years me and everypony experienced in stable 50. I was sitting on my bed looking at the weapons of my descendant's weapons that was held in the case. Who is Polski and how is he and important?

After my shift I went to the library to find anything about Polski.

“Flag Waver nice to see you around the library. ” said the librarian when I walked in.

“I’m looking for information about my ancestor Polski.”

“You may be able to find the information on one of the terminals.”

Looking around there was shelves and shelves of books along with dozens of curious ponies hungry for knowledge. There was a large wide table filled with terminals. I then took a seat and searched for info.



What I found was something about some war with a place called Saddle Arabia and him being captain of the Equestrian guard... Wait he was captain of the Celestia's guard and was in command of them. Holy shit that's awesome!

I went to the range to test the guns my descendant’s guns. I loaded the magazine into the rifle. I charged the weapon and fired a burst. The rounds flew with crazy accuracy. The holes the bullets made on the paper were like they were only 1 round fire. Damn it was an amazing. Next I readied the Pistol loading the weapon and pulled back the slide. It was so smooth showing no resistance against the metal frame and to aimed firing away at the target. The recoil was low for a .45 no wonder Polski treasured these guns.

The next few days were same as always. Ate breakfast, patrol the halls, went to the range, relax and repeat. Sitting at the dinner talking to Fire Bolt

“You’ve been relatively quiet lately Flag waver.” She said looking at me fiddling with my food.

“Wha oh, um I’ve been trying to find stuff about an ancestor.” I commented looking at her blushing.

“Any look?” She asked

“He was in the Equestrian guard.”

“Well all of us are descendants of guardsmen.” She said giggling at the stupid look in my face. Why didn’t I pay more attention in school.

Thunderhoof responded with a low “Eyup”

Later that day me and some other ponies played a poker game. The stable frequently does these thing because it helps us maintain some sanity for being in a hole for over 180 ish years And a way to make a bit of money. There was all the friends I hang out with my free time. One of the ponies was a maintenance pony named Steam belt. He was a big stallion with a gray coat and a steaming pipe cutie make.

“Deal me in boys!” He said pushing his bits on the table with a smug grin on his face.

The head security mare Daybreak dealt us in. I had a pair of 5s. I then put up 10 bits trying in vain to keep a straight face. I exchanged 3 cards in the hope of a full house.

But it failed only getting 2 pair. I lost the hand to to thunderhoof who had a flush. Damn he’s good!



We played till midnight losing 100 bits in the process but free booze so ya.

Sitting in my bed I had a slight headache from the liquor I guzzled down last night. After snapping out of the hangover I headed to the dinner to get some grub. After getting my meal I sat with Fire Bolt and and Thunderhoof.

“Flag Waver you suck at poker.” Said Fire Bolt with a snarky look.

“Apparently I do.” I responded jokingly said with a grin on my face.

As always the food tasted crappy as usual. God can I get some good food in this hole in the ground! We are armed to the teeth and are food sucks. Before I left I took a granny smith from the counter. I took a bite of the green fruit savoring the the tart flavor of its white flesh. Finishing the apple I went down to security to ready my shift.

Walking down the to security I heard a loud siren crying through to the stable.

At security the Overmare was standing in front of us.

“Were leaving the stable boys!” She said with wide eyed look

“Whaa ugh!” most of us responded with confusion.

“We need a group of ponies to survey the to search for civilization and make contact. Soooo any Volunteers.”

I quickly raised my hoof followed by what I see as two others Fire bolt and Thunderhoof.

Then the head security mare Water Gate stepped in.

“Alright ya idiots to volunteer. Go get set up and Celestia help you.”

I put on a desert pattern uniform in exchange for my stable garb. Loading 5.56mm into mags for my ACR. Loading my weaponry I saw Thunderhoof cleaning and checking his shotgun. Next to him was Fire Bolt sitting around holstering an ACR and a 9mm pistol to her hind leg.

On our way out to the great Gear shaped door Blue Rose and Steam Belt charged in filled with supplies.

“You two What the hell are ya doing?” asked in frustration

“Where coming with.”

“They never said anything about anypony else?”

“Well they need to have ponies who don’t kill everything that looks weird.”

“Ah fuck it lets go!”

Opening the gear door created a metal screeching along the sirens that pound through the room. The we were met by a blinding light

Footnote-lvl up

New perk-Markspony- accuracy while aiming down sights is increased by 10%

Author's Note:

Any tip are vastly apretiated