• Published 2nd Jul 2013
  • 636 Views, 16 Comments

A Lucky Belle - Goodbye1234567890



Sweetie has been married for five years now, to a stallion named Lucky Charme. He isn't the most normal stallion, seeing as to how he's a changeling.

  • ...
3
 16
 636

Chapter 2 (Sweetie Belle)

This had to be the single best day of her life so far. Better than anything that had happened to her this far. Sweetie Belle could hardly believe this was happening! Not only had her sister gotten one of the most important jobs she had ever been asked of (which Sweetie could care less about), but Rarity suggested the CMC to be the flower fillies! When her big sister asked them if they would like to, all they did was squeal with excitement. They were, undoubtedly, all thinking the same thing: flower filly cutie marks, here we come!

Sweetie Belle usually didn't care about fancy dresses and all that, but this was special. She was told that she was going to Twilight's brother's wedding. And not only that, but he was marrying a princess! She was tearing through her closet of fancy cloths that her sister had made her (that she never wore), trying to find the right one.

"No, too goth," she said and threw the black dress across the room, "no, too bright," she tossed the pure white dress that would have made anyone go blind, "too colorful," across the room a rainbow colored dress went.

"Sweetie, stop that!" a very dramatic sounding voice came from the door way, "You'll ruin them!"

"Sorry," Sweetie said, rolling her eyes, "I just can't find anything to wear."

"Oh its quite alright, I'll just make you something. You're friends need something too, correct? Of course they do. That Applejack is too focused on her work to have any fashion sense. And I have no idea about Scootaloo."

"Don't you ever think you're a little too generous?" Sweetie mumbled as she sat on her bed.

"No, why?" Rarity said with a small grin.

"Huh? I didn't say anything," she said innocently.

"Sure you didn't," Rarity said, kissed her forehead, and left the room.

As soon as she left the room, Sweetie started singing quietly. She knew from experience that her sister didn't like to be bothered while she was working on her one of her "masterpieces." So quiet she stayed. She tried to distract herself with other things after she was done singing. For example: she tried coloring, bouncing on her bed, magic, and all sorts of different things.

Finally, she decided to go see what Scootaloo and Apple Bloom were doing. She crept past Rarity's room and left a note on the table, then she left the boutique silently. She looked to her right and saw a bush rustling. When she went to go and investigate, she was ambushed by a small orange pegasus with a purple mane.

"Why did you do that?" Sweetie said before she realized who it was, "oh! Hi Scoots! I was just about to come visit you."

"I was just coming to see you too!" Scootaloo, one of Sweetie Belle's two best friends, said, "Wanna go see what AB's doing?"

"Sure!" Sweetie said cheerfully.

The two fillies went through town, just walking by everypony who watched them. All Sweetie did was sigh. The three of them were less trusted in the town, mainly because of their outrageous ways to try to get their cutie marks. This had resulted in massive property damage almost every time. And somehow, it was always payed for. Whoever or whatever was doing that was way beyond Sweetie's knowledge. All she had were guesses, which was that her big sister was paying for it.

"Wouldn't doubt it," Scootaloo had agreed at a CMC meeting where they had discussed it.

Finally, the two fillies got to their destination, Sweet Apple Acres. The two looked around for Applejack or Big Mac, but neither was anywhere in sight. The two looked at each other and went up to the door, and knocked.

"I got it!" came a voice that could have woken Luna.

Scoots looked at Sweetie excitedly. If Sweetie remembered anything, Scoots had told her at the last CMC meeting that Rainbow Dash, her complete idol, was also invited to the wedding. What's more is that she adopted a young colt their age named Morning. No matter how many times Scootaloo had tried to hide it, Sweetie could tell that she had eyes for this "Morning" character, whoever that was.

"Oh, hi Scoots! Oh, and Sweetie too!" a young colt said. The first thing Sweetie noticed was that he had no cutie mark. Then she noticed he had a sky blue coat and a grey mane. He also had one yellow eye and one blue one, which caught her off guard.

"Hey Morning!" Scootaloo said, barely holding herself together, "why are you here?"

"Oh, I'm here with my mom," he said kicking the ground a little, "she's planning for some big wedding I don't get to go to. I think she wants to keep me a secret or something."

"Oh," Sweetie cut in, trying to tear her friend from the cute colt that was standing in front of them, "well that's too bad. Have you seen Applebloom?"

"Yes I have."

Sweetie waited for him to finish, then when he didn't she smiled large and awkwardly, "where is she?"

"In the fields," he said and pointed them in the direction.

"In the distance she saw a lone figure," Sweetie said to herself sub-consciously.

"What was that?" Scoots and Morning said in unison, then blushed and looked away from each other.

"What was what?" she said and trotted in Applebloom's direction.

When she got within five feet of AB, she slowed to a brisk tip-hoof. As she snuck up on the young bow-topped filly, she snickered in her head. This was going to be the best of all of the scares she had done to either of her friends in a while. She was a few inches away, Applebloom still watching the sky, and lowered her horn. Then something amazing happened.

The small yellow filly turned around and yelled, "Not this time!"

Sweetie was sitting on the ground as if she wasn't about to do anything.

"What? I'm just trying to find what you were looking at," she answered casually and pointed to what looked like Rainbow Dash prepping for something.

"Right," Applebloom said, "wutever you say Sweetie Belle."

"So... where is... everypony?" Scoots, who had caught up and was out of breath, said.

"In the house," she said and looked back up at the sky in thought, "mah sister's pickin' who's gunna go with'er to the weddin'. Mahnus me've course."

"Why would Applejack be picking that?" Scootaloo said, cocking her head to the right a little (which sort of reminded Sweetie of a chicken), "I thought it was Twilight's brother's wedding?"

"It is, but mah sister got put in charge of makin' the cake," Applebloom said with pride.

"oohh," Sweetie and Scootaloo said in unison.

"My sister's making the dresses," Sweetie said, rolling her eyes, "including ours."

"Really?" Applebloom said excitedly.

"Oh if only Morning were coming," Scootaloo thought out loud, "then he could meet me at the end of the isle and hold me for all eternity," she sighed.

Applebloom snickered along with Sweetie Belle. This was something Scootaloo had been doing since she first layed eyes on Morning. And even more-so when she "talked" to him for the first time (if you count blubbering random gibberish for fifteen minutes, then fainting, as talking). Sweetie didn't even think Scoots knew she was even saying this out loud!

"uh Scoots?" Applebloom said in mid-giggle, "yer doin' it again."

"Doin' wut again?" she said, imitating her voice.

"Day dreamin' about Morning" came a female voice from behind Scootaloo.

Sweetie turned around to see a rainbow-maned pegasus with a cyan coat. Rainbow Dash, the adoptive mother of Morning and the one who was trying to teach Scootaloo how to fly, was right behind them the whole time and they didn't even notice.

"H-hi Rainbow D-Dash," Scoots said nervously, but excitedly.

"Hey kid," she said with a friendly mane-ruffle, "word is that you three are the flower fillies."

"Yup!" Applebloom said with confidence, "Wut're you doin' for the weddin'?"

"Oh, not too much," Rainbow said, flexing her front right bicep, "just performing a Sonic Rainboom after the ceremony."

Scootaloo nearly fainted. Sweetie had gotten to see a Sonic Rainboom only once, when Rainbow Dash had saved her sister and the Wonderbolts from falling to their death. When she saw it, she thought it was some sort of awesome spell or something. Then her sister came back, a little down about something, with the tale of what happened.

"Of course, nopony could stop staring at my beautiful wings that Twilight had made for me," her sister had said.

And that was pretty much the whole story. At least that's what it sounded like to Sweetie Belle. To be honest, she stopped listening completely after she mentioned anything that has to do with beauty.

"Hey everypony! The Train'll be here any moment!" Applejack's voice rang through the fields.

"Oh," Rainbow Dash said and picked up Scootaloo, "here let me give you a ride," and she took off, with Scootaloo buzzing her wings like she was flying.

"Ah guess we have t' walk," Applebloom sighed.

"Yeah," Sweetie said after clicking her tongue lightly, "lets go."

"Nnnope," a deep voice said from behind them as they were picked up by a wheelbarrow and carried swiftly to the train station.

When the three got there, the train was already leaving. Big Mac saw this and quickly thought of something. He yelled at the train, where Applejack emerged, picked up Applebloom, and threw her to the moving train. If he missed, it would have been all over. Luckily, Applejack caught the shivering filly and set her down on the floor.

Now it was Sweetie's turn. Big Mac lifted her up and threw her at the train. He. Missed.

Author's Note:

Thank you for loving and adoring this story! Okay, maybe you don't like it that much but still... Well... Here you go...