• Published 1st Feb 2013
  • 595 Views, 8 Comments

BattlePasture 2142 - HazardFacts

  • ...
3
 8
 595

Meeting Rarity

"Hello, Darling". You hear an upper class voice greet you from behind. You turn around to see a white coated pony in the standard gray armor that you wear yourself. Her head is covered by a helmet with a silver visor covering her eyes. She smiles as she speaks. She's dropped her massive backpack by her side and is holding a Bianchi fa-8 that looks like it's been… bedazzled?

Yep, she has several diamonds studded along it. A ruby in the shape of a heart seems to be placed on her forehead. Her weapon shines like her armor, clearly polished. Her helmet covers her muzzle with a faceplate but leaves her light blue eyes exposed.

On her hip are three azure diamonds. Her purple hair comes out of her helmet, ending in a roller pin curl on each side.

"You're the Sergeant I presume? She asks, her mouth curving down more, the smile leaving her face. Clearly she was expecting something different. Maybe a bit more… gallant. Like some kind of knight in shining armor. But you're not that, far from it, and you make that clear with a simple "uhuh".

"Oh," she says.

"A bit judgmental today, are we?" You say, cutting off anything she may have been about to say, good or bad.
She shrinks back a bit. "Well c'mon, noob, we gotta meet all the others.

As you begin to walk off you set up an MGP on the mini map and realize that your new acquaintance isn't following you.
Her head is hung low with her diamond studded LMG cradled in her arms. You let out a clearly audible sigh and urge her to follow.

"You comin' or what!"

Startled she picks her head up, it's odd for you to see small beads of tears forming at the corners of her eyes. You facepalm and subsequently motion for her to follow. She jogs up to you and soon you are both jogging side by side to the MGP.

"By the way," you begin "I didn't get your name, did I?" You tilt your head to get a better look at her.

She tilts her head slightly and shifts her eyes in your direction before answering. "I-It's Rari-t-t-ty." Her voice is ragged and filled with breath-spaced gaps.

You look ahead and feel the chill of dread wash through your very nerves at the thought of having to drag this inexperienced detriment around with you in your squad. You can only hope the other's aren't like her.

Author's Note:

This chapter took months to write.