• Published 17th Jun 2013
  • 701 Views, 5 Comments

A Hidden Blade - Hidden_Blade_Attack



A human goes on the adventure of his life (lives), how will he cope with the challenges ahead.

  • ...
18
 5
 701

Chapter 3: Running Out of Time

Crud, my watch should never run out of battery, it runs on red matter, the new dimension must be messing with it. This was bad, it was my only way back to my other body, I couldn't lose it. "Are you hungry?" Pinkie Pie asked noticing the watch on my leg. "Yes." I answered putting down my leg and hiding the watch out of view. I didn't know if they even had electricity, or watches, and I didn't need to look like an alien.

Anyways, I guess my body did deserve attention. I feel like I need someone to talk to, someone to trust. Pinkie was not it, she seemed to have little smarts and I wouldn't know where to begin to explain, so I continued of my lie. She came up to me with a cup cake. I didn't expect that for a dinner, but what the hay. "Here ya go!" She said giving it to me.

I had trouble keeping it in my hooves. But I managed. Its just one of the things I need to get used to. "Thanks." I wasn't saying much, mostly because I didn't know what to say and I keep going to my brain, if my brain had a voice, it would probably be telling me to get some friends and stop thinking. I ate the cup cake which was really good. "Wow, that was good." I said.

"Thanks, I made it myself." She replied with a smile, actually, she has been smiling for most of the time I've seen her. "You don't use your magic a lot do you?" She said. "What makes you say that?" I asked. "Because most unicorns would have levitated the cup cake." She said. Wow, the biggest word I think she has ever said. "I'm not much of a magic user. I prefer physical touch." I replied. "I bet Twilight could teach you some tricks!" She said. "Who now?" "Twilight, she is one of my friends and one of the smartest ponies I know!" She said. That's probably not saying much.

"Really, is Twilight a unicorn, too?" "Yeah, she is very skilled with magic." I guess she is my only shot at home. I have no lead but she might, if the ponies have 'magic' then I bet they could make a way to my dimension. "Where does she live?" I asked. "At the library!" She answered. Do any of these ponies have real home!? "I would like to meet her tomorrow." I said. "Perfect. I can't wait until you meet Fluttershy, and Applejack..." I tuned her out as she ranted on about random pony names I really didn't care to hear.

I was exited for tomorrow to hopefully meet a sane pony. I did feel sympathy for them though. Even though they are accidental annoying creations, they still don't deserve this. I dragged them into an unfair battle. Lets just say I'm not heartless. I will try to keep them out of this. I tuned back into Pinkie Pie. "and Spike. *yawn* I'm getting tired." She said. Finally, I didn't know if she could get tired at this rate. "Me, too actually." I replied. I wasn't actually tired. I just needed to give my mind a break.

"Alright then g'night." She said as she went over to a pink chair. "Good night and thanks for letting me stay here." I told her as I climbed into her bed. I have to admit it was comfortable. "No problem, what are friends for..." With that she was out like a light.

You see that kind of kindness you wouldn't get in my dimension, no person would stop and say hello and especaily let you stay with them on just one meet. I had to respect them for that. That pink pony aloud me into her home on the first day which would take weeks on Earth. Ug, sorry, but sometimes I hate myself in the past. rethinking this makes me mad. How could I be like that, it took me that long to even begin to care about them. They are truly amazing creatures and I'm honored to have met them. I guess it took me awhile.

As I allow myself to enter the land of peaceful slumber, I heard my watch bleep. Meaning that it was at 9%. I would guess I have about a day of power left. I better hope Twilight knows something or I'm in trouble.