• Published 17th Jun 2013
  • 703 Views, 5 Comments

A Hidden Blade - Hidden_Blade_Attack



A human goes on the adventure of his life (lives), how will he cope with the challenges ahead.

  • ...
18
 5
 703

Chapter 17: Through The Everfree

I think we've been lost for days.

I don't remember the last time I saw sunlight. Me and Fluttershy were completely lost and she just couldn't fly up to see where we were. Every time she tried her wings would tense up from fright. So here we were, crawling over branches, fighting through weeds, hiding from every monster we came across.

Not to mention how hungry we were. Luckily Fluttershy knew what mushrooms, berries, and leaves were good and which were poison. 80% were poison. All I could hear was our bellies rumbling. Not to mention lack of water and how stuffy it is in there. We were a mess, truly. I couldn't stand seeing Fluttershy going through this so nearly all my food went to her.

My magic was pretty useful at first, clearing paths, lighting torches, force fields from monsters, but eventually I had no energy left to use it. But we continued on, we fought through the weeds and monsters with whatever strength we could gather. I was proud of Fluttershy, she proved to be a great ally. We finally travailed so far we literally couldn't move. We were stuck on the ground.

"I'm sorry Fluttershy, this is all my fault. I shouldn't have pushed us to go any further." I admitted. I could barely turn my head to see her. She coughed a bit but tuned to see me. "It's not your fault Hidden. Who could have predicted this to happen. If it weren't for the tentacle beast we would be at the hill." She replied. "Who even cares for that hill, I just wanted us to get out of here." I said defeated.

I saw tears building in her eyes. "Is this it? Can we escape?" She asked. I struggled to move my leg but managed to grab her hoof for comfort. "Fluttershy, I promise you, you will get out of this. I will do anything I can." I said sincerely. I then thought of something I can't believe I didn't think of before. I focused any energy I had to my horn and finally got it working a bit.

I shot a flare into the sky. "Some pony has to see that." I said looking up and then back to her. I saw her tears begin to fall even more. "I-if we can get out, why are we on the ground like this." I knew what she was thinking, that we were in our death position. "We're just resting, catching our breath." I said wiping the tears from her eyes. I saw her eyes close and her breathing becoming steady.

Eventually I fell into the blackness.

I finally awoke. I could hear a voice but barely, I saw Fluttershy slowly waking, too. My vision and hearing returned to me and I recognized the voice. I looked up and saw Rarity relieved to see us waking up. "Thank goodness, you two are alright." She said. Rarity had a saddle bag on and I could see apples.

"Rarity, me and Flutters are starving, could we have an apple or two?" I asked desperately. "Of course." She gave us each to apples. I saw Fluttershy devour hers, I ate one and gave her the other. "To be honest I'v been lost for quite some time. Dash came back and got the others searching for you two and we split up and that's how I got lost." Rarity admitted.

"But luckily I saw a flare. So I went to it and saw you two on the ground fast asleep." She said. I could feel strength slowly return allowing me to get up, I saw Fluttershy try to get up. "No, no Fluttershy, conserve your energy." I said.

I used all my remaining magic to carefully levitate her on my back. She was pretty light but very soft. Like a blanket. I could feel her relax and she fell asleep, which was understandable, she had no energy. "Rarity, did you by any chance see a big hill?" I asked. She thought for a moment.

"Yes, yes I did actually. It was just over there." She said pointing in a direction I couldn't identify. "Why?" "Because that's where we're headed, come on." I said as the three of us went on. Even with my advanced evolution resistance I was really worn down. Every stride was like hauling an anchor. But we went on.

Rarity was complaining how filthy the whole place was but it was a stinking forest! "You know Hidden, I don't see why Twilight fears you so much." Rarity said. I refocused. "What do you mean?" "I mean that she thinks your a dangerous being that wants to destroy harmony." She replied.

I chuckled. "Am I really that bad of a pony?" "Well, she said you became very aggressive when she talked about it." She continued. "I don't know how to control my magic that much you know." I said. "Well, she doesn't believe you, you seem very advanced with it, I think you are, too." Rarity stated. I climbed over a fallen tree and Rarity followed.

"I guess I'm a natural. I never used magic before, never even knew it existed." I admitted. I wasn't thinking straight so I accidentally let that truth go. Rarity looked at me questioningly. "But...you're a unicorn. How would you not know of magic?" "Where I come from unicorns don't know of magic." I made up. Rarity seemed to understand it.

"I see, the ruler of your land doesn't want any pony knowing of magic." I shrugged and we moved on. "Anyways. Like I was saying, I don't see how you could be hostile. You're a very nice stallion." She complimented. "How do you figure?" She gestured to Fluttershy peacefully sleeping on my back. I nod.

"By the way Hidden,anything going on between you and Rainbow Dash?" Rarity asked. I felt flustered for a moment but recovered. "You mean of friendship?" I asked hiding my face because I could feel my cheeks heat up. "A little more." Rarity pushed. "I...duh. Nothing. My relations with Dash are just as any friend." I tripped over my words. How did Rarity get me like this? Kram could never do this!

"She seemed pretty upset about what had happened." Rarity said. I really didn't want to talk about it. "Uh...look, the hill!" I said noticing the hill come into view. I could barely see it, the tree line was far too dense, all I saw was the bottom. I heard Rarity mumble something behind me. I then noticed a little stream. I quickly nudged Fluttershy awake.

She slowly yawned. "Fluttershy, look, water!" I said. She practically teleported to the water. I joined her and we drank up. The water was a little dirt and some sort of algae was sticking to the roof of my mouth but I didn't care. It's water! "Uh...guys?" I heard Rarity say behind me. But I continued drinking.

"I have some water you know. Clean water."

It's almost to the present. My adventure in the land of Equestria is almost up to the point I am now. The point of where my death is a finger movement away...