• Published 13th Jun 2013
  • 4,017 Views, 450 Comments

Road to Twilight - ShadowBrony



A mix of Kingdom Hearts with MLP. No Sora or Riku. Just Keyblades, Heartless and Ponies. (No prior knowledge of Kingdom Hearts needed .)

  • ...
11
 450
 4,017

The Pegasus Device

Twilight didn’t know what she was expecting when she stepped through the door into the hallway but a set of double doors at the end with light filtering through the windows was certainty unexpected. A small door off to her right was there as well. But those double doors were practically calling themselves to her attention. Twilight walked forward and slowly pushed the double doors open. A wind swept over Twilight causing her to shut her eyes. As the draft passed though, Twilight opened her eyes to quite a sight. She was now standing on a balcony, Cloudsdale lay before her in all its glory. The sun was shining with a small breeze blowing through.

Twilight took a deep breath as she let the breeze run through her. Stress and worries blew away from her, and just for a moment, Twilight found herself at peace. After everything that had happened, it was nice to breathe in the fresh air. There was still much to do but for now, just in this moment, Twilight felt like should could take the world head on.

Then reality came flooding back as she opened her eyes. The factory cast a big shadow over everything. It reminded Twilight of the darkness it held and that there was still somepony in there waiting for her. “Well, it was nice while it lasted,” she mumbled.

Twilight took another deep breath, savoring the clean air before turning back and re-entering the factory. Twilight could feel her spine tingle as soon as she did so. The feeling of darkness hit her again and Twilight knew it was a feeling she was going to have to get used to for a while. See that there was a door she had yet to go through, Twilight decided that was her best option and went on through. She found herself in another hallway, only this one was well lit. Office doors could be seen on both sides extending down until they reached another set double doors.

Twilight did her best to look like she belonged; casually walking down the hallway, hoping that any Pegasus that saw here would not give a second thought about her. Twilight’s eyes glanced left and right, the office doors had windows and she could see pegasi working in each one. Some were typing on type writers, while others seemed to be chatting through some sort of device. Twilight felt the urge to explore this particular device that some of the ponies were talking into and receiving messages through in return. But Twilight was in a hurry and she did not feel like risking exposing herself over something so trivial. Or at least, trivial compared to what she was currently doing.

Twilight strolled through another set of double doors and came to a spiraling staircase in front and a set of doors left and right to her. Twilight blinked as she considered which way to go before deciding that up may be her best bet. Twilight went up the spiral staircase and found herself in a small hallway at the top with a single door at the end of it. She made her way across and through the door out into an open platform. Three pegasi were standing around, one was looking at a clip board while the other two were glancing upwards. Twilight followed their gaze and saw that she was now much closer to the device she had seen earlier.

A Pegasus filly was locked against a steel wall. All four of her hooves were bound by metallic cuffs. The syringe like device lay in front of her, currently sputtering to life. Twilight took every once of will power she had as she tried not to cry out for all of them to stop. That would give away her position and she would be no help to anypony if she got caught now. Twilight glanced back down around her and saw that a pony was standing at the end of the platform. Some sort of device sat in front of him. Nobs and levers covered the thing.

Twilight glanced back upwards at the helpless filly, trying to come up with a way to save her. She nearly jumped out of her fur win she felt a pegasi tap her shoulder. Twilight quickly turned her head left. The pegasi nodded his head in greeting. “You must be new here.”

Twilight paused as the gears in her brain were forced to turn, her nervousness making it hard to think. “Yes.” She answered meekly.

The Pegasus nodded again, “Good, then you are in for a real treat. The Pegasus Device is something to behold. After years of research, blood, sweat and essence, it all comes to this. This one great machine.”

Twilight glanced back up and saw that the machine was now lining up the needle. The filly struggled against her restraints. Twilight could only watch in horror was the filly screamed for them to stop. Tears poured from her eyes as she begged over and over again for the pegasi to spare her life.

“Now watch as the device enters her. Not a single drop of essence will be spilled or wasted.”

The filly’s screams of horror turned to screams of pain as the giant needle entered her stomach region. Her eyes shot downwards as her struggles quickened.

“Now the essence is pumped, quickly and efficiently.”

Both Twilight and the filly’s faces paled as a red substance began to pour from the filly. At first Twilight thought it was blood, but the color was much darker.

“Usually, when essence is extracted, it may appear colorless, but on rare occasions, it may take on a color of its own. That is a special kind of essence, one that we have yet to understand but has enough power to create a spectacular rainbow.”

The filly began to go limp as the color began to drain from her body. The once struggling filly was now nothing but a lifeless husk. The needle extracted itself from her. The cuffs came undone and she fell to the floor far below with a thump. Twilight glanced over the railing and what she saw nearly made her gag.

A box full of lifeless fillies lay at the bottom ready to catch the next victim whenever they should fall.

The Pegasus took a step forward. “Now if only we could find a better way to dispose of the specimens afterwards. Oh well, one miracle at a time.” The Pegasus stepped back. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I must see to this rare essence. It has been quite some time and I wish to see to its fare use. Good day.”

The scientist Pegasus left leaving Twilight to stand where she was, in horror. She had just watched a filly’s life taken right in front of her eyes, and these scientists didn’t even bat an eye. They all just saw these poor little pegasi as subjects for fuel. How could somepony be so heartless? Twilight couldn’t wrap her mind around it.

“Only more proof that I need to get Rainbow out of here. What if they suddenly decide to put her on that machine?” Twilight shook at the thought. “No, I can’t let that happen. I have got to find her soon.”

Twilight glanced around her again, noticing a scaffolding head off in some unknown portion of the factory. Twilight was about to try that way when a voice broke out. “Get you hooves off of me!”

Twilight froze as she recognized that voice. Glancing back up at the device again, she could see a bunch of pegasi crowded around a small Pegasus. She was fighting like a pony trapped in a corner. Not letting any of the pegasi really lead her, only inching their way towards the silver wall.

Eventually, they did manage to pin her against the wall and clamp the cuffs around her hooves. Once the pegasi had done so and moved out of the way, Twilight could now confirm the orange filly with a short purple mane.

“Scootaloo,” Twilight whispered in horror.

Twilight turned and watched as Scootaloo began to struggle with her restraints just like the last filly did. She did not scream though, only grunted in anger. She glanced all around her before locking eyes with something above where Twilight was standing.

“Rainbow,” She called out. Twilight craned her neck upwards and saw this worlds Rainbow Dash standing on a small balcony above her. “Are you happy with this? Is this what you wanted?”

Rainbow stood by watching. She was silent at first before speaking up. "Scootaloo, you meant everything to me. But you broke my heart. You could not be the pony I wanted you to be and instead became a failure. Failures are scum who will never go anywhere. Surely never a Wonderbolt. Consider yourself lucky though, despite your grievances, you will still be somewhat useful in the end. You will make a decent rainbow."

Twilight felt her anger begin to boil. This world’s Rainbow Dash was starting to annoy her. No, scratch that. This world’s Rainbow Dash was starting to piss her off. Twilight could only take so much in one day and she had had enough. No more fillies were going to die today while she was around and Rainbow was about to receive another reminder of what she is supposed to be. Twilight glanced back at the controls.

The pony controlling the device was only paying attention to the Pegasus Device, not anything around him. Twilight grinned as she quickly ran up to him. Without breaking stride and before her brain could even tell her what a horrible idea this was, she summoned her Keyblade and rammed it against the back of the pegasi’s head. The scientist pony’s head jolted forward, slamming into the console. The Pegasus Device ceased motion immediately. Everypony stopped what they were doing and turned towards her.

Twilight briefly dismissed her Keyblade before turning back around, throwing off her cape in the process. She then discarded her goggles before glancing up. “Hey faker, come down here so I can teach you how you’re supposed to act.”

Rainbow stayed where she was but appeared shocked, “Faker…?”

Twilight glanced back down just in time to see some of the pegasi moving towards her. Twilight summoned back her Keyblade and she rushed forward, swinging her head and ramming her Keyblade against the closest pegasi. He fell over clutching his head. A second pegasi came up and tried to wrap his hooves around Twilight. She ducked low before delivering an uppercut to the pony’s jaw with her blade. Another pony came up from behind. Twilight saw him coming and quickly spun around, knocking the pegasi back with a spinning attack. Twilight then turned and ran back to the console.

She pushed the pegasi slumped over the console with her Keyblade out of the way and then began looking for a unlock button. Noticing a red glowing one, she pushed it. There was clinking noise as Scootaloo was freed. She pushed herself away before flying over to Twilight. She hovered for second before landing next to her. “I can’t believe it, what are you doing here?”

Twilight shook her head, “Never mind that. You need to get out of here. Find help. Find my other friends and let them know what is going on up here, have them get the princesses involved if you can.”

Scootaloo nodded, her face filled with determination.

“Go through the door behind me, go down the stairs and find the office hallway. Follow that to the end and you should see some double doors. Go through those and you should be free. I am counting you.”
Scootaloo gave a small salute, “I won’t let you down.”

“You aren’t going anywhere.”

Twilight and Scootaloo turned back towards where the door was and saw Rainbow standing in front of it. “I won’t allow any of you to leave. Not after everything you both have seen.”

Twilight took a step forward. “Get ready to run,” she muttered to Scootaloo.

Twilight leaned forward before taking off in a full on sprint towards Rainbow Dash. Rainbow braced herself for impact but Twilight stopped just short of her, summoned her Keyblade and quickly swung horizontally at her head. The impact caused Rainbow to fall back in shock as Scootaloo sprinted past. She was through the door before Rainbow could even realize what had happened to her. Rainbow glanced at the swinging door, a growl escaping her mouth. She turned back to Twilight who had backed up a bit but stood in a battle ready stance, her Keyblade gripped tightly in her mouth.

Rainbow Dash slowly stood up before giving a loud whistle. Twilight tilted her head slightly in confusion. But soon, a roaring could be heard coming from behind her. Twilight stole a glance behind her and saw a huge flock of pegasi making their way towards her. Rainbow took a step forward, “Even if she does make it out, chances are no pony will ever believe her. But if you make it out, then everypony here will be in trouble. And we can’t have that. Sorry Twilight, but your story ends here.”

Twilight let out a small chuckle, “Funny, that isn’t the first time somepony has told me I am going to die. But just like before, it isn’t going to happen. Somepony is waiting for me; I refuse to let her wait forever. I will be there soon; I just have to take care of a few obstacles first.”

Rainbow grinned, “Sure, whatever Sparkle. It was nice knowing you.”

Rainbow took a step back as several pegasi landed in front of her. Twilight locked eyes with Rainbow Dash one last time, “Hey Rainbow, remember my friendship letters? Today I learned something. Rainbow forgot what it is like to be a friend and now, she has no one.”
Rainbow visibly flinched before disappearing from view. Twilight raised her Keyblade as the first wave hit.

Author's Note:

Going to try and get these out sooner. Maybe every two weeks? Not sure yet. Got hit with the flu almost a week ago and that really halted me. Had it not, I might have gotten done with this chapter sooner. Chapters are most likely going to be shorter but that also means I can crank these out faster. The next chapter deals with a lot of stuff though so it may end up being the normal length either way. Well hope you all enjoyed.