• Published 13th Jun 2013
  • 4,017 Views, 450 Comments

Road to Twilight - ShadowBrony



A mix of Kingdom Hearts with MLP. No Sora or Riku. Just Keyblades, Heartless and Ponies. (No prior knowledge of Kingdom Hearts needed .)

  • ...
11
 450
 4,017

Darkside Nexus

Twi readied her Keyblade as the ground shook beneath her. Both Nexus and his followers had become one big bonfire of dark aura, and it was continuing to grow. Twilight, Nyx and Twi watched as the ground opened up in front of them. Dark energy poured from it and shot up into the sky. The giant crack in the ground seemed to grow as energy from Tartarus itself seemed to be released. The crack was now big enough to swallow several ponies whole.

Twi glanced over at a Nexus and saw that his followers were starting to stagger and fall at his feet. Nexus’ fur had changed and now appeared black as night. His eyes glowed yellow and a large grin remained plastered across his face. His body radiated dark aura. When he spoke, his voice no longer seemed to match up with him.

It sounded low yet loud enough to shake the heavens, “Nightmare Moon! Allow me to show you the power that you have given up. Perhaps a demonstration is in order. Prepare for the real power of Darkness.” Chains shot out from the huge crack in the ground. They reached for Nexus and attach themselves to him. Nexus flinched out but kept a grin on his face as he stared at Nyx. The chains then began dragging him towards the crack in the ground. He simply closed his eyes as it dragged him into the abyss.

Then there was a moment of silence before the ground began to shake more violently then before. Nyx spread her wings, “Mom, Twi, I think we need to get off the ground.” Both Twilights nodded. Twilight hopped onto her back while Nyx grabbed Twi with her hooves. They took to the sky as lightning began to shoot forth from the crack. Twi watched in horror as a dark shape could be seen climbing out. Soon a hand shot out and grabbed the edge. A head slowly rose from the giant crack now becoming more like a giant hole.

It reminded her of the giant Shadow she had faced back in Ponyville. Only this one was a lot larger. Its hair was long, longer then the last one as well. As he pulled himself up out of the hole, the crack closed itself behind him. Twi could now see that he was covered in armor. The chest looked like it had been designed by a high craft blacksmith. The armor encased his arms and his hands almost looked more like claws that could slash though metal. The chest plate covered the mouth so Twi was unsure if this Shadow could speak or not. This thing was an armored monster and Nexus was nowhere to be seen.

That is until the creature actually spoke, “You see now the power I have been given. The darkness and I are one. Give in and you too Nightmare Moon shall be given the power I now possesses.”

Nyx stared angrily at him and shouted back, “When are you going to stop calling me that! I am NYX, nopony else!”

The Shadow Nexus was silent for a moment. “You see the power that I am giving you yet you still refuse? Fine then, if you will not submit to the darkness freely, then I shall force it to consume you. You will be with the darkness again Nightmare Moon. THERE IS NO ESCAPE!”

Shadow Nexus then extended hit hand outward and open it so that his palm was facing them. Nyx barely had time to react before a jet of black fire erupted from his hand. Both Twi quickly put up a reflective spell. The fire washed over them as Twi did her best to hold her spell against the onslaught of fire.

“Twi?” Nyx asked nervously as she watched Twi flinch when the fire hit her shield.

“I’m ok, when this thing explodes outward, I need you to fly us as close to its head as possible. Twilight and I will then barrage it with spells. Its head is its weak spot.” Both Twilight and Nyx nodded their heads as they waited for the fire to stop. As soon as it did, the shield blew outward. Nyx remembered how to fly well from her old memories of fighting Celestia. While she was not a fan of them, they were helping to make her a quick and agile flyer. She bee lined right for Shadow Nexus’s head. Both Twilight’s immediately began to barrage his head with fire and blasts of magic. Nexus only stood still as they circled around him taking pot shots at every inch of his head.

After a minute of continues fire, Nexus spoke, “Is this really the best you got?”

Nexus hand shot up towards them as a torrent of electricity was released. Lightning shot from the sky. Nyx cried out in surprise the lightning nicked her wing. She began to fall from the sky like a injured bird. Twilight cried out as they all fell. Her horn quickly began to glow as a purple bubble encased them. They all landed hard just a few seconds later, but thanks to Twilight’s quick thinking, she was able to cushion the fall. Nyx winced however as she landed on her side. Her wing being crushed underneath her. Twi was on her hooves, Keyblade drawn before Nyx or Twilight could even move.

Nyx quickly examined her wing as Twilight went to stand next to her. Twi looked at her confused, “I don’t understand. I have fought creatures like him before and each time it was the head that was always the weak spot.”

Twilight glanced back up at Nexus who was beginning to draw dark energy around him. “It may still be his weak spot; we just can’t do enough damage to make it affect him.”

Nyx finished examining her wing as both Twilights turned to her, “I think I can still fly. But I can’t take another hit like that again.”

Twi looked away and put her hoof to her chin as she thought for a moment. Suddenly she jumped up, “I got it! We are aiming for the head again but this time, I know how to do some real damage.” Twi turned to Nyx, “I need you to try to fly me just above where his head is, once you do, you are going to drop me.”

Nyx and Twilight stared at her in shock. Twi shook her head, “Trust me I am going to do something I have done once before, only my friend Night won’t be here to help. I still think I can still do a lot of damage with the plan I have in mind.” Nyx look unsure while Twilight was looking at her with worry.

“Please, I don’t think we will have much time before he notices us anyways. If we have a plan, we need to do it now.”

Twilight was about to say something but instead cried out just as Twi had finished talking. All three quickly moved back in surprise just in time to see a fist land right in the middle of them. Twi watched as Nexus slowly drew his had back ready for another attack. Twilight glanced over at Twi, “Alright, let’s do this.” Twi could practically feel her nervousness a mile away but could tell that they had little choice unless another plan was given.

Nyx glanced at Twilight who slowly nodded her head in approval. Nyx then allowed Twilight to get on her back before picking up Twi with her hooves just like before. Nyx took to the sky’s as both Twilight's held onto her best they could. Lightning lit up the night. Spell Nexus head turned to watch them as they flew high above him. He extended had out towards them as fire erupted from it. Nyx immediately dove down in surprise.

“Hold on! This is going to be tricky.”

Nyx dove and rocketed up into the sky as fire balls continued to be shot at them. Both Twilight's clung to whatever they could as Nyx did her best to reach her destination. Just as they reached a good distance above Nexus’ head, Twi glanced up at Nyx, “Think you can catch me after I hit him?”

Nyx slowly nodded her head, “I can try… I mean… Yes I will.” Twi could tell that Nyx seemed a little shaken. Twi was starting to feel the same way put knew she needed to do this now. There was no backing down at this point

“Alright, that’s good enough for me.”

Twi took a deep breath before she lifted up her hooves and slipped right out of Nyx’s grasp. As soon as she had done so, she regretted it. How dose Rainbow Dash do this?! Free falling is not fun at all, especially when you are getting farther and farther away from the only pony with wings.

Twi did her best to try to regain her focus; Nexus’ head was rushing up quickly to meet her. Twi quickly summoned her Keyblade and cast a reflective spell. Once it was up, she coated the inside with fire but left a small hole above her. She then grabbed her Keyblade and released the reflective spell. The summoned up a strong fire spell and shot herself upwards out of the ball of fire. As the ball raged below her, Twi then blasted the ball downwards with her magic as hard as she could. Nexus glanced away from blasting his once future queen when he felt a growing heat above his head. He looked up just in time to see a second sun coming towards him. If he had a mouth, he would have cried out in surprise. Instead, he just stared in shock as the giant fire ball consumed his head. It exploded outward soon after.

Fire rained from heavens that had been stuck by a single pony hoof, along with Twi who had been blown away by the blast. Nyx did her best to dodge falling fire as she tried to catch Twi. Just as she was about to reach her, a hand shot out of the fire and grabbed her. Twi watched the whole scene unfold as she continued to fall. She felt her body hit the roof of some pony’s house before everything went black.

*

Nyx squirmed in Nexus’ grasp. Nexus brought her up to his head as the last bit of fire fell away. Not even a burn mark or injury could be seen. Nexus laughed as Nyx stared at him in horror. “You see now the power that I have been given? Not even one of Celestia’s best students could affect me.”

Twilight then popped out of Nexus’ fist, “That’s where you are wrong.”

Twilight gritted her teeth as her horn glowed brighter than ever. Pure magic energy power poured from her as she aimed right between his eyes. She continued to pour a straight beam right into him. Until she felt another hand grab her from behind. Twilight cried out as she lost focus on her magic and the beam stopped. Nexus only shook his head. “Perhaps if you been at full power, you may have had a chance. But I can feel you magic reserves are almost used up.” Twilight could feel her vision go blurry for a second but she did her best to look ready for another attack.

Nexus sighed, “Such a waste. But you are no longer of any use to me.” He then extended his arm out and opened his hand downwards. Twilight cried out in terror as she plummeted right into a small river with a resounding splash. Nyx felt her mouth go dry as she watched her mother hit the water hard. She did not see her resurface.

"MOM!"

Nyx turned and stared bitterly at Nexus, “How dare you hurt my mother! I won’t let you get away with this.” Nyx felt Nexus’ hand open only to find his other hand close around it. She soon found herself trapped between both of his hands. She could hear still hear Nexus, though plain as day. It was only now that she realized that Nexus was talking to them telepathically.

“So you still refuse to accept that darkness. I am afraid I have no choice, but to allow it to consume you. Submit.”

Nyx cried out as she began to feel stings of pain throughout her body as bolts of electricity coursed through her. Nyx gritted her teeth and her eyes began to feel moist as Nexus began to laugh in the back of her mind.

*

Twilight gasped as her head breached the water. The small river had carried her down a little ways away from where she had landed. Though she managed to catch herself with what little magic she had, she still hit the water a lot more harder then she had been expecting. Twilight slowly swam to the side of the river. Once she had dragged herself out, she lay there feeling completely drained. She could hear Nyx cry out but despite all her will power, her body refused to move anymore. Twilight cursed herself for not being able to do anything. Instead she lay there as tears began to pour from her eyes. Her body still refusing to move.

*

Twi groaned as she felt her consciousness return. She knew she was lucky to be alive. That fall would have killed anypony else. How she survived, Twi could not answer. So instead she shifted the thought to the back of her mind as she decided to work on the matters at hoof. Twi slowly opened her eyes and looked around.

She noticed that she had landed in some young stallion’s room and was actually lying on his bed. Twi glanced up and saw the hole she had created. The room was mess because of it. Twi groaned again and moved to look out the window. Her hooves felt like jelly and she fell over as she tried to get out of the bed. Twi gritted her teeth and tried again with a bit more success. Once she had made it to the window, she saw that Nexus had just cupped Nyx into his hands. Twi gritted her teeth as she began to try and formulate a new plan. Her eyes then noticed two shapes flying towards Nexus. One was blue and flying fast while the other was yellow and flying just little ways behind. Twi felt her mouth go dry as her jaw dropped.

“Impossible.”

Twi quickly made her way out of the house, surprised that she didn’t see anypony but assumed that this world had basements just like her world. As soon as she left the house, she was attacked immediately by a pink bullet.

“OhmygoshTwilightIwassoworriedgladtoseetahtyouareokbecausewhenthatbigthingshowedupIthoughtohnobutyouarehereyouarealright andIamsohappy.”

Twi was at a loss for words, not just because she could hardly understand what was being said, but also because she did not expect to see Pinkie Pie so soon.

Twi gulped then asked, “You’re here?”

“Well of course we are, darling. We knew you might be in need of some help taking on this ruffian.”

Twi looked up in surprise as Rarity just came from around the corner of the house. She was followed by Apple Jack.
Twi had never felt so many mixed emotions at once. It was almost over whelming. On one hoof, she was seeing her friends face to face again. But on the other, it wasn’t HER friends. It was this world's. For a moment, Twi wished that this could in fact be the friends she was looking for. But that would be selfish. Twi shook her head to clear her mind. She had a job to do. Nyx needed her help as did everypony else here. Twi was so lost in her thoughts she almost flinched when Rarity placed the Element of Magic on her head.

Twi blinked and glanced around her. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy had just landed nearby. Rainbow looked as excited as ever, “Alright Twilight. What’s the plan?” Twi stared up at Nexus and then at Nyx still trapped between his hands. Twi glared at him, ready to join her friends and use the Elements against him... But quickly reminded herself that this was not her world. This worlds Twilight is the one who should be wearing the Element of Magic. First thing she needed to do was find her.

Twi knew that explaining this was going to be tricky and there was not much time. But she was going to need their help finding this world's Twilight. Twi took a deep breath, “The plan is…” Twilight took of her crown and stared at it, “To find the real owner of the crown.”

Twi looked up and saw confusion displayed across everyponies faces. Twi’s ears dropped a bit, she knew this was not going to be easy. “I am not YOUR Twilight. Your Twilight is somewhere over on the other side of town, but I am not sure exactly where though. I am a Twilight from another version of Equestria.” Twilight summoned her Keyblade and showed it to all of them. "Look we don’t have much time. Both Twilight and Nyx need our help. I will do what I can but it is your Twilight who has control of this Element, not me. I don’t think it will work for me if I am not of this world. Please believe me, I know it sounds crazy but I am not who you think I am. I'm sorry.”

Twi waited for somepony to speak but all were silent. Twi glanced around her and could see that everypony was giving her odd looks, all except Rainbow Dash. Rainbow flew over and landed right in front of Twi. She looked at her strait in the eye them glanced at ever other part of her. She even held her hoof under Twi’s handkerchief that how now become dirty and ragged.

“Alright Twilight, I am not sure I understand, but you seem like same Twilight to me. But if what you are saying is true, then we need to go and make sure that the other Twilight, our Twilight, is ok.” Twi nodded.

Pinkie Pie smiled and bounced over, “So you’re kind of like an alien Twilight?” Twi frowned and scratched the back of her head, “I guess, if you want to put it that way.”

Pinkie’s smile turned into a grin, “Awesome, I have never thrown a party for pony from another Equestria before!”

Rarity sighed and Twi glanced over at her. “Well darling, this is certainty unexpected, but you are still Twilight and you are still our friend, no matter where you come from.”

Fluttershy gave her a small smile, "Um... Nice to meet you other Twilight."

Apple Jack tipped her hat, “Alright, now that we got that out of the way. What’s say we find our Twilight?”

Rainbow Dash jumped up and hovered were she was, “Right, Fluttershy and I will head towards the other side of town and look for her there. Don't worry, we where ever she is, we will find her,”

Twi nodded as Rainbow Dash gave her a salute before grabbing Fluttershy and flying off. Twi then turned back to everypony else that was standing around her, “Alright, the rest of us will go and try to distract Nexus until they have found her and Twilight ready to use the Elements; as well as hopefully stop Nexus from attacking Nyx.”

Apple Jack gritted her teeth and gave a small growl, “Can’t believe a he would hurt such a defenseless little filly.”

Twi glanced back up at Nexus and then back to Apple Jack sheepishly, “Uh… I think I need to fill you guys in on some stuff on the way.” Apple Jack looked at Twi with confusion as everypony turned and made their way over to Nexus.

*
Rainbow scanned every ally way and corner of every building they past while Fluttershy keep a slow pace just outside of the town. They continued to fly on for several minutes until Rainbow heard Fluttershy gasp. It was a small one but Rainbow Dash had trained herself to hear Fluttershy when she made her little noises and talked at her normal low voice.

So as soon as she heard it she knew that Fluttershy had found something. She quickly doubled back and saw Fluttershy hovering near the river, Rainbow quickened her pace when she saw the horrified expression on Fluttershy's face. They were both sharing the same expression when Rainbow got to where she was and saw what she was looking at. Never before had a pegasi landed so quickly.

*
Twilight felt awful. Not only could she barley move, but now she felt like she was being shaken like a rag doll… And for some reason there was somepony shouting her name into her ear. Twilight groaned the best she could; that seemed to hurt to. She felt somepony slowly lift her up as the shaking suddenly stopped as well. Twilight could hear some pony get lectured as she was slowly lifted and then set in soft spot on the ground. She lay there for a moment as the world around her seemed to grow silent. Then she felt a hoof behind her head lift her up just a bit. Some kind of liquid entered her mouth soon afterwards. It tasted bitter and Twilight tried to spit it out, but hoof over her mouth held the liquid in and with no place to go, the liquid slid down her throat.

Twilight, with nothing better to do, groaned again. It seemed to hurt less to do so now. A second liquid entered her mouth after a few moments and this time it tasted a lot better. Twilight swallowed it gladly as it took other flavor out of her mouth. Energy seemed to return to her after swallowing it. Twilight slowly opened her eyes and saw two blurry ponies standing over her. After a few seconds her vision returned.
“Fluttershy… Rainbow Dash?”

Twilight blinked as both ponies looked at her relieved. Fluttershy actually smiled, “Oh good, I wasn’t sure if it was going to work. I have worked with magical creatures before but I have never done the same things with an actual unicorn. I just hoped the remedy for Magic exhaustion would work the same way on unicorns as it does magical creatures.” Twilight croaked a thank you as Rainbow Dash did her best to look tough but relieved at the same time.

All three ponies were silent for a few moments before Twilight spoke up again. “Thank you. Both of you. But I need to get to Nyx. She is in trouble and needs me.” Rainbow Dash nodded and pointed her hoof towards Shadow Nexus in the distance, “Don’t worry, our friends are already on their way to get her. But at the same time they are waiting for you. It’s time to use the Elements and end this.”

Twilight smiled, “Alright, think you can lend me a hoof on over to there?” Both Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy went to Twilight and got as close as they could. Twilight slowly reached her for-hoof over their necks. Once she was ready, both took off in unison as they carried her over to where the battle was taking place. Rainbow glanced quickly at Twilight and gave a small grunt, "By the way, when were you planning on telling us you have friend from another world?" Twilight let out a big sigh as they got closer and closer to Nexus.

Author's Note:

Hey guys, sorry this one took awhile. Been a very busy month. I think I also said that this was going to be the last chapter of the Nyx-verse. Well, this is the second to last. I wanted to release something this month and who knows I may finish up the rest by the end of the week but I was unsure so I decided to give you guys an early New Years Eve gift. Hope you enjoyed. Also let me know if you see any mistakes, my proof reader was really busy this week.