• Published 8th Jun 2013
  • 6,700 Views, 68 Comments

The New Life with Lies - BrightKnight 42



There has been a secret Within the royal family for many years and only two know it

  • ...
27
 68
 6,700

Family Trees Tie Together

The New Life with Lies
By: BrightKnight 42
Edited By: ultra1437

Chapter 7: Family Trees Tie Together
Sparkle Family Residence

“So, why are we here?” Shining Armor inquired with a questioning look to his wife.
“Because you and your parents will be talking to Twilight, and she asked me to be here to keep you calm.” Cadence replied simply.

“And what would that be?” asked Twilight Velvet looking at her daughter-in-law.

“You have to wait tell Twili-” right as she was about to finish, a bright flash popped into the room. After the flash faded, Twilight and Luna were revealed.

“See? I told you that it would be ok to teleport with me again, I remember when you loved to teleport with me, even more so than Celestia. I also remember you always threw a fit when we went out as a family, and you always asked me to teleport us.” Twilight scolded Luna, looking at her for a moment. Then her attention shifted and she looked at her parents speaking, “Hi how have you been since my coronation Mom, Dad?”

“We have been fine, but why are you still calling us that? I thought after you announced that you were older then you seemed, I thought you would call us by our names afterward.” Night Light replied, surprised that Twilight still called them her parents.

“Yeah, I should. But I won’t, because you reminded me of my parents back then. And I'm kind of your 14th great aunt, and I can prove it to.” Twilight shot a sheepish look at great niece and her husband.

“My question for you is, how?” asked Velvet, looking at her so-called 'great aunt.'

“Easy. Mom, do you have the book that your mother passed down to you, and that was passed throughout our family history? Because I know you do.” Twilight spoke cryptically, with no expression on her face.

Twilight Velvet stood there stunned for a few seconds before asking, “How do you know about that?” Her voice took on an accusing tone, “You weren’t supposed to know about it until I thought you were ready, and I was going to give it to you, until this came up.”

“You want to know about it? Well, when Celestia and I were erasing Luna from history, that book came up. Both my sister and I started that book, after Luna was born, so that we could keep track of our family throughout history. But because I was married to Princess Celestia, it was entrusted to me to watch over. After the Nightmare Moon incident, I had to give it to another family member on my sister's side, to keep it safe. My question for you is, have you ever wondered why there was an opening space on the top of the book, on the page where we put the names of the Twilight tradition?” Twilight asked, looking at her mother.

“Yes, but I was told by my mother, 'Don’t try writing on that line because the name just vanishes.' I thought she was joking, so I tried and failed. What does that have to do with this?” Velvet asked, cocking an eyebrow at Sparkle.

“Well if you can get that book I would be happy to show you and Luna can you go to your mother and tell her this phrase: ‘The tome lays the key to the Family.’ she know what it means, and then she will give you a item and bring it back to me, ok?” Twilight asked of Luna, looking over to her. Luna nodded and disappeared in a flash of Twilight's magic, and Velvet left to get her family’s book

After a minute, Luna reappeared with a book in her magic just as Velvet came back with her book. They both sat in front of Twilight, and she got stares for her entire family.

“Wow, the two books here I have not seen for a while... so let get started first my book of my family.” Twilight explained, opening the old book “Ok where was that page...” she thought out loud while flipping thought the book. “Aha! Here it is, now mom, will you come over here?” Sparkle asked of her mother while waving Twilight Velvet over.

“Now, you see how there is a blank space here, well that is my spot. If my name was still there, the family would wonder why there is a Twilight Sparkle in their family, because the tradition says that long as the name has Twilight in it. It counts, but that name can’t be the same to any other Twilight in this book.” Sparkle paused to regard the entire room for a second, before continuing, “That is why I don’t have my name in the book. I lied, it was from my side of the family, because they always knew when this book was started, that there were sister that started it. They just thought I was not into traditions oddly enough, so I did not need to be accused because I was the one who started the Tradition of Twilight. The only child I had was Luna, but that was before my sister thought of using my name as a tradition, she was the one who started it with her first child, but every time they were told that, they were able to see this book. They came to me and added their names if they were a Twilight, but let’s quit dwelling on the past.” Sparkle finished speaking and lit her horn up. The book glowed a purplish color, and after a moment, Twilight’s name started showing on the top line. After a couple minutes, her name was showing and everypony was just surprised to see that she was not lying that she was part of the family. “Now mom, I would like to have the book back into my possession, so I could keep up what I was doing before the Nightmare Moon incident. I kind of promised my sister I would keep a eye on it so nothing will happen to it, but I would let you hold it until you are ready to give it to me. I will need it to continue that promise made her.”

“You can take it today, but before I do give it to you, I would like to know what you promised my oh-so-great grandmother.” Velvet replied, looking at her aunt.

“I promised that I would watch the family grow thought out the years, and make sure that our family does not fall apart. Also to keep an eye on the traditions that were set when we were kids and make sure that at least, most stay, and I have worked very hard to keep them going and the only reason I did not jump in and say, 'No, it has to continue.' is because my identity had to stay hidden. Whenever one was discontinued and forgotten... I usually cried my eyes out and stayed with Celestia until I know I could handle being with my family again but it hurt me on the inside, knowing I failed my sister. Now that I am back, I can bring some of them back, but Shining Armor has to keep up on the Twilight Tradition and that is one of the reason I need to talk to you and Cadence after this alone.” When she finished, she had a content look on her face, like she was about to cry but she was happy.

“Well, I guess this is our cue to go. We will be in the kitchen if you need us.” Twilight Velvet stated, pulling her husband with her to leave the room.

“So, I know why you are wondering why you are still here? Well it has to deal with this book. It will tell you who the royal family is made up of. It's an account of marriages, births and much more, but what we are here for is you to… Shining have you wondered what Cadence's life was like 1000 years ago… I know you do, but she has not told you the entire truth. That is because she asked us to erase her memories. Now it is time to tell you the truth about her past…” Twilight waited a few minutes before speaking again.

“She is not Princess Cadence, niece of Princess Celestia. She is her sister an-” Twilight was cut off by Shining Armor.
“WHAT?! She is not her niece but her Si-” Cadence quieted him quickly, putting a hoof in his mouth.

“Yes, I am her sister, just don’t go screaming it to the world. It has to stay hidden until Celestia and Twilight's problem blows over. That also leads into another thing, I kinda just got my memories back and I have remembering my life before they were taken away, but I have to tell you this… I was married once and I had a child, but now he is with his father.“ Cadence shed a tear in remembrance, looking dejectedly at the floor. “As for what they did, his father took the throne from me and abused both my son and myself, but in the process my son fell to the dark side. Because of that stallion, now he is gone, but in the process I lost my son… you want to know something? I missed Sombra so much I cried my eyes out until I had nothing left, and that is why I dedicated my life to make sure the same thing does not happen to my sister and Twilight. It still did, and after they dealt with the problem, ponies were coming to me to kill Luna, so they did not have to deal with her return.“ Cadence looked like she was about to cry again. “That just saddened me more than the night that Celestia and Twilight were going to erase her life from history and replace it. I wanted to forget what the pony, to help with their wishes. To do that I asked them to wipe my mind, and they did.” Cadence finished her explanation about to break down after remembering what her old husband did to their son and herself, and what her son did to her after his father died.

“So now, let’s get off of that. You two have to continue the royal bloodline on your half of the family, Celestia and myself have Luna, you need an heir to your Crystal throne… and to keep the tradition of our family, Shining.” Twilight stated, looking at Cadence and Shining .

With her piece said, she teleported both Luna and herself away and back to the Castle, leaving the Cadence and Shining staring blankly.


A Bright flash appeared in Princess Celestia's study. After they appeared, Luna and Twilight walked over to Celestia. Twilight gave back the family tree book, and kissed Celestia as a thank you for letting her borrow it, Luna just got even more grossed out by her parents showing each other affection.

Author's Note:

For the people that got lost well twilight was explaining here is s sum up of what she said

1.)The Twilight tradition says that The first born Daughter is named Twilight and The Name cant repeat again {Ex:Twilight SPARKLE & Twilight VELVET} the only part that can name that repeat is Twilight.
2.) As Twilight sayed her sister part of the family was dropping traditions but she could not stop them due to Luna being Nightmare Moon and her identity had to stay hidden until now.