• Published 8th Jun 2013
  • 6,700 Views, 68 Comments

The New Life with Lies - BrightKnight 42



There has been a secret Within the royal family for many years and only two know it

  • ...
27
 68
 6,700

Secret's Reveled

The New Life with Lies
By: BrightKnight 42
Edited By: ultra1437

Chapter 2: Secrets Revealed
(Princess Celestia’s secret gardens)

It was late at night, and Celestia had passed out on top of Twilight. Luna just didn't care what her parents did, all she cared about is her beautiful night, and it did not surprise her that one of her mothers did know where most stars are like her. She was also happy that she had her parents back, but some questions were still bothering her and she had to ask someone. She shifted to turn and face Twilight.

“Mommy?” Luna asked, loud enough that Twilight could hear, but it would not wake Celestia.

“Yes sweetheart?” answered Twilight softly, not trying to wake her wife. Luna was silent for a few moments.

Twilight took Luna's hesitation for something being wrong and spoke. “Luna, what’s wrong? “ Twilight broke the silence, trying to get her daughter to speak.

Luna finally spoke up, “What will happen when we tell Equestria about this secret that you and mom have been hiding?”

Twilight was trapped. She had real no answer for that question, so she answered the best she could. “Well, I don’t know. Only your mother would know that and she's kind asleep right now. Last time we talked about this... I think what we had planned is that we tell my friends. Then we tell your cousin, with the rest of Equestria. I know that Celestia has to cast her spell on Cadence, so she has her memory of you back. She was the one that watched you back then when I was not able to, and she has another secret that we have be hiding from her, you and the rest of Equestria, but right now let’s get your mother to bed and then you, ok?” Twilight then shifted a bit to get out from under Celestia.

“Ok. And I decided when to give you the throne, would you like to know?” Luna asked quietly, still not trying to disturb Celestia's sleep.

“Yes I would.” Twilight replied, her voice betraying her surprise.

“Well, I would like to get you on your throne as soon as Equestria has accepted that both you and Celestia are my mothers. And also that Blueblood is dealt with, because you know him and what he will do when he finds out.” Luna snorted in anger after she spoke.

“Yes, I know...” Twilight trailed off with a saddened tone of voice. Now lifting her wife in the in the air, and off of herself, Twilight continued, “I can see it now, he is going to rant that I am brainwashing you two into thinking that you are my family, and that I am trying to take the throne from him so that he can’t come to power if something happens to Celestia. He will completely forget about you, and then after some time he will accept me if he ever does.” Twilight was even more downtrodden about what her nephew would do so he would not lose power, and she also know her wife would not tolerate him bad mouthing her wife or their daughter for an instant.

'Hopefully, he does not bad mouth me... because if he did, he would have to deal with two angry alicorn parents protecting their child.' Luna thought, knowing what her mother meant by what she just said.

“Well come on, let’s get your mother to bed now. As soon as we are done putting her to bed we can spend time together trying to get your memories back, ok?” Twilight suggested as she looked over to Luna, trying to get her daughter to smile.

“Yeah, I would love that!” Luna's reply came with a smile forming on her face. “I have not spent that much time with you alone since last Nightmare Night, and that was when I thought you we just a normal pony, not my mother.”

The rest of the night was spent with just a mother and her daughter.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(The next morning)

Princess Celestia was sitting on the throne, listening to her nephew, Blueblood, rant that Twilight should not be crowned and that she should be just left on the curb, like forgotten rag. Then the throne room doors opened and Celestia's face lit up in a smile. In response, Blueblood turns around to see Twilight standing there. Blueblood's rant died in his throat.

Seconds later, Luna walked in. Then Celestia smiled, just happy to see her daughter. Twilight walks up to Celestia and whispers into her ear, “We need to talk. Alone.” When she heard 'alone' Celestia’s face drooped a bit and just looked at Luna.

“Court is now in recess for a few hours,” is all Celestia stated before pushing almost everypony out of the throne room and writing a note, so the guards know where to find them. Finally, she teleported her family to her private chambers, once there, she finally spoke up, asking, “What did she do?” Celestia then shot a disappointed look at Luna.

“She did nothing wrong, all she has done is help me!” Twilight replied seriously, knowing why her wife just asked the question.

Celestia looked confused for a moment before she asked another question. “What do you mean, 'she helped you?'” Celestia's voice still had some anger, but it had diminished somewhat.

“I mean, she helped by letting me know that she will be giving me the throne as soon as Spike gives the message to my friends that they are needed here for a very important announcement from us. They were also told not to speak of this announcement to anypony, except to tell their families that they are needed in Canterlot. After a few hours, you will be giving an announcement to all of Equestria that will reveal who Luna really is, and about her stepping down from the throne, giving it to me.” She answered her wife's question with more than a little happiness in her voice, knowing she and her daughter came up with the idea.

“But there is one thing you have to do before the throne is given to me. You have to deal with Blueblood and his followers. You know they will try to make it seem like a lie.” Twilight somberly added, her tone losing some happiness in her voice.

Celestia cursed that Twilight said that name. She was already mad enough at him for bad-mouthing her, but now she will have to deal with him making accusations that her family is nothing but a fake. ”Yes, I know I have to deal with him after the announcement. But if he does not shut up after that, then I will have to remove his title until he learns. Now, when did you figure all this out?” Celestia turned to face Twilight and Luna one hoof raised in the air almost questioningly.

“Well, we decided this last night when you fell asleep and –“ Twilight's answer was lost due to a guard's timely interruption.

“Princesses, you have visitors wishing to see you. They are saying that you called them here, is this true or do you want us to turn them away?’ the guard asked, staring at them.

First to speak up, Twilight answered the guard's question, “Let them in to the castle, just give us five minutes and we will call them in to the room. For now, just put them on the outside of the room.”

After the guard left to get her friend’s she spoke up again, asking, “Are you both ready?”

Celestia replied simply, “No.”

“Maybe,” came from her daughter.

“Well, at least I have one pony almost ready. Actually, I thought it would be you honey, but it is better for it to be our daughter.” Twilight chided her wife, trying to get her to catch on to what she had said and it worked.

“Hey, I am more ready than her!” Celestia shot back.

“I know you are, I just wanted to hear it. Now I will get my friends.” Twilight chuckled, turning to get her friends.

When she came back, she had five ponies and one dragon in tow, and they sat across the table from the three Princesses.

Celestia spoke first, “Well first since you are all here, let’s talk about your lives-“

Twilight cut her off, “Love, quit stalling-”

Twilight was then rudely interrupted by her friends' exclamation, “Did you just say LOVE?” Rarity looked like she was about to pass out from shock. Fluttershy tried hiding behind her mane and shrunk back a bit in her chair.

Silence reigned for a few minutes while the ponies calmed down a bit. Twilight spoke up again, trying to continue her explanation, “Yes. I did just call her love, what else would I call my wife-“

She was cut off again by her friends, “WIFE? What the heck Twi, when did you marry the Princess-“

They were then cut off by a blue aura over their mouths, and Luna then ordered, “You will not speak to my mothers that way, you got that?” While loud, her tone of voice brokered no arguments, and she was trying not to yell.

After a few minutes, Luna removed her magic, and no one spoke. It seems Twilight's friends were dumbfounded by the info they just got. Then Twilight admitted, “I think this was a bad idea after all-“

Once more, Twilight was interrupted, “What does Luna mean by MOTHERS? I thought she was Princess Celestia’s sister?” Rarity asked, trying to make sense of the situation.

“Well that is our fault, we sealed her memories away 1,000 years ago-“ Spike cut her off this time.

“What do you mean '1,000 years ago,' you weren’t even alive back then!” asked Spike his confusion mirroring the other five at the table.

“That is another secret. I am actually 1,244 years old, all be cause my lovely wife uses an ageing spell on me. The last 1,223 years I've been keeping it a secret about how old I am. Well, that and the fact that Luna is our daughter. The reason I did not go running to her when she was free was because you guys were there, and I had to keep the secret safe. The reason Celestia knows you six will be with me, and well, it had to say hidden until I could become an alicorn. We needed you guys to help us free her, but we had no way to free her without me becoming an alicorn. Then, Celestia sensed the elements in you and the only way, other than an alicorn, is through friendship. She knew I had to be the Element of Magic because she needed it need to be me, and that would cleanse her of the evil with friendship, and a mother’s compassion-“ Once again, Twilight was cut off in her explanation.

Rainbow Dash interjected loudly. “But then she-” Rainbow pointed a hoof at Celestia. “Could have done it, since she is her other mother.”

“No, I could not. It has to be the birth mother’s compassion to do it, since it is stronger than anything else, because they have a stronger connection between mother and foal, it has more power.” Celestia chimed in with her explanation.

“As I was saying before I was interrupted, we had a mother's compassion for her foal, aka me, all I had to do is make friends with you. To be honest, I really did not like the ponies here, and I thought you would be just like them. You surprised me when you weren't, you are actually much better than them.” Twilight finally finished her explanation, and looked at her friends gratefully.

The six across the table shared a confused look. Spike and Applejack then asked, “Then why was this so secret?”

“Because if you know I was the mother of that monster, that possessed my daughter you would not have helped me and-” She was cut off again before her explanation could spiral out of control.

Raising a hoof, Applejack interrupted her and simply asked, “Why would you think that, sugarcube?”

Twilight wilted even more, before explaining, “Because after we sealed her away 1003 years ago, we were bombarded by citizens asking why she was born. They said we should have killed her, but we could not do that to her! She is our daughter, why would you ask a mother to kill their own foal?” answered Twilight, seeming almost ready to burst out crying.

Luna moved close to Twilight, to comfort her mother and Celestia continued where her wife left off, “After a while, she and I decided that we should erase any memory of our daughter, from our subjects and from history. We replaced them with my sister in only one book, and it is the one Twilight found and showed you. One part she did not tell you was that she was the one that wrote it, and throughout history Twilight's true identity was hidden, as many other ponies and they were always my student.”

And with that, their explanation was done. Twilight was crying her eyes out and Luna was trying her best to comfort her, which was working a little. Celestia then politely asked Twilight's friends to leave, so she and Luna could comfort Twilight, and stated that they had rooms prepared for them
.

They left, and the family was not seen until the next day.