• Published 8th Jun 2013
  • 6,697 Views, 68 Comments

The New Life with Lies - BrightKnight 42



There has been a secret Within the royal family for many years and only two know it

  • ...
27
 68
 6,697

Marked for Life

The New Life with Lies
By: BrightKnight 42
Edited By: ultra1437

Chapter 10: Marked for Life

It has been a couple of days since Twilight and Celestia told Cadence and Shining Armor about the spells that they were looking for. In that time, some of Twilight's friends went back to Ponyville, to deal with some of their businesses, but they said they will be back and that left Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Spike at the castle.

Spike was still hiding from Twilight, only to come out to ask her questions about why she lied to him about everything, and to tell her that she could have trusted him with the secrets that she was hiding from everypony.

Twilight was sitting in the royal gardens, reading and being pestered by Rainbow Dash. Meanwhile, Celestia dealt with more nobles in her day court. Luna was in her room, sleeping.

“Please Twi.” Rainbow begged Twilight petulantly.

“No.” Twilight blunt reply shot back, again.

“Come on Twi, this might be my only chance!” Rainbow whined like a foal.

“My answer is still no, Dash.” Twilight shot back, slowly getting more irritated with the pegasus.

“But why not? You’re a princess, and Princess Celestia’s equal and wife. Both you and her share the same power and rule for pony’s sake.” Rainbow groaned childishly.

“You are correct on that part, but the answer is still no. I will not jeopardize my marriage with Celestia, just so you can get into the Wonderbolts. That, and ponies will think that am just doing it for a friend and getting you in. Even then, Celestia doesn’t control who gets on the team, she only controls the military part of the Wonderbolts. ” She leveled a glare at Dash before continuing, “So, even if I get you in you won’t be a true Wonderbolt, you would just become a guard for both Celestia and myself. Then, once you are on the guard, you have an even smaller chance of getting in.” Twilight's explanation then turned praiseworthy. “Therefore, my only recommendation is to finish with the Wonderbolt Academy, and get in that way. Besides, knowing you, you'll be one of the few that actually do get in.”

After Twilight explained why she could not get Rainbow into the Wonderbolts with without finishing at the academy, she just sat there staring at her and at that moment, Fluttershy came out of the castle, into the gardens and joined them, sitting down next to Rainbow.

“Oh! Um... hello, Princess Sparkle," Fluttershy quietly spoke, trying not to hide behind her mane to be respectful.

“'Shy, please don’t call me Princess Sparkle. I have enough trouble getting the guards not to call me that now, and back then, it was even harder. But you’re my friend, you have earned the right to call me by first name,” Twilight offered to Fluttershy, looking at her friend.

"Um... ok Twilight, and how has your day been? If you don't mind me asking," timidly asked Fluttershy.

"My day was fine, but I wish I was by Celestia's side right now, helping her deal with the nobles. She told me that she would like to do it by herself, though, but enough about me. How has your day gone?" Twilight inquired of the timid pegasus.

Twilight then shot another glare at Dash, keeping her from asking about the Wonderbolts, yet again.

"Um... it was fine, but... um, I do have a question... and it's about... Luna." Fluttershy stated, trying to hide behind her mane after losing all of her courage that she had mustered up.

As soon as Twilight heard her daughter's name, she looked at Fluttershy with questioning eyes and asked. "What would you like to know about her?"

"Well… um it has to deal with how Luna really became Nightmare Moon,” Fluttershy elaborated softly.

As soon as Twilight heard that question, she looked up at Lunar Tower, where her daughter was sleeping and then back at Fluttershy, with a downtrodden look. She softly spoke, “You really want to know what happen to her.” After a second, she got a nod from Fluttershy and Rainbow. “Well, before I can tell you that, I have tell you the story of how she got her cutie mark.”

“Why do we have to know about how she got her cutie mark Twi?” Rainbow asked inquisitively.

"Because it has something to do with her becoming Nightmare Moon," came Twilight's cryptic reply.


1218 years ago

Twilight was walking with Luna and her sister, Star, to their favorite spot just on the outskirts of the Everfree Forest. Star asked, "So why could Celestia not come on our outing?"

Twilight thought for a moment before answering, "She said that she had something to deal with. Something about the nobles, and Cadence came today with Sombra out of blue, without telling us. She normally tells us if she is visiting, but she came back crying and she kept her son on her back, not letting him go anywhere,"

"Yeah! Even Aunt Cady wouldn't let me to go near cus' Sombra and she loves to see us playing together." Luna added, jumping off her mother's back and onto her aunt's.

"Now Lulu, remember the promise that you made me, you know that aunt Star can't have fillies jumping on and off her back like you can do with me and your mother." Twilight scolded her daughter gently.

"Now Twilight, I am not as old as mom yet, but I know I can handle one filly on my back," interjected Star, hoping to lighten the mood some.

"I know Star, but I'm trying to break her habit of doing that, because she is getting a little too old to be jumping back to back and -" Twilight was cut off with a squeal from Luna.

"Mommy, Aunt Star! Look! We're here!" Luna exclaimed, jumping off of Star's back and running into an open field with a loon tree in the middle.

"It looks like we're here. Come on Twilight, let's get set up." Star added, trotting to catch up to her niece.


(Hours later)

"... So Twilight, how long until night?" Star asked simply.

"Just a couple of minutes. I think this Is going to make Luna so happy. She has been asking me to do it for awhile now." Twilight's reply came as she spotted Luna a short distance away.

Just as Twilight finished talking, Luna came running up to her and hugged her. "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy! Can I raise the moon tonight? Pleaseeeeeee..." her pleading was stopped by her mother covering her mouth gently with a hoof.

"Lulu, remember what we talked about, doing that. But yes, I talked to your mother and she said that I can let you raise the moon tonight," Twilight added softly, hugging Luna a little while more.

"Yaaaaay! What do I do? What do I do?" excitedly asked Luna as she squirmed to get free after a few minutes.

"What you are going to do is touch my horn, and then we will both pour our magic into our horns to touch the moon, ok sweetheart?" Twilight explained to the filly.

"Ok Mommy," answered Luna, touching her horn with her mother's. She felt her mother's magic grip hers, and then she felt their combined magic touch the moon's cool surface. "Now Luna, all you need to do is simply just push up with your magic," Twilight of commanded her daughter sagely. Luna did as her mother asked, but what she did not know, was her mother let go of her magical grip. Twilight was scared to death of what she had seen.

Star noticed her sister jump. She backed a small distance away and quietly asked, "Twilight, are you ok? It looks like you just saw a ghost."

“Yeah mommy, what happened why are you scared?” asked Luna innocently.

Twilight just sat there for a minute before cryptically replying, “I just saw something that I was not expecting. And no, I will not tell you, Lulu. This is something that your mother would know how to decipher.”

“Ok mommy. Do you want to go back home now?” Luna accepted her mother's explanation easily enough.

“Yes, just give me a second to pull the stars out,” answered Twilight, lighting her horn once more.

After the stars were pulled out, they started to walk back, but something caught her eye. Twilight turned around completely and spoke to Luna softly, “Hey Luna have you noticed something different?”

“No Mommy, what are you ta-“ she was interrupted by her mother pointing at her flank.

“My cutie mark!” she squealed loudly and just jumped up and down in place chanting, “Yes!”

Author's Note:

I took me a little bit more time to finish this than I wanted and the entire time I was just sitting there to think of the sentences and paragraphs and I finished it right before I go back to school so now I will have less time to write chapters