• Published 7th Jun 2013
  • 510 Views, 7 Comments

The Final Solution - Primary213



Why? Why couldn't I have stopped this from happening?

  • ...
6
 7
 510

The Rainbow Factory

"When you last stood before us in court, you testified as not guilty. You wish to change this statement?" A judge had declared to me and the rest of the ponies in the room.

"Yes, my client now wishes to testify as guilty on all the charges." My lawyer had replied as the jury looked around in shock. There was slight mumbling between them.

"On what grounds does your client prove to alter his testimony?" The judge questioned. My lawyer looked to me and I stood up in complete shame. The whole court was watching me for my next move.

"Your honor, it is simply because I have ponies blood on my hooves. I have killed thousands, not directly, but indirectly. Still, I cannot be exempt from any charge because of this. I just want the jury to know I tried to stop this from happening. The Final Solution was not in my intentions. I tried to stop it from happening, but it was too late." I said solemnly to the courtroom. There were whispers all over the room of what accusations I had just said. The judge looked at the jury, then to me again.

"The jury will take this into consideration, but for now. We will take a 45 minute recess." He said as he banged the gavel on the podium. When I left the room followed by other guards, I sat down next to my lawyer to hear him talk. He was ranting on about what I should do. I zoned him out and just focused on....there.

------------------------

"Doctor Baxter! We have amazing results! Come quick!" One pony had yelled to me. He was in a white lab coat and so was I. The sound of gears and mechanism was surrounding us and there was little light inside.

"Yes, calm down, what is it you need to show me?" I asked as I looked over some of the other engineer ponies building another section of the factory. He showed me a paper with statistics that were absolutely staggering.

"As you can see here, this new section of the factory will make production go up two times more than the original factory alone! We will be producing twice as much rainbows as we ever thought possible!" He said to me. I was shocked, yet proud that this factory was going to be more efficient. I looked over to him and smiled as I put on a construction hat.

"Come with me. The boss wants to see us." I told him. We both went to her office and waited until she came back. Her office had a window overlooking the whole factory. There were pegasus always working around the clock. Then, the door behind us opened and she came in. We both took off our helmets as she walked in and sat at her chair.

"So talk to me boys, how is the new part of the factory coming along?" She said as she looked over the paper my colleague had shown me. I took a step forward and started to explain the new section of the factory.

"Well Ms. Dash, with the new part of the factory to be completed by the end of this week, we will have double the amounts of rainbows being produced and higher efficiency in both energy and we can even keep moderate climate control throughout Cloudsdale like you asked." I replied to her. I was proud of our findings and she was still reading through the paper of statistics. She put it down and smiled.

"Well, it seems you ponies have things under control. With this new part of the factory, we can now keep constant climate control and alter the weather in all of Cloudsdale. This is perfect, now we can present this to the Pegasus High Command and I feel they will be more than pleased, don't you agree gentlecolts?" She replied. We both shook our heads and put our hats back on.

"We must go now Rainbow. We will report to you with updates on the factory." The other Doctor had said to her. She turned her chair to overlook the factory and she raised her hoof to signal us to leave. We left and I went over to the ground level of the factory. There were other Doctors and Engineers running around to keep this beast of a factory under control. I was actually proud at the time to see such a well working factory. Two days from then, the new section of the factory was fully operational and we had just received our first shipment of "materials" needed to run the factory and produce the rainbows. Except this time we were to use the new part of the factory which was the climate control section.

"Ok now it seems that our shipment has arrived, let us adjourn to the balcony on deck C to have a clear view of the machine." I had said to Rainbow Dash and some other ponies from the Pegasus High Command. We went to an elevator and I pressed deck C. We could see out of the elevator and the twin doors where "visitors" opened and ten ponies came in and were huddled close together by five guards. I watched them in absolute horror. They had no idea what was happening. I just watched as their hope was to be snuffed out like a flame without oxygen. As we arrived there was a ding and the doors behind us opened. I let Dash and the rest out. When we arrived at the balcony, the ten ponies were still down there yelling and pushing at the guards.

"Now, witness the efficiency of the new section of the Rainbow Factory." I proudly said to the three ponies watching it happen with me. They were decorated with millions of medals from the Royal Guard. They had officer hats on and army uniforms. They were in a dark blue collared shirts. I looked down at one of the guards that was looking back at me. I nodded to him and he saluted to me and turned around. The guards rounded up the ten and pushed them into a chamber. The two iron doors leading to the outside of the chamber were closed and locked by the guards. They turned and looked up to me. I looked over at the three and stood proud of my invention in front of them. "Now you will witness the new and improved Rainbow Factory. Ms. Dash will you please pull the lever to your left?" I arrogantly said to them. Rainbow looked to her left and grabbed the lever with one hoof and pulled it. There was a hissing noise from the device and the sound of gears clunking. There was a loud boom from the machine. There was a red light from the chamber where the ponies were in. The screams coming from the chamber were replaced with popping from the hellish fire within. The machine started shooting out clouds and small rainbows at a steady pace.

"As you can see, the machine scans the weather in the immediate area and distributes clouds and rainbows accordingly. Thus, keeping steady and ample weather condition for all of Cloudsdale. If you need the paper containing the statistics, it is right here." Rainbow had said to the three. She handed them a folder that contained graphs, calculations, etc. they were flipping through the pages. At that moment I looked into the windows where the ten ponies were. I could see a small red glow coming from the inside of the chamber. I started staring closely at it and I started actually thinking about those ten ponies.

---------------------------

"Doctor! Come on! We have to enter the courtroom again!" My lawyer was yelling to me. I shook my head and looked up at him. I slowly got up and walked inside the courtroom. I could feel all the other ponies eyes beating down on me. I took a seat at the front of the courtroom.

"Now, the jury has a verdict for you." The judge had said to me. I looked up over at him. My lawyer and I stood up to hear the verdict. "How do you find the defendant?" The judge asked the jury. One of them looked at a paper and cleared his throat.

"We find the defendant guilty on account of acts against ponykind and ponyslaughter." The Colt replied to the courtroom. The judge looked back at me.

"You are sentenced to 5 years in maximum security prison without the chance of parole. You must also report to 72 hours of rehabilitation for insanity every week." The judge declared as his gavel hit the podium and the bailiff put cuffs around my hooves and escorted me to the back of the court where the holding cell was. I just blankly looked to the floor and couldn't stop thinking of there. It was scared into all the ponies minds it effected. They sat me down at the cell and locked the door. I kept staring at the ground and slowly let out a sigh.

"I could've stopped it all. If I had more power I could've stopped this. I single handedly allowed genocide to take place and did." I slowly said to myself as I kept my eyes locked on the floor.