• Published 4th Jun 2013
  • 1,667 Views, 66 Comments

Celestia's Oldest Friend - midashguy

  • ...
7
 66
 1,667

Longest train ride ever

Will leaned against the side of the train car's wall. The car was empty, a precaution the princesses put in motion, probably so Will wouldn't cause some kind of panic. Few knew of his true existence, and he preferred to keep it that way.

For now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




As Twilight approached the train station, she noticed many ponies glancing in her direction. Some we're even staring, others we're whispering to one another.

I suppose they wouldn't expect a princess to just be walking around Canterlot alone.

When she entered the reserved train car, she noticed the tall biped she was to be traveling with, his back to the one wall. He had his eyes shut, but didn't appear to be sleeping. He just seemed to be standing there.

"Ah Ms. Sparkle, I was wondering if you would ever get here." He said with a sly grin.

"Will! Good to see you...I think. How did you know I was here?"

"Eh, a great magician never reveals his secrets." Twilight rolled her eyes.

"So, I have a BUNCH of questions to ask you, and I didn't get to really ask you any of them last time we met." Twilight asked as the train began to roll into motion.

"Oh dear... what exactly have I gotten myself into this time." Will mumbled to himself.

"So, first question, How did you acquire that blue phoenix feather?"

Will looked up, reminiscing. "That's a story for another time, lets just say it was a gift from Starswirl the Bearded."

"You KNEW Starswirl the Bearded?!?!" Twilight shouted, excited that someone who knew her idol might have a chance to shed some light on his history.

"I was afraid of this." Will said, face palming. "We're moving off track, what's the next question?"

"Oh, yea, of course, second question. Where are you from, exactly?"

"I'm from a place that's so far away, I will never see it again. My home, my family. Never again will I see the place where I truly belong." Will said, sadness in his voice. He let out a big sigh. "In this world, I. Am. Alone."
A single tear crawled down Twilight's cheek.

"Sorry... I didn't want to bring up bad memories..."

"Its fine. Moving on! I do think that its time for the next question!" Will stated, hoping to change the subject.

"Oh yes! Third question, why do you serve the princess?"

"Because, Miss Sparkle, I have nothing better to do. Absolutely nothing."

"Errr ok? What does that mean?"

"Twilight, after a certain length of time, I have done most of the things on my bucket list."

"What's a bucket list?" Twilight asked, noting that Will had used her first name for the first time.

"It's a list of thing you want to do before you die, I've done them all and due to that fact I still have this feather, I am not dying anytime in the near future. In a word, I am bored."

"Huh. Guess somepony needs a hobby." Twilight muttered

"Ok, first, I'm not a pony, second I DO have a hobby. I do favors for the princess." Will retorted.

"Moving on again... next question."

"How many questions do you have?" Will asked.

"Lets see..." Twilight responded, squinting at the scroll in front of her. "What number comes after Trillion?"

"For the love of all that is holy." Will exclaimed as he face palmed hard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three hours later.

Nine Quadrillion questions later, and Will believed every possible question in the history of the multiverse was asked at some point on that train. The questions started getting ridiculous after a few hundred, such as "What color is your liver?"

Will really was beginning to believe that mare was crazy...

"FINALLY WE'RE HERE!" He yelled, With a flash, he had transformed and flew out the window, leaving a speechless Twilight behind.

As she stepped off the train she noticed Will/Philomena soaring above Ponyville train station. She also noted that many ponies we're looking up at the fire bird as it did tricks.

So much for not attracting attention. Still, its nice not to be the focus of everyone's attention for once.

After a moment, Philomena landed on Twilight's head. Twilight wasn't entirely happy about this.

"Will you get off my head?" Twilight muttered, Philomena either didn't hear her, or didn't care. (Probably a combination of both.)

The unlikely group headed towards the library, Twilight muttering the entire way.

"You know that it would be nice if you could stop being so difficult to deal with all the time." Twilight said. Philomena didn't respond.

Finally they arrived at the tree house. Spike greeted them at the door. "Hey Twilight, nice you finally made it back, but why did you bring Philomena?" The baby dragon inquired.

"Because He...errr I mean she, is going to being staying with us for a while."

"Um, why?"

"It's hard to explain, but can you please get the rest of the girls together, but I have something to show them."

"Sure I guess..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Half an hour later.

Finally Spike arrived back at the library with the rest of the elements of harmony. Twilight stood there, while Philomena was perched on a nearby shelf.

"So Twilight, what have you brought us all here for?" Rarity asked.

"Yea, Spike didn't really say much bout it, just said you wanted to show us somthin?" Applejack said.

"Is it something cool?" Rainbow Dash asked.

Twilight took a deep breath. "Sort of. It would be best if Will explained it."

"Uh, who's this Will feller?" Applejack asked.

Twilight glanced over to Philomena and nodded. "Show them." The Phoenix fly to the center of the room, and with an orange flash of light, there stood the tall human. He smiled meekly.

"Um, hello?" He said sheepishly.

Suddenly the jaws of five mares and one dragon hit the floor.