• Published 4th Jun 2013
  • 1,667 Views, 66 Comments

Celestia's Oldest Friend - midashguy

  • ...
7
 66
 1,667

Of cake and musical numbers

Will walked along with the Elements of Harmony and Spike, the latter grumbling due to the fact he didn't trust this human. Will was whistling a tune, he was having difficulty doing this because he was trying not to smile. Every pony in town had shut themselves up inside their houses. Will briefly wondered if coming to Ponyville was as good an idea as he had thought earlier.

"So Will, on the train you said you travelled quite a bit, where did you go?" Twilight asked him, breaking into his line of thought.

"Around the world." Will said, a silly grin on his face. "I've always wanted to try this."


"Around the world. Around the world. Around the world." Will repeated, as he began to dance.

Pinkie Pie was the second to join in the dancing, followed quickly by Rainbow Dash, though Rainbow had no idea what exactly was going on. The entire time Will was singing in a strange voice that wasn't his own, but seemed to fit the song fairly well. Soon, the rest of the Elements began to dance, leaving Spike very confused.

The group continued down the street, dance/walking the entire way. To an average passerby, this would seem quite ridiculous, to somepony who lives in Ponyville however, this is known as a Wednesday. Eventually the music began to die down, and the group walked to Sugarcube Corner. When they got there, Pinkie Pie bounced ahead, into the building.

"Mr. and Mrs. Cake! I brought my friends! And a new one too! He's funny!" Pinkie Pie said, as the rest of the group made their way inside.

"Oh, how nice dear. Glad to welcome you to Ponyville, how long will you be-..." The words died in Mrs. Cake's mouth when she saw Will.

"What is it honey?" Mr. Cake said, stepping into the room. "What's the-...matter."

"Pinkie Pie, just one question. What is THAT?" Mrs. Cake asked.

"Will, at your service." he said, bowing.

"Oh my, What a gentlecolt." Rarity said, Impressed by his manners. Will rolled his eyes.

"Now then, everypony get whatever you like, I'm paying." Will said, pulling out his bag of bits.

"I'll have a strawberry cupcake." Twilight said.

"I'll have one too!" Pinkie Pie agreed.

"I'll have ah me ah apple pie slice." Applejack announced.

"I believe I would like a chocolate éclair." Rarity stated.

"Uhhh, can I get a cupcake?" Rainbow Dash said.

"C-can I get a slice of angel cake?" Fluttershy asked meekly.

"Do you have any gem cupcakes?" Spike inquired.

"Emerald, ruby, and topaz." Mrs. Cake listed.

"Hmm, I'll get the ruby." Spike decided.

"And I'll get a whole chocolate cake with chocolate frosting." Will said.

"Umm...What? How could you possibly eat all that cake?" Twilight asked skeptically.

"You have no idea how many calories switching forms burns up." Will said, heaving a big sigh. "And I haven't eaten much else today."

"Well, we'll get your order out to you as soon as possible." Mrs. Cake said.

The group found a table, with Will awkwardly sitting in a chair not designed for a being of his size.

"So...um...Will? Why you in Ponyville anyways? Don'tcha usually travel with the princess in...bird shape or somthin'?" Applejack said.

"Not right now, I'm on vacation." Will responded. And what a vacation its been so far.

"But why choose Ponyville?" Rarity asked.

"Why not? I'm in Canterlot too much. I need a break from the big city. My usual day is often more than a little hectic."

"How so?" Rarity wondered.

"I am Celestia's personal messenger, and I do a lot of deliveries, mostly to foreign ambassadors and dignitaries. And the occasionally grumpy Canterlot archivist."

"So you've met Note Book, huh?" Twilight said.

"Yea, yea I know her." Will said, massaging his temples.

"Your order is finished." Mrs. Cake declared, pushing two metal carts of pastries to their table.

"That is one big cake..." Applejack said, in awe.

"Yes. Yes it is. With chocolate sprinkles, and layers. And I intend to eat every last bite." Will said, rubbing his hands together, eyes on the cake.

The ponies and Spike watched in fascination as the human consumed an entire chocolate cake that was almost as big as he was. With a little fork. In under five minutes.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<(@)>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The pony wore a hooded robe that hid it's face and most of it's body, including, most importantly, it's Cutie Mark. It kept out of sight so as not too arouse suspicion, and hurried out of town towards the Everfree Forest. Once arriving there, it found the shack they knew all too well, right on the northern edge of the forest.

It made their way to the door, and knocked.

Rap-rap-tap-tap-rap

The door opened slightly. All the pony could see was one bleary eye poking out of the shadows from house.

"Is it you?" The pony inside the house asked.

"Yes." The hooded one responded.

"Why are you here?"

"We have found him."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<(@)>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"That cake was delicious." Will said contentedly, licking his fingers.

"I'm sure it was," Twilight grumbled. "So what is next on your list of things to do?"

"Number four, race: Rainbow Dash." Will responded.

"Wait, number four? We've only did one!" Twilight said.

"Nope, three. One: freak out your friends, Two: random musical number, Three: eat more cake then humanly possible." Will said with a stupid grin, rubbing his stomach.

Twilight resisted the urge to facehoof.

"So Rainbow, are you ready to race?" Will inquired.

"You bet!" Rainbow replied.

"Ok lets find a nice field to start off in." Will answered.

Soon they found a nice area of soft grass outside of town.

"Ok, first one to Canterlot and back wins - Twilight, your the ref." Will said.

"All the way to Canterlot? Are you nuts?" Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

"What? Think you can't handle it?" Will said mockingly.

"Oh, it is ON! Let's DO this!" Rainbow Dash yelled.