• Published 4th Jul 2013
  • 2,767 Views, 81 Comments

Colgate Takes Acid - Scott Grimm



Colgate Takes Acid... And totally looses her FREAKING MIND!

  • ...
5
 81
 2,767

WEE - Part 9

Octavia sat there, plainly, looking at the phone.

*did i do the right thing?* she questioned. *What's to happen to me? To us?* She shuddered at the thought. Pausing for a moment she reaffirmed her actions as she looked up at Quake who had a solemn look upon his face.

"You did well." He exclaimed. A smirk arrived on his face.

"I feel dirty. Like I betrayed my friends." Octavia sunk her head back down to the hard wood floor beneath.

"Why? There's no reason to feel the way you do." Quake retorted back at her. "In fact, i'm rather proud that you followed through with it. It takes guts, real courage to do what you did. And you showed that, with flying colors!" Quake streaked his hoof across the sky, painting an imaginary rainbow.

Octavia could only bashfully sigh. "I know. What you say is true. And I believe it. But, it's difficult. I tought-" Octavia took a pause before lifting her head up to meet Quakes gaze, "I thought I could handle this on my own. Take charge, and sweep it under the rug, ya know?" Octavia sighed for a pause, "It's just so- so frustrating. Here I am, a mare. Of order, of sophistication, elegance incarnate. And my marefriend just had to go and muff the whole damned thing!" Octavia exclaimed as she thrust her hoof into the air, and her body back into the chair. She lazily let her hoof drop down by her side as she regained her composure. "its just difficult."

Quake sat there, looking upon Octavia in her strained state. "Yeah, I know I wouldn't want to be in your position right now." He chuckled out.

"Gee, thanks. That makes this situation all the more pleasurable." Octavia said as she swirled her hoof into the air. Not to make trace anything, just to exude her frustration.

"Now now," Quake interjected. "What you did took guts. Real courage. Now, I'm positive, to my bones, that what you did tonight will fix things for the long haul. I mean, how often is one presented with the difficult position of turning oneself in? Even more so, admit their guilt. You're getting locked up darling. Yet, here you are. Still worrying about your friends, not about what's to come of you. That, that's remarkable."

Octavia strained out a laugh. "I suppose you're right-" Octavia gathered herself up into an upright position. "still, what I wouldn't give for five minutes alone with those two. Especially Vinyl..." Octavia muttered the last bit out, glaring out the window.

"I'm sure" Quake followed up with, just allowing Octavia to vent out her frustrations.

A solemn pause overtook the room as Octavia continued to glare out the window, almost as if she was searching for her friends.

"Hey-" Octavia started up, as she obstructed her view from the window back to Quake. "do you think it's possible I can trouble you for a cup of coffee?" She asked bashfully.

Taken back, Quake hesitated for a moment before slouching himself back down. "Why not at all. I'll ask the misses to put a fresh pot on." He said with a warm smile that gave Octavia every bit of ease she could desire.

****

"Can I freshen that cup up for ya sugar?" The hostess asked Vinyl who had been staring into an empty cup for the past couple of minutes.

"What? oh- y-yeah sure. Sorry." Vinyl replied as she snapped out of her daze only to go back to her slouched position. One hoof in cheek and both eyes into the abyss that was her drink.

"Something on your mind sugar?" The mare asked as she refilled Vinyl's empty cup.

"No. I mean yes, but- ahh you wouldn't understood." Vinyl muttered out.

"Well, try me." The hostess retorted back as she finished the last bit of pouring.

Vinyls head slammed against the counter top of the dinner. It took her a few moments, partnered with a long exasperated sigh before she raised her head back up to the inquisitive mare. Her eyes were a radiant blue, while her mane was unkempt. Apron stained with every color under the sun. Her fur was a brindle, a spectrum of black, brown, and white. No doubt she was reaching the end of her shift.

I long exasperated inhale, quickly followed by an exhale left Vinyls nostrils.

"Okay, you wanna know? Well, sister lemme tell ya sister! I, was SUPPOSED to show my friend a good time for her birthday. A big to do right? So i thought, gee vinyl you dont wanna muff this up right? of course not. Ya know what makes for a fun time? Acid. Acid makes everything more fun. So what do I do? I slip a couple of small, meezly, insignificant hits into my friends drink-" Vinyl begun, squeezing both her hooves together to exclaim just how small the hits were. "And you know what? For a while there, she WAS fun! By golly, she was the funnest mare you've ever seen. Gawking it up with everypony, loving life and having a grand old time. And then everything, and sister when i say everything, i mean every-thing, went wrong. She became belligerent. Uncontrollable. And I mean Uncontrollable. She was over the top, bananas, in every sense of the word, bananas. Then, oho you'll love this part-"Vinyl gave an air shoulder nudge to the hostess, "my marefriend, whom of which I PERSONALLY reassured that everything would be handled, shows up at thee absolute worst time!" Vinyl poured out the words with such a veracity that the hostess had already begun regretting her interest. "You think that's it?!" Vinyl questioned, as she leaned forward, grabbing the hostess by her stained apron. "That's not the least of it. My Marefriend is to the point of breaking up with me. My friend is reciting movie quotes while under the influence. I can only imagine how mad they're gonna be at me when they're finally sober." Vinyl took a pause before continuing. Pulling on the strap of apron she had grabbed, she pulled the hostess closer to her. Leaning her face in, closer as well. "And you wanna know the worst part is? What really gets my goat?" Vinyl asked.

The hostess, with her head tilted as far back as ones anatomy would permit, nodded reluctantly.

"I'm a wanted criminal." She deadpanned, releasing her deathgrip on the hostess. "So there, that's how i'm doing. Thanks for asking."

The Hostess finished filling up the cup of coffee before scurrying to the back of the kitchen, alarmed as Vinyl's behavior.

" How am I doing? Are you kidding me?" Vinyl exclaimed to nobody but herself. The diner was empty. Itwas an odd hour after all. She reached for some packets of sugar along with the cream container beside them and fixed her cup up.

Sugar, cream alike we added to the blackened water and stirred with a spoon with the aide of Vinyls unicorn magic.

Setting the spoon back down, she took a long sip, before setting the cup back down.

"Tonight's been a disaster... I damned disaster." She paused for a moment. "And I have no one to blame but myself..." She mopped, before laying her face on the counter.

"Hi there! Are you tired of paying premiums for apples? I know I am. You know folks, after a hard days work, I want to come home to a hefty batch of lovely apples. Thick, juicy, and ripe for the eating. I don't want to worry about the nuances of living after eight plus hours of hard labor. That's why I trust Applejack farms, the premier and number one rated in customer satisfaction when it comes to apples and apple deliveries of all kind. Be ya old, small, tall, young, or just plain dumb, you can rest assured that when it comes to Applejack acres, all your troubles will melt away." a familiar voice sounded off on the small TV screen within the diner.

The voice was so abrupt Vinyl had to choice but to look up and see what was playing on the tube.

"Son of a bitch..." Vinyl could only mutter out, astounded, as she saw her friend on the TV. Cowboy hat, leather chaps along with a fake country accent to boot. "How in the hell did she get on there." Vinyl questioned. "No wait... How in the hell did the have time to shoot this, and then put it to TV?! It's been ten flipping minutes since she burst out of the trash and ran off down the alley way!" Vinyl screamed as she slammed her hooves against the counter top, rattling her newly topped off coffee.

The white mare took a pause.

"Its fine, this is fine." She said to herself, trying to reaffirm the situation. A moment passed. "This is not fine! How in the hell was she cast so quickly!? No, not that. Why would they allow someone, clearly not in the right mindset- no wait I take that back. They do that sort of thing all the time. But why my Colgate?!" Vinyl cried out. "That's it, I'm putting an end to this night. To hell with this." The mare exclaimed as she threw a few bits onto the counter. Vinyl was many things, a good tipper being one of them. "I'm gonna make everything right. With Colgate, With the Bobber, with Octavia, I'm gonna set the whole thing straight." Vinyl got up from the diner stool. A new found passion evident in her eyes. She stomped towards the door, clearly driven on a new mission.

As she approached the diner door she could see a flicker of blue and red lights across the street from the corner. Not thinking twice, she made her way out the diner and into the street.

As she existed, she was blinded by a bright and warm, white light.

The mare immediately covered her eyes with both hooves. Squinting hard, trying to get an image of the situation, Vinyl peered through the light and saw what appeared to be multiple police cruisers that had parked themselves in front whilst she had been taking in a coffee.

"Vinyl Scratch," A loud borrowing voice called out over a microphone. "This is Canterlot Police. Surrender now, and this will all end quietly. The voice exclaimed.

Vinyl, still squinted, tried peering through her hooves to see just who was shining the light upon her. It was the Canterlot Police Department. They had her, and the entire diner, cornered.

Vinyl grunted from the light before starting up. "You got the wrong mare, Colgate is-"

"Vinyl. This is Octi-" A voice called over a microphone. Sweet, warm, and all too familiar. It was Octavia. "I had to put an end to tonight. It's, it's all gotten so out of hoof. Just accept it. They're here to help. Lay down. They'll take care of Colgate, and whatever will be, will be."

"Are you freaking kidding me?!" Vinyl cried to herself, eyes still being shielded from the light.

reluctantly, Vinyl took her hooves away from her eyes, raised them behind her head, and knelt down before the blinding light. Still unable to see properly, she head the sound of hooves running towards her, and eventually around her before she felt the icy sting of metal wrap around her hooves. Almost immediately as she became used to the cold that radiated from the hoovecuffs, she was grabbed and lifted up before being tossed in the back of a squad car where her marefriend sat waiting.

Octavia didn't say a word as Vinyl's eyes were still blinking, trying to focus.

"You narked?!" Vinyl said, still unable to see. She fidgeted a bit, trying to get somewhat comfortable.

"I didnt 'nark' as you so put it." Octavia harshly retorted. "What, you think they don't know who you and I are?"

"No, clearly not." Vinyl hissed back.

"Well, they did." Octavia slammed back with a stern tone. "Look-" Octavia started off "I know. Things tonight, they haven't exactly gone to plan. Your plan at least, but still not as planned. I want what's best. Not just for Colgate, but for us. You had to turn yourself in you know that." Octavia took a moment to gather herself. "And, you know as well as I do, that you'd never turn yourself in... That;s why, I did it for you. These policemares are here to help. You know that, I know that. Everypony knows that. You just have to accept it."

"You sold us out... Why, just why couldn't you have just the littlest amount of faith in me?! Just one ounce?! I told you, I had you when you asked me to take care of Colgate. And yeah, things got out of hand, but i was on it! And you sold not just me, but yourself out... so now here we are. Way to go" Vinyl lashed out as Octavia before finally slouching back down onto the leather seating of the squad car they were sharing.

Octavia was about to lash out with the the same veracity as Vinyl. before she saw the dew that had formed in her eyes. Biting her tongue, Octavia slouched back into her corner of the squad car, looking down at her feet.

"I only did what I thought was best..." Octavia mumbled. Vinyl didn't hear a word.

Author's Note:

It's finally here! Three years! Three whole god blessed years! How i've missed you all. For all that haven't read my story, welcome! I hope you enjoy the silliness that I've created.


I left the MLP fandom a while ago, but I still enjoy writing, especially when I can be let loose and not restrict myself in anyway, So I've come back to tie up some loose ends. With that being said, welcome to Colgate Takes Acid! I hope you have as much fun reading it as I did writing it!