• Published 3rd Jun 2013
  • 659 Views, 25 Comments

Random Evil! - Sweetiebellema121



Apple Bloom and her Friends must escape from a cliche mansion filled with monsters.

  • ...
2
 25
 659

Real Estate problems! part 1

~Several days later~
(nowhere near 28.)

"Ok..." Police Chief mare said as she took in a deep breath. "You all know why you are here today am I correct?"

"Um...well..." The blue stallion known as Noteworthy said slowly as he turned to the other five ponies sitting beside and behind him. "...No...not really..."

"What?!!" The chief said in an alarmed tone.

"Yeah...nopony said anything to me ." Rumble, the light grey pegasus said with a frown. "I just thought somepony was being promoted or something."

"Clearly this little meeting was well thought out..." The pinto pony Pipsqueak placed a hoof to his face. "...since not single bloody one of us has any idea why we're here."

"Wait..."Truffle Shuffle the light grey(slightly plump) pony said slowly. "I thought this was a surprise birthday party...for me."Truffle reach up and took a small party hat from his head as the six other ponies stared at him. "You guys...did remember my birthday...right?"

The six ponies shifted their eyes away as they tried their best not to make eye contact with the pudgy pony.
"Oh...."Truffle said sadly as he dropped his head downward.

"Any...way..." Apple Bloom, the yellow coated, scarlet maned mare with a bow in her hair, said from the back of the room.

"Blossomforth..." The chief said in a hurt tone. "Why in Equestria didn't you relay the message I gave you to the others?"

"Waz that!" Blossomforth said quickly before yawning. "I'm sorry...whaddya say." The Pegasus mare stretched her forelegs out then began to scratch at her side. "I'm sorry miss I..."Blossomforth paused to yawn again before rubbing the sleep from her eyes. "...must've dozed off there."

"Blossomforth..." The chief said with a sigh. "You were suppose to give them that message...remember?"

"What was that Ma'am...?" The pegasus mare asked slowly.

"The message...Blossomforth..." The Chief said as she rubbed her temple.

"Message?" Blossomforth said as she place a hoof to her forehead. "Mess...age?"The mare said slowly to herself as if she was pondering what Chief was talking about.

"The message Blossomforth!!" The chief snarled. "Remember the one I gave you to give the others!"

"Oh no..." Blossomforth's eyes lit up. "I'm sorry miss..."The pegasus lowered her head slowly. "I was drinking all night with my friends...and I guess..." Blossomforth placed a hoof behind her head and chuckled nervously. "I might've forgotten..."

"That's ok Blossomforth..." The chief said with an annoyed sigh. "I'll just know next time not to trust you with any sort of important information."

"Thanks..." Blossomforth replied with a grimace. "...I think..."

"So what did you call us in for miss?" Rumble asked.

"Yes well...." The chief said as she cleared her throat. "Thanks to a certain pegasus..." The chief said as she glared at Blossomforth who smiled nervously as she sank into her chair. "...You won't have as much time to prepare for this but I'm afraid there's nothing I can do abou that..."

The chief took in a deep breath as she moved around her desk, (Yeah there in an office in the police station...where did you think they were? The moon?)

"As you all know...." The chief started. " ...Officer Derpy Hooves went missing a few nights ago..." she turned to the side and began pacing." We've been getting reports of strange..." She paused. "...well...things being seen in the Everfree Forest and we decided to send in Officer Hooves to lead the investigation and well...we haven't heard from her since..."

"And she was sent in alone because...." Pip said slowly.

"Since Officer Hooves disappearance..." The Chief continued (Completely ignoring Pip...). "More reports have been coming in...and there have been a few more disappearances as well..." The chief trailed off as she stopped in her tracks to turn to the ponies. "This morning Captain Dinky Hooves of the Celestia team; volunteered to lead her team in the investigation of these disappearances...but..." The chief sighed as she lowered her head. "...I'm afraid we lost contact with the team shortly into the investigation..."

Apple bloom nodded to herself slowly.
"It's not like Dinky to rush into danger like that...but I guess she couldn't help it..." Apple Bloom thought with a sigh. "...her mother goin' missin' and all...she must be worried sick...I just hope there ok."

"Is that our mission then?"Rumble asked; pulling Apple Bloom away from her thoughts. "Are we being sent in to discover the whereabouts of Team Celestia and the missing Officer?"

"No..." The chief said as she turned and began pacing again. "No...I sent in Team Cadence to investigate that..."

Apple Bloom's eyes lit up upon hearing 'Team Cadence'.
"Scootaloo...Sweetie Belle." Apple Bloom whispered to herself.

"Then..." Rumble said with a frown as he turned to the other ponies. "...why are we...."

"I'm afraid Team Cadence has gone missing as well..." The Chief said slowly.

"Then..." Pipsqueak said with narrowed eyes. "...our mission is to..."

"Yes..."The Chief said with a nod. "Team Luna will be leading this investigate in hopes of finding the missing Officers and...hopefully discover what is going on in the Everfree..."

"So let me get this straight..." Apple Bloom said as one of hooves shot out. "Derpy Hooves went missin'...the team sent to find her went missn' and the team sent to find the team that was sent to find the officer...went missin'..." Apple Bloom placed a hoof to her head. "...and now your sendin' us." Apple Bloom turned to her team. "Does anypony else see the flaw in this plan?"

"I do..." Pip grumbled.

"Now then...." The Chief continued (She clearly has selective hearing.). "We lost contact with the teams...."The chief walked over to a map. "About...here..." The Chief pointed to a small landmark in the center of the Everfree Forest. " The old abandoned Mansion..."

"Abandoned Mansion..." Apple Bloom said in a slightly surprised voice.

"Don't you remember? "Noteworthy said. "...it's the one that was built for the Rich family..."

"Rich family? who're you talkin' abou-..?" Apple Bloom paused. "Oh...I see you mean Billionaire Diamond Tiara's family..."
The mare lowered her head. "I'd forgotten about her...." Apple Bloom tilted her head. "but wait why was the building never finished?"

"There's several reasons...the building was adandoned..." Noteworthy said with a sigh. "After Mrs.Rich Accidently strangled herself while walking down a flight of stairs; the building designer, a zebra named Zecora...disappeared mysteriously."Noteworthy took in a deep breath . "Poor Mr.Rich was so distraught that he committed sucide...by stabbing himself seventy-four time in the back..." The blue stallion lowered his head."I still have the newspaper about the events. "Noteworthy pulled an old newspaper from his saddlebag; showing a small pink filly with tears dripping down her face and a wide grin plastered across her face. "The poor little filly and her adopted sister inherited the entire fortune..."

"Did we..." Apple grimaced as she looked the paper over. "...Ever follow up on this case or....?"

"Whaddya mean?" Noteworthy said in a puzzled voice.

"Never...mind." Apple Bloom said slowly.

"Now then..." The chief said slowly. " While the chopper is refueling..."

"Understood..." Rumble said with a nod as he stood up from his chair. "...Ok team lets go stock up...we don't know what's our there...so... Ma'am..."

"Yes." The chief said. "...deadly force is allowed."

"Oh cool!" Noteworthy said with a grin ."We get guns this time around!"

"Yes Officer..." The chief raised an eyebrow. "...that's what deadly force usually entails."

"Oh thank Celestia." Noteworthy said with a sigh of relief. "because...well..,trying to enforce the law with pies isn't exactly easy to do..."

"Your...safty...is our top priority." The chief said with a smile. "I mean...It's not like I'm purposely sending the teams to that location because I'm being paid to or anything."

"Wait..." Apple Bloom paused. "wha-?" Apple Bloom started but Truffle quickly jumped in front of her.

~~~

"Our Safty..." Truffle snorted as he shot up from his seat. "I don't know about any of you, but I have a plan to keep us safe and we wouldn't even have to leave the station..." Truffle turned to the others. "I say we nuke the site from orbit...It's the only way for us to b-..."

"Truffle..." Noteworthy said as he rolled his eyes. "..that's your solution to everything..." Noteworthy sighed as he shook his head slowly. "I mean seriously...how much of Equestria would actually be left if we went through with that plan every time you suggested it?"

Truffle opened his mouth to protest but quickly shut it and made his way to door; mumbling to himself as he passed the blue stallion.

"Alright team..." Rumble chucked as he place a hoof on Truffle's shouler. "Let's move out."

One by one the team of ponies shuffled through the door. They stocked up on weapons then headed for the heliport that was on top of the building.

"I Just want to wish you all good luck...We're all counting on you." The chief said with a smile as Team Luna boarded the bright rainbow-colored helicopter. "...because...well if you go missing I certainly won't have anypony left to send after you..."The chief mumbled under her breath.

"Did you say something chief?" Pip said with narrowed eyes.

"Nope...not a thing..." The chief smiled nervously as her eyes shifted side to side. "Just be safe out there that's all..."She paused for a second. "Oh and don't die!"

"I don't know about you blokes." Pip said dryly as the helicopter began to lift off. " but the chief's words certainly instilled a lot of confidence in me...."

"I know just what mean Pip." Rumble said a nod. "The chief has alot of faith in us...lets not disappoint her."

Pipsqueak's eye twitched as stared dumbfoundedly at the pegasus.
"Yo-you...can't be seriou-" Apple Bloom's hoof shot out stopping Pip mid-sentence.

"Just let it go Pip." Apple Bloom shook her head slowly. "Just let it go..."

Pip rolled his eyes,sighed then sat down.
"Idiots...the whole lot of 'em." Pip whispered to himself.

Apple Bloom chuckled to herself as she sat down behind Truffle. Her smile quickly faded however when her mind drifted to her two friends,Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. The three had been friends since they were fillies, they had grown up together, played together, bathed together and had even gotten their cutie marks together. The day the three had been accepted into the force was one of the happiest days of Apple Bloom's life; but it was also one of the worst days of her life as well. The three had been together for so long that when they had been separated into different teams it nearly broke Apple Bloom's heart.

Apple Bloom was assigned to Team Luna while the two closest friend's she'd ever known were assigned to Team Cadence. Since then the yellow mare had barely any time to catch up with her friends; and as much as she didn't want to admit it to herself; the three were slowly starting to drift apart. (Well...you know not so much Sweetie and Scootaloo because well there on the same team.) Team Cadence and Team Luna ran on different schedules, whenever Apple Bloom was leaving work, her friends were just arriving. The Scarlet haired mare had issued several form of transfer but each time she was denied as nopony wished to trade positions with the mare. (Because clearly Snips,Snail or Featherweight would rather be on a team with one mare instead of a team with three.).

"But now..." Apple Bloom lowered her eyes as images of her friends flashed before her. "There...missin'... Sweetie and Scoots are...out there and I'm not with'em..." Just the thought of her two friends missing made Apple Bloom's heart sink deeper into her chest.

"Stay safe guys..." Apple thought as she stared out the window. "...I'm on my way..."

~~~~~
The rhythmic rocking of the Helicopter was actually quite soothing. (Who knew a hungover pegasus was such a good pilot.) Had it not been for the constant chatter between Rumble and Truffle; Apple Bloom would have probably drifted off into a pleasent dream about her friends doing some cutie mark related crusade.

Apple bloom's eyes felt heavy and slowly began to close.
"So Rookie." Rumble said completely out of nowhere. "how does it feel to be on your first real mission?"

Apple Bloom blinked a few times as she lifted her tired head up.
"I'm sorry...what was that?...did...did you just call me a rooki-"

"Well yeah..." Rumble said with a grimace. "You and your two friends just joined the force...what was it...oh yeah...two weeks ago right?"

"What!" The mare's eyes widened. "Wait then who's the captai-"

"Captain Rumble!" Blossomforth called out from the pilot's seat. "We're getting close to that mansion thingy..."

"Alright...understood!" Rumble replied back.

"Wait..." Apple Bloom put a hoof to her chin. "Your the Captain...Rumble."

"Y-yes..." Rumble said slowly. "I'm the Captain...I've been the Captain of this team for awhile now..." The pegasus placed a hoof on Apple Bloom's shoulder. "Are you feeling ok...Apple Bloom? I'm not over working you or anything am I?"

"I'm fine." Apple Bloom said as she pushed Rumble's hoof away. "I just don't get it."

"What do you mean?" Rumble asked.

"It's just..." Apple Bloom said. "The story description says that I lea-."

"Apple Bloom..." A stern motherly voice called from the back of the helicopter. "You know your not suppose to mention the story silly."

Apple Bloom and the other ponies turned towards the voice (This of course included Blossomforth...you know... the pony piloting the helicopter... isn't it amazing this team is still alive.). To Team Luna's surprise a pink mare was sitting alone in one of the seats in the back.

"Pin-...Pinkie Pie?" Apple Bloom tilted her head. "What are you...doin' her-"

"You were about to break the fourth wall.I had to come." The pink mare giggled to herself..

"Fourth...wall..." Apple grimaced. "what're you talkin abou-"

"Whoops! Would you look at the time." Pinkie Pie lifted up her right foreleg, tilted it, then stared at it for a second before jumping from her seat. "I have to go." The pink mare walked over to the side door and opened it. "Bye guys!!" Pinkie smiled to the team then leapt through the door.

The six ponys watched as the pink pony disappeared from into the darkness of the forest below.
"Huh....well..." Rumble said as he turned to Apple Bloom. "Now what were you saying Apple Bloom?"

"Really!!" Pip shot up from his seat. "No seriously...are none of you going to comment on what jus-"

"Captain!!" Blossomforth called out.

"Yes what is it Blossomforth?" Rumble replied.

"We're here sir..."

"Alright good." Rumble stood up."Ok team suit up..."

~~"NO!!!!!!"

"No! No! No!!! Don't you dare ignore me!!!!" Pip snarled."I'm still talking here." Pip jumped into the center of the helicopter. "...are none of you freaked out by what just happened with the pink mare!"

"I am but..." Apple Bloom said calmly. "...I think it's over already...no point fussin' over somethin' we have no control over."

"NO!" Pip said with a scowl. "It's not over till I say it's ove-"

~To be continued~

.

Author's Note:

had to split this chapter in half...

Hope you enjoyed the story if theres anything wrong or any mistakes please let me know