• Published 5th Jun 2013
  • 677 Views, 2 Comments

The Dragon and The Moon - Dragon-Heart



Exploring a tale behind Luna's transformation

  • ...
3
 2
 677

Chapter 7: Diplomacy and Time

Weeks passed since that night, we become our normal selves again and act the usual persona's that everyone knows, but we can't say that on occasion we would look across the crowds, the gap to find ourselves staring. Most days now we were both busy learning our parts that we must live out, I a princess working with my older sister keeping order with other royals of Equestria then the day and night, all while he prepares with the rest when they are needed to protect our home even though he would be mostly at my side if such an a idea occurred. A few days from now some delegates from Saddle Arabia where to arrive to discuss about needed help for something, I know only what Celestia told since she is the one that mostly handles everything here.

"Luna I'm going to want you attend this meeting when the delegates arrive."
"Are you sure sister? I know very little of these kinds of things and you've been able to handle them well."

"Yes I'm sure, being there will give you the best understanding of how to work with others. For know we are going to work on the basics of what you need to know."

For five days and five nights we were enclosed in the library as my sister would help with my representation and speaking as a delegate would. It was all confusing as there were many variables to speaking with another one to one and then trying to maintain a calm mind if there two or more speaking and tension was rising between them. We would take breaks in between sessions that I would spend most staring out the large window, following the horizon from one end to the a other just thinking about everything past the boundaries of nature. Down below can be seen the many ponies with their own business in mind not as difficult in being a princess, groups of friends would be entering or leaving out to either work or fun, I don't mind that many would treat me as royalty but after a while it becomes a bore and they won't stop the act as if they depended on it. I know a few who would act normal around me and indulge on my want of fun but if my sister where to appear they would go back to the routine of bowing and responding with titles, but sometimes she would be kind enough to let me have my fun. The day the delegates where to arrive was only greeted with a message stating that harsh weather has brought them to halt and would need four more days before arriving, I felt relieved that there was more time now but again was spent practicing and looking out the window.

"You may have this day for yourself, go and do whatever want." she said walking past the library.
"But the delegates arrive tomorrow and-"

"Yes I know they would arrive tomorrow, but there is a time when all of it won't be work and spent inside. So go out and enjoy the day."

I ran up to her and gave her a long hug and then went off to find something fun to do for the day. I was looking for somebody that would out of their usual routine of treating me as royalty and more of a new friend, but diminished as many would stay their usual selves or nervously moved around the subject, I guess this something they were taught growing up: The proper and only way to act in front royalty. There wasn't much to do alone as many ponies were kept to their responsibilities, until it occurred to me that their might be one who wouldn't be so boring if asked to have fun, I headed towards the grounds where the guards are usually training or spending the day relaxing to find the Captain. As I entered the grounds all around everypony was either stopping or jumping up to attention as they usually would and wait until told to do so by the Captain, who shouted at far end to let them returned to their activities.

"Princess," he bows "What brings you here?"
"I'm here looking for someone," looking around I couldn't tell many from one another "But it seems he is not here."

"Who are you looking for?"
"For Dragon-Heart, I need to speak with him."

"Well he can be found with the blacksmith, though I think they are working something. Why do you have to speak with him?"
"That is something that will only be discussed between him and I." heading out I heard some whispers exchanged from the younger group of guards, then cut short with a few shouts from others.

Nearing the blacksmiths workshop a loud commotion can heard of metal against metal and few shouts here and there, slowly I peeked into the room to see an interesting work between Dragon-Heart and the blacksmith. The smith held a large clump of what I thought was an ore as Dragon-Heart let out a large green flame heating the ore, once it glowed bright from the instance heat Dragon-Heart flapped a strong gust with his wings that somehow made the water in a tank create a bubble around the ore. As the sphere of water cool the ore both he and the blacksmith began to strike it with two large hammers giving it shape, every strike caused the water to disperse but returned to keeping its shape, once finished the know ore was shaped into a scale that the smith attached to a set of armor layered with the same looking scales. Entering into the workshop both notice my presence and did what everyone else does,

"Princess, what is it that I might be a service to you?" the blacksmith asked
"I've come to borrow your assistant for the day."

The blacksmith gave a confused looked before realizing I was talking about Dragon-Heart, "Ah yes of course."
"If you would follow me Dragon-Heart." he gave thanks to the smith before joining me outside,

"Might I asked what is my task for today?"
"We are going to spend the day together and do something fun." a priceless look overtook his face at the sound of these words.

"Are you certain that I'm the one to be invited to having fun?" he asked keeping a slow pace behind me,
"Well you are the only one that I can think of that wouldn't act like a stubborn pony and would enjoy the day with a princess acting like a young mare." gave a little more sway in my walk for emphasis causing him to turn a red, looking back, "Aren't you going to escort me?"

Taking his place beside me, "Very well let us explore the town."

Though I don't know my way around Canterlot or know of its stores this was going to be the first time to visit these places and accompanied by the princess. I felt comfortable within the walls of the castle since many of its residents and visitors are well know, but out in the town felt worse as many onlookers would stare at the Luna accompanied by a stranger, whispers would be exchanged, others tried to look uninterested but couldn't help themselves. Luna seemed nervous as well but hid it well as she would greet those who would near us and kindly accepted small gifts from some, a few would turn to me and offer as well, I accepted so I wouldn't seem rude.

"Seems everyone is in a joyful mood."
"That or just giving the royal treatment," she accepts a floral crown from a florist, "But I don't want to be always treated like this and just have a normal day."

"I see," looking around I noticed the plaza a few streets down filled with carts having a fair, which gave ma an idea "Follow me, I want to show you something."

As we entered into the plaza, Luna's smile became one of complete joy as she would go from cart to cart, stand to stand, and event to event. Here everyone knew who she was but were more relaxed around her, she would converse with vendors, play games with the young fillies running around, here she was having fun and treated like a normal individual. As we got closer to the center music can be heard playing as pairs dancers would dance around in the center, Luna began to sway to the rhythm more and more until she started to join in on the dance, as she was passed from partner to partner, enjoying herself then stopping in front of me.

"Won't you join me?" she holds out her hoof inviting me.
"I don't know, I'm not much of a dancer."

"Oh come on. I invited you for a fun day and you won't accept a dance?" she makes a hurt face and the crowd around would start to encourage taking the dance. She holds out her hoof again, as I accept it I give a little twirl as we set ourselves in the center, everyone grew quiet as they focused on us.

"I thought you said weren't much of a dancer."
"Since everyone wanted me to dance it changed my mind."

The conductor taps for the attention of the musicians, the songs slowly starts into a small waltz as we begin to dance with the melody, slowly dancing around the circumference of the center as we are silently watched, deciding to change the mood Dragon-Heart sparks small wisps of flames that began to follow our dance on the floor and in the air. Then Luna decided to add her own, as somehow it got darker as small lights would appear all around like stars, the music begins to speed and in turn so does our dancing and a spectacular scene is created. As the pair dances faster the light and flames would blend together until they form their own silhouettes of other dancers, the center turned into the night sky over calm waters, rippling only to the two in the center, as the song gradually gains rhythm the dancers fluid movements become faster, more dynamic, nearing its end the shadow dancers create a blinding light until flashing out of existence, revealing the two embracing each other under a small bright moon shining upon them on calm waters.

Realizing that the song has ended I open my eyes to the others staring at us with great interest, some talking, a few wiping tears from their eyes, looking down I see Luna was still against smiling with closed eyes, I whisper into her ear,

"I don't mean to ruin the moment but everyone is staring."
Slowly opening her eyes and looking around then looking at close we were, she slowly separates herself from me feeling embarrassed from all the stares. Then all the ponies begin clapping, cheering, throwing flowers at our hoofs, many crowd around us asking many questions. The rushing crowd was too much either one of was able to handle and the many questions they would ask about us, Luna looked like she was about to break, quickly I pressed through to her side and being leading her out of the plaza as quickly as possible, thinking up excuses and thanking everyone as we were leaving. Finally out stopping at a quiet park we sat on a bench under a cherry blossom tree catching our breath.

"We danced pretty well today didn't we?" turning to see if she was feeling better after the ordeal, a small smile appears.
"We did. Even if you did lie of being a good dancer." faces me, "Sorry if I got a little carried away."

"No, no, this time I'm the one who should apologize. I may have added more to the mood then I should of and got both of us distracted into another world."
"It was a little embarrassing to seeing them stare at us especially how close we were together."

Looking down at the flowers, "Do you think stories about that is going to spread around?"
"Most likely not," feeling her lean against me, "I think they know to keep this sort of thing between them. You're tense."

Letting myself relax, "Still not use to this."
"Neither am I."

Before heading back we stopped by few of the vendors and bought some small trinkets in remembrance of the day of fun we had. Heading back we took the more direct route even if it meant to hear more whispers or have onlookers until turning the corner, we bid farewell as she entered her room and I walked back to mine only to be stopped by the Captain.

"Spent the day well?" he asked with that blank face he always has,
"It was..interesting."

"I can tell from your performance at the plaza, didn't know two can dance like that." my heart started to race as I held my breath wondering what he is going to do, only to be surprised with a hard pat on the back and a smile.

"Just tread very carefully. We wouldn't want anything to happen."
"Yes sir." saluting, he goes on his way and I head to bed with concerned thoughts of the days to come.