• Published 5th Jun 2013
  • 678 Views, 2 Comments

The Dragon and The Moon - Dragon-Heart



Exploring a tale behind Luna's transformation

  • ...
3
 2
 678

Chapter 4: Questions

As I lay in the calm darkness, floating out to nowhere, my mind a blank, I hear ripples as thoughts begin to return. These returned at random from old locations I have traveled to, then different names without faces or faces without names, it came in a harmonic tune. Then I felt a disturbance the darkness began to change, it was no longer calm but frightening, the memories started to rush back into my head, all moving to fast to comprehend. I start to twist and turn trying to calm my mind, but to no avail, my heart races, my breathing became difficult, I can feel the darkness swallowing me, and then everything stops. I can feel a soft touch on my head, moving in a caring motion, Who is this? This being calming my troubles, a soothing voice awakens me.

Staring into the stallion's face I could his troubles clouding him, he turns in the sheets, and his breathing becomes heavier. What is troubling you? the door opens as Celestia and a nurse walk into my room.

"Sister I advise that we move him to a different room." the nurse begins to check on him
"He stopped that dragon sister. This civilian stopped a dragon, one that none of the guards could stop. It seemed appropriate that he rest in a good bed."

Celestia looks down at the necklace that was given to me, as I followed her gaze I noticed I was subconsciously stroking the gem, hastily move the hoof away and look at him.

"What?" turning back I can see my sister staring with a concern look "Celestia, this stallion risked his life protecting us and he was just here to deliver this to us." pointing at the necklace "I can at least sit here with him."

Her face slowly becomes one of understanding "Fine, but once he is well I would like to speak with him."

As they both leave the room I return my attention to him, he still seems to be troubled, slowly I reach out and begin stroking his head whispering, "It's alright brave one, you are safe under the watchful moon." he begins to calm himself and slowly awakens.

Slowly opening my eyes, clearing my vision I start to notice my new surroundings. I seem to be in a light blue room, to the left I notice books and instruments of astronomy, turning to the right my heart stops. There sitting next to the bed was Luna, a small smile on her face.

"You're finally awake." her soothing touch feels like there's nothing that can go wrong, her eyes bright as the night, and her beauty can shatter stone.

"Where am I? What happened?" trying to rise, a jolt of pain travel through my body preventing me to move.

"You shouldn't move, you collapsed after stopping that dragon and giving me this necklace. I had them bring you here to my room."

surprised I respond with "Y-you're room?"

giggling at my expression "Don't worry, I requested that you rest here. You risked your life for us."

She walks over to small table with a bowl on top. So this is her room, taking a second glance around the room, it suits her, I notice an exit that leads onto the balcony as a light breeze blows in, Luna returns with a small cup

"Here drink this." a sweet aroma flows from the cup but taking a small sip said otherwise, and slowly I can feel my strength returning, glancing down I notice the necklace around her neck

"Your still wearing the necklace."

smiling "It is a very beautiful necklace and the way it glows in the moonlight."
"Moonlight? How long have I been out?"

"You've been out for three days. You should go back to sleep, my sister would like to speak with you later."

Luna exits the room, leaving me to lay her with my thoughts, What would Princess Celestia want with me? as I shift in the bed I just now notice my wings aren't present, I must have changed back, that's probably what caught her interest. Only thing left to do is wait. Slowly I return back into the calm darkness of sleep.

I've never seen Celestia actually angry at someone before, her stare was disturbing even if you are not the one in the line of sight. Standing on the side of a silent room where Stargazer was brought in for questions,

"What was a dragon doing within the castle?" her words were cold as stone
"We were experimenting on what causes dragons to act the way they do." he responded calmly,

"There is a book explaining a dragon's nature of every type."
"But this was for further understanding them."

"By risking the lives of everyone here!" the strength of her voice shook the room. Stargazer's face showed control but his stance seemed to falter, probably knowing that this was caused by his recklessness.

"I took precautions so nothing could go wrong.....I guess I missed something."
Celestia began to pace around the room "You are a trusted associate and I know you wouldn't bring any harm, but this was something that wasn't suppose to happened."

I was about to join in the conversation, then Stargazer states

"That is why I am leaving Canterlot." we both stare with surprised looks on our face, "And my assistant will be taking over my position."

"Are you sure about this?" in response he nods, walks over to me placing his hoof on my shoulder
"Just remember all I thought you and remember to recheck everything." all I could do was stare as one of the greatest professors was leaving everything here, which is now placed on my shoulders.

***

Standing on the balcony with the wind in my face felt very refreshing, after resting for days this was much better. The view of the world from here was amazing, everything was calm, with a beautiful sunset.

"What are you doing up? You should be resting."

Jolting awake I turn to find Luna with a concerned frown on her, I try to look innocent of what little trouble I might have caused but knew I was caught,

"Sorry, I was feeling better and wanted to come outside for some fresh air."
she joins me looking out into the valley "Beautiful view isn't"

looking towards Luna I couldn't tell what was blinding me the sun or her, nervously I tried to muster up the courage to say something, hesitating

"Yes it is." she looks over with her bright blue eyes, losing myself in them.

"What are you staring at?" a small playful smile comes across her face, quickly I turn away blushing
"N-nothing." she draws closer

"It must be something very beautiful to be staring at it and make you nervous." my whole face reddens, slowly I retreat my way back to the room,
"It is something I shouldn't really discuss." Luna traces my path

"What could it be? I want to know what it its." quickening my pace, I stumble over something causing me to fall onto the bed, Luna continues her path. My heart races a little from this small game of cat and mouse, until my back hits the wall, Luna moves closer until she's just inches away.

"What is going on here?"
We both look towards the door where Princess Celestia stood with a questioning look on her face,

"I see our guest is finally feeling better." quickly, Luna and I separated from each other, still red as an apple I lower my head

"Princess, I thank you for the hospitality you have given me."
"You should be thanking my sister for that. She was the one who gave up her bed and nurtured you back to health." raising my head back up, face almost back to normal, nervously asks,

"You wanted to speak with me?"
"Yes, you're not in any trouble. I just wanted to ask you a few questions about you." Luna quietly stands next to her sister,

"What do you want to know?"
"Who are you, exactly?"

"My name is Dragon-Heart, I am a jewel crafter and former dragon researcher, I live outside of the Everfree forest in a small town, and as you probably saw when the dragon was rampaging I can have the same abilities at a moments notice."
"So you are the son of the famous dragon researcher?"

"Yes." Both sisters remained silent, Celestia showed no expression, and Luna was closely listening to everything,
"Interesting. What was the thing you did that stopped the dragon?"

"It was an old spell I-"
"Wait. Spell? You can cast spells?"

"Yes. I can can cast some common spells, here let me show you."

Turning towards a bowl I concentrate my magiks and begin to levitate the bowl off the table. Both stare with curiosity at the bowl.

"Fascinating."
"How are you doing this?" asked Luna, giving a small smile I morphed the bowl into a small ceramic statue of a rare flower, placing it back on the table.

"I learned much from others when I use to travel." Luna goes to further investigate the flower.
"An Earth pony who can cast spells and call on the powers of a dragon. You are an excellent candidate."

Confused "What do you mean?"
A small smile crosses her face "You are going to begin training to see if you can become Luna's personal royal guard."