• Published 6th Mar 2012
  • 1,002 Views, 5 Comments

The Wind In Your Mane, The Sand In Your Hooves - RainbowDashian



My February Write-Off entry. The mane six go to the beach.

  • ...
11
 5
 1,002

Departure

Twilight woke up at six the next morning. The other five ponies were already packing their things. Twilight shoved all her things in her bag to catch up. They left the hotel at six thirty.

They reached the beach to find that Celestia's royal chariot had already arrived. Rarity began loading their bags into the chariot, while Applejack and Rainbow Dash ran off to play a last game of volleyball. Pinkie Pie ran to get some snacks for the trip, and Fluttershy flew away to say goodbye to Andrea the pelican.

Twilight made her way to Jake. "I guess this is the least time I'll see you." He said.

"Yeah." Twilight agreed. "It probably is. I don't want to leave you."

"I don't want you to leave me, either." Jake said. "But you have to go. Ponyville needs you and your friends. When you work together, the six of you are like one pony. If one of you is gone, the connection is severed."

"I know." Twilight said. "And I know I have to go. But I still want to stay here, with you."

"You can't." Jake said. "It just wouldn't work. Regardless, I still love you."

"And I love you." They kissed.

By this time, the other five ponies were all watching Twilight and Jake. Pinkie Pie started crying. Rainbow Dash cried, too, but she'd never admit it. In unison, Applejack, Rarity, and Fluttershy let out a humongous "AWWWW!"

Twilight turned around, her face bright red. "You guys!" Twilight exclaimed. "Can't a pony get some privacy?"

"Now, Sugarcube," Applejack said. "I don't really think that a beach is the best place to expect privacy."

"I know." Twilight laughed. "Just, give me a minute, okay?"

"You got it." Rainbow Dash said, wiping a tear from her cheek.

Twilight did a double take. "Are you crying, Rainbow Dash?" She asked.

"No!" Rainbow Dash retorted.

"If you say so." Twilight said facetiously. "Now, leave us alone, you guys!"

"Okay." Fluttershy said. "Turn around, you guys!" The other five ponies turned around.

Twilight kissed Jake. "So, this is goodbye?" She asked.

"Yes." Jake said. "It is. At least until my parents let go of me enough to let me move to Ponyville. But, until that happens, this is all you have to remember me by." He handed Twilight a small pouch. "Don't open it until you get to Ponyville." He said, kissing her. "Now, go."

As the chariot took off, Twilight, with tears streaming down her face, turned around and yelled, "Goodbye, Jake! I won't forget you!"

Back on the ground, Jake replied, "I won't forget you either! I love you!"

"I love you too!" Twilight replied.

When the chariot disappeared from view, Jake allowed himself to cry. He laid down on the ground and let the tears pour down his face. He didn't stop crying until the sun had set.