• ...
6
 7
 578

Crusaders' Trial

A groan came out from the orange teenage Pegasus as her consciousness was regained from a soft bump from below. She noticed she was sitting in a seat of a train, not like any train she rode though. From the window at first she saw complete darkness until suddenly it showed the train was on a bridge under green colored liquid. Scootaloo stood from her seat only for another bump to erupt to make her lose balance and sit back down. When things steadied she stood again and saw the deep and creepy cart she was on. It was longer then usual train cars and I'm sure nobody has seen skulls hanging from above the exits since it's far from Nightmare Night. She decided not to guess as she continued forward walking slowly and sometimes being held back by the bumpy ride on the bridge.

" I hope this doesn't tilt over into that liquid." Scootaloo thought when she regained her balance once again. As she moved on she was met with a sudden grab around her neck and was thrown back into another seat. She looked up seeing a girl who looked to be in her early adult hood, but her grayish skin made the young Pegasus remind her of someone she felt she knew before in the past. But she may be wrong so she decided to not guess. The girl was unusual and not just by the unpleasant skin, Scootaloo could of sworn the girl's arm flashed into a new from until it became normal. The young woman had short silver hair with bangs covering her left eye which could still be a bit noticed. Her eyes were crimson and she wore a black short sleeve shirt with a design of a red tear drop, shorts, and knee length boots.

" A-are you that cloaked person from before?" She asked nervously although she was ready for a fight if necessary. However the woman shook her head.

" That was Meroshia. Sadly, I have to call her my mother since she is. That's besides the point though. She did what she did to your friends and yourself because she knows you aren't even close to ready for what's ahead in the near future." She answered.

" What? Is she a seer or something?" The Pegasus asked. The woman ignored that question and just decided to introduce so she would not sound a bit mysterious.

" My name is Merciless. Despite what my name means, I only want to help you and your friends. But first you need to find your way out this Hell Train." She said.

" How exactly do I do that?"

" First, testing where your power is at here and now." Suddenly Scootaloo was able to roll out her seat evading a punch which blew the seat she was just sitting in back against the others. Her weapon appeared in her hand. The blade of her sword the shape of part of a Pegasus's wing and was orange like her. She held her sword at the ready as Merciless reached towards her back for her hand to touch the hilt of a sword which was nearly as big as her and the hilt had a skull design onto it. She then made a gesture for her to come at her.

13th Struggle

Instead of running at her Scootaloo shot a white orb at her which she knocked away easily. Merciless decided to run at her instead and attempted an overhead slash which the Pegasus was able to use her wings to hover and fly back a distance from her. This time Scootaloo ran towards her and attempted a swing of her own, but her blade was grabbed and she was thrown over the light gray skinned woman and into a wall where a door was which lead to another train car. Scootaloo suddenly kicked herself off of the wall and flew towards her and this time there was second weapon in her hand resembling Rainbow Dash's sword in her own color. Once at a certain range she swung one blade at her which she expected to get blocked only to use the other to swing overhead which cut straight down Merciless' body making blood spew from the wound. She didn't back away though, she swung her sword from below and up towards Scootaloo and even though she blocked it she was sent up to the ceiling of the train car, but not hard enough to go through.

That soon changed when a large purpleish white orb hit her to her stomach and to her shock, exploded sending her through the ceiling and landing on the top of the train. Worse enough, there was no other train car behind her as Merciless who just landed in front of her, did have a few.

Kingdom hearts: Fight to the death

" Try not to fall, little girl. If you wanna save your friends and your idol then you need to beat me to pass phase one of your trial." Merciless taunted. This felt like the final straw to Scootaloo. For her Crusaders, Celestia, and most importantly to her, Rainbow Dash. She wanted to help them all till her last breath was drawn. With rage suddenly now her strength to help for the sake of her strength she lashed out strike after strike to try and hit her, but even with two blades they were now getting blocked as if her first hit was her last hit she'd ever get. The gray skinned woman slightly pushed Scootaloo which caused her to near the edge where she'd be left behind by the train. She saw Merciless attempt another strike, but this time Scootaloo jumped over her with a front flip and now she slowly began to lose her balance on edge and unfortunately she fell.

Just in case, Scootaloo moved to another train car in case she would come back, she could sense it in her gut. Then, a roar was heard which sounded very familiar to her. Suddenly appearing beside the train was none other than the well know large winged beast, Bahamut and Merciless was sitting on it's head with her sword gone.

" Let's see how you take me on now." She said as the Bahamut shifted it's form into some kind of jet-like form. The Bahamut flew to a distance from the train as well making sure it caught up. Scootaloo remembered she had a little trick up her sleeve thanks to Max's hard training in the distant past. She held her two swords together and soon a light surrounded it and it took shape as a double bladed spear. She grinned. With her weapon in this state and with good accuracy, she could defeat the Bahamut in no time.

" Say your prayers!" She provoked as she threw her spear with precision and despite the long range, she hit the monster's wing and the spear exploded causing it to stagger a lot to the point it almost hit the liquid. The spear reappeared in Scootaloo's grasp as she stuck it on the top of the train with a smile.

" How did you like that?" She was forced to eat those words when a small portal formed in it's faces while it was flying and small violet projectiles came out and began hitting the train in every area, but with bad accuracy she didn't need to move to evade although she did stumble from the multiple impacts. The Pegasus retaliated as her spear was now coated with fire and she threw it again, but this time the Bahamut dodged it to her annoyance. This time she shot a black and white mixed orb at the winged monster this time right when her spear reappeared. At the same moment she threw her spear at the orb which made it split into millions of smaller orbs which was way more difficult for the Bahamut to evade that it staggered more and went in the green liquid with a splash.

" Yes!" She said proud at taking out a Bahamut all by herself.

Her celebration was short lived when the Bahamut reemerged from the liquid with a blue orb forming on it's head. Scootaloo recognized it which made instinct tell her get to the closest to the front of the train as possible. The orb was released and unfortunate for her, she wasn't close enough to the front and soon witness an incredibly large explosion on the top of a train car which somehow didn't take it as damage to hard. As for the leader of the Crusaders, there was flash and next thing she knew...she was somehow safe. The explosion ceased and Scootaloo was now standing between her two best friends, none other than Applebloom and Sweetie Belle.

" Girls! How did you get here?" She said not believing what she was seeing. Merciless happened to answer that for her.

" You see Scootaloo. You'd never would been able to defeat me no matter how hard you tried, without help at least. The first part of your test was to survive against me. If my Bahamut would of used Megaflare sooner, you would of fell calling out to your friends and still your best friends would of came, but with one less person on this fight. Now skip formalities and finish this!" She explained. Scootaloo had her spear back in her hand as she was ready to settle a score.

" Crusaders! Now's our time to prove that we can help everyone, here...and now." Scootaloo told them. Sweetie Belle and Applebloom nodded.

" Ah wanna help out Applejack as much as I can even if it kills me." Applebloom added.

" We'll get out of here and we will search for those crystals non-stop!" Sweetie Belle vowed as her hands were surrounded by an aura.

Final fantasy 13-2 Ruler of time and space

With a roar the Bahamut made two yellow beams from below and it went straight up through the train causing multiple explosion which didn't hit them at all. Scootaloo found this a bit odd since she was only hit once and then suddenly her friends appear. She noticed Applebloom having her hands cupped over her mouth as she shouted out: " HEY YOU LITTLE VERMIN! I'LL DEAL WITH YA!" She provoked as a red staff with two green blades shaped as and X formed in her hand. The winged beast suddenly shifted forms back into it's humanoid state and swiped her claws towards the cowgirl.

Applebloom blocked it with the entire spear and with all the strength she could dish out, pushed back the Bahamut's claws causing it to back away from the train.

" Heh, How do ya like that?" She continued to provoke. " Come on. This ain't over. This'll be quick." Again, the Bahamut paid it's attention only to the cowgirl Equestrian which gave Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle a perfect opportunity to attack. Scootaloo threw her spear again at the Bahamut mixed with an electric aura given by Sweetie Belle making it cause a barrage of lightning bolts rain down when the spear made contact. The Bahamut growled once it recovered and this time reverted to it's jet form with another blue orb forming on it's head only this time it was shooting it from behind the train.

Scootaloo was about to get some distance till Applebloom stopped her with sudden cockiness.

" Not this again. Come on!" Scootaloo admired her sudden courage for being a distraction, but this was a big risk she was making. She still stepped back just in case. The beast fired it's projectile directly towards Applebloom and what she did shocked the two other Crusaders. She spun her staff with great speed that it was fast enough to knock the projectile away and explode on contact somewhere else.

The Bahamut roared again and this time when it turned humanoid again, it began to spin with it's claws out which this time hit all of the Crusaders sending them high off the top of the train car. However while they still in midair, Scootaloo threw a black and white mixed orb at it which made a explosion on contact. While it was staggered, Scootaloo grabbed her friend's hands and flew to another train car away from it and her spear reappeared in her hand.

" Alright, playtime is over." Merciless's voice was heard. All the girls got ready for what was going to happen now that the Bahamut disappeared.


Appearing from a group of bats was none other than Merciless. This time she didn't have a sword, she had a large fan on her back similar to what the Crusaders saw back in Ponyville. Another thing different was her right arm. Instead of it being gray like her entire skin, it was blue with glowing red designs like a it was snake wrapping around it.

" Congratulations on being able to take out the Bahamut. But you must stop me in order to gain the privilege of freedom in this darkness. This time Scootaloo, Applebloom, Sweetie Belle. Things won't be easy as you think." Merciless explained. The Crusaders shivered a bit at how serious she sounded about this. However they let fear be their words of courage to her.

" We never expected this to be easy. It would be a shame if it was. But, if this will get me the power to help, we'll do it." Scootaloo spoke.

" Right! So what if ya got new stuff on you. We'll kick your butt anyway!" Applebloom added.

Sweetie Belle only nodded as all the Crusaders got ready for what Merciless was gonna do. Merciless smiled at their persistence and placed her hand on the hilt of her fan.

" Let's see then. No survival. Actually defeat me if your still so confident." She challenged. Her answer was Scootaloo who now had her two swords and Applebloom both running towards her and both attacking her one at a time. Merciless dodged each and once getting her opening, she swung her fan while at the same time blew a purple fireball making three fiery tornado hitting the Crusaders point blank. Both of them were flown back like dummies and laid on the ground for moment till they got up seconds later.

Merciless placed her fan on her back again and this time used her blue arm which extended out towards them. Applebloom grabbed it and reeled the her into a haymaker causing the woman to nearly fall from one of the ledges till suddenly large bat wings grew from her back allowing her to save herself. This irritated all of the Crusaders.

" Change of plans girls, Crusader Invasion!" Scootaloo ordered as she hovered from the train car. Merciless dashed towards them making Scootaloo grab Applebloom's arm and fly away with her leaving Sweetie Belle. As she went for her, Merciless was stopped when she felt her a cut around her leg and one on her cheek. She stopped in her attack and noticed she was surrounded by small silver diamonds which she noticed came from Sweetie Belle telling from her horn glowing.

" LOOK OUT BELOW!" Scootaloo and Applebloom's voices were heard from above and before Merciless could look up, she felt herself pinned down by her head then at the same time impaled by two blades in her back. She let out a scream as the gems were send flying in random directions and even went past Sweetie Belle and she didn't even flinch. A gasp came out from Applebloom when she noticed Merciless was gone all of a sudden.

" Girls! Behind you!" Sweetie Belle warned. They both turned, but Scootaloo was grabbed by Merciless with her hand around her throat as she stomped Applebloom to the ground.

" You've almost got me. But this is over...I win." She said with a vacant expression on her face. The orange Pegasus grit her teeth as she held her sword up in between them.

" Don't count us out yet!" She told the bat winged woman. Merciless held Scootaloo's blade back, but didn't noticed her hand was glowing with another black and white projectile in her hand. When she did, it was too late when the orb exploded in between them making Merciless lose her grip on Scootaloo and stepped back from Applebloom. When the cloud of smoke was over Scootaloo had another in her hand only it surrounded her fist.

" We will protect our friends and if it means breaking every bone in my body so be it! THIS IS GONNA HURT!" With those words the Pegasus once known to be insulted by all others, the one that couldn't fly when she was younger, yet got found her special talent punched Merciless towards her face with all her power she could muster and it was enough to send her flying back along with a large ring of light around her after her punch. She began to pant and even sat back as she saw Merciless on the ground for moment till she suddenly vanished then reappeared in front Scootaloo and to her surprise, she smiled at the teen.

" You've done good. So protecting everyone is what drives you to keep fighting, sounds like Rainbow Dash is your idol after all. Your friends however, I'll admit even though they aren't ready, they are good for strategic situations. Well done. Your free to go." Merciless snapped her fingers and she vanished along with the Crusaders.

Next thing the Crystal Crusaders knew was that they were now in what looked like, Canterlot. No monster in sight, but there was damage.

" Let's go. The sooner we search, the better." Scootaloo said as she began to walk to a random direction. Her friend followed silently as they're journey for the crystals begun.

Author's Note:

The Cutie Mark " Crystal" Crusaders will play a big part in this story soon, that's all I can say for them. Next chapter I've decided to add another OC to work with Max along with a small flashback about Spike's 'problem'. One more thing here are the Crusaders roles in the terms of Final fantasy 13-2:

Scootaloo- Commando, Ravager( coming soon)

Sweetie Belle- Ravager, Synergist , Heal and Sabatuer ( coming soon)

Applebloom- Commando and Sentinel.

All I can say is I hope you enjoy. See ya for now I guess.