• ...
6
 7
 576

Max's Mysterious Test

Soundtrack: Test of the L'cie

Trixie ran up in the mix of her first fight against a Bahamut. It swiped it claws trying to rip it's preys in one hit, but Zecora's barrier erected and surrounded all of them and bounced back it's large hands. This opportunity gave Max a chance to jump up and attempt to slay it only for it's other hand to slap him away into a tree. Than it spew out a fireball towards him which he was able to block with his sword stuck in the ground. " Alright, no holding back." Zecora said as she folded her arms. Max, Trixie. Get beside me and stay close to me." She commanded. Trixie was already close but it was Max who was already at a far distance.

" Max! You can trust me i would never let it hurt you." She yelled to him. Max pulled his sword out the ground and muttered, " I never doubted you." He ran as the Bahamut shot blue orbs from it's hand and made small explosions and blue smoke. However he still overcame it and now knelt beside Zecora was she was now ready. " Whatever you do, don't run." She told them. This already made Trixie nervous since she didn't want to trust her. Suddenly all the trees surrounding them began to close in on them.

" Zecora what are you doing? You'll kill us-" Zecora cut Max off.

" Shut up. It never failed." She assured.

The trees moved in closer and closer which nearly sealed them, mostly the Bahamut since it was nearing to get crushed.
" Prepare yourselves." She said as the trees now closed in at fast speed.
" Illusive!" Zecora shouted at the last second before getting squeezed. When Max's vision was back to normal he noticed Trixie still on the ground with dizziness in her eyes while Zecora was sitting on the Bahamut's corpse which was much thinner. He lifted himself off the ground as his sword vanished in a light.

" Okay, why aren't we dead Zecora? What technique was that?" He asked her. Zecora smiled as she jumped off the Bahamut corpse and lifted the sleeve of her cloak. Max was surprised at seeing a sight he never expected to see ever in his life. On her arm was a purple eye with the pupil the shape of wolf and a green eye with a pupil the shape of a wind sigil. He blinked and wiped his eyes with his sleeve only to still see it in view. Zecora grinned at that reaction.

" How? Only on my world we have the Eye of the Wolf and Eye of the Monsoon. How did you get it in Equestria?" He asked.

" Where do you think Equestrians are from?" She asked, changing the subject. Max didn't have an answer till Zecora's features gave him the answer.

" Your Earthly animals. Enchanted by the magic from Fal'Cie. right?" He guessed which made Zecora shake her head in response to that.
" We are enchanted, but not by this Fal'Cie you speak of. Were all enchanted by a god that even surpassed Celestia and Luna combined, can you guess? Surely in your world you should know since everyone should of known." She asked. This got him in a thoughtful stance which really made Zecora get ready to face palm. After minutes of thinking Zecora finally decided on giving an answer.
" Etro." She told him in a irritated tone. That obvious answer made Max slap his forehead and curse himself.

" Wait, so Equestrians are Anatolian and Earth animals. For once...I'm vacant." Max replied with sigh. Zecora shook her head again.

" We are Earth Animals. That's all you need to know, okay?" Max nodded and began to hear Trixie groaning. He walked over to her as her vision was becoming clear. First thing she saw was Max's face making her jerk her head up causing to bump each other's head. Now both of them were holding their head and groaning. " I'm a bit shocked Celestia relies you and the others to find these crystals. If I remember correctly, Trixie isn't even an element." Zecora pointed out. Trixie suddenly sprouted up despite the pain in her head just to say one FYI to her.

" I actually am. It may not have a crystal form, but Celestia named me the Element of Leadership!" She said proudly. Zecora looked at Max and by her quizzical look she was asking him if this was true. Max nodded. Zecora wasn't sure to be either happy, worried about Trixie because of what her destiny is now, or sad for that she was still too young for this. Well she couldn't say young since she was only a year younger than Twilight.

" Well congratulations on your err, biggest success." Zecora praised with a small smile. Trixie chuckled which meant for everyone " Trixie's Boasting time" which was thankfully interrupted when Max reminded Trixie of their goal.

" Oh yeah. Story time from the Great and Powerful shall come later." She said as she began following Max away from the woods. After a while of walking and finally away from Everfree Forest and not finding any crystal there, Trixie looked like she'd just realized something. " Hold on. I just remembered Zecora had those eyes on her arm before we left. Those are evil." Trixie said with panic in her voice.

" It's only evil if the user uses it for evil. It doesn't corrupt you like the Alicorn Amulet. I even find it weird that you gained them from putting it on. It was funny though when you weren't experienced with those eyes though." Max said with a grin.
" How is seeing someone's eye bleed funny to you?" Trixie asked which completely made him froze.

" Uh, forget I said that and instead said I was thinking about considering to use two blades instead of one just like old times." He rephrased. " Maybe I will. I miss my Keyblades. Now we have this to take care of. I hope collecting the crystals and uses it against Luna will bring her back. Twilight said it worked last time." Max said. Trixie was silent as they were now where they least expected, the monster infested Ponyville. " Why?" Trixie asked. Max was about to shrug until he saw three other figures who sneaked past two wolf like monsters. " Seems like we aren't alone in this dead valley." Max told her.

" Yeah but we have company." Trixie said as she pointed to the two silver wolves who were nearing them. Max scoffed as his sword appeared in his hand as Trixie's hands were clouded in different elements, one was fire as the other was lightning. " So who will kill who?" Trixie asked.
" Just as long you get the job done." Max replied as he ran at one of them and swung his sword down, the wolf did a back flip to evade. The other wolf ran towards Trixie, but it's tracks were stopped when a pillar of fire surrounded it and burned it from inside till it vanished. " Easy as pie." She groaned in dismay. " GIVE ME A BIGGER CHALLENGE!!!" She yelled right when Max killed the other wolf. A loud roar was heard and crashing through a bakery was a larger monster with heavy armor and a large blade stuck on it's back.

" You just had to say that!" Max shouted.

" Shut up!" Trixie countered while getting her spell ready for another monster. " Here!" A barrage of lightning bolts struck down along with her hand movement, but barely any damage was done. " Uh, this might be a problem." She said nervously. The Behemoth charged at the magician who closed her eyes just bracing for impact until she opened her eyes seeing Max send the behemoth flying back away from them. " Honestly, you must always be vigilant and never give up, Trixie. How do you expect to be like Twilight if you can't do that. Sure you have magic, but-" Max paused and remembered the three figures. " Wait, I thin i found some survivors. If it's the crusaders than-" Trixie cut him off to say the Behemoth was back. He wasn't even quick enough to react, but suddenly the attack was stopped when glowing silver gems entombed it and rapidly cutting the Behemoth. " What happen?" Trixie asked.

" It's the Crusaders." Max replied with a smile on his face. The smile really did surprise Trixie since she couldn't remember since he had around her and Mane 6. However her attention was back towards the Behemoth. " Trixie above!" Max warned pointing up towards a orange winged Equestrian girl with a weapon in her hand ready to slice. Trixie was barely able to make a barrier when the figure landed and made a giant collusion against the monster, killing it and gems shattering everywhere. The Behemoth began to vanish into a dark mist as the figure stood up and placed her 'sword' on her shoulder.

" Scootaloo." Max was a bit more happy than ever seeing her , then beside her was Applebloom and Sweetie Belle. All of them were wearing a school uniform of the same color, blue and white. Scootaloo's sword had the resemblance of her wing as the hilt had a gold complex guard around it. " Were Crystal Crusaders now. We're gonna help in any way to save Equestria." Scootaloo vowed with a grin which highly reminded Max of Rainbow Dash.

" All I have to say is don't scare us like last time. Rainbow Dash really considers you a sister since she doesn't have one. Not that I know of." Max told her. Scootaloo nodded and looked at Trixie who was staring harshly at her weapon.

" What's with her?" Scootaloo asked.
" Oh nothing. Never shuts up, but I'll live." Max answered. Trixie growled as electricity built in her hands and tried to slap Max only for him to step back making her stagger at her miss. " Not to mention she can barely keep her Great and Powerful title." He added. Trixie glared at him, but all her did was shrug. " You boasted, not me." He told her.

" Anyway, why are you here?" Max asked. That question made Scootaloo's face turn blank since she probably forgot what she wanted to say. Luckily, Sweetie Belle covered for her.

" There is more to Nightmare Moon's plans then just collecting these crystals. Celestia told us that these crystals are found by Nightmare Moon, she could be able to control that element's spirit." She explained.

" What do you mean?" Trixie asked which earned her a groan from everyone. " What?" With that put aside Max told her.

" Basically, if Nightmare gets a crystal that represents our element she could manipulate it making us get on her side. Of course. If she were smart. She'd go for courage." Max said. The thought of that element be in her grasp scared him. Since there was not only one person representing that element. Him and Twilight shared it half and half. However he did remember it was originally only his till he made a choice to share it when the alicorn was in danger. Speaking of alicorn, he never got the chance to see her in her actual alicorn state, but instead a vicious dark alicorn. He shook away the thought as suddenly a strong wind erupted around all of them. The wind suddenly became like a tornado with them slowly floating up.

" What's happening?" Scootaloo asked looking at Max who was suddenly on the verge of crashing into her if she hadn't moved. She grabbed his wrist to stop him. Trixie was trying to make a teleportation spell of them till she noticed a fireball coming towards the tornado. There wasn't enough time as the fireball got mixed up with the strong winds making it a wind of fire slowly cooking everyone. However, everything turned black for everyone and the next thing they all knew was being surrounded by darkness and all being faced by a cloaked figure with glowing red eyes and it's skin a barely noticeable gray and had a large silver fan with a chain attacked to the hilt which followed to the sleeve.

Max's Perspective

" And you are?" Max asked as two blades appeared in his hand which surprised him. One was was yellow and red sword shaped of a flame with two edges.

Basically i mean Noel Kriess's sword on Final fantasy 13-2 if you know how it looks.

He didn't let it get in his head though. He looked back at the figure and noticed the figure having a silver fan on it's back with a black chain coming from the hilt beneath the bottom of it's cloak. " Someone you should already know. Now I'm not even a memory to you or anyone. That's besides the point though. If you don't figure out where these crystals are before Nightmare does. Your gonna become tools against Celestia. And like all pawns, she will just kill you and it's a good riddance in her memory. But, she won't be alone in the search. She has other Equestrians as her playthings and I don't think your ready to face them yet." The figure said. It's voice was feminine, almost like a little girl, but judging by height and how large the fan on her back was, he was thinking a teen at best.

Kingdom Hearts:Birth by Sleep soundtrack: Enter the darkness

Chains began to drop from the figure's sleeves and dropped onto the red round platform they were on. " Now, Your trial of combat starts...NOW!" Her voice suddenly changed from a little girl to a crazy like voice from a girl as she lounged towards Max with the chains flowing behind her. He tried to moved out the way by rolling, but the chains still caught him and restrained him. Holding his arms in place at a tight embrace, Max was vulnerable for anything. " Does the motto: Claws are tearing, Chains are for restraining and Red eyes are for intimidating, sound familiar?" She asked as she turned around with the chains still coming from where her sleeve was. Max gasped at this and suddenly growled. " So you. The little demon in the X-blade incident?" Max asked with rage in his eyes. The figure seemed to notice this which made her tilt her head.
" I'm coming through already? Huh, so you aren't so clueless after all. Well I have a name, got it in that head of yours?" She asked. Max was thinking which was what she wanted giving her an opportunity to pull her chains along with Max and pulling out her fan, swinging it as soon as she did making a small tornado trapping Max inside and releasing him from the chains.

" You fell for it. How do you expect to beat anyone with such and obvious distraction, especially since you were tied up." She said trying to hold back a laugh. The tornado vanished and Max was now staggering and trying to regain his balance.

" H-how...t-the heck did you...get her...Mero?" He said with a bit of a slur in his voice. The figure had grin from underneath the hood of her cloak.

" Meroshia, got it memorized now? None of your business how now stand up and fight." Meroshia demanded. Her eyes suddenly widened as Max was already face to face with her with his dagger at her stomach. The red eyed female smirked and suddenly vanished on the spot. Max looked around, not seeing her in sight till reflexes told him to block from behind him and he did with his sword. He turned his head and at the corner of his eye he could see Meroshia trying to impale him with her bare hand. That wasn't all, Max noticed her fan was gone now. " The fan makes me go slower so to make it harder I'll just take it away if you don't mind." She told him. Meroshia vanished again making Max keep his guard up again. She could come from anywhere with speed like her's.


" It's over!" He heard her voice from above and with little time to react Meroshia grabbed the back of his head and slammed him face first into the ground suddenly causing the platform to collapse and shatter into pieces. Meroshia and Max were now flying in total darkness as their fight continued with Max holding his face, but one eye looking at her.

" I had my guard down a bit. Sorry, but I'm ending this quick and finding Twilight if you don't mind." Max said. He removed his hand from his face and regained grasped with his dagger. Meroshia smiled widely and snapped her fingers making Max's weapons glow. He looked at them with surprise at what form his weapons were now. In his left hand was an electric blue sword with the blade taking shape of a lightning bolt and around the hilt of his sword was a very complex guard which looked as if his hand would never be cut. In his other hand was a red and orange sword also consisting with a complex guard, along the tip of the blade was a fiery sigil sticking out like a blade.

" Recognize them? Good. Now that you have your little friends," Meroshia paused as she closed her right eye. Max was fully alert and ready for what his red eyed menace was ready to do. " I'll have to pull out my ace up my sleeve. Not a common power you find in this world. Something not any human or Equestrian would achieve." Meroshia opened her eye revealing it to be purple and the pupil taking shape of a wolf and at the corner was three stars. Max's eyes widened at seeing what Zecora just showed him, but he also had a feeling it was worse than he'd ever expected.

" Wolf of the Night. It's nothing like the Eye of the Wolf. Then again I'm not experienced with it so you should know my consequence if I use it for too long." She spoke. " No? Well brief example." Max looked at her confusingly till he suddenly noticed purple flames erupt from below him making his scream at the burning he was feeling. Water surrounded one of his hands as he jumped jumped from the flames and shot a tsunami of water at the fire. But for some reason it was enough and the flames were even drying up the water from inside. It was gaining inches towards his leg till suddenly he heard a wince. He looked at Meroshia seeing that she was holding her right eye and blood was coming out from the bottom of it.

" Now...you know." She told him. The flames distinguished. Max aimed his lightning sword at Meroshia from afar as electricity surged from around it. He held it up and to Meroshia's liking, the darkness around them began to dissipate. They were now in the streets of Ponyville once again only in the middle of a thunderstorm.

" I know what you've tried to do Mero. But I have no time to play your little games. Help us with the crystals if you want. Now begone." He stuck his sword in the ground and before Meroshia knew it all she did was smile proudly yet had a slight evil look in her eyes before electricity erupted from below her. Max pulled his blade out and it vanished along with his other sword as it did also ending the thunder strike. Meroshia was gone, but Max already knew she was quick enough for a teleportation spell or something like it.

" Hmm. I understand you have a job to finish, but you have plenty of time before Nightmare corrupts you. Just enjoy your final days with Mane Six, Spike, and all others. Maybe then we'd unite."

Those words played in his head and echoed at the end, but Max had better things to do. Trixie was gone which made him curse her for being so slow in fighting. However there was a possibility she was transported elsewhere.
" If we split then we cover more ground which is good." He thought. He walked to a random direction as he continued anywhere for any sign of the world's hope.

Author's Note:

Sorry it took so long for this to be made. Metal Gear Dash has been getting popular so i tried to make more chapters, but since I've been working on this I decided to finish this chapter. By the way Meroshia is an OC of mine. She's only a minor, but expect to see her sometimes. When I first told my friends how she looked, this was the image they were probably thinking after: ( It's in the comments)

Also about Zecora, I'm not good at rhyming so you'd barely read anything having to do about rhyming, sorry.