• ...
6
 7
 576

Nightmare Moon's Invasion

In a unknown location consisting of a small town similar to Ponyville, it was peaceful, bright and for once had a decent population of Equestrians. That was besides the point however. Walking in the middle of it all was purple anthropomorphic unicorn with long sapphire hair with purple and pink streaks and violet eyes. She was wearing a brown robe covering her attire to protect herself from the cold weather. Beside her was a purple dragon standing almost to her shoulder. Green spikes were on his head like a mohawk and went straight down to his tail. He was also wearing a brown robe due to the weather. Twilight and Spike were their names and they weren't looking for the crystals, not yet. They needed to find someone they'd least expect to want to see. It was only for one purpose and it's for Spike's sake. He had a darkness inside him ever since he was young. Mane Six and Max were the only ones who knew about this.

It happened periodically whenever either Spike has a great need for something or when he's angry when something doesn't go his way. Twilight could tell for certain this was far from being selfish and a spoiled brat. " Do you really think we can trust this girl? I mean last time she did attack Canterlot." Spike asked her. Twilight sighed. She didn't want to do this either since who knows what could happen.

" She did. But Meroshia proved us a point why she did. Those weren't Equestrians anymore. Remember? I'm not joining her side or anything, but it counts for something." She replied. It took them at least almost an hour to find the location they were suppose to meet the red eyed menace. A completely opened area of grass and plants. Felt like Earth Day ( in Max's case). They stood around looking at the beauty around them of nature's gift. At least what it could be like in Ponyville and Canterlot.

" Wow. So you actually trusted my words after all." A childish female voice was heard. Spike and Twilight stood at guard from where ever Meroshia might be. However she appeared behind them and stood in between them and smiled widely at both of them till they took notice of her making them jump back from her. It amused her seeing her prey fear her, but all of that could wait. Believe it or not she does keep her word.

" Alright. We're here. Now how are gonna help Spike? Magic? Potion?" Twilight guessed. Meroshia chuckled and looked down at the grass she was standing on right now.

" It's a process I always use for those with something dark in them." Meroshia closed her right eye and opened it revealing the Wolf of the Night eye. At sight Spike and Twilight suddenly felt the world around them turning completely different. The sky was red and there was a red red moon in the sky. This power was nothing Twilight knew of, how could she? Meroshia was from another world. " I force it out of them." Meroshia finished bringing them back to reality. They were hyperventilating at what they witness. They balanced out their breathing though and remained calm as they looked back at the red eyed girl.

" What do you mean by force?" Twilight asked. Time stopped for Meroshia as she turned towards the readers.

" Seriously? For a smart girl like Twilight she sure can act dumb. What other force does she think I mean? The one from Star Wars?" She told them.

Time resumed and Meroshia turned back to Twilight. " I mean just have him unleash it and I'll take care of the rest. I'd recommend going to a far distance for this Twilight. I know your enjoying the sights of this tras- I mean nature, but this was the only place non populated for monsters or civilians. Unless the mood for destruction is upon you." She explained. Twilight looked at Spike who seemed to look determined for this. She looked back at Meroshia and stepped back to a safe distance from Spike.

" Now. Greed is what makes you tick huh? Well guess what I have." A red gem came out of Meroshia's sleeve and into her hand as she held it out. " Want it? Or need it?"

She took notice that Spike had a tempted look on his face to get the gem which meant it was working. Spike charged at her and reached out for the gem only for the red eyed girl to jump and land on his head with one foot and use her other to kick him towards his face sending him flying back and her landing a back flip.

" SPIKE!" Twilight screamed. Meroshia glared at her and used her Wolf of the Night eye again which began making her more silent.

" I won't hurt him as bad as I usually do." She assured while releasing her from the nightmare. She looked at Spike slowly standing up, but she felt a difference in him now. The purple dragon turned towards her and she was right by his appearance physically. The right side on his face was black and his eyes turned from green to yellow with red lines as pupils. His spikes were now orange and his right arm had a shadowy aura around it.

Soundtrack: DmC battle theme 1

" Now it starts. Spike will be free once this is over." Meroshia told her. With that said black chains came out her sleeves and behind her as she ran at Spike with all her speed almost too much for Rainbow Dash to beat. She was too fast that she was able to look as if she went through Spike as he chains restrained his arms. " Gotcha." She yanked her chains back reeling Spike into a high roundhouse kick. The force sent him flying back till the chains reached its limit stopping him from sliding on the grass. She didn't stop, she reeled him again and this time before he came to the distance began to spew purple flames from her mouth. But Spike countered it with his own green flames making her attack futile and her getting ready to have her face burned off. She stopped this by falling back into the grass and letting Spike get right above her for her to kick her feet up planting it onto his chest sending him in the air.

" Down you go!" She pulled her chains down along with Spike being slammed face down into the hard ground. " This should be easy if he can't even escape my chains." She taunted. Her cockiness cursed her as a large black arm suddenly grabbed her and lifted her up.

" Now this is a familiar power." She thought as she saw and counted 12 illusive arms coming from Spike's back. Another arm came at her and gripped her chains. " Oh, the things I could do with those arms." She said with a slight blush on her face. Before the arm could yank her she suddenly disappeared and reappeared behind Spike. Due to this Spike was free from the chains making the arms vanish. The red eyed menace took advantage of this and swept her leg from below, tripping Spike and stomping him to the ground while he was still above the ground. Meroshia took this moment to look at Twilight who was surprisingly quiet, but she saw the reason. She wasn't even looking.

" She's missing the good stuff." Meroshia thought. She looked down at Spike to see he was slowly gaining back his original form. " OH NO YOU DON'T!" She yelled as she drove her hand in Spike's chest. To his surprise he felt no pain and he didn't feel Meroshia's hand inside him. After mere seconds Meroshia pulled out a complete pitch black soul in her grasp and slammed in the ground and it began to sink in.

" BURN IN HELL!" She yelled as she saw the soul reaching out for the mortal world. It was over and quicker than she expected too. She took a deep breath looked back at the barely damaged environment around them. " It's usually messier."

" Alright, Twilight it's done. Spike turned out to be easy after all." She told the purple Equestrian. Twilight uncovered her eyes to see Spike standing tall and alright. She sighed in relief, but she stomped towards Meroshia and her hands surrounded by fire. She attempted to punch Meroshia but she teleported behind her and chuckled as she turned her head to see the surprised girl.

" For an Alicorn. Your so weak. Is Celestia like you? If that's true then Nightmare Moon must be joke as well." Meroshia turned her body to fully look at Twilight. " No. Maybe your just a disgrace for the Elements of Harmony. Maybe Rarity should have two elements besides you." She gave insults to Twilight here and there which really angered her a lot. Each one built up a flame which turned hotter after each insult. Finally she snapped.

" SHUT UP!!!!!" She yelled louder than the royal voice which even erupted a wave of magic around her sending Spike flying back and landing on the grass while Meroshia was sent back and her back hit a tree. Twilight began panting after all the power it took for that one blast which even got her assistant. Her head was pounding, but her sanity was brought back and she sighed. She walked to Spike and offered him a hand. He hesitated which made him get up on his own to her dismay. She might of scared him a bit too much.

" Not bad. Anger. One of the things that can get your friends hurt really bad. All I have to say now is be careful when Nightmare Moon uses it against you." Meroshia warned her before standing up and vanishing. Twilight looked at the purple dragon again who was looking pretty scared to even turn to her. She decided to change that by hugging him. Spike couldn't tell if it was either body temperature or the robe that made him warm. Either way it helped him not be afraid anymore.

" Now let's go." She said with a smile as they began to walk out and back into the town.

Normally this is the part where I end the chapter, but since I want to make this as good as I possibly can and I have more views on this than I expected, I'm moving on to the other parts of the Mane Six.

" Ugh! This is really becoming a pain in my flank." Rainbow Dash groaned. Her, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie were on the hazardous Canterlot. Completely monster infested and not safe even for a fly. They were stuck inside a house belonging to Twilight since she was gonna be named a Princess soon. Rainbow Dash was leaning against a wall with her arms folded and looking down in thought. She looked at herself through a mirror to look at her clothing. She was wearing a blue jacket worn over a black tank top along with black pants. She also wore white fingerless gloves with her cutie mark symbol on the back. She looked over to Fluttershy who was looking down nervously while Pinkie Pie was trying to cheer her up. Fluttershy wore a green turtle neck and brown pants. Over the past four years Fluttershy's hair was no longer straight, instead it was tied with a green ribbon which made both her ears exposed. Pinkie Pie wore a pink tank top with a design of three balloons and blue shorts. Along with that were white and blue fingerless gloves on her hand.

" Nightmare Moon said she'd change the Crystals of Harmony into the Chaos Crystals. I wonder what it would give her?" Rainbow Dash thought aloud, not that her friends could hear her anyway. The past began to haunt her as she had no trust in Pinkie Pie at all. Not only that, she'd sometimes feel something wrong inside her...something dark. Ever since then she's very quiet around Pinkie Pie or keeps her distance from her.

" RAINBOW DASH!" Pinkie yelled her name cheerfully making her groan. She looked at her anyway and listened to what she had to say. " Where should we look next for the crystals we can't let Nightmare Moon get them first or else it's bad news-" Rainbow Dash cut off her rambling and spoke to her for once.

" It may not even be in Equestria. We can transport to different worlds now, remember?" Pinkie Pie opened her mouth to say something else, Rainbow Dash already answered. " Their called Chaos Crystals." Pinkie Pie nodded and walked back to Fluttershy who kept looking at the ground and uttered a name softly.

" Max." She said. " Please be alright." Rainbow Dash moved from the wall and looked out the window seeing that it was raining hard and monsters were walking around like guard dogs making sure nothing got in the way. She suddenly felt a heat in her stomach. Not the kind when you have feelings for someone, it felt more like a gut feeling to be precise. She continued looking out the window seeing Canterlot was actually barely damaged, but she suddenly saw a purple portal erect out of nowhere right in between a group of monsters.

This made her gasp and turned to her friends. " Hey girls we got a problem!" She told them. Despite the weather they all headed out ( with Fluttershy behind). They made sure to hide from the monsters while still seeing the portal. Fluttershy hyperventilated a few times almost making them get discovered if it weren't for Pinkie Pie cheering her up. Rainbow Dash peeked behind the wall they were hiding behind seeing that the portal vanished and standing in front of the monster which made the bipedal bow while the four legged bow in their own way. Nightmare Moon had shown herself, the cyan pegasus was quite surprise she's show herself already. Suddenly she noticed she made quick glance at her making the rainbow haired Equestrian gasp and suddenly move back against the wall. But it was too late, a light blue aura surrounded her and and levitated her from the ground and moved her towards the the Goddess of Darkness.

" Well, well. I'm not surprised that the Element of Loyalty is still alive and well." She spoke, her voice sounded doubled which also seemed intimidating even for Rainbow Dash. She couldn't move her body, she was completely open for anything and she had monsters behind her who were either growling or glaring at her.

" Just about to become the first victim of the invasion as well. Goodb-" The goddess was cut off when she she noticed a black and white orb shot towards her. She merely held her hand out thinking she would deflect it easily, but once it made contact with her arm it began to grow bigger and at the last second Pinkie Pie appeared out of nowhere and grabbed onto Rainbow Dash right when the orb exploded destroying the monsters. Pinkie Pie reappeared with Rainbow Dash who looked away from her, yet thanked her. Them and Fluttershy were now standing in front of the white cloud made from the explosion. They were unaware of several shadows escaping out of it from above the cloud.

The cloud vanished and Nightmare Moon wasn't damaged one bit probably thanks to the glowing armor on her body. She sneered at the three Elements and held her hand out. " Five minutes is all I need to beat the lot of you." She claimed. In her hand appeared a night blue double blades sword nearly longer than a katana. She held it at the ready as Rainbow Dash held her hand out as well. " Five minutes? For a Goddess you sure choose something very slow." In her hand was a sword with a blue guard around the hilt and a two blue thin blades and at the edge of the blades came a cloud with two rainbow colored lightning bolts beside it. " I say around two. Since your Celestia's sister." Rainbow Dash claimed. She looked back at Pinkie and Fluttershy and told them to cover her as she got ready to face Luna herself.

Dust an Elysian tail: Short Fuse

The cyan Pegasus spread her wings from beneath her jacket as she dashed at Nightmare Moon with all her speed. Before she even made a chance to strike Nightmare Moon teleported behind her with Rainbow Dash in shock that she got away pretty fast. However Fluttershy mustered up the strength to scream out to Rainbow Dash that she was behind her. Without looking Rainbow Dash moved her body out the way avoiding Nightmare Moon's sword from impaling her from behind her. The delay made Nightmare Moon give Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie a deathly glare. Rainbow Dash took this distraction to attack as she swung her weapon and on the verge of contact. However the Goddess of Darkness blocked the attempt and pushed the Pegasus back causing her to stagger back. Nightmare Moon swung her blade up which cut the Pegasus up her chest and sent her a few feet in the air. She was able to recover with her wings making her hover from the ground now. She immediately dove down towards her with a rainbow colored orb in her free hand and aiming it at Nightmare's abdomen. She was merely inches from getting her till something grabbed her jacket in midair. She turned around and surprised to see Nightmare Moon had made a clone of herself.

" One down." Nightmare Moon spoke as she held her blade ready to swing at Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash didn't give up that easily though. The rainbow orb that was still in her hand expanded as she held it above her. She grinned.

" Not even close." She said. The orb exploded making rainbow streaks burst everywhere with all of them inside. Fluttershy found it hard to watch hoping Rainbow Dash was still alive. Pinkie Pie was no different as she had tears coming from her eyes. They were both snapped out of that expression when they felt someone touch their shoulders. " Why are you crying?" Rainbow Dash asked from behind them. Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy turned around with happiness in their eyes. " I think we're about done with this n-" A shadow lurked behind her which made Pinkie Pie cut her off to warn her. Thankfully, the cyan Pegasus was able to react fast enough to move her body aside as her weapon and a double bladed sword created sparks as they slide past each other. That wasn't all though, Nightmare Moon was behind Rainbow Dash and grabbed her by the hood of her jacket. A purple aura surrounded Rainbow Dash which made her levitate away from her grasp and left helpless.

" You've made a big mistake at facing me Element of Loyalty. Perhaps running like your friends would of sufficed and I might have made an exception for now." She said as she reeled her sword back for a killing blow.

" Not a wise choice Nightmare." A childish female voice told her. The Goddess turned to where the voice came from to see a figure with a brown cloak and red eyes glowing from it. Nightmare Moon dropped Rainbow Dash and turned her attention to the cloaked figure, Meroshia.

" You must not know who I am if you dare to tell me what to do without hesitation." She said with her voice sounding doubled now. Meroshia merely covered her right eye as she yawned at Nightmare Moon's poor attempt at intimidation for her.

" Yeah, yeah. I know. Nightmare Moon. Your the whole poor goddess and you plan on stealing these Crystals of Harmony. First thing I want to say is that you should really not let night happen for eternity. I've got a tan I need to make under this skin I have." Meroshia said in a mocking tone. Her attitude made Nightmare Moon growl in anger as a blue aura surrounded the cloaked red eyed girl and pulled her towards the Goddess in abnormal force.

" You'll regret the day you have disrespected your new known God!" She yelled. Meroshia opened her eye revealing her eye now being purple with the pupil the shape of a wolf with three stars above it.

" No. This is the day you get the taste of your own Nightmare." Meroshia countered with a grin of her own. Unfortunately for Rainbow Dash and her friends and mostly Nightmare Moon, they caught into an illusion. In Nightmare Moon's perspective she felt the world around her turn black for a brief moment only for it to turn into a fiery yellow-orange. She couldn't escape since she could have the strength to move her body and she realized, she was trapped inside of the Sun. She looked up and gasped as Celestia gave her a cold glare as her hand was open and was ready to close.

" NOOOOO!!!" She yelled as Celestia closed her hand allowing the intense heat to cause overkill on her, or what would of. In reality she was holding her head with her hands as she was on her knees trying to break free of the her own Nightmare. Luckily, the hold of the Nightmare was severed when two shadows appeared behind her which she sensed the instant she heard. She looked away from the fallen Goddess which gave her enough time to warp away from her. Her attention now was blocking a pair of talons with the chains she was holding in her hands. But Meroshia's chains shattered at contact forcing her to do a back flip to evade at the last split second. Next was a second figure behind her with a fire covered fist aimed at her head. However Meroshia moved her body out the way and grabbed the figure's wrist and threw it's body to it's partner. Getting a clear look, Rainbow Dash was shocked then ever had been in her life at the two familiar figures Meroshia was about to face. Standing side by side was non other than Gilda her former friend and next to her who seemed to have a cocky grin on her face was her former speed rival, Lightning Dust. Both of them were wearing robes of different color. However their wings were still shown from behind allowing them to be spread.

" Missed us Rainbow Dash?" Lightning Dust asked, completely ignoring Meroshia in front of them. Rainbow Dash ran next to Meroshia with her weapon out and ready.

" Know them?" Meroshia asked her.

" Their like Ex-girlfriends in my past. Now they want to fulfill destruction." Rainbow Dash answered. Meroshia chuckled at the answer and looked at her with a smirk.

" Well welcome to the club," She paused which made Rainbow Dash look at her with a confused expression. " You get used to it." After this was said, Meroshia teleported herself in a distance away from the situation. Rainbow Dash sighed at that, but she knew she could beat them even without Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy's help. Besides, what could they have now that should surprise her? Her thoughts were broken as Lightning Dust punched directly to her abdomen and slammed her down with quick bolt of electricity when the cyan Pegasus landed hard. Apparently, it didn't hurt as much as she thought, but it did some damage after having a short yet difficult battle with Nightmare Moon.

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep soundtrack: Enter the Darkness

" Gilda, I think I can handle her. Go for her friends." Lightning Dust told the Gryphon. Gilda nodded as she flew away leaving the two former Wonderbolt Academy companions alone as Nightmare Moon was gone with frustration on her face.
Rainbow Dash jumped back to her feet and got ready once again and was alert for another attack. The amber haired Pegasus held her hands out as yellow lightning bolts shaped in her hand like blades and grabbed them. Both of them glared at each other till they both ran and crossed blades till they pushed each other back. Rainbow Dash attempted a swing from below as Lightning Dust prepared a swing with her blades shaping an X. At the same time they both were hit, but didn't back away. Black and white orbs shaped in their hands as they threw it where they stood at close range making an unstable clash of magic making an explosion making a white cloud.

They flew out the cloud wings spread with each leaving their own trail streaks. Moving at fast motions only their streaks could be the only way to know where they were as they were closing in and bouncing off of one another. The two Pegasus stopped their sonic speed attacks as they were now panting already from how much they've done in little time. Rainbow Dash was bleed on the right side of her face as her jacket was cut revealing her tank top underneath. Lightning Dust was only bleeding on her left arm which she could still use and her robe was already nearing to turn to shreds. Rainbow Dash let actions speak louder than her pain filled thoughts she wanted to say. She dashed at the opal Pegasus with speed nearing to break the sound barrier. To her shock Lightning Dust was able to read that and be able to block her attempt at her big finale.

" No. Allow me, Rainbow." She said as she was suddenly gone in a instant only to reappear above her and kick down on the top of her head then reappear behind to slice her back causing blood to spew from that. The strikes faster then the fastest flier herself was meeting her match as she was getting beat down in a intense rate till suddenly when Lightning Dust appeared behind her and Rainbow Dash was surrounded by a yellow electric orb she gasped that her big finale was on her.

" It was a nice fight, but it now it comes to an end." At that end a large yellow bolt of electricity rained down on the overwhelmed rainbow haired Pegasus forcing her straight to the ground making the ground crack and building a giant crater.

All she felt was pain. She couldn't move her body due to the electricity paralyzing her. She was laying on the ground beaten and bleeding. She couldn't believe she was defeated by someone she could of been friends with maybe. She heard footsteps and barely had the strength to turn her head seeing it was Lightning Dust who was looking down on her with no remorse in her eyes.

" Who are you? What have you done with...the Lightning Dust I knew!" She tried to yell out, but it didn't come out as loud as she thought.

" Nothing is wrong with me Rainbow Dash," Lighting Dust answered. " You brought this on yourself and you and your friends will die. I'll admit though. We did have a chance to become friends, but that moment was blown and so will your life." Lightning Dust held her blade up ready to impale the Pegasus' heart.

" See ya."

BOOOM!!!

Suddenly Lightning Dust was sent flying out the crater and back onto the surface by a heavy uppercut by a figure she couldn't she clearly. All she saw was a cowboy hat before she fainted from a loss of blood.

Author's Note:

Man, I'm starting to become slow. Well it's because I barely get computer time so sorry if you really cared about this story, I partially might doubt. Anyway I bet there are some surprises in this story you may have noticed.

1: Trixie is more powerful and cooler with no strings attached.

2: You'll learn about Spike's problem deeper in the story so bear with me till then.

3: Queen Chrysalis turned into a little filly and Max having to take care of her. Luckily she does have intellect like no other.

4: Meroshia, From how powerful she is or acts, she seems to run from battles. By the way, no she doesn't represent the masked man from Naruto or I might of brought the subject up myself.

Criticism. My spirit is telling me i need it whether it's nice or harsh. I can take it. I'm not like wrestleforever if you know who that is, no offense if your reading since you might be trying your best. Well, I guess I should get back on Metal Gear Dash since that is way more popular, huh?