• Published 12th Feb 2012
  • 2,264 Views, 27 Comments

My Little Dashie - The Adaption - BoxedSurprise



Adaption of ROBCakeran53's "My Little Dashie"

  • ...
13
 27
 2,264

Chapter 1 - Uproar

Chapter 1

Seriously I Need A Title

September 27, 2011
“Uproar”

Now able to keep my eyes open, I hastily went through my routine to see what all the fuss was about yesterday. Flicked through the channels fully dressed in the living room; Fox, CNN, the local weather channel, but I found nothing (which by now you know is as usual). Maybe at work I’ll find out, if I can make it.

Panting furiously, I clocked in with few seconds to spare. “I seriously have got to set a bedtime.” Everyone seemed fine at the store; I don’t think the storm was much of a big deal. Registers went about with their calculations, customers went about buying what they need, hooded people went about buying sacks of carrots—what? This man seemed to believe there to be a one person max policy in the vegetable section, as he left whenever someone else approached and then come back when vacant. I’m aware of those MMA fighter types that like to wear their hoodies up, but this guy seemed suspicious.

Wait a minute, loud noise in the night, suspicious man trying to be alone in a public place, maybe he’s a bomber! Or maybe not, yes—no, AGH…I’ll just ask. Maneuvering past the produce, I tapped him on the shoulder.

“Can I help you?” Funny as hell, that spooked his ass. Eyes locked (or my eyes locked to the tip of his hood), my feet together and his anxious to run, it seemed like a good minute has been stretched like taffy.

“No no, I’m fine thank you” said the customer, a bit quietly though.

“Oh okay, if you need anything, feel free to ask me or any of our employees.”

“Yeah-thanks” he said. I walked right past the customer, and after a good few feet, I turned around and saw the customer gone. Maybe he has a fat bunny that eats lots of carrots and the storm just rattled him a bit. How stupid was I? Really, like a bomber would leave a bomb in a pile of carrots. Looked at my watch and realized it was quitting time for me, so I punched my time card and left.

Houses lay vacant, children no longer plays in the fields, businesses are monotone; as much as I love walking, a new view wouldn’t hurt. How I wish I could paint over this city as my mother could paint this city over canvas. According to legend, this place wasn’t always so devoid of activity; my parents lived in those times, and only pictures that I’ve seen in old restaurants serve as the only memorials to that image. My mother and father lived happy, and wished the same for me growing up. Sadly, I cannot say I have achieved that wish of theirs.

While walking home I stopped in mid-thought when I noticed a crap load of garbage in my way. “The nerve of some people” I muttered as I picked up the scattered litter. During my younger years, I tried to do what I could for the community. I’d pick up trash when I saw it, or I’d attempt to help my neighbors. It was a losing battle; I’ve given up any hope of cleaning this city, much less my neighborhood. Now I’ll just pass the trash by, letting it blow away in the breeze or sit there and decompose. But today for some reason I felt generous, yep, something’s off today.

“Alright finished” I said, satisfied that this piece of concrete is clean, only to notice more garbage that just magically appeared. “Are you-FFFFFFFFffffff, alright, going home.” I tried, there is no point in trying anymore. People don’t change. Reluctantly dragging my feet toward home, I fished the key out of my pockets, opened the door into my last ritual of the day.

You know the drill; I unslung my bag lazily onto the floor, unzipped my jacket, pulled the silk boa constrictor from around my neck, and relaxed the laces on my boots as my ass made itself comfortable my office chair.

The internet is life’s time killer, murdering most of the night while I browsed Equestria Daily (the central station for bronies) and my deviantArt page. Fan drawings, PMVs (Pony Music Videos), fan fiction, your usual cult assortment. Like when watching an episode of My Little Pony, I felt the deep abyss in my heart looking at the bright colors on-screen. I recoil a bit at the bright colors, the joyful faces of the ponies, and the peaceful scenery of their world. It’s so hard to look at that beautiful world, having it so close to my grasp; I reach out to touch its warm colors and bright, smiling faces of the ponies. Only to be stopped by my computer screen.

“Did it again, ow my nose.” Time to turn in, I shut down the computer and went to bed. Like I said, I’m not letting ponies make late for work again. Wish I could buy a Rainbow Dash plushie so that I could, erm, cuddle with it instead of this old lion toy. Looked up Rainbow Dash plushies on Google, could only find them on ebay and you know what, they are expensive as hell! If I had one, I’d protect it for dear life, like a father shielding his child from danger, the only joy of life left in the world for him. Holding up my toy, I said, “You’ll have to do.”