• Published 21st Jul 2013
  • 25,076 Views, 831 Comments

Metro: Retribution - RF and AG



Artyom's sacrifice at D6 wasn't the last chapter of his story. A Metro/FiM crossover.

  • ...
42
 831
 25,076

Chapter 11: Nothing to Fear

We had hardly gone anywhere and already our group was cut in half. Hopefully, Yellow Gleam survived, but I couldn’t dwell on it. These caves were dangerous enough, our minds didn’t need to be elsewhere. Hopefully, we are on track now, these stairs would be horrible to climb.

Nothing to Fear

*****

Perspective: Artyom

To say that my calves were burning was putting it mildly. In my entire life I never was out of shape, the constant need to carry around a pack of some sort always made sure of that. Since the moment I joined Sparta, I only improved. They preached that idea, the idea that staying in shape would keep one alive. If we had no other chance, then we would run — at least that’s what the others did. Running from a foe was not something I enjoyed doing, there was usually another way.

Apparently, that rule did not apply in Equestria though; the only way was down. From what I had seen so far, Equestria was a paradise compared to the Metro, but there was a few things that I would never have wanted in the Metro. One of them was the amount of stairs — the others were the killer plants and being thrown into trees. I would be content to see the plants melt under a flamethrower, as well as being able to actually voice my issues with trees to Luna.

Yeah, my mind really wandered when stairs were involved. I had to focus, luckily I wasn’t the lead this time. Scow- no, Shining, had offered to take point for the time being. At first I wouldn’t have it, until he showed me that his horn could give off a nice controlled light. Much easier than having to drain batteries and pump them charged again.

“What spells you know?” I ask Shining in a hushed voice. Honestly, I never would have thought that those words would come from my mouth.

“I know a lot of spells actually, though not as many as my wife — or my sister, but I still know more than any normal unicorn.” I was honestly a little curious at what spells he knew exactly.

“What spells?” I repeated, hoping he would get the hint as to explain more.

“Well, I know multiple combat spells. Telekinetic Shot, Incendiary Shot, Crippling Effect, and Blinding just off the top of my head.” Damn. “As for defensive, I am well known for my shield spell and Cadance has taught me multiple dispelling ones. I know Teleportation to some effect as well.”

“Good, any else?” I smirked under my helmet, he might just be useful in actual combat. Also this was helping him let out the air that inflated his ego.

“A basic First Aid spell, those are tough to master. As well as the basics for any unicorn: Telekinesis and Illumination.”

I had a feeling he wasn’t saying all of them but I didn’t need to know all of the spells. Just the ones that would be useful and he had provided me with more than enough to pass that little check. Though it did catch me off guard that he had so readily given up this information. Maybe I was giving Shining a little bit too much credit.

“You do know that that information comes at a price. Right, human?” Shining said, cutting off my thoughts.

So, my assumptions got ahead of themselves. “Yes. Call me, Artyom, not human.”

I didn’t even look over to him to see if he nodded his head in consent to my request. I didn’t need to, but that wasn’t why I didn’t look. We were nearing the end of this set of stairs.

The ground floor was nothing special, just a large circular room that was as large as the stairwell itself. That being said, the stairwell was extremely wide and winded down the sides of the walls the entire way. It actually reminded me of the descending tunnel that was D6, only lacking the lifts that moved us between floors.

I was a little surprised at what seemed like a complete anti-climactic build up. All of those stairs and all we had to show for it was a door. One single door with what appeared to be a dark crystal or something above it. To me it was nothing of interest, I had gotten over all of the awe this place created. Shining on the other hand was leering at the door as if it would suddenly open up into a gaping set of teeth.

“Scared of door are you?” I said with a hint of laughter in my voice, maybe ease up his tension by allowing him to retort back.

“A little worried if anything. That looks exactly like the door that Twily had to open to get to the Crystal Heart.” He stated while glaring at the door.

Whatever he had said just sent went right over my head. The only thing I could pick up from that, is that Twilight had a pet name which I might now abuse. I looked over to him, hand on my hip and the rifle resting on my shoulder. Hopefully he would pick up on my posture and realize I had no clue on what he was speaking about.

“Never mind, a story for later perhaps.” He was becoming more and more perceptive of my posture, good on him. “Anyway, the only way to get through this door is to cast a spell that falls into the Light magic category.”

I still continued to fail to understand, maybe it was spells that were based off Celestia? It didn’t matter though, that was not a part of my worries. He was the magic user and he would have to deal with the magic related issues. I simply shrugged and looked towards the door, a faint light grew from the top of his horn as he approached the door.

“Here goes nothing,” he said under his breath, before firing a shot of light off at the gem above the door. For a world that continued to defy what I had learned of physics, I was not surprised that I could actually see the beam travel towards the gem. It connected lamely with the gem before absorbing the light into it.

Shining and I just stared at the gem, expectantly. I had no idea what was going to happen but by the look on his face, I could tell that Shining seemed to look a little disappointed in what had just occurred.

“That was a bust.”

I never did figure out if he was going to say something to me after that statement. Not like it mattered, but I did wonder. Instead, a beam of a black, purple, and green mix shot out of the crystal above the door. In retrospect I could probably have jumped away from it, since it was moving extremely slow but I seemed to be mesmerized as it hit me square in the forehead.

My legs gave out under me, arms falling limply to the side as I toppled forward onto the crystal ground. Darkness had taken me mid-fall so I didn’t feel a thing.

+++++

My head throbbed as though I had been slammed into a tree with some sort of physics defying method. Each second I laid on the ground, my head throbbed harder and harder as if it was trying to explode violently. I groaned in pain because of this, before pushing myself up to my hands and knees, eyes still closed; I think I could even feel my eyeballs. Feeling my own eyeballs is not on my list of experiences I wanted to go through.

Eventually I was kneeling on the ground, one hand still clutching my head in pain, but at least it was dissipating. I kept in that position for a couple of seconds, letting myself get used to it. This feeling was too similar to when I got run over by a train, at least Korbut wasn’t here to gloat at me when my body could only feel pain.

“Ahh, you’re awake. I hope my men weren’t too rough on you.” That voice — for fuck sakes. Why did I have to speak so soon?

I flung my eyes open despite the protests that came from such an act. The lights that were hanging above me were nearly blinding, but I could still make out enough features to at least see what room we were in.

It was the same room that the Little One and I had confronted Moskvin in. It was the same area that all politician gathered to voice their ideas and debate in public. I never knew the name for the room but I couldn’t forget it. Standing along the upper floor of the room were guards, Red Line guards. The entire upper floor was packed with them, each one armed and ready to fire on me, yet all they did was smile at me, not a single one was wearing a mask.

My gaze moved from the upper rows to the stage that was the entire focus of the room. I must have been on the ground level since it was indeed razed, the podium was roughly three meters in front of me. Why that didn’t register in my mind until then was beyond me though. The stage itself didn’t matter as much as who was striding back and forth on the stage itself.

Walking back and forth, all the while looking at me, was the man who had sought to bring the entire Metro under his gloved fist. Korbut had stopped the moment he noticed I was looking at him, an evil smirk rose on his face.

“Well, Artyom, it is good to see that you are once again in the land of the living. Though that will change soon enough.” I was simply speechless at what was going on.

I had killed him! I had turned the switch that ignited the failsafe plan that Miller devised! I had watched as everything blew up around me, not leaving anything more that debris and scorched concrete before I was also consumed in the explosions! How was this man alive?! How was I alive? Nothing made a lick of sense any more.

“It was a good attempt that you and those Ranger made. I have to give you that, but, in the end, victory fell to our side, like it was always destined to. The Red Line holds everything that it needs to unite the Metro under one banner.” He had stopped looking at me with that smirk, instead he seemed to be addressing the soldiers all around us. Cheers rose when he finished that line; it was nearly deafening.

I struggled to hold myself up, but my body felt too weak, unable to pull any more strength. I slumped forward, hands bracing myself as both of my legs were now kneeling on the floor. I didn’t look up to Korbut, how could I look him in the eye now. Рe was right, he had won and everything was lost.

“Giving up now, Artyom? I’m not surprised really, it is the only sensible thing to do. Still though — you were more than a pain in my side and you aren’t one to comply willingly. Instead, it seems that I give you a fitting reward before I put a bullet between your eyes.” He seemed to shudder a little at that statement. “Not something that I would normally do, but I feel as though you have earned that honour.”

I struggled to push myself up a little higher, to stare at him in the eyes. A mangled cough escaped my throat, followed with a little blood. My eyes steeled as I glared at him, I would not give this man any form of enjoyment, I would die on my terms. “Burn you piece of shit.”

It came off a little garbled, but easily enough for him to hear. Though this only seemed to make him smile all that brighter. “Now that! That is the reason why you are here in front of me and not already dead and rotting with the rest of those who were against me. They all begged and pleaded for their lives, asking for a chance to prove themselves. Bah! What good are people who refuse to stand on their own two feet. You, Artyom, are different. You refuse to be held down by anyone. You refuse to change who you are, and that has earned my respect.”

“We are both men of our environment, Artyom. Both men, who have been molded and shaped by the Metro to something that was made to survive. Of course there is never equals in anything. Nature is no different and the two of us proves that. If it wasn’t for me, you would have never been here. You would have lived until death takes away your last breaths while you lay peacefully on your bed. At least, this is a more noble death.”

I wanted to spit at this man, but the pain was only increasing with each breath. I couldn’t verbalize it, or even show it, but I would never agree with what he was saying. Yet I could feel some truth in his words, but that didn’t mean I was going to openly agree with him. A man like that could never be right.

“We, humans, are funny beings. We just go about the same routine each and every day, no matter what it is. That is how we built our society before we tore it down. The constant menial way that we go about our lives is a sad thing to look upon. Maybe that is why those mutants, the Dark Ones, saw us as creatures that needed to be removed. That will change though, Artyom. While our previous leaders were always content to stay stagnate and refuse to move in the only direction that we can, I have a vision for the future of this place. I have a vision that will see the Metro become something grand and desired. No longer will we have to fear the mutants that inhabit the tunnels we don’t dare to traverse.” He had since hopped off the stage and was pacing in front of me instead. I dared to look up at him, only to find that he had couched down in front of me, staring at me with his one good eye.

“Would you believe that people were always meant to follow? That there are only a select few that can truly lead? Of course, you won’t openly admit it, but you know that deep down inside that humans are nothing more than evolved sheep. Just look at your ‘friend’ Pavel! Here you had thought that he was someone you could trust, someone that would help you get home, yet all along he was just following his orders like an obedient sheep. Content in seeing the world as what I wanted him to see it as. It is a shame that you killed him though. He was excellent at following orders too. I think he might have actually thought of you as a friend at one point, Artyom. Such a shame.”

I had been holding my eyes closed, wincing at the pain I was feeling. Yet, when he stated that line, something washed through me. This whole scenario felt wrong, felt as if it wasn’t adding up. I hadn’t killed Pavel back in the Square. No, I had saved him, even going as far as to put the filter for his gas mask back on.

“Ahh, well it seems as if you are ignoring me now. That is not a polite thing to do to your hosts, Artyom. Maybe we should just get on with your punishment, hmm?” He smirked before standing up and proceeding back onto the podium. he waved his hand in a quick circle, probably to signal something.

Without a second thought, two arms reached under my own and hauled me up to a limp standing position. My legs were still reeling in pain, but I could tell that they weren’t hurting as much. Almost as if something had poured a little energy into them.

“Artyom, you see — I don’t merely intend to kill you. No, I intend to break you, before I kill you. That way is much more fun and entertaining to watch. So how about I break you by killing the one that you hold sacred to your heart.” I had no time to question what he was talking about, before two men hauled someone onto the stage.

Not just anyone — no, this person was indeed sacred to me. My eyes widened as I stared at who would be Korbut’s victim.

My mother. My mother was standing up on the stage, two guards holding her arms behind her back. That son of a bitch! How did he get to my mom?! How did he… even… wait. My mom can’t be here, she died a long time ago. Yet she was standing on the stage… it was a dream.

The whole thing was not even real. I started to remember all of the events leading up to the confrontation with Korbut. That door must have done something, something to show me this. I should have known after all those visions from the Dark Ones. Whatever it did though, I would have to ask Shining about it, but that mattered little. The tables were now turned on this figment of my imagination, I would enjoy taunting a little.

“Isn’t this just beautiful, a family reunion just before you both die! Maybe, if you are behaved, Artyom, I will even let you say your goodbyes to her! Wouldn’t that be nice?”

I gave a low chuckle. One that seemed to consume my entire body as it proceeded to grow louder and louder. I had undoubtedly taken them all by surprise. They thought that they would break me then and there but I knew something that they didn’t.

“No.” I whispered. This drew Korbut’s attention. He swiftly walked off the stage and towards me. There was a menacing glare on his face, maybe he had caught on.

“What did you say?” He seethed at me. I just laughed back at him.

“No.” I simply said back, hardly catching him off guard but nonetheless rendering him speechless. I decided that I had to elaborate. “I don’t have to, ‘Korbut.’ I said my goodbyes a long time ago so why should I say goodbye in a mere dream?”

At the single utterance of the word, the whole world dissolved. Every single person and object seemed to melt until just me and Korbut remained, standing in an endless sea of darkness. My entire body felt refreshed and restored back to how I remembered it. How I remembered it when that dark beam had zapped me into unconsciousness.

Clop

My head whipped around quickly, searching for whatever had caused that sound. Was one of the ponies in this dream as well? I quickly looked back to Korbut, not wanting him to realize I wasn’t paying attention to him.

Korbut’s face turned from sheer anger to a lesser version of contempt for me. “Fine, Artyom. You win, this was all just a dream and you are still wherever the hell you were but that doesn’t mean I’m not going to put a bullet through your head.”

I couldn’t even react before invisible arms grabbed me and pushed me down to a kneeling position once more. Another invisible hand pulled my head up until I was once more staring up at Korbut. I struggled with all of my might to break free from the invisible grip but it was useless.

Clop

There was that sound again, yet this time it was louder. Why did my face sting?

Clop

God damn that incessant sound, it was getting a little annoying now. I couldn’t move my head to search for the sound but I didn’t need to, for it was somehow coming from all around us.

As I focused back to Korbut, I noticed he had long since pulled out a revolver, the barrel pressed against my head. I hardly feared what was about to happen, since I knew it was a dream, yet I was still a little afraid of what would happen next.

“Well, Artyom. This is goodbye.” He pulled the hammer back, finger nearly visibly tightening on the trigger. “For now.”

A single loud bang erupted and I was once more thrown into sightless darkness.

+++++

My eyes slowly fluttered open, allowing for a glimmering shade of purple to seep into my sight. They hurt to open, but I was making small progress, only to be shown more purple. At least, until something connected with the side of my face.

Clop

My head was hit to my right side, as if something slapped me with a frying pan. It hardly hurt, but there was still the shock of something hitting me like that. The sound though, reminded me of something — no, someone! That was the sound that a pony’s hoof would make when they walked. That could only mean one thing.

“Stop slapping.” I groaned in a groggy voice. I was still waking up after all.

“Finally, you are awake! Picked a perfect time to go to sleep!” It sounded like he was straining hard.

I was still staring at the purple gleaming above me. It reminded me a little of the glow that came off of Shining’s horn whenever he used magic. I was about to speak up and ask him about the glow before a large piece of crystal came down on top of the glow.

Whatever the crystal was, it hit what looked like an invisible barrier. A shockwave visibly rippled through through the purple glow while a loud thud echoed through the room. All the while the crystal piece removed itself from on top of the barrier before coming back down to crash upon it once more.

“Wha-” I barely managed to get out before the crystal piece hit the barrier once again, causing the loud dull thud to reverberate once more. I glanced over to Shining, who, by the look on his face, was straining hard. His horn was glowing with that purple hue even more brightly than usual.

“You fell unconscious, a golem destroyed the door before attacking. I- hnng, I put up a shield. It hasn’t stopped.”

My eyes flew open, the weight of situation finally dawning on me. No matter how fast I tried to move my body, it felt like I had been asleep for a few days. That numbness that you feel when not enough blood flow reaches a part of your body. Eventually I made my way to a standing position, my head was maybe a third of meter from the shield itself. I had to take control of this situation, not like there was many options. In fact, I could only see one viable way.

“I got plan. Can you expand shield?” I asked, all the while running over the small parts of the plan in my head. Have Shining basically blow the shield outward, fire a Saiga shot or two to it’s face before running like hell towards the only path out of this room which didn’t involve stairs.

“What, like make it bigger? Of - hnng- course I can, but I don’t see how that helps!”

“No, I mean explode out.” I said, all the while swinging my kalash back over my shoulder. My Saiga would pack a better punch here.

“Yeah.” He managed to stammer out before he forced his eyes closed, probably due to mental strain or at least that was what it looked like.

“Good. Prepare to run. On my mark.” I had my Saiga aimed at the golem head, which wasn’t much more than a diamond shaped crystal with a glow emanating from beneath the crystal itself. What did catch my attention though, was a red crystal in the middle of its chest. Probably its heart or something but that mattered little at the moment.

I waited for the right opportunity, the moment that the golem brought it’s arms up to smash down upon the shield. With its weight in an unbalanced stance, it should be easy to topple it. The arms rose up it a very predictable way, there was no way that it wouldn’t try to bring them down upon the shield once more. At least that was my hope... as well as that the golem hardly held onto a single shred of true intellect.

As the arms reached their peaks slightly behind the golem’s head I knew it was then or never. “Now!”

With a bright flare of his magic, Shining forced the shield to expand rapidly before pushing whatever energy that went into the shield straight at the golem. There was hardly a sound from the impact, but there must have been force, for the golem teetered backward, near the point of falling.

I swiftly brought my Saiga to my shoulder before pulling the trigger in two quick successions. My arm absorbed the recoil but the golem’s face took the real force of the shots. I didn’t take time to check if the shots had actually done damaged, I just picked up my feet quickly, beginning to sprint towards the newly created hallway.

“Move!” I yelled at Shining, hoping he figured out the rest of the plan. I didn’t even bother to look over my shoulder, I could hear his hooves behind me.

At least until a massive roar shook the hallway. I was not going to stop and search for the sound, because I already knew where it came from. For having no mouth, that golem was sure loud. That just made me more anxious to dash down the hallway. Wasn’t like there were many more options than following this path, the darkness not helping me see.

Wait — I had night vision. I resisted the urge to facepalm before flicking the night vision down with one hand as I continued to run my ass down the hallway. As we kept running, we passed a turn off, but I didn’t care to follow it, for all I know it could have been a dead end. Of course, that logic also applied to the path we were following.

We didn’t stop to give it a thought, the loud and quickening thumps of the golem’s footsteps were not too far behind us. Must have scared Shining though, for with a burst of speed he launched past me. The glow off of his horn was helping him follow the path, luckily it didn’t affect the night vision too much.

Ahead of us was a sharp bend, forcing us to nearly screech to a halt before sprinting down it. We didn’t have to go very far before a different sight stopped us. By following that hallway, we had ended up in an extremely large cavern. Hell, this one was larger than the one Shining’s troops were stationed in.

“Wow.” I was actually a little bit speechless, this cavern seemed to glimmer more than ever. It even somehow took away my worries of the golem. The place must have been nearly a hundred meters long and half that wide! This was incredible!

“Artyom, over there!” Shining’s hoof prodded my leg before pointing at something. Across the cavern stood one extremely tall arch that contained swirling black and sickly green matter of some sort. The arch itself seemed to be made of large, almost perfectly cut crystals that seemed to float in place. Hell if I knew what it was, but that did not look like it was supposed to be there at all.

“What is it?” I asked as I took a few cautious steps towards it. It might have been all the way across the expansive room, but that didn’t mean I wanted to get close to that thing. Who knows what it could do, especially if a door gave me a weird vision. This whole land was starting to get on my nerves.

“It looks like a portal, not a conventional one though. There is no markings on the floor or any unicorns around to power it. There is no mistaking what it is though. The colour alone shows that.”

I turned my head to look at him, an eyebrow raised. Luckily, the helmet allowed for my eyebrows to just barely be seen. He must have felt me looking at him as his head eventually turned to face me. Shining was learning how to interpret my body language it seemed, as he picked up on what i was implying.

“I’m not as versed in magic as the Princesses or my sister, but I know that portals are only created by a high level unicorn or alicorn. They need one of two ways to power it. One way is a direct cast from said pony, but, since no one is here to power it, that is impossible. Another way is via enchanted items and diagrams on the floor. The pony would only be able to open a temporary door and this is looks like it has been going for awhile. No possible way that is what created the portal.” He stated as he took a few more steps towards the portal.

I was only a few steps behind him, I was getting a little curious myself. “What about colour?”

“Most portals are the same colour as the magic of whoever is casting them. That right there matches only one pony I know of. Sombra.” I just looked at him again, showing my lack of understanding once more. “For all we know we could be looking at a portal to a special place in Tartarus. A place where his ‘mystical army’ was banished to. Maybe this is what has been pumping out those shadow beasts, zombies, and that golem. I don’t know… this isn’t my area of expertise. We need either a scientist or a Princess.”

I smirked at that. We had eventually found our way to the source. I would be damned if I was going to leave without destroying it. I moved even closer, which put me halfway between the portal and the hallway that we had entered from. On my right was another hallway, but that hardly mattered. I was too focused on this portal.

“What are you doing? We need to get back, Cadance needs to know about this.”

“No.” I stated simply before turning around to face Shining.

“No? What do you mean?” He was genuinely confused. He was getting better at being a soldier, but that didn’t mean he understood everything yet.

“We destroy now. Finish this before too late.”

“It won’t matter if we leave and come back though! It will still be there and with more ponies it will be easier to figure out how to take it down!” He spoke fiercely.

“Leave now and might not get ‘nother chance.” I spoke before turning back to the portal. I was still standing there, waiting on his rebuke to that one.

It didn’t come though, instead a loud thud resonated around the cavern. My head turned sharply, searching the cavern for the source of the sound. There was nothing in this place aside from portal and us. There was nothing that could make tha-

THUD — THUD

There it was again, I slowly backed up until I was back to where Shining was. Both of us had our heads on a swivel, constantly searching the cavern for the source of the sound. It was then that the thought struck me. I knew what made that sound, and it was something that was mad at us.

“Back to hallway!” I shouted before turning to dash down the hallway we came from. I didn’t get a chance to enter it though. Without a second of warning, the top of entrance cracked loudly before crashing down.

I felt a tug on the back of my suit before being pulled away from the crashing crystal. I looked up from my position on the floor, to see Shining’s horn glowing, a smirk on his face. “You owe me.”

I simply looked back at the hallway we had come from. The entrance was completely blocked off by the falling crystal. Well, there went our only escape plan. I quickly pushed myself back to my feet, pulling my Saiga up to my shoulder in case something had snuck up behind us.

I wasn’t completely wrong in that thought. From out of the other hallway came that golem. The massive being slowly stepping out, the crystal legs causing those massive thuds again. Something was off though, this one was bigger and hadn’t there been only one head… oh no. Whatever had happened in the little time since we had last seen it, the thing had grown. What was once giant in itself, this thing was now easily taller than the Bear by at least three meters. If the cavern wasn’t the size that it was, this thing would never have been able to fit in here. That made me question just how big that hallway had been.

Not only was the golem larger but it’s two arms had doubled, these ones though were tipped with jagged crystals as if the arms were spears in themselves. Now it could also stab us; great, just great.

The golem moved to the center of the cavern, stopping just in the right position to block our view of the portal. I knew what this was going to be. I had enough, always fighting monstrous beasts that blocked the path to my goal, the things were just becoming tedious at that point Too many in my life and this wasn’t even the first one I had faced in Equestria. It seemed, though, it was Shining’s first.

“Fuck,” he whispered. I needed to ask him about ponies and swears. Fruity had gotten some flak for her swearing.

I put that thought to the back of my mind, now was not the time to bring that up. Instead I just stared ahead at the golem. This was not going to be my last night, there was no way I had come all this way to just die in a dark cavern at the... hands of some crystal thing. A thought popped up in my mind though.

I turned to Shining with a smirk on my face, “At least isn’t stairs.”

Author's Note:

Argh, I hate having such gaps between chapters but I just could not get the ball rolling on this one so I decided to take a little bit of time before the break and work on it over the break. Seems to have worked, yay.


Anyway, I would like to make a note of some things.
1) Shining has no clue that Twilight utilized the same type of magic... "colouring" as Sombra's.

2) Sombra's magic colour is entirely due to something that will be coming up as well as a major plot point so I'm sorry but I can't say more than that.

3) Sombra's magic wasn't always that colour...

4) Artyom's ability to tell visions apart from reality is ude to having had a lot of Dark One's intrusion. Also he is extremely strong mentally and the whole "Princess using intimidation/obidienceish spell" was extremely taxing on them.

5)Italics will be used to show sounds.

6) The alternate title for this was, "Nothing to Fear but Stairs Themselves"



Anyways... I don't think there was any Russian in this chapter... that feels odd to say the least.


Time lapse icons/Page breaks
+++++ = Dream Skips (can change perspectives)
~~~~~ = Time skips (can change perspectives)
***** = Immediate Perspective Changes
##### = Immediate Flashback


I think that is it... yeah... that's it. Oh, wait, I forgot to thank you all for reading and to thank my awesome editor and pre-readers. In that case, thank you all.