• Published 23rd May 2013
  • 1,057 Views, 14 Comments

Strained and Flexed Bridges - YukiSN



Written in a class, don't expect much. Just my own way of passing time

  • ...
4
 14
 1,057

ShadowHawks (Edited 11/7/2013)

Chapter 3 - ShadowHawk

"Stop! Let me go! Somepony! Help me!" Fluttershy screamed. The shadowy pony had grabbed her and was holding her down. Fluttershy tried screaming and kicking but to no avail - the other pony was simply too strong.
"Fluttershy! Shut up and let me talk!" the pony roared suddenly. Fluttershy instantly grew silent and her eyes began to water as she visibly shook with fear. The pony slowly got off Fluttershy, the yellow pegasus being left on the ground. Removing the dark hood, the stallion allowed his long black mane to fall down next to his light gray body. His emerald eyes met Fluttershy's and he began to talk.
"It's me… Kozak the unicorn. Remember? I saved you from some timberwolves a few years ago," the pony asked. Fluttershy stopped shaking momentarily to try and recall whatever event Kozak was trying to remind her of. Her eyes suddenly grew wide and she slowly rose to her hooves.
"Kozak? Kozak? As in, Kozak the Shadow?" Fluttershy asked softly. Kozak sighed and nodded as he slowly approached Fluttershy.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I should've recognized that pendant sooner. It's been so long that I can barely remember a thing," Fluttershy lied, making her way towards the kitchen to brew some tea. Truth be told, she was still frightened of Kozak, despite the fact that the pony had shown her compassion and sympathy in their past encounter, almost entirely due to the unicorn's profession. Kozak followed, sitting down in one of the many wooden chairs.
"It really has… How has life in Ponyville been treating you?" Kozak asked, closing his eyes and resting momentarily before a plate was hurled at his head, the disc shatter upon impact. Looking down, Kozak spotted a white bunny with an angry look on its face.
"ANGEL!" Fluttershy screamed. The white rabbit froze in fear.
"THAT WAS INCREDIBLY RUDE! APOLOGIZE NOW!" Fluttershy yelled, giving her pet the Stare before pointing at Kozak. Angel hopped over and gave Kozak his sad eyes before Kozak patted the bunny on the head.
"It's fine Fluttershy, I've had worse, remember?" Kozak sighed, suddenly falling asleep on the table. Fluttershy looked at the stallion who had fallen asleep in a beam of sunlight that shone through her stained glass window. She smiled gently before placing a blanket over Kozak's shoulders.

A knock at the door tore Fluttershy's attention away from her guest just in time for him to slip away through one of the kitchen windows. Understanding that Kozak preferred to be unseen, Fluttershy trotted over to her door, gently opening it to find her friends staring at her.
"Um… is something the matter?" Fluttershy asked, slightly nervous by the gaze that Twilight was giving her.
"Uh… is this about the slapping thing? I'm sorry Twilight… I didn't mean to," Fluttershy apologized, the gazes of her friends not leaving her for a second. The shy mare was starting to get uncomfortable before the door suddenly slammed shut and locked. A shrill scream echoed through the house.

--------------------XXX--------------------

"Fluttershy!" Rainbow Dash yelled, trying to ram the door down only to be flung back by some sort of magical force field. Twilight tried her hoof at it with her own magic but alas her attempt was in vain. The ponies could hear Fluttershy's screams from inside along with the sounds of things breaking and being smashed to bits.
"Hold on Shy! We're doin' our best!" Applejack yelled, bucking the door with all her might and receiving the same results as Rainbow Dash.
"Move it!" a gruff voice yelled. Eyes fell backwards as Kozak was charging a spell with his horn. Soon a black orb crackling with purple electricity formed before Kozak. With a loud roar, the stallion hurled the ball towards the door, smashing it down. The other ponies quickly rushed inside, searching for the source of harm but found nothing.

The inside of Fluttershy's cottage looked like a natural disaster had ripped through. Her couch was flipped over, pictures were broken, tables and chairs laid in pieces on the floor while shards of glass added a painful glitter to the already destructive scene. To the yellow pegasus's friends horror, blood was also present, the black liquid oozing down the wooden walls or splattered on the floor and staining glass.
"FLUTTERSHY!" Rainbow Dash yelled, quickly zooming upstairs to search for her friend. Twilight and Rarity began using their magic to turn over furniture or move the debris while Pinkie Pie and Applejack continued searching the rest of the cottage.
"Guys! I found her!" Applejack yelled, her voice echoing from the darkness of Fluttershy's cellar.

Flocking down to the cold lower level, the other ponies searched for Applejack in the darkness. Unable to see, Twilight and Rarity began using their magic as a makeshift lantern to guide the other ponies. To everypony's surprise, Fluttershy's cellar was massive, though the majority of it being used to store food for her animal friends along with medical supplies.
"Shy!" Rainbow Dash yelled, her eyes darting around what limited visibility she had.
"Over here ya'll! Hurry! I can't see a darn thing in front of me!" Applejack hollered, the sound of her hooves clopping against the tiled floor. Twilight strained her magic, trying to increase the overall radius of light her horn was emitting, but to no avail, the cellar seemed to have some sort of magic suppressant.
"Why does her cellar make me strain to use magic? That can't be Fluttershy's doing… unless…" Twilight wondered before images of the pony who broke down the door flashed through her mind.

"Twilight! I found them!" Rarity yelled, snapping the lavender unicorn out of her thoughts. Rarity had found Applejack and Fluttershy in a corner, the orange farm girl holding the yellow pegasus close while gently singing to calm the frightened mare. Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie quickly ran over, Rainbow Dash glaring through the darkness in case anything or anypony else tried to harm Fluttershy. Pinkie Pie was also guarding Fluttershy, though she decided to take it a step further by bringing out her party cannon and threatening to blast anypony who tried to deal further damage. Rarity and Twilight galloped towards their friends, Rarity gently pulling Applejack aside while Twilight assessed Fluttershy's injuries.

"Her right wing is broken, there's shards of glass embedded into her body, it looks like she sprained her back left hoof, her right front hoof is obviously broken!" Twilight gasped. Rainbow Dash turned, worry and hurt in her magenta eyes as they fell upon the whimpering yellow pegasus. Twilight continued to examine Fluttershy's injuries, now using her magic to determine whether or not her condition was critical. A moment passed before Twilight's eyes widened.
"HURRY! WE'VE GOT TO GET HER TO A HOSPITAL!" she yelled, Rarity running ahead to light the way while Applejack barreled through any obstacle in her path. Pinkie Pie gently placed the injured pegasus on Rainbow Dash's back, the flier galloping towards Rarity's light. Twilight quickly followed suite, Pinkie Pie in the back with her party cannon in case anypony tried to attack them.

"What's going on Twilight?" Rainbow Dash yelled.
"She has internal bleeding! Her lungs have been punctured!" Twilight hollered, the lavender mare picking up speed before her horn began to glow brightly.
"What are you going to do Twilight?" Rarity exclaimed, noticing the unicorn's glowing horn. Before Twilight could respond, a bright light engulfed the six ponies. Fluttershy had regained conscious momentarily from being bounced up and down and the voices yelling around her. Her eyes cracked open just long enough to see a bright white light and the yells of her friends. Looking behind the cyan pegasus, she saw a shadow move in the darkness.
"Kozak…" she murmured, feeling herself beginning to lose conscious once again. Before she fell into the black void a lone voice echoed in her ear, crystal clear.
"I'm right here."

--------------------XXX--------------------

Fluttershy woke up, violently shivering and coughing harshly. Looking around, expecting to see her friends, she could only see the clear blue skies and the fluffy white clouds that she stood upon.
"What? Where am I?" she whimpered, her eyes darting around in search of another life form. Turning her attention down towards the fluffy cloud, she began to try to dig through only to have it spring back at her.
"Hello?!" Fluttershy yelled, her voice echoing in the distance, only to be heard by her. A minute passed. Then five more. Soon an hour. Where was everypony? Suddenly, a deep voice boomed through the sky, startling the yellow mare.
"FLUTTERSHY, ELEMENT OF KINDNESS, I HAVE SUMMONED YOU HERE FOR A REASON," the voice roared. By now, the animal caretaker had taken refuge behind her own hooves, not very useful against whoever was calling her.
"WAR IS COMING TO EQUESTRIA, EVEN AS WE SPEAK." Fluttershy peeked between her hooves, the thought of war terrifying her more than a cockatrice, a manticore, or even a dragon.

"W-w-war?" she squeaked, now standing on all four hooves.
"YES. EVEN NOW, THE CHANGELING ARMIES ARE AMASSING IN THE WEST. CELESTIA REMAINS OBLIVIOUS TO THE IMPEDING DISASTER. THE PEGASI WILL BE HELPLESS AGAINST THE HOARD AND PONY BLOOD WILL FLOOD THE ONCE BEAUTIFUL PLAINS OF EQUESTRIA."
"B-b-b-but why tell me this?" Fluttershy asked, worried and scared about the fate of her and everypony she loved.
"CELESTIA HAS ALMOST COMPLETELY ELIMINATED THE STALKER ORGANIZATION. THOSE WHO REMAIN ARE THE ONLY HOPE FOR VICTORY. AND SHE SHALL CONTINUE HER SLAUGHTER WITH KOZAK OR, AS ONLY HE AND CELESTIA KNOW HIM AS, SVEN THE CURSED ONE. BE WARY, FOR OTHERS ARE FORBIDDEN TO UTTER HIS TRUE NAME."

"His true name?" Fluttershy asked, seriously confused if the voice was talking about a different pony.
"SVEN WAS ONCE A PONY OF CANTERLOT, REPORTED KIA DURING A SKIRMISH WITH THE CHANGELING ARMY MANY YEARS AGO. HE WAS LATER REPORTED TO HAVE BEEN SPOTTED IN VARIOUS CITIES SUCH AS MANEHATTAN AND DETROT. FALSE RUMORS WERE SPREAD OF HIM BEING A TRAITOR TO THE THRONE AND CELESTIA WANTED HIM BROUGHT TO JUSTICE. HE WAS RUNNING FROM A PATROL OF GUARDS WHEN HE FELL INTO A HOLE IN THE FORESTS OF TROTTINGHAM. WHEN HE CAME TWO HE FOUND HIMSELF TIED TO A CHAIR WITH STALKERS INTEROGATING HIM. AFTER HEARING HIS STORY, THEY ALLOWED HIM TO JOIN, AFTER HE SWORE AN OATH TO ABANDON THE THRONE'S PUPPETRY," the voice boomed.

Fluttershy was frozen in shock. Sven, or Kozak, was reported to be KIA? He was hunted by Princess Celestia, all because of some dumb rumor? He swore an oath just like that to a group of ponies that he didn't even know? Fluttershy quickly snapped out of her thoughts as the voice continued to talk.
"CONFRONT CELESTIA WHEN YOU AWAKEN, SHE WILL REFUSE AT FIRST BUT PRESS HER. ONCE SHE CAVES, CALL SVEN TO THE THRONE."
"But you said that Celestia will kill Sven!" Fluttershy protested, now extremely confused whether or not the booming voice wanted Sven to live or die.

"SVEN HAS HIS OWN PERSONAL TEAM, KNOWN ONLY TO THE ROYALITY OF CANTERLOT AS SHADOWHAWK. UNKNOWN TO MOST CANTERLOT AND EQUESTRIAN PONIES, THEY WERE RESPONSIBLE FOR EASING TENSIONS AND CRUSHING REVOLUTIONS IN THE DRAGON KINGDOM. BARRIERS WERE RISING BETWEEN EQUESTRIA AND THE DRAGON KINGDOM, THE DRAGON KING VAAL DUROTHIL BEING TOLD THAT PONIES WERE THE CAUSE OF A BREWING UPRISING IN HIS KINGDOM. THE SHADOWHAWKS WERE DISPATCHED TO SHOW A SIGN OF PEACE AND TO ASSURE VAAL THAT PONIES WERE NOT THE CAUSE OF THE UPRISING AND THAT THEY WOULD PUT DOWN THEIR OWN TO PROVE IT. NOW, DEMAND SAFETY FOR THEM AND ONCE GIVEN, SUMMON SVEN TO YOUR SIDE AND ORDER HIM TO CALL THE SHADOWHAWK."

"And what happens if Celestia goes back on her promise?" Fluttershy asked, worried about the out come. A shining crystal, emitting emerald green light suddenly floated down from the sky and hovered before the mare.
"GIVE HER THIS AND IT WILL REVEAL THE OUTCOME OF SHE CHOOSES TO ELIMINATE THE STALKERS. FOR THEY HAVE POSSESSION OF A FORBIDDEN MAGIC THAT CAN TURN THE TIDE OF WAR," the voice boomed, now beginning to fade away in the distance.
"Wait! I still don't know what's going on!" Fluttershy cried out, galloping blindly atop of the clouds.

"MY CHILD, TELL CELESTIA THAT STAR SWIRL THE BEARDED SENDS HIS REGARDS." Fluttershy came screeching to a halt, the voice lost and the sound of her heartbeat echoing across the clouds. Silence hung in the air for what seemed like an eternity before the clouds suddenly vanished. Looking down in fright, Fluttershy saw the war torn lands of Equestria, the ground soaked in blood and the bodies of dead innocent ponies scattered about. Her eyes suddenly locked onto the bodies of a lavender bookworm, a cyan pegasus, an orange farm girl, a pink party animal, and an alabaster fashionista, their bodies soaked in blood. The five slowly struggled to their hooves, Changelings surrounding them and closing in.

With a final roar, the cyan pegasus flew into the Changelings, the black little demons leaping on top of her and beginning to cut her up. The pegasus screamed in pain before a razor sharp set of claws ripped across her throat, killing her while the others began to feast on her corpse. The alabaster fashionista was grabbed from behind, dragged to her fate beneath a shady tree as her screams rang through the air and blood flew freely, pooling into puddles on the once green field. The farm girl was making a stand, bucking her hind legs as fast as she could at the rapidly approaching Changelings before they jumped on her, pinning her to the ground before clawing at her sides and hooves. The lavender bookworm was struggling to fire off her magic, not noticing three Changelings sneaking up behind her when all of a sudden, two leapt on her, gouging her eyes, as the third smashed its claws into her neck. The party animal was aiming a cannon, firing as quickly as possible before she was forcefully picked up and pinned to the front of the cannon. A Changeling ran to the back, lighting the fuse and blowing the pink pony's head clean off.

"No… no… no… Noooo!" Fluttershy screamed, noting how rapidly the ground was getting closer. She saw the Changelings look up and grin at her, blood dripping from their teeth. To her horror, the black demons suddenly began to congeal and connect together, a giant head of a Changeling staring her down before opening it's colossal mouth, rows of razor sharp teeth awaiting the yellow mare. Fluttershy felt a sharp pain, heard a snap, then everything went black.

--------------------XXX--------------------

"You think she'll be okay?"
"I don't know dear, I hope so."
"Why, I got everything in my right mind set on kickin' the stuffing outta whoever in tarnation did this!"
"Applejack, I don't think violence will help Fluttershy. We just have to hope that she'll pull through."
"Oh! A party when she wakes up!"
"NO!"

Fluttershy could hear the voices of her friends. She could hear the voices of her friends! She wasn't dead! Her eyes struggled to open, but slowly and surely, they did.
"She's awake!" Rainbow Dash yelled, tears of happiness flowing freely.
"Oh, 'Shy, I was so worried!" Applejack sighed in relief, hugging Fluttershy gently.
"Dear! Are you alright?" Rarity asked, worry still in her eyes but a soft smile on her lips.
"PARRRRTAY!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed, Twilight quickly stepping in to stop her.
"Hehe. Hey Fluttershy, you feeling any better?" Twilight asked, smiling at the yellow mare. Fluttershy's eyes darted around, quickly observing her surroundings. She found herself lying on a silk white mattress with warm cotton blankets. To her left was a cardiac monitor and in her left hoof was a needle feeding something through an IV tube. A bright white light hung over the bed, while silhouettes of ponies walking back and forth appeared on a tinted door.
"Where am I?" Fluttershy asked, trying to sit up only to have Rarity gently push her back down.

"You're in Canterlot's Royal Hospital, usually used for wounded guards and reconnaissance teams," Twilight informed, Shining Armor suddenly making an appearance.
"Hey! Fluttershy you're awake! Good to see you, your friends were so worried about you that they refused to leave your side all this time!" Shining Armor smiled.
"I'll go get the Princess," he added, turning and leaving the room.
"What did he mean by 'all this time'? How long have I been out?" Fluttershy asked.
"Sugarcube, you've been out cold for about six days," Applejack spoke, expecting to see panic in the animal caregiver's eyes. She knew how much Fluttershy cared for her animal friends and would be worried sick knowing that they were unattended to for so long. Sure enough, Fluttershy began to panic.
"Calm down Shy! The Princess sent some of her personal animal caretakers to watch over them for you," Rainbow Dash assured, slightly calming Fluttershy.

"Dearie, what in the name of Luna is that?" Rarity asked, pointing to something resting on Fluttershy's chest. Looking down, Fluttershy slowly picked up the green crystal that was given to her in her dream. Before she had a chance to reply, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna made their appearance.
"Fluttershy," Princess Luna greeted, bowing her head before turning to her sister.
"Ah, Element of Kindness Fluttershy! So good to see that you're awake finally. I assure you, we're hunting down the savages who harmed you as we speak," Celestia spoke, her eyes never leaving Fluttershy's.
"Um… Princess, I actually wanted to tell you something…" Fluttershy stuttered, Princess Luna and Celestia raising an eyebrow.
"I have a Stalker friend," Fluttershy finally spoke.

--------------------XXX--------------------

"Aachoo!" Sven sneezed, shaking the branch that he had been resting on.
"Hmm… I feel like somepony is talking about me…"

--------------------XXX--------------------

"A Stalker… FRIEND?!" Celestia yelled, the news not surprising her but anger still flaring in her eyes. Fluttershy cowered at the sight of Princess Celestia genuinely angry. It took both Princess Luna and Twilight about five minutes to calm down the enraged princess before she took a deep breath and turned to Fluttershy.
"Now Fluttershy, I assure you, Stalkers are bad news and you'll only end up getting hurt by them," Princess Celestia scolded. To her surprise, Fluttershy stood her ground.
"I need your word that if I summon him that he will not be harmed nor persecuted!" Fluttershy demanded.
"What?!" Princess Celestia gasped, the mentioning of a Stalker, yet alone the thought of a Stalker in her castle shocking the princess.
"Star Swirl the Bearded spoke to me in a vision. War is brewing between Equestria and the Changelings and the Stalkers are the only ones who can save us! If you kill them all the Equestria will fall!" Fluttershy yelled, suddenly feeling courage welling up in her heart. She rose from her bed, staring Princess Celestia and Princess Luna in the eye.
"I need your word! If you don't believe me, here! Star Swirl the Bearded gave it to me through my vision. Please! Trust me!" Fluttershy exclaimed, thrusting the green crystal towards the princesses.

The two did nothing, not one of them even raising a hoof to touch the crystal.
"FOR BUCKS SAKE! I NEED YOUR WORD AND THIS IS PROOF THAT I'M NOT CRAZY!" the yellow mare yelled, her cheeks flushed red and anger burning in her eyes. Hesitantly, Princess Luna extended her hoof, touching the crystal only to have what Fluttershy saw flash through her mind. She quickly retracted her hoof, screaming in horror before running out of the room. Princess Celestia now was even more sure that she should have Fluttershy locked up or even exiled. She sighed, touching the emerald and receiving the same result that Fluttershy and her sister experienced. She gasped, her eyes now locked on the stone and on Fluttershy.
"Well?" Fluttershy asked, a hint of annoyance in her voice.
"Call your friend. We've got work to do," Princess Celestia replied, turning and leaving the room.

--------------------XXX--------------------

Sven rested comfortably in one of the many trees that resided in the Everfree Forest, listening to the sound of wind blowing through the branches and leaves. The smell of nature filled his nose while a calm and serene feeling washed over him.
"Life is good," he muttered, flipping his hood down to let the sun shine on his face.
"No conflict, no assassinations, nothing but rest, a beautiful day, and an encounter with an old friend," Sven sighed, a soft smile slowly growing on his lips. His bliss was cut short as a familiar sound floated through the wind. A soft voice whispered through the leaves and gently shook the trees.
"Fluttershy?" Sven wondered aloud, the songs of birds changing dramatically, their sweet melodies suddenly turning sad. Turning his gaze up towards the mountains, Sven's eyes could only stare at the once welcoming city of Canterlot.
"Well buck…"

--------------------XXX--------------------

"I'm confused," Twilight muttered, "so what you're saying is that this voice in your head told you that war is coming and that we should put our trust in a group of rogues?" Fluttershy sighed in frustration, Twilight seemed to always have a way of making situations and solutions sound negative.
"Um, Twilight. I know you don't trust them, but you have to trust me on this. I know them. They're not something you can look up in a textbook or research through ancient scripts and scrolls. They're ponies just like you and I but they serve a different purpose," the yellow mare replied, her voice full of confidence. Twilight sighed, it seemed that she was the only one in the group who had doubts about these Stalker ponies and was the only one who cared to consider the liability that they would turn or in fact just be planning to overthrow her mentor.
"Come on Twilight! She's explained this about a thousand times by now!" Rainbow Dash groaned in exhaustion.
"Actually only about fifteen…" Fluttershy corrected, hiding behind her mane.
"Whatever!" the cyan mare gasped, exasperated with the lavender unicorn's investigation.

"Alright sugarcube, we'll give this Stalker fellow a chance. But if he harms you, I swear I'll whoop his behind lickety split!" Applejack assured.
"So, where is this Kozak?" Rarity asked, Fluttershy looking around.
"He's probably on his way. Either that or he's here now. He hates Canterlot, always told me that it was too stuck up for his taste. As he would say, "Who the buck wants to hear about your bucking trip the art museum?!"" Fluttershy giggled, her friends staring at her for swearing, even if it was just quoting somepony.
"Well, you got one part right," Sven chuckled, slowly walking into the throne room, his hooves barely making an audible sound as he proceeded on the marble floor.
"Kozak!" Fluttershy squealed, remembering what Star Swirl the bearded had told her about uttering his true name as she galloped over to give the stallion a hug. After a few minutes of hugging and catching up. Sven's attention turned to the five ponies behind his yellow mare friend.
"And these are?" he asked, curious of all five ponies who stared back at him with equal interest.

"These are my best friends. This is Twilight Sparkle, she's Celestia's protégée. This is Rarity, she's Ponyville's fashionista and an amazing designer. This is Rainbow Dash, my only friend from flight school, she's a daredevil and the fastest flier I know. This is Applejack, she works at Sweet Apple Acres and is a great friend to go to for comforting. And this is Pinkie Pie, she's the local party pony, throwing the best parties and always bringing a smile to everypony's face!" Fluttershy exclaimed, looking at her friends with a proud smile.
"I see," Sven replied, a soft smile forming behind his hood.
"As do I Stalker," Princess Celestia's voice boomed from behind the throne's doors. The bright red doors flew open and fifty royal guards poured into the brightly lit room. Their gold armor shone brightly while their spears glimmered with the sun's rays. The guards surrounded Sven, their spears pointed aggressively.
"You promised!" Fluttershy yelled, trying to push through the circle only to receive an aggressive bash to her side from the butt of a spear. The caretaker dropped to momentarily, coughing while the feel of pain raced through her body.

"'Shy!" Sven roared, vanishing suddenly and reappearing next to Fluttershy. Fluttershy coughed harshly, the blow doing a considerable amount of damage to her fragile body.
"What the hay do you want?" Sven growled, glaring directly at Princess Celestia.
"I see… Royal Guards, stand down," Princess Celestia ordered, the guards lowering their spears. Sven still remained on guard, his eyes never leaving Princess Celestia's gaze.
"Stalker! Your acquaintance Fluttershy, Element of Kindness, has vouched for your loyalty. I would assume that you with your knowledge would know about the predicament that is looming over all of Equestria?" Princess Celestia asked, mockery and sarcasm laced in her words.
"Depends. Are we talking about the soup being too cold, or are we talking about somepony's dress not matching their tiara?" Sven replied venomously. Princess Celestia frowned, anger beginning to boil within her but recalling her promise to Fluttershy, she regained her composure.

"I know we didn't end up on good terms the last time we met, but we need the Stalker's help, and especially the ShadowHawks," Princess Celestia sighed.
"Yeah, we really didn't. Why would royalty such as yourself require a scoundrel's help? Aren't the royal guards enough to protect Canterlot?" Sven asked, genuine curiosity in his voice. Princess Celestia shook her head.
"Sadly, information from Star Swirl the Bearded, via Fluttershy, tells us that our guards are not enough. The army is vast but they are still vulnerable. While I cannot send any soldiers out of Equestria for the fear of starting the war early, we need an army that has no affiliations but works on their own," Princess Celestia explained, leading Sven on the six mares to the royal council room.
"But Celestia, you've wiped out most of the Stalkers, excluding my squad and a few others. And I have many doubts that the other Stalkers will listen to your request after our previous discourse," Sven spoke, Princess Celestia's eyes widening slightly.

"I assume that is true… But your squad, they'll listen to you. You can convince them, can you not?" Princess Celestia asked hopefully. Sven and Princess Celestia continued discussing the issues between the Equestrian Army and the dwindling Stalker organization, their subjects ranging from issues such as mass slaughter to precision assassination. The six mares continued to listen to the two, though there was something that was still bothering Rainbow Dash; Fluttershy. Her arguments with her mother still echoed in her conscious and the fact that Sven had reappeared and Fluttershy's secret friendship with the pony continued to gnaw at Rainbow Dash until she finally couldn't restrain herself.

"Now wait just a minute! I understand that this is all important and stuff, but there's something I think we all want to know," Rainbow Dash suddenly interrupted. Princess Celestia and Sven's conversation halted, their attention now turned towards the cyan pegasus whose attention was focused on Fluttershy.
"'Shy, I've known you since flight school and I've stuck with you through thick and thin. But before this guy came along, you were just dandy trotting around and chatting it up with a squirrel or a bunny. But since you found that pendant on your chest in the hospital room, you went back to being a scared filly like in flight school. And I think I speak for all the other ponies here when I ask, what happened to you?" Rainbow Dash spoke softly, hoping not to scare the shy pegasus.

"As much as I would love to hear this story Rainbow Dash, I believe we have more pressing matters at hand," Princess Celestia sighed, surprised at Fluttershy suddenly taking initiative and holding up a hoof.
"No… they're right. They deserve to know something," she sighed, shaking slightly. Sven placed a comforting hoof on Fluttershy's shoulder while the yellow mare took a deep breath. However, her speech was cut short as a royal guard burst into the room, galloping towards Princess Celestia.
"Princess! Princess! Four… Stalkers… Canterlot…" the guard gasped, struggling for breath. Princess Celestia's eyes widened, her gaze turned towards Sven who moved towards the window, his eyes scanning the streets for any signs of the claimed assailants. His eyes suddenly locked onto four other ponies walking casually towards the castle, all cloaked in black like himself. A single word slipped from the stallion's lips as the four ponies turned their attention towards the window where Sven stood.
"ShadowHawks…"

--------------------XXX--------------------

"Let us in."
"No."
"Let us in."
"No!"
"Let us in."
"NO!"
"Let us in."
"SHUT THE BUCK UP!"

The yelling between the guards and monotone voices of the ShadowHawks echoed through the royal chambers, Princess Celestia, the Elements of Harmony, and Sven galloping towards the source.
"What are they doing here?" Sven grumbled, catching Rainbow Dash's attention.
"The more the merrier?" she chuckled, receiving a glare from Sven.
"That only works when the odds are against us," he spat, picking up speed and roaring past Rainbow Dash. Eventually Sven reached the main gates, ordering the guards to open the red doors to reveal the four ponies.
"Kozak."
"I see."
"Situation has changed drastically hasn't it?"
"Hungry."
"Hello to you too," Sven chuckled, leading the four ponies inside, just as Princess Celestia and the others caught up.
"Princess."
"Banished."
"Betrayal."
"Hungry."
"Oh shut up!" Sven groaned, facehoofing in mild frustration.

"I see, well why don't we all get lunch then?" Princess Celestia asked, trying to be friendly despite the hidden stares of the new four ponies. The four turned to Sven who nodded; they followed suite. The ponies made their way to the dinning room, a deathly silence hung in the air. Princess Celestia could still feel the stares of the new four ponies on her at all times, even after the chefs had delivered the food.
"You must have traveled far. Speak in the common tongue now, allow our hosts knowledge to what we speak," Sven ordered, the other four nodding.
"Indeed, all of us traveled far when our scouts reported your departure to Canterlot," one of the ponies spoke.
"State aliases and show faces, hide marks," Sven ordered, the ponies obeying.
"Aurora," the first pony announced, removing her hood to reveal her warm amber yellow eyes which presented well with her yellow mane and light grey coat.
"A unicorn," Twilight made a mental note upon noticing Aurora's horn.
"Strings," the second pony spoke, revealing his sharp grey eyes, short dark brown mane and light brown coat. Rainbow Dash was doing her best not to laugh at the stallion's name while observing the black violin case that was balanced on his back.
"Archimedes," the third pony reported, removing his hood to show his bored emerald eye, long silky black mane and grey coat. Applejack took a mental note of the long scar that streaked across his right eye and the black eye patch that covered it. She also noted a black hat, similar to her own, hanging over the pony's side.
"Vex," the final pony stated, exposing her light blue eyes, dark purple mane and snow white coat. Turning to face Princess Celestia and the Elements of Harmony. The four ponies bowed their heads.
"ShadowHawks at your service."