• Published 20th May 2013
  • 1,034 Views, 3 Comments

Luna's Mod - Okhlahoma Beat-Down



Luna makes a game, then plays it. Then more things happen. This will be so bad.

  • ...
2
 3
 1,034

L-Mod V1

Luna stretched her back out, clicking a few bones in a pulse of minor orgasmic pleasure. Of course, she had...things, shall we say, that allowed her more than a pulse of pleasure, but those were neatly pushed under her bed. She was sat in front of her computer, a sleek, deep blue box with a glowing white crescent moon emblazoned on the front, wired up to a custom keyboard and mouse, and an HD monitor that showed her Steam account.

'Everypony's Favourite Moon Goddess' was her name, and almost every single game available to buy on Steam was her game. Except 'War-ZP', because that was positively cruel to even have been put on sale. However, her vast library of thousands of games, all rated, categorised, and past 24 hours each, had been played. She frowned, and looked at her friends list with a click, and brought up a small window.

2,584,214 online, 4261 looking to play, 1,256,153 in-ga...

She didn't bother to click the 'Show More' button, because that would more than likely fill her whole screen with a list of exactly how many ponies were doing exactly what. However, Luna knew there wasn't just ponies on that list.

She was the one who had figured out the way of linking through universes and dimensions, to another race that was pretty much the same as Equestria and Ponykind. Their race even had a huge following of a TV show depicting Equestrian life, how weird is that? Many of them were sceptical of whether she was the real Princess Luna 'from the show', as they put it, but after opening Skype chats with a few of them, they knew the truth. They had their own category on her friends list as well, which was at the very top of it.

My little Bronies (4 online)

Luna smiled, and turned on her headset. She figured she could keep herself entertained a while longer. After all, she wasn't 'mature' enough to help run Equestria, except maybe the odd passing of a law.

"Hmm..." Luna thought quietly, looking at the 4 that were playing a game. "Let's see...FreeMan, playing Team Fortress 2...hammerjack, Team Fortress 2, no surprises there...Face McShooty II, doing nothing. Alright, let's see if he wants a chat, then." Luna's mouse, gripped in a magical blue aura, moved to click on the menu beside the name of her human friend. 'Send Message' was already highlighted when the menu opened, so it was a simple click that opened yet ANOTHER window. It was a simple affair, telling her never to share her password with anypony, and a small type bar at the bottom. In the middle was a list of all the things they'd ever said to each other. Jokingly flirty comments, links to YouTube videos, and other things filled the box after a few seconds. Smiling at the memories, the Princess clicked on the type box.

'sup, My little British Brony. she typed, then hit enter. Seconds later, there was a reply.

Face Mcshooty II: Hey Lulu. Want me to turn my mic on?

Luna smiled, and made sure hers was on.

Everypony's Favourite Moon Goddess: You read my mind, Face. The sound of a phone ringing was heard, and at the top of the chat box there was the option to answer the call, or decline it. Of course, wanting good conversation, she answered. A moment of silence passed, with a male voice stuttering into life over her headphones, before smoothing itself out again.

"Sup Princess." Face said calmly over the microphone.

"Hey Face." she replied. "You bored too?"

"Aye." answered the young man. "Wanna play a game?"

"Alright, what is there?"

"Ehm...Team Fortress 2?"

"Nah."

"Counter Strike Source?"

"Mmmm...tempting...what else?"

"Ehhh, Moonbase Alpha?" chuckled Face.

"Oh, hilarious. Need I remind you how easy it would be to teleport you here, buck you in your wedding vegetables, then send you back?"

"Alright, alright, I know you're scared of the little girl, jeez. Well, anyway. Errr...Alien Swarm?"

"Think the servers'll be working?"

"Probably not, good point. What about Garry's Mod?" Luna paused. Garry's Mod?

"Excuse me? Garry's Mod?" asked Luna, flivking through her entire games library.

"W-Well, yeah. Garry's Mod? You haven't got it?" Face replied through the microphone. "Try looking it up. You can reach Earth's internet, right?"

"Yeah, lemme look." Luna opened a new internet tab, which lead her to her Google homepage. "Ga-rry's-Mod." Luan hit enter after typing. In a few seconds, the screen had filled with results, with many YouTube videos titled 'The GMod Idiot Box', followed by an episode number. "The GMod idiot box?"

"Yeah, it's a bunch of comedy sketches some guy made on Garry's Mod." Face replied. "They're pretty stupid, you should watch them to see the things you can do in the game. Take a look, and I'll link you to a few screenshots I've made in the game." Luna obliged, while she waited for the internet to load the pages with the videos on, the corner of her screen received a link to Face McShooty's Screenshots. I bet these are pretty stupid.

----------------------------

"Wow." Luna whistled, looking at the image of the RED Spy being hunted by hundreds of BLU Pyros. "These are impressive."

"Yeah, I know." Face replied smugly. "It's been around for a while, have you not seen it on the store?"

"No, I haven't." Luna sighed. "I looked it up on the store a few minutes ago, and it isn't there. Maybe it can't make it across the dimension gap?"

"Maybe..." Face suddenly gasped in realisation. "Or, what if it's waiting for Everypony's Favourite Moon Goddess to use her skills to create it?" Luna was speechless, and sat with a confused 'WTF is that supposed to mean?' expression on her face.

"...what." she asked quietly.

"What I'm saying is, that if you managed to design PhotoStore 8 for Equestrian PC's, why not try your hoof at designing a game?" Face asked. "...Hello? Face to Luna? Do I need to come over and give you the Kiss of Life?"

"No, no, I'm fine...it's just I don't think I could figure it out alone." Luna sighed, shifting in her seat uncomfortably. "Did this 'Garry' person who created the game have help?"

"Of course! He had Facepunch studios helping to create GMod thirteen. Why not enlist, like, Twilight's help? After all, neither of you have Royal duties to fulfil, I assume?"

"I suppose. Well, it's worth a shot if it means I have something to do." Luna smiled. "Thanks Face, I owe you a £100 voucher."

"Wait, wha-"

Ka-Klick.

-------------------

Luna almost felt bad for hanging up on him, but his reward was on its way, so she assumed £100 was worth about 2 Mann Co. Keys. Those were 2 bits each, and she wasn't sure about the exchange rate, but she was hopeful he would get something good in the summer sales. Until then, she had buisness to attend to. Said buisness was calling up Twilight to see if she wasn't busy.

---------------------

Twilight's avatar, a human soldier in desert camoflage, ran over the dunes, before diving into a nearby bunker. There was an almighty bang, and a large explosion smashed the side of the building open. Through the smoke, a tank rolled in like it owned the place, the gunner spraying bullets everywhere as the artillery cannon followed a small jeep driving through the middle. Twilight wasn't sure why there was 10 packs of C4 all over it, but she knew Banzaii knew what he was doing. He jumped out, rammed the small jeep into the tank, before pressing the detonator on the C4. The whole building collapsed, killing the tank, Twilight, Banzaii, and a group of other players.

"Oh, Banzaii..." Twilight giggled. "You really love doing that." Just then, the corner of Twilight's screen popped up with a message.

Everypony's Favourite Moon Goddess wants to start a voice chat.

It must have been important, so Twilight instinctively answered.

"Yes, Luna?" Twilight began.

"Twilight, what are you doing tonight?" Luna asked quickly. A few dirty thoughts of what this was about flashed into Twilight's head, before she replied.

"Well, nothing, I don't think. Why?" she replied.

"OK, good. You know Face McShooty II, right?"

"Yes, he's a good friend of mine."

"Well, we were trying to find games to play, and he said somethig called 'Garry's Mod'. I know you're already looking this up, so I'll get right to the point. It isn't available in Equestria, so I plan to make a version that is."

"Wait, you want to make a game?"

"Yes, that's the plan, at least."

"Well, count me in!"

"You're aboard? Nice! Meet me in my chambers, and we can start work tonight. Sound good?"

"Yeah, sure. Do you want any human help?"

"...maybe later on, if we're struggling, but we'll be fine, I know we will."

--------------------

"Hmm...-hic-this is harder than I thought." Luna slurred.

"Yes, it is. Let's both try harder. -hic-" Twilight giggled in reply, slouching over the table.

"What does it look like I'm doin'?"

"It looks like you're trying to kiss my flanksssss..."

"It won't make a difference to us, we're both drunk."

"Good point, let's do this game thing tom'rrow."

"Wha...? Alrigh', what do you wanna do now?"

"More beer, then we play strip-poker?"

"We're not wearing clothessssss...!"

"Right, 'f course. -hic- Wanna jus' make out?"

"Mayb-hic-. Imma jus' go sleep."

Luna's entire alcohol filled world went black, as she fell asleep on Twilight.