• Published 19th May 2013
  • 2,525 Views, 32 Comments

Friendship Is Magic: Prime - Darkryt Orbinautz



When strange, shape-shifting metal beings called 'Decepticons' attack Equestria, can Twilight, Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy save it from them ... when they know absolutely nothing about their new foes?

  • ...
23
 32
 2,525

Act 1: Con Job

Friendship Is Magic: Prime by Darkryt Orbinautz

Act 1

Chapter 4

Con Job


Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie were pulling wagons stuffed with jewels towards the Generator. Their pace, with the heavy carts hooked up to them, was slow. They lamented their predicament.

"I cannot believe that these Decepticons will be putting these beautiful gems inside some terrible-bland looking machine! I mean, we could be using these things for dresses!" Rarity complained, her horn glowing blue with the detection of another gem. Stiffly and reluctantly, she used her hooves to dig it out and lifted a sapphire in her mouth.

"And?" Applejack asked, her head towards Rarity's.

"Fha fu 'enn 'ghan'?" Rarity looked at the sapphire in her mouth and spat it out into her cart. "What do you mean 'and'?"

"Ah mean, we could use these gems for dresses...and?" Applejack glared.

Rarity seemed baffled. "You...you assume that there needs to be other uses then just dresses to justify them not being used by the Decepticons?"

"Yeah, ah do. Ya heard Megatron and Breakdown, didn't cha? The gems are gonna turn in ta' Energon, which is they're life force. You wouldn't deny somepony their lifeforce for a dress, would'ja, Rarity?" Applejack countered, and Rarity put a hoof to her mouth in embarrassment at the implication Applejack was making.

"Granted, ah think they could've be nicer in making us get it. They even put poor Granny Smith and Applebloom to work. Ah can only imagine the stress being put on the poor two." Applejack said, her head lowering as she did so.

Rarity grimaced as she worried the same thing about Sweetie Belle.


Meanwhile...

"CUTIE MARK CRUSADER SLAVE WORKERS, YAY!" The group of fillies cried out.

"Wait," Sweetie objected, "Isn't slavery bad?"

Applebloom and Scootaloo shared an awkward glance with Sweetie Belle before they all rose their hooves in the air again to shout.

"CUTIE MARK CRUSADER SLAVE WORKERS, BOO!"

"C'Mon Filthy Rich!" Granny Smith called as she tore through the ground like a Parasprite, scooping more gems in her wagon in less then 15 minutes then Filthy Rich, Diamond Tiara, and the Cutie Mark Crusaders combined got in 30. "Put yer back into it!"

"You go, Missus Smith!" Filthy Rich called out, having long since made the wise decision to not try and keep with the Apple elder's pace.


"And another thang' that gits me is what the hay is going through Big Macintosh's head." Applejack confessed.

"Indeed," Rarity agreed. "I always thought Big Macintosh to be a silent, but smart type. And probably the only pony who could give you a run for 'Most Dependable Pony'. But allying with the Decepticon brutes seems not...well, dependable!"

"Speak of the name of demons, and they shall come!" Rainbow Dash announced, pointing her hoof to a crimson colt in a blazer jacket that was approaching.

Applejack huffed and locked eyes with her brother. "Big Macintosh."

"EeeeaaaApplejack." Big Macintosh replied with a drawl, "Can ah talk to you?...Alone?"

"Alone? With a traitor like you?" Dash snapped, "No way, pal! Either you talk to all of us, or you don't talk at all!"

"It doesn't concern y'all." Big Macintosh told them. "Listen, ah got Breakdown to mark a private place where we can talk, brother-to-sister."

"OH! OH! Well, if Breakdown approved it..." Dash quipped.

Applejack stomped her hoof, "Forget it, Big Macintosh. Ah'm not talking to you."

There was a slightly scuttling sound that nopony noticed.

"Y'all talking to me right now, ain'tcha?" Big Macintosh countered.

"Yeah. With mah friends. Y'all remember what a friend is, don'tcha Big Macintosh?" Applejack snarled.

Big Macintosh's jaw hung open, the stallion at a loss for words.

Fluttershy poked her head between the Apple siblings. "Ummm...I know this a family thing, and that this is a really intense moment for you two, but...uh...Diamond Dogs are stealing the gems."

The ponies all threw their gazes towards the wagons. Which, sure enough, were empty with the silhouettes of three stone gray canines walking off with their arms full of gems.

The five friends went running after the three Dogs, getting the drop on them and knocking out them easily.

"Look!" Pinkie yelled,pointing a hoof into the distance. There holes steadily being dug all around the mining area, each with another Diamond Dog popping out, ready and eager to steal the fruits of the Ponies labor.

"Ah'll go get Breakdown!" Big Macintosh announced, running off the way he came.

Pinkie put a hoof to her head, "How will that help?"


Breakdown, some Vehicons, and Vehicon variants that had no silver and instead had two round visors instead of a triangular red one were watching some ponies struggle to figure out how to work the Decepticon's drill tanks.

Lyra was having difficulty making her's start.

Bon-Bon wasn't faring any better.

Cheerilee had managed to make her's go in reverse, but smashed it into a stray rock without being able to hit the brakes.

Ditzy Doo, in contrast, was having no issues with driving hers beneath the earth and up back out of it with a stock of gems in tow.

"Get a temporary license for the cross-eyed one." Breakdown whispered to a drone. The drone nodded and went off, presumably to do just that.

"Breakdown! Breakdown!" Big Macintosh yelled through huffs and pants, rushing towards the testing tracks.

"Big Red! Somethin' up?" Breakdown greeted upon seeing the huffing pony.

"Eeeeyup! Diamond Dogs are popping up everywhere!"

Breakdown stared blankly.

"...That's bad!"

"Oh," Breakdown commented. "I think we can fix that. Right boys?"

The Vehicons nodded and saluted, though some opted to pound their hands together in anticipation.


Granny Smith and Filthy Rich charged from different directions directly at a Diamond Dog. The dog disappeared beneath the soil, causing the two ponies to bang their heads against the others.

"Outwitted by a Diamond Dog..." Filthy Rich rued.

Zecora was flanked on all sides by multiples of the rocky canines. She pulled some powder out of her pouch and blew on it, causing a green smoke explosion that covered her escape.

Applejack was making clever use of the wagon she was hitched to, slamming Diamond Dogs with in the sides with it's bulk. She thought she was doing well, though when she heard the thoom of the Decepticons approach, she was fairly certain that her performance was about to drop in success.

"These the...'Diamond Dogs'?" Breakdown asked to no one in particular. Both Applejack and Big Macintosh told him yes.

"All righty then." A Vehicon handed Breakdown a microphone, which Breakdown turned on and spoke through.

"Attention, Ponies. It has come to my attention that 'Diamond Dogs' are rapidly appearing across the work site, and will jeopardize all progress if left unchecked. As such, you may remove any equipment on you if it interferes with your ability to handle the problem. The same will apply to the addition of equipment if you think you can use it for combat." Breakdown handed the microphone back to the Vehicon and shifted his arm into a hammer. In addition, a purple, spout-like device that Applejack did not like the look of appeared on Breakdown's shoulder

"Let's do this." Breakdown calmly ordered the Vehicons, who began splitting up and charging at the stony intruders, pounding them, kicking them and blasting at them.

"Ah...ah, it...wha?" Applejack stammered.

"C'mon. You don't think we Decepticons have the ability to recognize problems?" Breakdown chided Applejack as he ran in after his companions and threw a Diamond Dog like a golf ball with his hammer.

"Ooo! You know what would help right now?" Pinkie asked rhetorically.

"What?" Rarity answered.

"A parody!"

"Darling, I don't think a parody is the right thing to do right now." Rarity tried to inform her friend.

But it was too late.


Ooooo!

Oooooooh!

Everypony was Kung Hoof Fighting!
Hoo!
Those Dogs were fast as lightning!
And it was a little bit frightening!
(Doo-doo-dooo!)
But we fought with expert timing!

There were Funky Zebra Mares

From Funky Zebra Town

They were hexing them up

and they were hexing them down!

It's an ancient Zebra art,and everypony played their part!

It's a buck to the front,

and a drop into a haunch!

Everypony was Kung Hoof Fighting!
Hoo!
Those Dogs were fast as lightnign!
And it a little bit frightening!
(Doo-doo-dooo!)
But we fought with expert timing!


The parody song was surprisingly well-received by the Decepticons, who even added a verse of their own that was more fitting to them!


Every 'Con was Circuit-Su Fighting!

Hah!

Those pests were fast as lightning!

And it was a teeny bit an-noy-ing!

(Nah-nah-naaah!)

But we're experts on de-stroy-ing!

There were Ponies on the left!

and Dogs on the right!

We jumped and we shot,

And all the ponies stepped back a trot!

Every 'Con was Circuit-Su Fighting!

Hah!

Those pests were fast as lightniiinnn'!

And it was teeny bit an-noy-ing!

But we're experts on de-stroy-ing!


Amidst the trotting, bucking, shooting, chopping and more bucking and shooting, it was hard to tell what was going on. But it wasn't a total mess.

Dash was certain a Vehicon had punched a Dog's lights out mid-flight just as it was pouncing on Scootaloo and Applebloom.

Granny Smith threw Filthy Rich like a baseball at a gaggle of the Dogs (A fact which he objected to severely, but after seeing the devastating results, he was all-too-eager to have her do it again.)

Breakdown's hammer pounded a Dog into a crevice that wasn't there before the hammer hit the ground.

Another Vehicon saw Smith chucking Filthy Rich around and adopted the tactic, grabbing three (very confused) ponies, setting them some distance from each other, and kicking one, sending it flying into the other two and they all began bouncing across the battlefield like Pool balls on a table, knocking out any Diamond Dog that got hit by them.

Angel, the spoiled brat of a bunny he was, was hoping about the battlefield, trying to find his mistress and make her cook something up for him. He spotted the mare huddle up against a rock, trying to avoid the fighting all around her. A charging Diamond Dog hitting him interrupted his pace, and he was thrown against another rock. He tried to stumble to his feet, but the blow had apparently knocked his stamina out of him, as evidenced by the fact he collapsed.

Fluttershy noticed her pet and the Diamond Dog leisurely walking away from the scene of his crime.

"You...you hurt my bunny." Fluttershy stammered.

"Eeyup!" The Dog replied, not even bothering to turn his head back.

"You...you hurt my bunny." Fluttershy repeated.

"Hrrrnn...so I've heard." The Diamond Dog growled and continued his walk.

His walk was interrupted by the ground around him shaking and a crack in the earth appearing beneath him. A voice called out to him. A voice filled with rage and hate. A voice that reached into the soul-his soul- and removed all trances of hope and love and other emotions until the only he could feel was dread.

"YOU. HURT. MY. BUNNY."

The Diamond Dog whimpered "Mother!" before his vision turned upside down.

After a beating Fluttershy deemed 'sufficient' but most ponies would consider 'brutal to the highest degree' Fluttershy flew up to the apex of the blue sky and screamed down with bone-shattering intensity to the mine site below:

"WHO ELSE WANTS SOME?"

All combatants of all sizes turned their heads upwards to see the source of the noise. Most of the ponies were startled to see Fluttershy so riled up, but the Decepticons didn't know what to make of it.

Fluttershy rocketed down to the earth below and began a vicious crusade of violence on the Diamond Dogs. It was viscous to the point of scaring the wits of everypony and Decepticon there, causing them to try and put as much distance between them and the whirling pink blue of rage as possible. Breakdown and Big Macintosh were 'scared' per se, but both were smart enough to decide they wanted to be away from the yellow pegasus.

The crowds of Decepticons and ponies alike bundle behind rocks and boulders to observe the campaign Fluttershy had taken upon herself.

"Rarity?" Sweetie Belle asked, "What's Fluttershy doing to that Diamond Dog?"

Rarity took her hoof around Sweetie's eyes and brought her closer, "You're not old enough to know..."

"Wow." remarked a Vehicon, "Look at that pony go!"

"This is the most terrifying rampage I have ever seen." Another one remarked.

"Even more than one of Megatron's?" a third questioned.

The second raised his hand to say something, then put it to his chin. "Ooooh...that's a tough call."

"Can you imagine if that pony's was under our command? Just think of what could happen!" Yet another Vehicon supposed to his friends.

Breakdown scratched his chin, looked at Big Macintosh, particular his blazer with the Decepticon insignia on it. Then looked at Fluttershy, then back to Big Macintosh, then back to Fluttershy. A devilish smirk creased across his face.

"Why imagine it...when you can make it happen?"

After some (actually many) light (actually very heavy) beatings, Fluttershy lowered her body to her hooves, let out a deep breath, and seemed to wake up from some magic-induced haze.

"Oh my goodness!" she exclaimed, "What happened to these poor Diamond Dogs?"

"Uh, Fluttershy, darling?" Big Macintosh answered, "Y'all happened to them."

Fluttershy put a hoof to her chin in thought. "Oh yeah. Yeah...They...they hurt my...bunny. " Fluttershy's pupils shrunk to viper's size and shape, and her wings sprang out "I'm gonna give it to 'em some more!"

Big Macintosh caught Fluttershy by the shoulders and brought her back down before she could get much height, "Fluttershy, darling, ah think you've gave them enough of 'it' to last a few days...or a week...or a month."

Fluttershy's eyes returned to normal. "Oh...Yes, I guess you're right."

The moment became awkward for a moment, before Big Macintosh spoke again.

"So...Breakdown wanted me to ask you to sign up for the Decepticons."

"Oh, well, that's nice of him- what!?"

"Breakdown...has asked me...to asked you...to sign up...with the Decepticons...like Ah did." Big Macintosh explained.

"B-but why would he want me?" Fluttershy asked. She looked around..and saw the numerous Diamond Dogs, who, while alive, would not have the ability to move their limbs the right way for a while.

"...Oh yeah. Um, could I...could I talk to my friends about this?" Fluttershy asked with a nervous hoof-scrape. Big Macintosh nodded and walked away.

"Attention, Ponies! With the Diamond Dogs dealt with, all prior procedures now apply again. Please resume whatever you were doing prior." Breakdown's voice echoed from his microphone.

The ponies and Vehicons all did as instructed.


Flutteshy, once again hauling a wagon alongside her friends, was increasingly nervous about the issue she had to address. She stopped to work up the courage.

Her friends eventually noticed the lack of a Fluttershy and turned around to the mare standing still.

"Fluttershy, hon, what's the matter?" Applejack inquired.

"...Big Macintosh asked to join the Decepticons." Fluttershy answered.

Applejack and Dash's faces contorted to scowls. "The nerve!"

"Fluttershy, Big Macintosh is an attractive stallion, but you can't let that fool ya!" Pinkie warned.

The three resumed their hauling, but Rarity stayed behind.

"Rarity?"

"Just a minute, darlings. Me and Fluttershy will be right over." Rarity announced, walking over to Flutteshy and putting a hoof on the pegasi's shoulder.

"Fluttershy, darling...The others don't see something that I do."

"Oh?" Fluttershy mumbled, "What's that?"

"That this is a golden opportunity."

"Huh?"

"I know...you are the not best pony to ask this sort of thing...but you are in the best position to do so. I think you should accept Big Macintosh's invitation and earn the Decepticons trust. And when you have it, find out where Twilight Sparkle is, and, ideally, rescue her."

"Oh no!" Fluttershy exclaimed, "I could never use somepony's trust against them like that."

"The Decepticons aren't ponies." Rarity reminded her.

Fluttershy looked on with concern, "You don't think...that's what Big Macintosh is doing? Earning their trust so he can beat them later?"

Rarity shook her head, "I don't know, he seemed to really want to talk to Applejack, and with how stubborn she is, I'm fairly certain we couldn't convince her of that easily if that is indeed the case."

"If I joined the Decepticons...could I ask him?" Flutteshy supposed.

"No. If it is the case, you would be jeopardizing his position. If you asked, and if isn't the case, he'll suspect something and report you to his superiors. But listen to me, if you don't join them, that's one less advantage we could have that we don't...I know I'm asking a lot of you, but...it's for Twilight's sake."

Fluttershy and Rarity exchanged heavy looks.

"OK...I'll do it. For Twilight. For our friend."

Fluttershy unhooked herself from her wagon and flew off.

Rarity looked at the the now ponyless wagon. How to pull it before a Vehicon noticed, she wondered...

Breakdown and Big Macintosh were banging hammers (Though Big Macintosh's wasn't integrated into his arm) trying to fix the drill Cheerilee broke.

"Um, Big Macintosh?...Breakdown?" Fluttershy's meek voice managed to carry over to their ears. Both bruisers looked to see Fluttershy...well, fluttering.

"Fluttershy! What brings you here? More Diamond Dogs?" Breakdown chuckled.

"Um...no...I went over it with my friends and...I would like to join the Decepticons."

Breakdown smiled, while Big Macintosh adopted a stray expression of surprise. "Great! I'll send for a GroundBridge."

Fluttershy shrunk slightly at the word. "Ground...Bridge?"

"Yeah," Breakdown answered while a putting a finger to the side of his head. "Portal network used for fast-as-light travel between two areas...so long as they're on the same planet."

There was clicking from Breakdown's head.
"Yeah, Breakdown here. Got another pony who wants to join the cause. Can I get a Bridge for her?"

Within seconds, a large, green circle appeared by their location.

Fluttershy looked at it with dread. "Will...will Big Macintosh come with me? That thing's scary."

Breakdown looked at the red pony in question. "Yeah, sure. I can handle things by myself for a while."

"Thank you." Fluttershy muttered and stood in front of the green circle. Big Macintosh walked to her side and grabbed her hoof reassuringly.

"Hey...Ah'm here for you."

Fluttershy smiled at the farmer's kind words.

They jumped into the green circle together. Fluttershy felt rather like electricity -and a lot of it- was being pumped into her. Everything seemed to fade away as she and Big Macintosh tromped through the portal.


Celestia had quickly taken to establish herself less a 'Adviser' and more a 'Bossy Secretary' making sure all the projects were done on-time, that all the drones and ponies were doing what they needed to be doing and where it needed to be done. She was even given her own blazer like Big Macintosh's. Upon reflection, Celestia found that some good could come out of the Decepticons occupation. Namely, that the spoiled Canterlot nobles who climbed their way to the top would be reminded of what it's like to do work. She felt fairly certain, even without any confirmation or contact, that Fancypants would enjoying whatever difficult task the Decepticons had forced upon him and his wife.

At the moment, she was in the throne room, alone with Soundwave while Megatron was doing who-knows-what. She was in fact, enjoying herself by playing a game with the thin Decepticon; 'Make Soundwave Have An Reaction', where she went and made all sorts of annoying noises and gestures in an effort to make the stoic Soundwave...well, react, obviously.

She had tried lighting her horn to intolerable levels of brightness.

She had tried flapping her wings in the most annoying manner possible.

She had tried dancing so unfashionably, Rarity would probably faint from the lack of rhythm.

She had tried yodeling.

So far, Soundwave was winning.

"All right!" Celestia shouted, "I have given you my all, and you have made no reaction of any sort,as such, to make you have a reaction- any reaction,so long as your stoicism is broken- I will be resorting to...drastic measures!"

Celestia floated herself in front of Soundwave's (lack of a) face, her image visible in the reflective screen that composed it.

A pink object stuck out of Celestia mouth.

If he didn't react to this, Celestia would be sure he had no emotions at all.

She touched her tongue to Soundwave's screen and licked it,leaving minute traces of saliva on it.

The throne room doors creaked open, a red Earth pony and yellow pegasus entering through them. "Lord Megatron, Ah-...wut?"

"Oh my!"

Celestia's eyes widened as she Fluttershy and Big Macintosh standing in the open doorway. She retracted her tongue inside her mouth and put her hooves to it in shame. "Big Macintosh! Fluttershy! I was...he was...we were just...I can explain!"

Soundwave made no noise, but he did throw his head back and put his hands to his stomach in a manner associated with heavy laughter.

Oh sure, Celestia thought, NOW he reacts.

"We can do that later." Big Macintosh assured her, "Where's Lord Megatron?"

"Out right now. He didn't tell me where he'd be or when he'd get back."


"Knock Out," Megatron chided as he observed Twilight in her crate, "I had a deal with Celestia that her crown and throne would be mine in exchange for her student being fixed." Megatron slammed his fist on the crate's top. "This does not look 'Fixed'."

"Well, I drained the Energon, but it got back in her somehow." Knock Out explained.

"What do you mean, 'The Energon is back in her'?" Megatron snarled.

"Exactly that." Knock Out answered. "I drained the Energon from her. I left the room and told her good night. And when I came back, she was chock-full of the stuff again!"

Megatron grunted in frustration. "Were there any guards?"

"Yes, but they were stationed outside the room." Knock Out replied.

Megatron glared at Twilight, who giggled. "Ah-haaaah...you're pointy!"

"Knock Out, have you considered the possibility that...she put the Energon back in herself?"

"Well...no." Knock Out chuckled, "I mean, what possibly reason could she have to do that?"

Megatron grabbed Knock Out by the head and lifted him up, highlighting the difference in their statures. "As the medic, AND her current caretaker...It is your responsibility...to FIND...OUT!" Megatron bellowed before throwing Knock Out from his grip and storming out of the room.

Knock Out rubbed his shoulders sorely, then gazed at Twilight. "All right, Twilight...what is it you're hiding from me?"

Twilight Sparkle looked at Knock Out conspicuously, shifted her eyes and then beckoned him closer with her hoof.

"Sometimes..." Twilight whispered, "I hear voices."

Knock Out crossed his arms and put on the warmest smile he could manage. "Tell me about the voices, Twilight."

Twilight whimpered. "I don't want to."

"Twilight Sparkle...I'm a doctor. You know what doctors do? What I'm here to do for you?"

"...No."

"They-in this case, I- are here to help you. I am here to keep you healthy. I am here to be your friend."

For some reason, Twilight winced and whined at the word 'Friend'.

"Now...Tell me about the voices."


Megatron slammed the doors to the Fortress Throne Room open. "Celestia! I have unfortunate...news." Megatron leered at the yellow pony who wasn't here when he left, then turned to Big Macintosh.

"Big Macintosh! Inform me if you will be bringing a date in the fortress!"

"She's not mah date!"

"I'm not his date!"

"Ahem." Big Macintosh cleared his throat. "This is Fluttershy. She would to join us...like ah did."

Megatron 'hmm'ed and put his claw to his chin, "That would mean her fighting someone."

Fighting! Fluttershy thought to herself. Nopony told her she'd be fighting!

"Let's see...Knock Out's occupied...Airachnid would be too brutal on a new member...Breakdown would be too tough for her to get a hit in...Soundwave is too skilled, and I am too powerful..."

Megatron raised an eyebrow. "...That leaves either you or Celestia."

Big Macintosh raised his hoof. "Ah'll do it." he gazed at Fluttershy apologetically, "Sorry, darling, but there's no way around it."

"Very well then. Take the positions, everyone!"

Big Macintosh trotted over the throne,stopping halfway. Megatron, Soundwave and Celestia went over the side of the room by the window. Megatron coughed.

"Hemhem...We are gathered here today,within theses hallowed halls, to witness someone trying out for their dream. That dream being allegiance to Lord Megatron, and the right to bear the the Decepticon Flag upon their bodies. Standing in this someone's one is a pre-existing member. One who has already done this task...and succeeded. Should they beat the pre-existing member, they shall then walk side-by-side with them, united under the common flag of Lord Megatron's armies. They shall fight until one is no longer able to, and the one still standing will be declared victor."

Fluttershy wasn't entirely sure she understood half of what Megatron was talking about.

"Are both parties ready to fight?" Megatron questioned.

"Eeeyup." Big Macintosh drawled.

"Um...um...OK!" Fluttershy stammered.

"BEGIN!" Megatron's voice rumbled the chamber.

Big Macintosh wasted no time charging at Fluttershy. The timid pegasus panicked, unsure of what to do. The rage that had impressed the Decepticons so much back at the mining camp was because of an animal that those nasty Diamond Dogs had injured. As far she knew, Big Macintosh had done no such thing.

Her eyes closed,and her latent animal instincts took over. She didn't realize it,but she lifted off into the air and slapped Big Macintosh in the face with her tail with enough force to leave a mark.

Big Macintosh's front hooves reach around Fluttershy's haunches,trying to -and succeeding in- bringing her down to earth before she could go up to high. However, Fluttershy's instincts were still in control,and they made her buck the stallion square in the chest,knocking him back a few inches. Fluttershy got to her hooves and turned around to face Big Macintosh,who charged at her again. She side-stepped out of the way and grabbed him by the tail with her mouth. She lifted him into the air and hovered up and down, alternating her height and trying to find the right height to drop Big Macintosh that wouldn't break anything major, but would still really hurt. She eventually decided on a height and did so, letting the earth pony crash against the carpentering.

Big Macintosh's eyes swirled around from the impact. He raised his front hoof, "Ah yield!"

Megatron clapped, "Well done, Fluttershy! That fight was certainly an example of brain over brawn! I, Megatron, through the power invested in me, grant the pony known as 'Fluttershy' official status as an Honorary Decepticon! Big Macintosh, if you would give Fluttershy a tour and a one-O-one on being a Decepticon..."

"Shore thang, My Lord!" Big Macintosh answered,limping towards the door.

There was a clash of thunder that illuminated the room,and Fluttershy rocketed out with Big Macintosh in her hooves.

Once they were out of the room, Fluttershy said Big Macintosh down to rest. Fluttershy scraped a hoof nervously. "So, um...Big Macintosh? Can...can I ask you a question?"

Big Macintosh nodded his head.

"...Why did you join the Decepticons?"

Big Macintosh looked at Fluttershy with sympathy in his eyes. "...Ah can't tell ya."

Fluttershy tilted her head. "Is it...for the same reason I did?...To help your friends under their noses?"

"...Eeeyup."

"That's...that's what you were trying to talk to Applejack about earlier, wasn't it?"

"Eeeyup."

Fluttershy nuzzled Big Macintosh as she remembered her friend's attitude towards him. "Oh, Big Macintosh...I'm so sorry."

"Nothing for y'all to be sorry for." Big Macintosh pushed Fluttershy off and stood up. "C'mon...Ah think ah'm well enough to give ya yer tour now."


Celestia paced back and forth, not having much else to do.

Megatron and Soundwave stood by the window, watching the newly-developed storm.

"Celestia?" Megatron questioned.

The white pony snapped to attention, "Yes, My Lord?"

"You have done your role well and explained many things to me. How there are different kinds of ponies, and what those different kinds do. You have also aided in scheduling and managing work. A job well done."

"Thank you...you flatter me." Celestia bowed.

"I would let you see your student, but there's been a slight...complication."

Celestia listened intently, "What's that?"

"Her 'fixing' is not going well. Something to do with the equipment malfunctioning..." Megatron lied. "Knock Out is doing his best to fix the problem as soon as possible, but to assure you I am not lying, I will let see her soon regardless."

Celestia nodded her head, keeping her composure, but inwardly, she was elated to be able to see her student again, even she was still...riddled.

"However, there's another issue I need your words on." Megatron interrupted Celestia's mental party.

"What's that?"

"You've told them that Earth Ponies control the...earth and farm crops. That Unicorns, with their magic, affect the sun and moon and affect the world in other ways."

"And you've told me how the Decepticons engage in conquest on your starship across planets, and how you crash-landed because of an Autobot trap...that you will not tell me more about the Autobots because you think I'll get 'silly ideas'."

Megatron laughed. "True, true...however, I must ask. Under what circumstance do Pegasi make it rain chocolate?"

Celestia's mind came grinding to a halt and stayed there a good minute before starting back up again.

"Did...did you say 'Chocolate rain?"

"Yes, Celestia. Chocolate...rain. Bits of brown cow juice, dripping...FROM the sky. COATING the grass in a fine...dairy...dew."

Soundwave raised his hand and beckoned Celestia over to the window.

Celestia obliged, and saw, to her horror, chocolate rain drizzling down from the heavens in the form of pink, stretchy clouds.

"No...NO!" Celestia protested. Not this! Not now!

"Celestia?" Megatron inquired.

Celestia match her gaze with Megatron's. "Chocolate rain only appears on one condition. And that condition...is when Discord's stone prison is cracking."

Author's Note:

Discord!

Uh, something that didn't come across as clear was that Big Macintosh held back in his and Fluttershy's fight so Fluttershy could join, 'cos he knew she was doing the same thing he was. But I didn't put that in, because how would Big Macintosh do that and not have Megatron notice?

In an early version of the story, Fluttershy instead fought Soundwave, after Celestia made a huge spiel about how great and powerful a warrior Fluttershy was. She would've 'won' by simply being able to touch Soundwave. With little effect, but the fact she even made contact would've impressed Megatron enough to let her in.

Not even gonna touch the Kung Hoof thing. It was funny, when I wrote it, but in retrospect...

Why are people disliking this story!? Is it because of the Author's Notes sometimes being there and sometimes not? It is because it's 'unoriginal'? Or perhaps because people know this is also available on Fanfiction.Net, and are upset it's taking me so long to upload it all? Or the flickering punctuation regarding italics? What!? TELL ME.