• Published 19th May 2013
  • 2,525 Views, 32 Comments

Friendship Is Magic: Prime - Darkryt Orbinautz



When strange, shape-shifting metal beings called 'Decepticons' attack Equestria, can Twilight, Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy save it from them ... when they know absolutely nothing about their new foes?

  • ...
23
 32
 2,525

Act 1: Rock Bottom

Friendship Is Magic: Prime

by Darkryt Orbinautz

Act 1

Chapter 2

Rock Bottom


Spike had been sleeping peacefully. However, the sun rising coincided with a burst of flame escaping his mouth, waking him up and transforming into a piece of parchment and 7 tickets. On the parchment was...

Dear Spike, The Wonderbolts will be performing in Canterlot this afternoon,knowing of Rainbow Dash's infatuation with them, I have enclosed 7 tickets for her, you, Twilight Sparkle, and the rest of your friends.

Great! Spike thought to himself as he read the letter and observed the tickets in hand, he set out to send everypony the news, starting with Twilight...

Who was nowhere to be found. Strange,Twilight was always in the library at this time, and she would've sent a note if she wasn't going to be here. No note of any sort could be found.

Where could she be? Wait, she said something last night...having to go see...a knock out? Yeah, yeeeaaahhhh...he was fairly certain she said something like that. He supposed he would have to wait for her to get back. The others needed to know about the show!

He decided to visit Rarity first, seeing as that was his favorite of all ponies. Heading to the Carousel Boutique,the ring of the store door only briefly caught his crush's attention. "Oh, hello Spike! I'm busy at the moment..." Spike saw everyone, bar Twilight, there. Apparently, Rarity had decided it was time for them all to get new dresses, as everypony was on a pedestal being fitted. "Oh, I suppose you might be wondering what's the occasion?" Rarity added.

"...Little bit."

"My hair wiggled, followed by my tail curling up, and then my Cutie Mark itched, and everypony knows when that happens, it means and my friends are gonna go to a formal and prestigious event!" Pinkie explained in her normal non-sense tone of voice.

"Well, looks you were right on the mark! Celestia sent us tickets to the Wonderbolt's show in Canterlot this afternoon!" Spike laughed.

Rarity went flying as Rainbow rushed from her pedestal to Spike's position. "Really? Lemme see!" Dash barked,taking a ticket from Spike's claw with tail and examine it. "Sure enough! I'm gonna go see the Wonderbolts!...again!" Dash happily cheered.

Rarity got back to her hooves, and took notice of the absentee, "Say, Spike? I notice you have seven tickets,I take it Twilight's to be joining us?"

"Well, yeah. Celestia sent them today, but Twilight's apparently spent the night over with a knock out she found."

"Oh, okay." Rarity said, going over to guide Rainbow back to her pedestal before stopping. "Wait...what? A knock out is an attractive mare!" Rarity exclaimed.

No one noticed Rainbow's wing go sprooing as she imagined the possible appearance of said 'attractive mare'.

"So...you don't think?" Applejack asked.

"That Twilight is a...? Well...if she wishes to miss out on visiting Canterlot in favor of...other pursuits,that is her decision and nothing we can do about it. Come along now! We must be dressed to impress!" Rarity said,trying to coax Dash back to her pedestal. "Actually, sugercube, I think the Wonderbolts are familiar enough with Dash not to care what we're dressed like." Applejack barked, a tinge of annoyance in her voice.

"But-!" Rarity was cut off,

"A.J's right, Rarity! It's not how my clothes look-it's how my tricks look!" Dash boasted, stroking her own ego, taking a pounce ready pose to prove her point.

"Oh, all right, I guess ...Fluttershy is getting antsy to feed her animals."

Fluttershy, from her pedestal, quickly took on a blush, "Y-you noticed? I didn't want to be rude, so I didn't say anything..." Fluttershy scraped a hoof nervously.

Rarity used her magic to remove the tools and fabrics from everypony and held a hoof dramatically to announce "To Canterlot!"

Fluttershy let out a meek cough. "Er, to Fluttershy's! Then to Canterlot!" Rarity corrected herself.


Some time later, everypony was on a pegasi-driven chariot to Canterlot, Rarity cleaning some sort of gunk from her ear with a Q-tip. "Fluttershy, darling,You know I have nothing but the utmost respect for you and your ability to take care of animals...but I am never helping you with feeding your toads again." Rarity complained.

"They're frogs..." Fluttershy corrected. "But, um, you can call them toads, I guess...if you'd like...I just don't know what got into them...they don't normally behave like that."

"Maybe Rarity offended' em?" Applejack offered.

"Maybe...after all, I know how to behave like a proper pony lady, not a frog one." Rarity agreed, flicking the Q-tip into the chariot's on board trash can.

"Hey, isn't that one of the Wonderbolts?" Flutershy questioned, all heads turned to see,sure enough, the cloud of smoke typically associated with the Wonderbolts,

"Yeah! Yeah it is! See if we get their attention!" Rainbow Dash cried out, everypony started making cheering noises and flailing their hooves for them to notice...to no avail.

"Aw, Ah'm sorry, sugercube, they don't seem to be responding." Applejack apologized upon the realization they weren't getting the acrobat's notice anytime soon. "That's okay. It's more polite to talk after the show anyways." Rainbow calmly accepted the missed opportunity. After all, the Wonderbolts were busy ponies. It would be more polite to wait for after the show, wouldn't?

Everypony returned to whatever they doing before the call to the smoke trail, but Applejack's eyes kept on it. "Wait a minute..." Applejack focused her eyes on the smoke trails source, "What in tarnation?" Applejack didn't know what it was, but it shore didn't look nuthing like a pony. Her gaze transfixed on it in an effort to figure what it was, it was blue, she could see that much, but not much else.

"Something wrong, A.J?" Rarity asked upon seeing Appljack's stiff body. Applejack turned her head.

"Ah'mma gonna be honest with you. Ah'm not shore, Rarity, Ah'm not shore..."

"What do you mean?" Rarity asked.

"Well, Ah'm not shore, but Ah don't think that's a Wonderbolt, whatever it is."

"Ah, if it's not a Wonderbolt, it's something Wonderbolt approved. Nopony get's away stealing the Wonderbolt's tricks!" Dash dismissed Applejack's worries. After all, if anypony tried to nick the Wonderbolt's smoke trail technique, the lawyers be on them like Pinkie on sweets.

"Yeah, I guess you're right, Rainbow." Applejack warily agreed, though she didn't sound convinced.

The chariot landed soon afterwards, the group trotting out of it.

"Applejack, darling, you know I consider you a fine friend, but I believe you should remain quiet to avoid offending somepony important."

Applejack huffed, "Wut? Ah mite hurt one them noble's wittle feelings?"

"Well...yes!" Rarity snapped.

Thankfully, before their conversation could escalate, a prim and proper voice reached out to them "Ah, Rarity! And your wonderful friends! I take you're here for the Wonderbolt's show?"

"Fancypants!" Rarity exclaimed at the sight of the noblepony and his companion.

"Hey, why is he called Fancypants when he doesn't have any pants?" Pinkie Pie questioned.

Rarity signed inwardly. Pinkie was probably gonna go on a tangent and make Fancypants hate all of them! That could them banned from Canterlot! From the Wonderbolt's show!

"I say, Miss Pinkie. That is an excellent question. Why am I called Fancypants if I wear no pants? Hoohoohoo!"

"We're here to see the Wonderbolt's as well. Would you care for our company?" Fleur-de-lise asked.

"Shore." Applejack replied before Rarity could raise an objection.

The group began their walk towards the stage that would the sight of Dash's heroes, trying to avoid getting lost within the crowd of ponies that had also come to the Wonderbolts perform.

"Agh! So many...green...sports tees..." Rarity shuddered. Quite a few ponies had taken to wearing dark green shirts with the Wonderbolts symbol imprinted on them.

"Ah, you complain too much!" Fancypants and Pinkie chided in unison. The two looked at each other dead in the eye and shared a laugh.

"Hey! Hey, Applejack! Why so serious?" Pinkie Pie asked as she bounced along the ground, Applejack had been wearing a gloomy expression since getting off the wagon.

"...Ah'm sorry, Pinkie, but I can't stop thinking about that...Wonderbolt impostor or whatever it was!" "Silly filly! You heard Rainbow Dash! If it wasn't a Wonderbolt, it was at least Wonderbolt-approved!"

"Ah know, Pinkie, but Ah...Ah can't explain,but I just got this feeling something awful is gonna happen!" Applejack exclaimed.

"Like my Pinkie Sense?" Pinkie Pie questioned.

"...Not quite."

"Puh-lease! Something...awful? With the Wonderbolts here? Not likely!" Dash derided.

"Ah know, but-!" Applejack was cut off by the regal voice of an approaching royal guard.

"Excuse me! Are you Twilight Sparkle's friends?"he asked.

"Yeah, that's us!" Rainbow smugly answered.

"Princess Celestia has requested that you watch the upcoming show with her and her sister."

"Really?" Rainbow Dash questioned, humbled. "I mean, of course! We are Twilight's best friends after all!" She announced boisterously.

Rarity looked over at Fancypants. "It's fine, it's fine. I won't be anywhere you can't follow."

The guard guided them to a station that seemed to be a portable throne,with fold-out chairs put around for them. "Please take your seats. The Princesses will be here shortly." The guard told them before taking off. They all took their seats in the foldout chairs, with one of them empty in Twilight's absence.

Applejack was shifting her eyes left and right in search of danger. "Will you knock it off?" Rainbow snapped at Applejack "Princess Celestia will be right here, so there's no way anypony would be brave enough to do anything!"

"Ah guess you're right, sugercube..." Applejack admitted dejectedly.

Before long, the Princesses had indeed come to join them, accompanied by the Wonderbolts themselves. "Omigosh!TheWonderbolts!Doyourememberme?" Rainbow squealed.

"How could we forget? You saved our lives, remember?" Soarin' replied. Rainbow did a nervous chuckle, "Oh yeah..."

"Say, you wanna fly with us?" Soarin' offered.

"YES! By Celestia, yes! But..I haven't practiced with you guys...I wouldn't wanna, y'know, be outta sync." Dash explained. In reality, she had stage fright at the prospect...but they didn't need to know that.

"Ah, I gotcha. Maybe after the show?" Dash nodded, and the Wonderbolts went over to start preparations. Spitfire lingered and went over to Rainbow's seat and gave a note. On the note was a phone number, the words "Call me!" and a scribble of Spitfire looking...questionable. Dash blushed and looked back to Spitfire, who gave a wink before rejoining her comrades.

"Where's Twilight Sparkle?" Celestia greeted.

"She's out..." Rarity beckoned Celestia closer with her hoof, she obliged. Rarity whispered something in her ear. Celestia's face took an expression of shock before going to a friendly one.

"My, my, they sure do grow up fast, don't they?" she asked nopony in particular, getting a responding "mh-hm!" from everypony.

"Oh, and by the way, Spike?" Celestia turned towards the dragon.

"I know you've gotten a taste for announcing since moving to Ponyville. How would you like to announce the Wonderbolt's show?"

"I'd love to!" Spike answered.

"Luna?" Celestia asked. The dark form of the younger princess stepped forward, "Come with me, Spike." Spike nodded obediently before Luna started walking with him following. Eventually,they reached the wooden announcer booth that had been set up. "Go ahead and get in,t he show will start soon!" Luna urged, climbing over the side to enter the middle,Spike took his stance and found a microphone in the booth.

"Ladies and gentleponies! Fillies and colts! Are you ready to be dazzled!" Spike announced enthusiastically. He got a roar of cheering from the crowd. "Are you ready to amazed!" another round of cheering "Are you ready for...THE WONDERBOLTS!" Spike added,and after a minute delay,the rocket-like noise of the Wonderbolts filled the air, with smoke trails filling the sky.

The Wonderbolts flew around circles and overs and lines until their smoke trail had become an imitation of Celestia's Cutie Mark,causing a chorus of "oooh!"s. Flying through it,the smoke cleared away, and another round geometric flying caused Luna's to appear, this one with a chorus of "aaahhh!"s. Once more,the Wonderbolts cleared the smoke away and instead replaced it with a Ursa Minor.

"Ooooh! Pinkie Sense, coming on...pinchy knee...that means something scary is about to happen!" Pinkie Pie announced.

"Uhhgg! Will you stop it!? Nothing bad is going to happen!" Rainbow Dash snapped.

However, she was quickly proven wrong when purple lasers shot out of the smoke configurations, quickly setting various Canterlot buildings ablaze, nopony noticed Luna whinny and flee at the sight of the flare. The crowd let out a gasp. "Everypony, remain calm!" Celestia called out. A flash of magic from her horn, and the North Wind itself began blowing, putting out the fires and blowing the Wonderbolt's smoke art away.

The crowd began murmuring amongst themselves.

"What was that?"

"Who would do such a thing!?"

"I bet it was the Wonderbolt's! It's their show, and the pressure from being them must have caused them to snap!"

The murmurs died out with the roar of three different vehicles dashing across the sky.

A jet, a spaceship, and a helicopter floated menacingly before taking up to the height of the sky and shifting and whirring into various different forms.

One blue, pointy, and lithe. The other green and spider like, having eight legs and with her chopper cockpit in a position suggesting a insect's abdomen.

The final one. The last one, was a silver giant, and muscularly built, with spike-laden shoulders and some form of black pod attached to his left arm, and a prominent purple symbol on it's chest.

The earth shook beneath the ponies as the first two descended onto the ground below, but they paled in comparison to the awesome form of the third one. The ground took notice of its stature by creating cracks where its feet had landed.

"Who are you!?" Rainbow Dash shouted, pointed an accusing hoof at the silver one.

"Who am I?" It answered in startling deep, booming voice that caused Rainbow to and the others to quaver. It chuckled before continuing. "Who am I? I have many names...The Dominator, The Destroyer, The Breaker, The Force of Iron...but you will know me as your master. For I..am Megatron."

Author's Note:

That bit with Spitfire is only meant as a nod to the common practice of shipping Spitfire and Rainbow Dash. (And as a bit of humor.) There will be no slash in this story. We're not here to see ponies kissing; we're here to see ponies kickin' exhaust port.