• Published 19th May 2013
  • 2,525 Views, 32 Comments

Friendship Is Magic: Prime - Darkryt Orbinautz



When strange, shape-shifting metal beings called 'Decepticons' attack Equestria, can Twilight, Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy save it from them ... when they know absolutely nothing about their new foes?

  • ...
23
 32
 2,525

Act III: Woken Furies

Darkryt Orbinautz presents...


Megatron stood on the bridge, his face to the screen and away from Airachnid, Dreadwing, Knock Out, Breakdown and Soundwave.

"Lord Megatron," Airachnid stepped forward and bowed. "Not to sound impudent, but what is the purpose of this meeting?"

Megatron turned his head to Airachnid only briefly. "The purpose, Airachnid, is that we have thus failed to terminate any of the Ponies..." Megatron raised his fist into the air and clenched it. "And I have no doubt that the Autobots are making friends with them as we speak." Megatron turned around, finally allowing his troops to see his eyes. "So, I have decided that you all require more...motivation."

Knock Out flinched and threw his hands up into the air defensively.

Megatron chuckled. "Hmhmhm. Not to worry, Knock Out. This is motivation of the positive kind." Megatron began walking, the Decepticons clearing into two rows of three to allow him through. "You will each go out and develop a scheme of your own devising. Each scheme is to be devised with the explicit goal of terminating a Pony in mind. Whoever succeeds in their scheme before the end of the day will be rewarded."

Airachnid clasped her claws together. "Lord Megatron, should my scheme succeed, would I be restored to my status as First Lieutenant?"

"Nooo. The prize is not the position of First Lieutenant. Besides, Dreadwing is far too loyal to me for me to betray him like that." Megatron complimented.

Dreadwing saluted. "Your praise is hard to earn, My Lord. I will make certain it does not go unjustified."

"See to it you do."

"Excuse me, Lord Megatron..." A new, thuggish voice said. The Decepticons turned to see a Vehicon walking in. This Vehicon looked different from the others, as he was multicolor of pink (An eeeeeevil pink, mind.) and black. He was also covered in cracks, with one going straight down his visor. He bowed.

"Ahh, yes!" Megatron greeted. "Fearstorm. What do you want?"

"Forgive my eavesdropping, My Lord, but I couldn't help overhearing your proposal...and I would like to join in."

"As you wish." Megatron rounded on the Decepticons. "Go forth!"


"We all get our dreams stamped on from time to time, right?"

Friendship Is Magic: Prime: Act III

Chapter VI (Box Set Chapter 18): Woken Furies

Episode Synopsis: shenanigans lead into more shenanigans, which lead into more shenanigans, which lead into more shenanigans and...oi.


Back in the Autobot Base, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy and Pinkie were lolling about while Ratchet continued to scan for any signs of Twilight. Dash was oddly absent.

Before anypony could comment that he was also absent, Raf appeared in the doorway. "Hey, girls! Are you hungry?"

"After all that activity, a lady would feel a bit famished at this point... especially when subjected to Bulkhead's driving." Rarity answered. Bulkhead huffed.

"So, you need some help getting something?" Raf added with a hopeful look on his face.

"You concern is appreciated, Rafael, but not to worry!" Rarity assured him. "Before her...departure, Twilight used a spell to increase the size of the inside of our bags!"

Ratchet spluttered. "What? You can't do that!"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, you can't make the volume of the interior of matter exceed the interior's volume!"

"Twilight did pull off some rather fancy tricks with her horn..." Arcee noted. "Lasers, drills...teleports."

"And let us not forget that during Discord's brief rampage on Earth, he demonstrated examples of reality-bending far more ludicrous then a simple Saddlebag of Holding." Optimus reminded him.

Ratchet scoffed. "Paah! While Discord's reality-bending abilities are impressive, I am sure that there is a scientific, logical reason behind them- DAF-BOO-BOU!" Ratchet's rationalizing sentence ironically degraded into irrational gibberish, as Pinkie had pulled an anchor out of her bag to demonstrate." "WHY ARE YOU CARRYING AN ANCHOR!?"

Pinkie raised her hoof and smiled to answer, but both dropped at the last minute. "...I don't remember."

Rarity cleared her throat. "So, as you can see, Rafael, we have plenty of food supplies in our bags." Raf looked sullen. "Oh, what's wrong?"

"Well, I wanted to make you guys feel welcome around so I..." Raf left and came back in pushing a cart full of hay bales. "Got you this."

Rarity cooed. "Oooowh! Well, isn't that sweet? I suppose we can keep our supplies in our bags just a little bit longer." Rarity turned to her friends. "After all, it is terribly rude to refuse an offered meal, especially when it's offered by such a fine, young gentleman!" Rarity ran her hoof through Raf's hair adoringly.

Raf chuckled shyly, blushed and turned away. "Well, there it is..."

Everypony obliged, trotting up to the cart and taking a bite off the bales.

"Hey, where's R.D.?" Applejack exclaimed, pulling her muzzle away from the meal. "She's missing out!"

"I REMEMBER!" Pinkie burst out. The others looked at her expectantly.

"I was carrying the anchor around in case we had to throw an emergency party with a sea-theme!"

Rairity and Applejack facehoofed. Ratchet's shoulder antenna twitched in irritation.

"Why...would you have...an emergency party...in the first place?"

Applejack ignored Ratchet's question and pressed on. "Seriously, though, where is she?"

"I have an idea..." Arcee said suspiciously, raising a browplate.


Somewhere over somewhere else in Jasper, Rainbow Dash stood solemnly on a cliff that overlooked the ground. She let out a weak chuckle at the pointed rock that couldn't have been there naturally, a broken fragment of a silver horn rested in front of it..

"Heh...Cliff on a cliff, huh? That fits, eh big guy?"

There wasn't any response. Not that she was expecting any anyway.

"How it's going up there? I don't where you are, but I sure hope it's somewhere nice. Maybe with a patio and a hot tub, Ha ha!" Dash slapped her own knee in a laughter that was repressed somehow.

A GroundBridge opened up behind Dash which Arcee stepped out of.

"Hey." Dash greeted lazily.

"Hey." Arcee greeted back. "I had a feeling I'd find you here."

Dash nodded her head. "Mh-hm."

There was a silence for a moment as the two blue members of their respective specius looked down at the grave.

"What did he look like?" Dash asked suddenly.

"Huh?"

"What did Cliffjumper look like, Arcee?"

"Mmm." Arcee put a finger to her chin in thought. "I...I never really thought about it that much...well, I guess you could say he was red, big too. He turned into a muscle car, so that's something. He had a pair of horns on his head and a smirk on his face that just wouldn't go away, no matter how much scrap piled up."Arcee took in a deep breath and signed.

"Do you think there's a chance you could...get him back?"

Arcee shook her head. "No. The "Cons tried that themselves, and his corpse was lost in the explosion at the mine." There was more silence until Arcee got on her knees and sat down. "You would've liked him, I'm sure."

"Really?"

"Yeah...you're both hardheaded, stubborn types who don't know when to back down." Arcee and Rainbow Dash both smiled a little chuckle. "Of course, I'm not one to talk, now am I?"

"I'm sure you learned from the best." Dash said with a smugly raised eyebrow. Both females threw their gazes back at the grave and signed.

"...Listen, Rainbow Dash. It's sad, I know. No one knows better then me. But we can't just stay here and mope. We have other people we need to think about. We have responsibilities, and you know what he would say if he knew we were sitting here right now?"

Dash looked at Arcee sadly. "What?"

Arcee put her fingers to her head in an approximation of horns and deepened her voice as much as she could. "'How can you two stand just laying down here like this? You're not doing anything!'"

Dash wiped her eye and stood up. "Yeah...he'd be right. You got something?"

"Well, Raf got you and the girls a treat. I'm sure they put some aside for you." Arcee informed her, before a chee-choo-chii-chink filled the air. "Come on. I'll give you a ride."


Rainbow was absently minded nomming her hay when suddenly-

"Hey, Rainbow Dash!" Miko said with an enthusiasm that could alllllmost match Pinkie Pie's. "Wanna watch T.V?"

"Sure!" Rainbow agreed between mouthfuls.

"All right, we can skip the stairs and you can fly us up on the platform!" Miko said, starting to climb on Rainbow Dash's back.

"Whoa, whoa, hey! What are you doing?"

"Uh, mounting you?" Miko said with uncertainty. "Is that not O.K.?"

"What on Earth or Equestria or wherever made you think I would be O.K. with that?!"

"Well... on Earth, humans rides horses and ponies from place-to-place."

Dash turned her neck. "You have Ponies on your world?"

"Well...yeah." Miko said uncertainly. "They're different from you though. They're boring, they're all sorts of dull colors like brown and gray and they don't talk or have horns and wing or anything!"

Dash skewered her eyes in concentration, trying to imagine a pony with that description. "Weird." Dash took another look at Miko, who seemed upset about not being able to ride Dash. Reluctantly, Dash lowered herself. "Come on." Miko beamed and climbed up, and Dash immediately set about zooming to and fro the Autobot base.

"Gaaah!" Ratchet exclaimed as he ducked to avoid Dash's cruising about. "Will you keep it down? I might locate Twilight's signal and not see it if you keep zooming around like a excited turbo-mouse! Besides...I thought you were going to watch T.V?"

"HUH?" Miko screamed. "OH RIGHT, THAT. THAT WAS A THING, WASN'T IT? ALL RIGHT, RAINBOW DASH, PARK IT!"

After one more round, Rainbow Dash gently dropped Miko on the couch and sat on her haunches next to it.
Miko picked up the remote and started skimming through the channels. "All right, let's see...sports, cooking shows, more sports, CIA: Wyoming or whatever is these days-ooh! More sports-"

"Wait, go back!" Dash yelled.

"Go back? Um, okay." Miko obliged Dash's request, showing the horse race as it progressed.

"So, these are Horses From Earth..." Dash noted, mystified.

"Yeah." Miko agreed, not sure she knew what the big deal was.

"You think you could... let me... watch to the end of the race?"

"Uh, sure!" Miko drew her legs up into the couch while Dash slowly scooted from sitting to lying on her belly.

Rainbow seemed entranced by the race, the way the professional riders and horses seemed to move as one being. That their bond was so close they could hear the others thoughts...they must have made very...impressive opponents.

"Soooo..." Miko drawled once the race had finished and the channel was now showing a soccer program. "Now that the race is done, can I change the channel?"

Rainbow Dash got up, trotted over to the T.V. and turned it off with a hoof.

"Hey! What did you do that for?"

Dash looked at Miko with a deadly seriousness.

"Miko... I want to race against the Earth Horses."

Miko got a mischievous look in her eyes. "Hmm...It would be easy to up the competition with a horse that could understand exactly what was I saying...of course, there's no way Optimus would approve... so I'll help ya sneak out! " Miko threw her hands into the air. "You'll need a rider..."

"Heh. Is that an offer, Pig-tails?"

"You gonna take it?"

"Hay yeah!"


Soundwave, Dreadwing and Breakdown gathered around the bridge's control panels. Airachnid, Knock Out and Fearstrom having alreadly left to scout for the Ponies' location. Breakdown was twiddling his fingers nervouly while Soundwave seemed busy trying to set up a terminal.

"What's wrong, Breakdown?" Dreadwing questioned with a fatherly-sounding concern.

"Well, I just...I'm not used to being a thinker, ya know? Knock Out and I, normally, we work together. He's the brains and I'm the brawn, now without him-"

"You have no brains." Dreadwing supplied.

"Exactly!"

Dreadwing pursed his lips, then began walking. "Follow me, Breakdown. I will help you."

"You will?"

"Yes." Dreadwing took out his cell phone and tossed to Breakdown. "You should see something Knock Out and I have been working on on there..."

Breakdown looked down from Dreadwing, flipped the phone and wolf-whistled. "Niiice! How long you been working on this?"

"Long enough. As a matter of fact, it has been in need of a test run...would you do the honors?"

"Scrap yeah! This thing looks like a beast!"

Breakdown tossed the phone back to Dreadwing and followed him out of the room. Soundwave drew away from his terminal, having finished setting it up. He unfurled one of his tentacles and 'plugged' it into the terminal.


Cruising down the roads of Nevada was a sports car with a pronounced hood and small roof. It was white with black windows and red and green racing stripes. The kind of sports car that old men buy to deny the fact of their aging.
But this wasn't a normal sports car, no. It had no driver, for this sports car was the harder-than-nails Autobot Wrecker Wheeljack!

Wheeljack's dashboard beeped, and the voice of his old pal, Bulkhead came ringing through.

"Heey-a Wheeljack! How you been?"

"Bulk?" Wheeljack laughed. "I've been better. It gets boring just cruising 'round sometimes, ya know? Wouldn't happen to have a Decepticon on your servos, would you?"

"Actually, Wheeljack, no. As it happens, there's a new set of aliens here on Earth besides us..."

"Oh?"

"Yeah. They're called 'Little Ponies'. We've been trying to exterminate them for some time now with little success. Think you can help?"

"I'll keep my eye for them."

"Thanks, Wheeljack..."


"You're a real pal." Soundwave finished in Bulkhead's voice. The lean Decepticon then adjusted something on the terminal and began broadcasting from himself.


Rainbow and Miko were steadily trying to sneak out of the base when Rarity spotted them and came up to confront them.

"What are you two doing?"

"What are we doing?" Miko replied. "What makes you think we're doing anything?"

"The fact they you're both trying to sneak out of the door without somepony noticing." Rarity starkly informed them. "I cannot fathom any reason why you would want to keep the fact you're leaving a secret...unless, of course, you're doing something ponies would disapprove of!"

"Well, ya see, Rarity, it's like this-" Miko was saved from having to explain herself by the main control panel beeping out a static message.

"Wheeljack...critical...assistance...opponent...un icorn magic."

"Wheeljack? Who's Wheeljack?"

Bulkhead got straighten himself leg and smashed his fist together. "Wheeljack is one of my best friends. We served together in the Wreckers before I signed up for Team Prime...and he's asking for back-up, then that means there's big trouble. Ratchet-"

"Already on it." Ratchet cut him off, pulling the GroundBridge lever.

"Come on, Prissy! I don't know what's going on, but Jackie needs help!"

Rarity obliged, though she muttered something under her breath in response to being called 'Prissy'

Once they were safely out earshot, Applejack giggled. "Ha-ha! Prissy! I like it!"


"Well, here we are." Rarity said as she and Bulkhead stepped out of the GroundBridge and into some sort maze made out of huge gray crates.

"Hey, I know this place! This is where me and Jackie tangoed with Dreadwing! That was a close call, I'll tell ya that."

"Mmm...is that so-WAH!" Rarity yelled as car lights began to shine on her. A white sports car began speeding up on her, so she started galloping as fast she could.

"Jackie?" Bulkhead said, recognizing the vehicle. "What's going on?"

Before Bulkhead could pursue either Pony or Autobot, Soundwave jumped out from behind one of the crates and knocked him with a backhand-slap to the head.

The only Autobot that could manually undo his crisscross disabled, Soundwave jumped onto the top of one the crates and converted his head into a communications array, broadcasting a signal jammer that made radio contact impossible.

"Rarity to base! Requesting Bridge? Yoo-hooo! Hello?" Rarity screamed desperately into her earpiece. "Scrap!" Rarity removed her hoof from her earpiece, and jumped up onto the bars of a tower, crossing her legs to hang from it.

The car screeched to a halt, then transformed into a robot around Bumblebee's size class with car door 'wings' on his back, wheels in his ankles and wrists, scars on his gray face and plates sticking out the side of his head.

"Who are you?" Rarity asked.

"I'm the 'Bot who's gonna cut you up." The 'bot replied gruffly, reaching his hands over his back and pulling out two curved swords that had black and red detailing.

Rarity leered at him. "Let's try this again. I'm Rarity. What's your name?"

"Wheeljack." The Autobot he approached Rarity threateningly.

"Oh, but surely you can't mean to cut up a poor, sweet little thing such as myself?" Rarity cried, brushing her leg over hair dramatically and fluttering her eyelashes.

"Listen. There's a quite a few classy ladies before you who tried that on me who had the distinct advantage of being my own species." Wheeljack raised his sword. "Didn't get them anywhere then."

"Can't blame a girl for trying."

"Actually, I can blame them. I just can't fault them." Wheeljack corrected, bringing his sword down on the tower. Rarity moved just in time to keep the blade from cutting her, and it instead just cut the bar she was on in half and sent her dropping to the ground. Rarity quickly composed herself, brushing the dust off herself before resuming her frantic gallop.

Wheeljack growled, then transformed into his vehicular mode to give chase.

Miko got in line for the sign-up for the next race the stadium she was at. There wasn't anyone she recognized there. Just two different-looking ladies, one red haired, young and muscular, the other old and aged with grayed hair and glasses, and a large, imposing man with a pointy-looking ring on his finger.

"Hmm. Small line." Miko commented.

"Yeah," A voice said behind her. "It's not a grand tournament. It's a simple run-and-done."

Miko turned around to talk to the person behind her. "Yeah, I guess-Vince?"

"Nakadai?" The freckly-faced school bully said. "What are you doing here?"

"Uhhh...Trying to sign me and my horse up for a race?" Miko decided to turn the tables on him. "What are you doing here?"

"Same thing. A couple of days ago, these brightly-colored talking horses came by to the school, and Sierra told me about she used to like horses when she was little. So I figured I learn how to ride and win a race to impress her."

Miko scoffed and pressed her finger against her chest. "As if! I will be winning the race today!"

"Is that so?" Vince got up in Miko's face.

"It is so so!"

"Excuse me," A nasally voice interrupted. "But you two can't compete each against if you don't sign first." It was the clerk. Miko and Vince had gotten so wrapped in their argument they didn't notice that the line had disappeared. Miko moved up to put her name, and was allowed to see the names of her competition.

Miko put her name on there quickly, but paused when she had to down her horse's name. "If I just put 'Rainbow Dash' people will recognize her!" Miko squinted, and at last put what she thought was an extremely clever anagram. She moved to let Vince sign, only to hear Vince ask about the name of her horse.

"'Dash of Rainbow'? What kind of horse name is that?"

"Eeeh...well, what's your horse's name?"

"Quint."

"'Quint', ha! You should be asking what kind of name is that!" Miko rebutted, going off to the stables before Vince could question the integrity of her comeback.

"Eeew..." Rainbow Dash groaned as Miko guided her to her spot in the stables. "You didn't tell me Earth-based ponies were this smelly."

"Yeah, well...they don't bath themselves."

"Really? Weird." Dash turned her neck around to look at her back. "Remind me again what's with the bandages?" They were indeed white bandages wrapped around Dash's midsection quite thickly.

"To keep you from using your wings! I know you fly with them, but flying would be cheating in the race...and also to keep people from asking questions about your wings." Miko explained. While a clever plan in theory, Miko hadn't counted on thing...

"Excuse me, Miss..." The redheaded woman -likely Lt. 'O' Hara from the registration.- from the line said walking up to her. "But I can't help but notice your horse has bandages."

Someone asking about the bandages themselves.

"Uhh...yeah, what about them?" Miko said nervously.

"Well, if it's got bandages, that means it's injured, doesn't it? If it's injured, it shouldn't be racing." 'O' Hara explained.

"Um...er...ya see..." Miko was saved by Dash whispering a suggestion into her ear.

"It's special circumstances!" Miko exclaimed cheerfully. "Yeeah!"

O' Hara seemed flabbergasted. "Did your horse...just whisper to you?"

"No." Miko lied with a completely straight face.

O' Hara shrugged before returning to tend her own horse. "All right then."

Miko's sign of relief was cut off by the approach of Fast Wiley and Vince, with their horses behind them. Miko knew thier names from the registration. Vince's horse's, Quint, was a small colt with a beige coat, a blonde mane and lazy eye while Wiley's horse, Ironhooves was a very, very large imposing gray stallion with a black mane.

"So, Wiley, what are you doing here off the road?" Vince asked with kind of curiosity that only friends had.

"Well, people kept telling me I was losing my touch on the wheel, so I figured a break was what I needed. You know, a little soul-searching."

Vince nodded. "Oh! Wiley, this is the girl I was telling you about." Vince pointed to Miko and Rainbow Dash.

"So, you're the little girl Vince was telling me aaaall about me." Wiley noted with mocking amusement. "You got real pretty horse there, don't ya?"

Miko grimaced. "Uh, yeah! A pretty horse, that's what I have, yes."

Wiley stroked his chin. "In fact, now that I take a good look at her, she's got awfully big, colorful eyes...and I ain't never seen a horse with a mane more than one color before..."

"She can talk, too!" Vince snapped. "She was one of the ponies that visited the school!"

Miko started sweating nervously. Wiley was noticing the differences between Rainbow and, well, every Earth-born horse ever. "Uh...uh. No she can't talk! And...and...she's Australian! That's why she's so unique-looking! Tell 'em, Dash. Tell 'em you can't talk."

Dash stood quiet and unblinking, her gaze locked on Quint intensely.

"There, see?" Miko said proudly. "Can't talk at all."

Vince and Wiley gave her unnerving, scrutinizing looks until Wiley shrugged and threw his hands in the air. "Works for me. Australia has all kinds of weird stuff. I'll try not to flatten your horse too hard, Vince...can't say the same about her, though." Wiley said as he walked off.

Vince put his finger against Miko's nose. "You may have fooled Fast Wiley, Nakadai, but you haven't fooled me! Quint and I will stomp you into the dirt!"

"I'm sure he will..." Dash giggled dreamily once Vince was out of earshot.

Miko huffed. "Come on, Dash. Let's get you stabled...Dash? Are you O.K.?"
Dash's tongue was lolling slightly out of her mouth, and her overall expression suggested she just been hit hard by Twilight's 'I-want it, I-need-it.' spell.

"Dash? Dash? Hellooo! Earth or any other planet to Rainbow Daaash!" Miko skewered up her face in concentration, trying to think of what could making Dash so unresponsive.
"Huh?" Dash said, shaking her head. "Oh, yeah...uh, what are we doing here?"

"Stabling you?" Miko asked rhetorically. "I already explained this, remember?"

"Yeah, yeah, sure..." Dash let Miko guide to one of the unused stables.


Outside an active Energon Mine, the Energon covering any potential signals Twilight's Dark Energon could be giving off..

Twilight and Starscream snuck, tucked, and rolled into the entrance of another Energon Mine, this one considerably larger then the last, with much bigger entrance. A machine whirring could be heard from inside the cave.

"You remember the plan?" Twilight asked.

"Yeeeesss..." Starscream assured her. "With your careful calculations, it is ensured that we are entering during break hours. We slip in, steal some unguarded Energon, slip out."

"What luck!" Twilight exclaimed. There were wagons full of Energon crystals, mined and ready to be stolen!

"HAHAHAHA! Most excellent!" Starscream cheered rapturously. "Those poor fools, having no idea that we are about steal the fruits of their labor!" Starscream began wheeling the cart with Twilight galloping by her foot, but their joy was cut shorts as two voices began to sound out from the cave.

"I gotta tell ya, this thing you cooked up? Feels like a beast. I can't wait to start firing it!"

"You won't have much longer to wait, Breakdown." Dreadwing replied. "There will be plenty of opportunity to use in the mine." Dreadwing and Breakdown came into Starscream's and Twilight's view.

"...such as right now." Dreadwing instructed. Breakdown held up a device to his shoulder. It was humongous, quadrupled barreled, purple Gatling gun that likely couldn't have been lifted by anyone smaller then Breakdown. "Open fire!"
Breakdown cocked the huge Gatling gun and did so. Starscream immediately ducked behind the nearest wagon.

Twilight snorted and scraped her hoof. Keeping her head in the face of fire, she began charging her horn. In a flash of purple, Starscream, the wagon, and Twilight were all gone.

Breakdown and Dreadwing surveyed the damage. There were impressive smoking holes everywhere from where the gun's shots had hit.
"Well, I'd say that's a successful test run, yes?" Breakdown said with a smile.

Dreadwing smirked. "Yeeeeesss..."

At the MECH warehouse base, Twilight and Starscream huffed and puffed, thankful for having gotten out of their encounter alive.

"I see you two brought some Energon." Silas said walking up to them. "That should be all we need." Silas cast a glance at Starscream."Well, all the Energon that Project: Chimera will need. And...would you remind me the reason behind your quick promotion, Twilight Sparkle?"

"Right! Right...Give me...a sec here." Twilight assurred him, climbing over the ledge of the Decepticon-sized wagon and dangled off it before falling to the ground.

Twilight had been rather quickly put into the place of MECH's Surgeon General, and the reason for that was
Getting up quickly, Twilight shot a beam out from her horn that traveled up into the sky where it hit a dark purple, glimmering barrier...

Her effective force-field spell that masked the MECH base from any scanners, though passersby might've made it out.

"Excellent." Silas smirked. "Now can you put the Energon by the warehouse, please?"

Using her magic, Twilight wheeled the cart over to one of the warehouses at the far end of the rows. Twilight used her magic to push it the cart, then turned away sadly.

"Oooh...what's wrong, Twilight?" Starscream asked tenderly.

Twilight signed. "Just...thinking about my friends. I miss them. I wish I could talk some sense into them. I mean, you saved me and them from that cave-in...you came to save me from MECH...you saved me from Arcee. Surely you can't be all bad."

"Mmm...quite right," Starscream said, Twilight unknowing that all those things Starscream did were done purely out his own selfish intrest.

"I suppose you might be able to talk to them if you were to somehow get them away from the Autobot's..."

"But how would I do that?"

"Well, letting them take the Dark Energon out of you might be a good start."

"What? But you said-"

"Twilight, Twilight...you didn't think I meant to actually let the Autobots take the Dark Energon from you, did you? Oh no...that's merely part of the plan to get your friends back."

Twilight looked up at Starscream, mystified. Starsceam smiled soothingly and raised his claw as he began to explain his devious plan.

"Now, here's what you're going do..."


Knock Out, having made custom scanners to find traces of Pony Magic , pulled up in vehicular mode outside of the horse racing stadium. He drove around in circles until he pulled up to a paper stamped on the arena's outside walls, showing the members of the next race and their horses, and he made Rainbow Dash out from them.

"Hmm...I was hoping to access her directly...but I suppose winners can't be choosers."

"HEY!" Knock Out adjusted his side-mirror to see Fast Wiley stomping towards him.

"Ah yes...the skinjob who scratched my paintjob...wait...this is perfect."

Wiley stood himself by Knock Out's front door and crossed his arms. "You're that car that ran me off the road in that one race! You better something, punk, or I might break something."

"Oooh, that was you? I've been worrying about you! I am so sorry, mister! I just... lost control of myself...that doesn't normally happen, you see." Knock Out's lie was as false as it was masterfully executed, as Wiley could only hear sympathy in his voice.

"Ooooh...All right, I'll let you easy this time. But do it again next time, and we're gonna have problems, capice?"

"Capice...and by the by, I can't help but notice there you're in this list of riders here."

"Yeah. You want to make something of it?"

"No, no...I just also saw this rainbow-haired horse, who, I assure you, I am very familiar with."

"The Australian one?"

"That's the one! You want to be very careful with that one. She may not look like it, but she's crafty and dangerous. She'll run you into the ground if you let her."

Wiley scrunched up his eyebrows. "I'm not letting a little girl show me up."

"So don't let her." Knock Out said, popping his trunk.

Wiley cautiously looked inside and saw a funny looking tiny device.

"Put that behind your horse's ear before the race, and I guarantee you'll smash her into the ground."

Wiley took the device, flipped it and grabbed it with his hand. "I'll take it. You don't seem so bad after all, kid."

Wiley left Knock Out.

Knock Out, seeing his plan so masterfully executed, chuckled. "Heheheh..."


Ratchet brushed his browplates over the sensors readings meticulously, still intent on finding any trace of Twilight Sparkle.

Squeal.
Chirp.
Chitter!

"Will you keep it down? I am trying to work!" Ratchet gestured to the computer, but he saw that no one in the room was making any movements. He looked back and forth between them.

Fluttershy delicately, quietly squealed and pointed at the ceiling. Ratchet tilted his neck upwards to see Bob clinging to the ceiling, making noises and fidgeting about.

"Fluttershy, can't you get him to calm down!?"

"He needs to go out!"

Ratchet threw his head backwards and blinked at Fluttershy. "...What?"

"Bob's got Cabin Fever! It happens to animals who are cooped up for too long."

Ratchet gave a disbelieving look, but scrunched up his shoulders in agitation when Bob let out a shriek. "Fine! Bob can... go out!" Ratchet punched in the first set of coordinates that came to mind and opened the GroundBridge. "Just go with him, and make that none of the humans see you!"

"Oh thank you!" Fluttershy floated up to Ratchet's head and gave him a quick smooch on the cheek before calling Bob down. "Bob! Ratchet says we can go out!"

Bob dropped from the ceiling and landed on his feet, the force of his fall causing everypony to stumble in their places before following Fluttershy through the GroundBridge.


Fluttershy fluttered out of the Bridge and examined her surroundings before the Bridge closed behind her. She was in a dimly-lit forest, and she would've buckled under the creepiness if she didn't have her original reason for being here still in her mind. "Errr...Come on, Bob, let's go somewhere less creepy."

Rather then the affirmative chitter she was expecting, Fluttershy got a loud, echoing roar that made a bunch of crows took off away from their roost on the canopy. Fluttershy turned to Bob. "Bob? Is something wrong?"

Bob chirped, shrugged, and threw his claws into the air.

"That wasn't you?" Fluttershy questioned. "But if it wasn't you, who was it?"

The flutter of copter blades caught Fluttershy's attention, and she looked up.

"Airachnid!" Steeling herself, Fluttershy got on Bob's hunched back to pursue the Decepticon. Bob stepped forward and crushed a branch beneath his foot, the snap causing Fluttershy to squeal and curl up in defense.


Ratchet stood there, unsure whether to feel proud he'd had gotten a pony as shy as Fluttershy to touch him in such a matter...or feel ashamed an organic had touched him in such a manner.

He settled on the second one.

"BLAGH! UGH! GROSS! I'll probably get Pony Cooties now or something!"

"There ain't no such thing as cooties, Pony or other' wise!" Applejack shouted from her spot.

Ratchet ignored her and resumed his scanning for signs of Twilight.

"Hmm?" Ratchet said, noticing something. "A high-frequency signal..."

"With an embedded message." Arcee finished for him, rolling her optics.

"Well, yes." Ratchet began to carefully read over the message's contents.

Would you let me see my friends, please?
-Twilight Sparkle

Ratchet beckoned Optimus over. "What do you think, Optimus?"

The wizened Prime 'Hmm'ed. "I am wary. Twilight Sparkle is offering us a chance to prove our good intentions to her, yes...But Starscream and MECH have been nothing short of meticulous in their efforts to convince Twilight of their heroic intentions."

Ratchet re-opened the Bridge, Bumblebee and Arcee arming their blasters for anything that Twilight would bring that shouldn't be in there.

Twilight Sparkle stepped through, and Ratchet didn't let the Bridge stay open a second longer after that.

"Twilight!" Applejack and Pinkie cried, rushing over to embrace their friend.

"Girls!" Twilight cried back, returning the embrace. "I missed you!"

"Yeah, we missed ya too..." Applejack said, before she and Pinkie drew away uncertainly.

Twilight frowned. "What's wrong?"

Applejack gestured to her own Cutie Mark.

"Huh? Oooh!" Twilight exclaimed, taking another glance at her own Cutie Mark, which was still slightly aglow with Dark Energon. "Yeah..."

"If you will come with me, Twilight..." Ratchet stepped forward. "I will remove the Dark Energon from you."
Twilight gazed uncertainly at Ratchet, then to her friends, who nodded. "It's O.K. Twi'. Ratchet'll treat ya right."

"...Will you come with me?"

"Of course!"

Ratchet herded Twilight to the RC Chamber, Pinkie and Applejack behind her.


Rarity wasn't quite fast to outright outrun Wheeljack's rubber on her own legs, but she quickly used her magic to levitate herself on top of the crates and jumped off onto another one.

"Hah! I'd like to see the Autobot that could keep up with my excellent use of unicorn magic!"

Wheeljack stopped, transformed into his robot mode and examined the distance between between him and Rarity. He could actually quite easily jump onto the crates himself...

But the Wrecker decided converting his arms into their vaccum-like blaster modes and firing at Rarity like she was a can on a shooting range seemed more fun.

Rarity galloped across the crates and tried her earpiece again. "Hello? Rarity to base. Requesting GroundBridge! There's an Autobot here who seems rather bent on trying to destroy me! Hello?"

She was actually teetering away from the range of Soundwave's jamming signal, but that might not have been such a good thing...


Twilight lingered behind her escort party, as she heard the static of the Autobots' communications panel.

"Rarity...base...Bridge...Autobot...bent...destroy. ..hello?"

"Autobot?" Twilight questioned.

Optimus exchanged worried looks with Bumblebee and Arcee. "We have yet to hear back from Bulkhead since he last left. Bumblebee, accompany me." Optimus punched in the coordinates that Bulkhead and Rarity were sent to and pulled the lever. Twilight leered at them suspiciously as they left, the Bridge closing behind them.

Arcee raised an eyebrow at Twilight's lingering. "You know, when you stay behind people like that, it look suspicions."

Twilight nodded her head, but gave Arcee a dirty look before rushing to rejoin her party.


Optimus and Bumblebee stepped out of the Bridge to met with crates, Soundwave atop the crates, and an unconscious Bulkhead.

Bumblebee readied his blasters. Soundwave, sensing he'd been discovered, transformed into his vehicular mode and rocketed off.

Bulkhead groaned, sat up and rubbed his head. "Urrroogh...what happened?"

Optimus look to Bulkhead, then to Soundwave's fading silhouette. "We were hoping you could answer that, Bulkhead."

"Uhh..." Bulkhead scratched his chin, trying to recollect the events. "Uh..me and Rarity got here, Wheeljack started trying to run Rarity down, and then something knocked me out."

Optimus narrowed his eyes or optics or whatever at Soundwave. "It seems likely, then, that Wheeljack's call for help was a false message sent by Soundwave in an effort to lure Rarity here so that Wheeljack could exterminate her for him." Optimus put his finger to his head. "Wheeljack, cease whatever it is you're in the process of doing right now! You have been deceived! Wheeljack? Do you copy?"

B-beep-beep Bleeep doodoodot whooo.

"Perhaps, Bumblebee...If that is the case, we must apprehend Wheeljack manually before he causes harm to Rarity. Autobots, roll out!"

Rarity continued galloping across the crates, jumping every so often to dodge one of Wheeljack's closer shots.

"Give it up, pony! You can't gallop forever!" Wheeljack shouted.

"Perhaps not, but at least I don't go prancing about shooting poor, helpless mares!" Rarity retorted.

"Oh, I see. Insults, huh? Well, two can play that game! Your horn is short!"

"That's hardly an insult so much as a fact!" Rarity replied with dignity, jumping off the side of the crates she was on to hide behind them, but also to try to work her magic on them.

"You can run, but you can't hide!" Wheeljack yelled, climbing over the row of crates he was behind, casing him to located between the two rows.

"Come on, come on, come on!" Rarity pleaded, her horn alight and the very corner of one the crates glowing, affected by her magic, but not completely. "Oooh...this kind of heavy lifting is really Twilight's forte..."

"And you know something else?" Wheeljack asked rhetorically. "I really...don't...like your mane."

Rarity's jaw dropped, and her eyes widened. "Ooh...It. Is. So. On." Focusing her horn so intensely that it started glowing in layers, the entirety of the crate she was trying to move then was completely engulfed by her magic, and she slid across the ground at Wheeljack, who yelped in surprise as the crate slammed against another one, causing yellow friction sparks and sandwiching him between them. Rarity seized the moment to run away.

Wheeljack, seeing her running, growled and pushed the crate off him. He jumped on the second row of crates and began firing down on Rarity for a good while before jumping off and transforming to pursue.

By now, they were at the loading deck's edge, close to the water. Rarity let Wheeljack tail her for a bit before swerving towards the edge. Wheeljack followed, doing a swerve of his own. Rarity jumped at the last minute and rolled off Wheeljack's roof just before the Wrecker went over the edge and into the water.

Wheeljack reached his hand out to grasp the ledge so he wouldn't sink, then pulled himself up all the way. He aimed his cannon at Rarity, who was smirking.

"What are you so smiley about?"

Rarity pointed behind him. Wheeljack turned around to see a tower that had all but one leg snapped in half, and the remaining leg was held up by only...

Rarity's magic.

Allowing her grip on the tower to fade, the tower came crashing down on Wheeljack, and she galloped away. Wheeljack grunted and kicked the tower, then climbed to his feet. "That's it, pony! Time for my signature!" Wheeljack reached into his hip and pulled out what looked to Rarity like a Cybertronian lantern, save for the pull ring and the light bar being replaced by green liquid. "One grenade, one shot-"

"JACKIE NO!"

Bumblebee and Bulkhead pulled up besides Rarity, while Optimus went flying over her and rammed Wheeljack in the chest with his large truck mode-hood.

"I apologize for the forceful greeting, Wheeljack..." Optimus apologized, transforming into robot mode and offering Wheeljack a hand. "But it was the only thing I could think of to stop you from making a grave mistake."

"Grave mistake?" Wheeljack questioned, reluctantly taking the hand. He looked at Rarity, confused by sight of the Autobots he recognized flanking Rarity.

Rarity threw her nose into the air and huffed. "Hmmph!"


"So, how does this work?" Twilight asked Applejack.

"First, I will pull the splinter of Dark Energon out of your Cooties Mark-" Ratchet answered.

"Cutie Mark." Pinkie corrected.

"Right, Cutie Mark. Then I will subject you to Energon radiation for an extended period of time to cleanse the Dark Energon's residual corruption, then after that is done, I will take a blood sample to ensure the procedure was effective."

"Wait, you're going to expose me to Energon?" Twilight exclaimed.

"It's okay, Twi'." Applejack assured her. "He makes sure to treat us for the Energon afterwards."

"And what does that entail?"

"Uh...mostly just making sure we don't do anything while we wait for it to wear off."

"That's reassuring..." Twilight muttered, not entirely convinced that could be a effective procedure. They had reached the operating room by now.

"Now, where did I leave those tweezers?" Ratchet wondered aloud, pulling up a tray of medical tools.

Twilight backed away from her friends, the ominous radio call still in her mind. From her distrusting perspective, the call was suspicious itself, and Optimus and Bumblebee leaving looked like they were trying to finish whatever unsavory job the unknown Autobot was trying to do her friend.

Making sure her friends didn't see her, Twilight shot a beam out from her horn at one of the other medical tools still laying on the table. It jumped up into the air and landed the tray Ratchet was holding, startling the Medi-bot and causing him to drop the tray.

"Ahh...ahht...I NEEDED THAT!" Ratchet bellowed at whatever invisible spirit that did that.

Applejack and Pinkie rushed over to help Ratchet sort through the spilled tools, giving Twilight ample opportunity to spew pink mist from her horn, which wrapped around her body and made her shimmer before disappearing, leaving her looking like nothing happened at all.

Applejack raised her head to look at Twilight. "Y'all still in one piece there, partner?"

Twilight opened her mouth to say something, but only a small gasp of air came out. The unicorn gestured her hoof to her throat.

"Dry throat, huh?" Applejack asked. "Hang on, I'll get ya some water."

Ratchet raised his head. "We don't keep water in the base."

Applejack pursed his lips, and though to Raf's earlier offering of hay bales. "Maybe Raf will have some?"

Ratchet shrugged. "Probably couldn't hurt to ask..."

Applejack put her hoof on Twilight's shoulder. "Y'all wait right here. Ah'll be right back." Applejack galloped out into the hallway, but had barely gotten any further when she heard what sounded like a garage door opening.

"What's going on? Ah'll warn ya, Ah don't take kindly to varmints!" Applejack ran off to investigate, but she found nothing the way she went. So she decided to visit the control room...

A startled noise, then a very loud noise and flash of light gave Ratchet and Pinkie cause for alarm.

"What's going on?"

Ratchet look to Pinkie, then to Twilight. "...Hmmm." Ratchet turned his right arm into it's blowtorch configuration, then approached Twilight.

"Ratchet?" Pinkie asked fearfully. "Ratchet, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

Ratchet brought the sparking tip of his torch down on Twilight, who shimmered for a moment, then faded into pink mist that evaporated into the air.

"A hologram...or something." Ratcht noted. "Come on!"

Ratchet ushered and rushed Pinkie Pie along with him into the main room to be met with a startling sight.

Arcee, Jack, Raf, and Applejack were laying on the floors, comatose. Twilight stood in the center of the room, a wrecking ball made out of white lightning arcing out from her horn.

"Twilight!" Pinkie exclaimed. "What's going on?"

Twilight swung the lightning ball back and forth in a intimidating gesture. "Stay back! You're brainwashed!"

Pinkie raised an eyebrow. "Brainwashed?"

"Yes!" Twilight snapped. "That RC Chamber? Brainwashing machine!"

"Oh, please." Ratchet sulkily crossed his arms. "If I made a brainwashing machine, it'd be something far more effective and portable then the RC Chamber!"

"Twilight, I'm not brainwashed!"

Twilight bounced the wrecking ball. "That's exactly what a brainwashed Pony would say!"

Ratchet scratched his chin. "Twilight Sparkle, if a brainwashed pony would say they're not brainwashed, and a non-brainwashed pony would say they're not brainwashed, then how would you know if they're really brainwashed or not? It's a Morton's Fork scenario!"

Twilight sneered at him. "Don't try to confuse me with your word problems!"

Ratchet and Pinkie looked at each other, then to Twilight. Ratchet raised his hands into the air. "Calm down, Twilight Sparkle...we're not going to-"

"Do anything!" Twilight snapped, her breath heaving. "You're not going to do anything, or I'll use this!"

Ratchet grimaced while Pinkie frowned and bit her lip. Twilight's horn began glowing purple, and the GroundBridge terminal was engulfed in the same glow. The terminal began moving and bleeping, no doubt being guided by Twilight's magic. The GroundBridge opened, and Twilight began backing into it, before turning tail and galloping directly into, the Bridge closing behind her.

"Scrap it all." Ratchet swore. "Pinkie, make sure Applejack and the kids are all right while I tend to Arcee..." Ratchet walked over to Arcee and knelt down by her while Pinkie did the same to Applejack.

"Unconscious." Ratchet declared. "But not seriously injured."

Pinkie put her hoof on Applejack, then noticed the computer screens showing a funny image. "Hey, Ratchet, what does that mean?"

"What does what mean-? Oh...no. " Ratchet said as he examined the computer readings.


Miko strapped Rainbow Dash's saddle on uncertainly. "Are you sure you can do this, Rainbow Dash?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah! It's a race. I do races. What makes you think I can't do this?"

"Ever since you met Quint and Ironhooves, you've been kind of...spaced out."

Before Dash could object, the excited voice of the race announcer rang through the stadium.

"Attention, racers!" said. "The race is about to begin. Take your starting positions within ten minutes or you will be consider absent!"

"See you on the track, Nakadai...and you, 'Crash' of Rainbow!" Vince mocked as he and quint rode by.

Dash reared up to attack Vince, but Miko wrapped her arms around her. "No, don't! You'll be exposed! Besides, didn't you hear what the announcer said? The race is about to begin. We'll have every chance to grind him into the dirt."
Miko and Rainbow Dash took their place in the racing stall as the announcer began announcing the riders and their names.

"First up, we've got Lieutenant O'hara , taking a nice break from her military activities after being branded a renegade for so long,and her white horse, William the Black! I don't even want to know what she was thinking when she named it that. Second, hailing all the way from Griffin Rock, Professor Anna Baranova and her horse, Methane! Third and fourth, Jasper racers Vince and Fast Wiley on their horses, the derpy-looking Quint and the imposing Ironhooves! And coming in just a few seconds tardy, it's Miko Nakadai and her Australian horse, Dash of Rainbow!"

Vince shot Miko a dirty look. "You're going down, Nakadai." Dash snarled at him.

Miko stuck her nose in the air and huffed. "Sierra will never date you after Dash and I own you and Quint in this race!"

Outside the stadium, Knock Out eagerly listened to the announcer with his radio.

"Racers at the ready...three...two...one...GO!"

A gunshot audible for miles announced the start of the race. The gates of the racers' stall opened and the horses came flying out.
Dash lingered behind William the Black, something which caught Miko's attention.

"Dash! What are you doing?"

"Um...um...It's Quint!" Dash sputtered. "I think I'm in love with him! If I win the race, will I impress him or make him made at me for losing?"

"If you let Quint win, you let Vince win!"

"...Right." Dash picked her up pace and began blazing past the other horses. She was still one of Equestria's fastest Ponies, even if she couldn't use her wings.


FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC: PRIME SOUNDTRACK
Song 4: Racing!
Genre: Country Rock.

Length: Medium-Short (0:50-1:20)
Performers: Background singer. (Female, solo.)

We're racing...

We got humans on our saddles all anticipating...

I'm not from this world, but I'll still jump through these weird-o hudles of yers...

(SFX: Sounds of hooves passing Dash, mud, Vince making obscene gestures.)

(Music picks up in pace)

Now listen here, you colts,

I'm fast enough to beat you if I'm fast to fly with the Wonderbolts.

My name is Rainbow Dash,

and all of y'all are gonna finish dead last!

My hooves are fast enough to beat you!

My skill's are a match for you,

and to top it all off, I'm preeetty too!

You're all big and strong and buff,

and maybe you're just a little tough-er then me,

But

I-I-I-I-I-I am lean, weather-making, hay-eating, race-winning, Equestrian macchiiiine!


Vince's jaw dropped and motioned Quint. "There is no way that that is a normal horse! Move faster!" Vince didn't notice Quint looking hesitant.

"So, Lieutenant 'O' Hara," Miko greeted friendlily as Rainbow came up to besides William. "Are you enjoying the race?"

'O' Hara smiled and chuckled. "Are you?"

"Yeah!" Miko shouted as Dash moved up the track to besides Fast Wiley and Stormsplinter Ironhooves. Miko waved mockingly at Wiley before Dash moved up in front of Ironhooves, putting them in first place.

Wiley snarled, pulled out the device he had gotten from Knock Out and put it behind Ironhooves' ear, as instructed.
Outside the stadium, Knock Out laughed as he transformed into his robot mode and pulled out a remote. "Time to start the show..." He pushed a button on yelled in surprise as electricity sparked out from the device. Ironhooves stopped suddenly.

"Hey! What are you doing, you mule? The little girl is passing-WHOA!" Ironhooves began bucking to and fro until Wiley fell off him. Then the imposing gray stallion resumed galloping until it was side-by-side to Dash.

"Hey, what's going on?" Miko asked, confused by Ironhooves' lack of a rider.

At Knock Out's remote control command, Ironhooves rammed in Dash, making her stumble.

The crowd let out a gasp, and the announced began commenting. "Well, here's a twist for ya, folks! Not only has Ironhooves abandoned his rider, he now seems to actively trying to attack his competitor!"

"Miko, get off!" Dash shouted after Ironhooves charged her again.

"What?"

"I can't fight him with you on my back like this!"

Miko bit her lip in uncertainty, but relented. "...Okay." She got up, stood on Dash's back, then jumped off.

Dash swerved in front of and turned around to face Ironhooves.

"All right, Copperhooves, let's-" Dash's taunt was cut short by Ironhooves bucking her in the chest, knocking the wind out of her. By now, Baranova and the Lieutenant had stopped their horses, but Vince pressed onward, taking advantage of the distraction. The Announcer continued, undaunted.

"It would seem, folks, that rather then a horse race, you're getting some sort of...equine boxing match or something!"

Lieutenant O' Hara pulled out her cell phone and dialed a number. "Hello, dispatch? Lieutenant Shannon 'O' Hara here. Get animal control to my current location, A.S.A.P."

Thankfully, an animal control van was in a close enough distance to the arena, presumably on the way from another call, to immediately rush to it with their siren's blazing.

"What?" Knock Out asked, alerted by the sirens' noise. "Animal Control? Oh no, we can't have that, now can we?" Knock Out pulled out his Energon prod, twirled it, then threw it like a javelin at the van. The prod hit the van dead-on, electrocuting it and its occupants and bringing it to a stop.

Dash whinnied and reared up, Ironhooves did the same and 'punched' Dash in the midsection with his front hooves, bringing back down on all fours. Dash grunted and snarled. Ironhooves turned around and smacked her in the face with his tail. Dash snorted and scraped her front hoof, not yet ready to surrender. But what happened next shocked everyone.

Ironhooves launched his snout forward and bit Dash in the chest as hard he could, which was hard enough to spill blood, leave a hole in the left side of her chest, cause enough pain that Dash ceased being able to stand, and she collapsed to her sides.

The audience gasped.

Vince and Quint passed by Ironhooves and Dash, but Quint stopped suddenly.

"Hey, what are you- oh no, not you too!" Believing that Quint had been afflicted by whatever was making Ironhooves go nuts, Vince jumped up off him.

Ironhooves reared up, ready to bring his hooves down on Dash's head and end her, but Quint tackled his side, causing him to stumble. Ironhooves leered at Quint murderously, whinnied at him and reared up again. Quint bucked Ironhooves in the midsection, then while he was down, Quint put his front hooves on top of Ironhooves' head and used it as leverage point to jump on top of Ironhooves, then buck the gray stallion in the back of his head, knocking him out.

"I don't believe it, folks! One of the other rider's horses came to Dash of Rainbow's aid! It's like watching some sort of Pony Romance Novel or something!"

Through the remote, Knock Out could tell his 'loaned' horse been somehow incapacitated. He shook his fists in anger at the failure of his scheme, tossed the remote outside, transformed, and drove off.
Dash looked up in awe at Quint, who was standing over the unconscious Ironhooves. "Quint? You...you saved me?"
Quint nodded, then lowered himself and used his snout to help Dash to her hooves.

"Oh, Quint...have I told you that-" Dash was interrupted by Quint licking her ear.

"Quint? You...do you-?" Dash trailed off, and Quint wrapped his neck around hers in a nuzzle. Dash returned it.

The audience let out a collective 'D'aaaawww!'

Miko stuck her tongue out in disgust, but seeing how happy Dash was, put it back in her mouth.

Fast Wiley got up and tried running towards the exit, but O'Hara grabbed him by the arm.

"Sir? I am bringing you down to the station for questioning."

Wiley looked at O'hara's wrist. "All right...ma'am!" Wiley emphasized the last word by raising his fist and swinging it at O'hara's head, but O'Hara ducked and proceeded to, quite frankly, own him.

"You shouldn't have done that. Now you're under arrest for assaulting a military officer."

Dash and Miko watched smugly as O'Hara slapped handcuffs on Wiley and wheeled him out the stadium. "Serves you right, jerk!"

Shorty afterward, Quint came up to them and used his mouth to wrap Dash's fake bandages around the real wound in her chest.

"Quint, stop! You're gonna-" Dash then noticed that Quint had carefully

"Hey...Miko?" Dash said uncertainly.

"Yeah?"

"Please don't tell anypony I'm dating a Earth horse."

Miko giggled. "Oh, you don't have to worry about that, Dash. If Ratchet found out I took you to an Earth stadium, he'd have a fit."

As if one cue, Dash's earpiece started beeping. "Rainbow Dash here. You got a problem?"

"YES!" Pinkie screamed from the earpiece's other end.


"Soundwave, huh? Makes sense, I guess." Wheeljack grunted as Optimus and Bulkhead concluded thier story.

"As for you," Wheeljack said, turning to Rarity and offering a finger or servo or whatever. "I guess I owe you an apology."

"Too right you do!" Rarity quipped. "I mean, honestly. Do you realize how sweat that running must've caused? I'll be bathing for hours!"

Wheeljack raised a browplate at Bulkhead. "She always like this?"

Bulkhead shook his head. "Oh, you have no idea."

A clic-clic sounded out from Optimus' head. "What it is?"

"Optimus," Ratchet said gravely through the comm-link. "We have a situation, and I must request all units."

Rarity tilted her head. "All units?"

"Yes, Rarity." Optimus answered. "Ratchet has requisitioned the usage off all available units." Optimus looked upwards wistfully as a GroundBridge opened up in front of them. "I can only imagine what the issue could be."

Author's Note:

This was written before "Regeneration" (TF; Prime, Season 2) aired!

Fearstorm is from an licensed comic. But his appearance is different here then in there. There, he's just an abnormally large car-Vehicon. Here, he's the Takara- exclusive Arms Micron Jet Vehicon... with the addition of battle-scars, of course.

Breakdown's shoulder-mounted quad-Gatling gun given to him by Dreadwing is also from a licensed comic, but it's a different one then the one Fearstorm is in.

This is supposed to be something of a 'breather episode', as it features more childish antics than most chapters (Miko entering Rainbow Dash in a race, the villains holding a contest.) Which is good. As the next chapter SOMEONE DIES.