• Published 23rd Jun 2013
  • 796 Views, 6 Comments

The Tale Of Harmony And a Little Night Wish - dawnofthefadingfoal



When Princess Twilight was killed she left behind her young Daughter, Harmony. Prince Galleon Disappeared. Princess Celestia took the foal and started raising her as her own.

  • ...
 6
 796

A very Frightened Filly

The castle halls were empty, a few guards past every so often but other than that, they were empty, quiet, and dark, there was the familiar sound of the two Princesses in late night conversations and debates but they were always quiet and hushed making the conversation sound like mumbo gumbo that no one could understand, no one but them.

Harmony slipped out of her room, she was scared of the dark, a filly at school told her that at night time no pony was safe, that monsters only come out when the sun is down. She quickly scampered down the hall stopping infront of the large door that opened to her mothers room, there was the soft flickering of a candle light that could be seen from under the small crack at the bottom of the door, the whispers of the two Princesses were hushed after Celestia said that someone was at the door.

Celestia opened the door and looked down at the little filly. "Harmony? What are you doing out of bed, its late, you should be asleep."

"I had a nightmare." She replied clearly frightened.

Celestia smiled at the small filly. "There is nothing to be afraid of little one, it was just a bad dream. But if it makes you feel better you can sleep in my room tonight."

Harmony's face brightened up, she trotted into the room and sat down on her mothers bed soon joined by Celestia. She closed her eyes and when Celestia thought she was alseep she slowly started to get up.

"Dont go." Harmony said opening her eyes. "A filly at school told me that monsters only come out at night when the sun is down." She looked at her mother. "Can you raise the sun for me so the monsters dont get me."

Celestia smiled a little. "Its late at night Harmony, the sun isnt due for many more hours, there is nothing to be afraid of." Celestia began to get up again.

"No! Pleeease, please stay Momma, your the sun, the filly said the monsters wouldnt come if the sun was out."

Celestia put her wing over the filly. "Thats right Harmony, I am the sun. I will stay and protect you." Celestia looked at her. "As long as I am here nothing will ever hurt you."

"Promise?" Harmony asked with a yawn.

"I promise my little filly." Celestia nuzzled her gently. "I wont let anything hurt you."

Luna smiled a little heading for the door. "Goodnight Tia."

Celestia looked at her sister. "Luna, you can stay the night to. If you wish." Celestia moved over a little so that there was room for Luna on her other side.

Luna smiled laying down beside her sister. "Goodnight Tia." She yawned laying her head down and closing her eyes.

"Goodnight Luna." Celestia replied pulling the blanket up over Luna, Herself, and Harmony. "Sweet dreams." She laid her head down drifting to sleep.