• Published 17th May 2013
  • 1,307 Views, 20 Comments

Friend of the Nerevarine - DVAN56



Sanjuro, The Nerevarine, retells his tales in Morrowind, and of the best friend he ever had.

  • ...
3
 20
 1,307

Day 2 - It was a Tomb

Whats that..your joking right...please tell me your joking...your not joking. Sigh

Anyway, disregarding that disturbing question, listen up because the next part is the start of my real first adventure on Vvardenfell. Tell me have you ever heard of the Unicorn Ring? No, that is not surprising. What about the Mentor's Ring?


Day 2 (It was a Tomb)

“YOU ATE ALL THE RUSSULAS!!!” Twilight yelled as she discovered our mushroom bag a little lighter. I couldn't help myself, those Shroom's are good eating. As to why we are out looking for mushrooms...well.

All I remember is that me and Twilight joined the mages guild. However something happened and Twilight used her magic to not only erase the memory from my mind of the event but also all the mages in Balmora. The next thing I know I am being asked by a khajitt to go fetch her some flowers and mushrooms for my first guild duty.

Anyway, I soon found a love for the mushroom that is a Luminous Russula. They may smell a little funny but they taste so good. It's like a spongy sweet roll that glows in the dark. However there was a down side to this tasty mushroom. They tend to make me sleepy, very sleepy. Twilight didn't even get to finish scolding me for eating all the Russulas we picked before I passed out from the effects.

It was some time later that afternoon when I awoke. However I wasn't in the swamp but rather a small corridor with a door on both ends. The walls were smooth and were a yellowish brown color, I think. There were a few torches on the wall but the lighting was horrible.

Twilight began to check on me as if she was a healer. She first put her hoof to my head to see if I had a fever. After finding none she gave a sigh of relief but then put her hoof to my neck. She said she was “checking my pulse”. Still not sure what a pulse is but she started freaking out and going on about mine being too high.

She was worried, I mean really worried. Her words were starting to slur together as she tried to talk. I thought she was going to pass out if she kept going on like she was.

How I calmed her down was not so graceful and looking back it is one of the few things I wish I could take back. See I was still working with only the knowledge I had gained while I was imprisoned. And I remembered how the guards would calm down prisoners that got the same way that Twilight currently was. So I slapped her across the face while yelling “CALM DOWN!” I didn't have the passion behind it that the imperial guards had however.

Twilight then slowly looked up at me. Tears started to fill her eyes as a look of being betrayed crossed her face. Before I could say anything she bolted down the corridor going deeper into the building we were in. Her sobs echoing through the halls.

For the first time since getting out of prison I was contemplating on weather what I did was right or wrong. Part of me was saying yes, she was going to hurt herself if I didn't do anything, another side of me was wondering that maybe there was another way.

“Help!”

Twilight's sudden cry ripped me from my thoughts and I rushed down to see what was the matter. What I found was a man that was covered from head to toe in some black clothing looming over top of her. He had a dagger in hand ready to cut Twilight down as she coward in the corner.

I saw a metal object sticking out of one of Twilight's front legs. Something inside me snapped and a drew my sword to attack him. However he knew I was there. As I took my first swing the man lifted his arm up to block it. My sword should have cut his arm in two, but that didn't happen. Instead my sword broke in half. The top section flew off into the corner of the room.

“You N'Wah!” The man shouted as he turned and started to swing at me.

I dodged the first few swings, not gracefully mind you. I was even using my broken sword to help deflect the dagger. However this man was definitely more experienced then me and it was only a matter of time before his blade found its way into my shoulder.

I yelped in pain as the dagger pierced my skin. He took the moment and pinned me up to the wall. I took one last swing out of desperation. The sword just glanced off his clothing, it didn't even cut it.

“Nothing personal, just business.” he said as he pulled the dagger out. The final blow was coming and I closed my eyes. However it never came.

I opened my eyes and saw the top half of my sword sticking out of the mans chest, a purple glow surrounding it. The man fell and I could see Twilight in the corner of the room, shaking.

“I...I....I..” she said repeating in a state of mental shock.

I needed to calm her down, and I wasn't doing what I did last time. I was trying to think of something, anything I could do to help calm her down. There was only one thing I could think of. I was a little reluctant to do it too because back in the prison the only one who did this was a crazy man. And he did it with the rats.

I knelt down, gave her a hug and started scratching behind her ears. It was a weird feeling for me, it was all warm and fuzzy both on the inside and out, and I liked it. It also seemed to be helping Twilight as well. She was no longer shaking and soon I heard a soft snore as she feel asleep.

“Why isn't that touching?” A deep, raspy, and hollow sounding voice came from behind us.

I slowly turned to see what was there. What I say was the top half of a man in a robe, everything below the waist was missing and was tattered and torn at the waist. His head and hands were nothing but bones. But the most amazing thing about him was that he was see through. What I was looking at was a ghost.

“Awww. It was just getting good too” the ghost said.

“What do you mean by that.”

The ghost was surprised by my response. He started to rub his eye sockets with his skeletal hands.

“Can you hear me?”

“I can see you.”

The ghost floated there in silence for a moment. Then it waved for me to follow it. I set Twilight's head on the ground and followed the ghost deeper in. It lead me to a room that had a few urns in them. The ghost went over to a specific urn however.

“This Urn contains my ashes. However it also contains a ring. One that may be able to help your unicorn friend.”

“How?”

“I'm afraid that she will have to learn on her own.” with that said the ghost disappeared.