• Published 17th May 2013
  • 1,309 Views, 20 Comments

Friend of the Nerevarine - DVAN56



Sanjuro, The Nerevarine, retells his tales in Morrowind, and of the best friend he ever had.

  • ...
3
 20
 1,309

Day 12 - Magical Allergies

Why didn’t we just use the Mages Guild service of teleporting from one guild to another. Fox was too big and Twilight wasn’t going to leave him behind.

However we never did use the teleporting service later ether, and this is why.

Day 12 (Magical Allergies)

I ended up sleeping in later then I would have liked that morning. The Ald’ruhn guild was bigger then the Balmora guild and allowed room for personal quarters instead of a single room full of bunks. That and I didn’t have Rith coming in to wake me. Normally I wouldn’t be complaining about such things but I was just as curious to know what Twilight was going to be doing as much as she was.

I left my room and walked down the stairs. Like the Balmora guild hall, the Ald’ruhn’s hall was mostly underground. I think it was to help keep the temperature steady but I could be wrong as I never paid much attention to the details of things. Anyway at the bottom of the stairs was Twilight already sitting at a table messing around with some of strangest objects which I guessed where the Dwemer artifacts.

“Morning,” Twilight said as I walked up to her.

She was levitating the objects around with her magic and inspecting them. It was easy to tell she was fascinated by them. A lot of them looked like mechanical parts made of some old brownish yellow metal. There was one piece that caught my eye however. It was a slender glass tube that was about the length of my hand and had rings made of the same metal as the other part to protect the ends of the tub. Something about it was screaming “pick me up”, so I did.

“Stand back for a minute Sanjuro,” Twilight said as her horn started to glow brightly.

Twilight unleashing a bolt of magic onto a Dwemer cog that she was currently holding up with her magic.The bolt hit the cog and the banging sound of metal on metal was heard. Almost instantly the cog started to disintegrate at a rapid rate and soon became just a pile of dust on the table.

“So they are enchanted with a longevity spells,” Twilight said.

She then took out a piece of paper and a quill and started writing down her report on the effect, all the while whistling a tune which was very catchy. She continued working on the items in front of her, picking it up, casting a different spell, and then writing down the results.

I got bored really quick just watching Twilight flash her magic and write down notes. So I decided to mess around with the tube some more. With childlike curiosity I looked at the tube, twirling it around looking at it from all sides. That is when I noticed things looked distorted while looking through the glass.

In an attempt to entertain myself I brought the tube closer to my eyes while using my fingers to keep a hold of the tube at either end. Everything looked stretched out and bent slightly and I let a giggle out at how silly everything look, especially with Twilight. Looking through the tube her muzzle extended out a lot became pointed at the end. I couldn’t help but giggle at how silly it made her look.

“And what are you doing with that tube,” came the stern voice of Edwinna, this halls guild master, and a fanatic for all things Dwemer.

I let out a yelp of surprise at Edwinna's voice as she spoke. She is normally a very pleasant person to be around, as most Bretons are. However Edwinna had an obsession with Dwemer artifacts and would be very protective of them, and can be just downright scary. That was made clear to us when we first arrived last night and I bumped into a Dwemer made lantern. It was actually a blessing she wasn’t in the room when Twilight disintegrated the cog.

My body jerked with surprise with Edwinna's sudden appearance and hand went inward, forcing my fingers down the tube farther than I wanted.

“Umm, just looking through it,” I confessed seeing no point in lying.

“Put it back on the table, its not a toy!” she scolded.

I winced a little at how harsh she sounded. Not wanting to incur her wrath I went to do as she said and put the tube back down on the table. However my fingers were now stuck in the tube. I tried to pull them out but it was no use. I struggled with it for a good while before looking up at Edwinna who was now starting to get a crazed look in her eyes.

I quickly walked over to Twilight and nudged her to get her attention.

"Twilight, I need your help.”

“With what?” she asked oblivious to what had just happened.

“This!”

I brought my hands in front of her showing her the tube that was stuck on my fingers.

“I was kinda playing with it and got it stuck. Now I need to get it off, like right now.”

"Give me a second to finish thi-” Twilight must have saw Edwinna behind me as she quickly changed her mind, “Actually this can wait lets get this off you. Now lets see what I can do.”

Twilight looked over the tube for a second before her horn light up with magic.

“Alright, you may feel a slight tingling feeling all around you for a moment, that will be normal”

The violet aura of her magic started to surround the tube. I didn’t feel the tingling she was talking about but it didn’t matter at this point. Twilight finished her spell and I was blinded by a flash of light.

The next thing I knew I was on my hands and knees facing a pile of bile on the floor. My stomach was hurting and I felt as if all my energy had been drained. But I didn’t remember falling, or puking out bile ether.

“njuro, Sanjuro. Are you alright?” I heard someone talking but my hearing was being muffled and I couldn’t make out who it was.

I could feel my arms shaking as I was losing strength. To keep myself from landing in what I assumed was my own bile I pushed myself to the side with the last bit of strength I had. I landed on my side but quickly rolled to my back. I saw a worried Twilight, Edwinna, and a few other mages circling around me around. They were all speaking but it was all muffled while I laid there trying to figure out what was happening to me.

“You're going to do what?!” Twilight said, her voice muffled.

I could still make out what Twilight was saying for some reason but I guess that was because she was closer to the ground then the other. I heard more of what I assumed was talking, coming from Edwinna. Her mouth was the only one moving so it was safe to assume it was her.

The last thing I saw that day was Edwinna’s hands start to glow with magic and another flash of light.

I awoke the next morning in my bed with a note left on my chest. It turns out I had a rare condition, or magical allergy as they called it, to any form of teleportation spells. The Ald’ruhn mages also performed other spells on me while I was unconscious to see if I was "allergic" to them as well. Luckily for me it was only teleportation spells.

What awaited me this day was mine and Twilight's next assignment. Going into an actual Dwemer ruin.

Author's Note:

If you see an error point it out

also

Fast Travel is for Pussys!!!