• Published 10th Feb 2012
  • 1,363 Views, 5 Comments

Elements of Harmony - Turn it Up - Sea Blaze



In a burst of adrenaline Rainbow pulls another feat. What is the consequence? On her, and everypony?

  • ...
1
 5
 1,363

Fabulously Lethal.

Fabulously Lethal

As told by Lieutenant "Gem-Sage" Rarity

As written by a huge fan.


It was a fabulously sunny day. Sky as clear as it can be, and inspiration flowing through every particle of her coat. Lacking the ability to hold herself back when inspiration hit, Rarity prepared her material and kicked it up a notch, preparing a massive project. Sewing and cutting, she was already half through one of her biggest dresses, when it hit.

Just like it did to merely every other unicorn in Ponyville, the Crack caused a burst of magic to flow through Rarity's horn, her eyes glowing diamond white, and her horn emanating sparks. In the wake of the passing shockwave, the windows of her Boutique exploded, sending shards of broken glass everywhere, including towards Rarity. Her coat would've never gotten a fuller, brighter shade of red, as it would've got when the shards should've sliced through the designer's body. But they didn't.

Positioning perfectly, in front of every little shard, a small, impenetrable force-field showed up, it's strength being provided by the energy flowing through the strings attached to them, strings flowing from Rarity's horn. But the shattered glass wasn't the only threat.

In the bushes, next to Rarity's shop, a gang of burglars was preparing their move against the unicorn's boutique. Their plan set up from as far as two weeks earlier before, seeing the advantage the shockwave gave them, by breaking the windows, the gang rushed inside. 8 ponies, each of them wearing dark coat-vests and head's covered entirely by black silk, with a small opening for each eye, broke inside, only to get stunned in their places by the image that has unraveled before their eyes.

In the middle of the room sat Rarity, her eyes still glowing. Seemingly unconscious, the unicorn's horn continued to work, magic repairing the damages done to the shop. Having sensed the intrusion, the magic now started channeling itself on blocking any escape path the thieves might have used. Windows now barred with transparent force-fields, the doors reinforced with magic, and wall breaking not being one of the abilities of anypony in that room, except for Rarity's magic, the gang was now trapped in what was to become the last place where they would've ever drew breath.

- You... dare... enter... fabulous... Rarity'... BOUTIQUE?! screamed an inner, demonic voice, through the roughly gasped mouth of the unicorn.

- NO! Please, mercy! We came here only for the dresses! We never knew she was here, we never wanted to hurt anypony!

- Mercy... is not... in... my... capability... die. simply ended the phrase the voice that started to take the tone and sound of Rarity's.

Still screaming, the eight ponies were getting ready for the worst. Three gems and one, spherical, orb of gold flew from different corners of the room, positioning themselves in a semi-circle, facing two of each pony-thieves. Rarity, now backed against the furthermost wall, and the eight ponies, lined in a semi-circle as well, by the exit wall, became mere spectators to what the out-of-control entity created by the unicorn's magic was preparing to achieve.

Ruby, emerald, sapphire, and the sphere of gold, were now being connected to Rarity's horn by a string of magic, each colored in the gem/metal's specific color. Rotating the gems to a vertical position, from each of the levitating objects streams of silver colored light manifested, forming the shapes of four, lethal weapons.

A silver longsword, handle colored ruby-red, the blade encrusted with millions of tiny rubies. A silver battle-axe, the blade being a huge sapphire itself. A pair of daggers, each one having a blade with only one half of an emerald, designed as so as to combine into one, swift-killing dagger, and a huge, golden spear, tip as silver as Rarity's magical light.

Unable to move any of them, the weapons simply levitated there. The thieves now paralyzed in fear of where the blades of each weapon will be directed, saw in horror how from one of the furthermost corners of the room, levitated a bright, perfectly cut diamond. Soaring over the semi-circle of weapons, the diamond broke into four pieces, and settled it's parts on each of the blades. With the touch from the diamond, the weapon's blades twisted, gaining incredible forms. The longsword's blade was now arched into a fabulous display of grace, as from the tip dripped down petrified flows of magic, connecting it to the handle and the rest of the blade. The axe's blade now span a long, thin spike, coming down from the bottom of the blade, and making contact with the end of the handle, creating a surface of contact big enough to barely swing a little, and cut in half. The emerald daggers now had double blades, each with a quarter of the original gem, each blade spanning from the top and bottom of the handle, still designed to connect and form a single, semi-circular blade. And the last, but not the least, the spear span two spikes from each end of the tip, spikes falling down to connect with the middle of the spear, forming a hybrid between the original spear and a battle-axe.

The morphing ended, each weapon now emanated a light, each shaded differently, coloring the room into a beautiful light-show. Rarity, with a huge grin on her face, was now able to move the incredibly heavy magical weapons, and with a single swing from each one of the lethal, fabulous weapons, the thieves were now laid down, two of them having been brought to a two-part set.

After the massacre ended, Rarity's horn started glowing with dimmer light, the energy spawned windows now shattering. Ending the display, the weapons dissipated in mid-air, each gem binding itself on one of Rarity's ankle's, ready to be summoned again, when needed. The gem's and metal laid tattoos on each of Rarity's leg. Her left foreleg, a ruby-red tribal tattoo growing up to her coat. Her right foreleg, an emerald-green spiral, point of start being the gem itself, span up her leg. Her left backleg now adorned with beautiful, sapphire-blue flames, and her right backleg sparkling with gold coming from her tattooed knee-guard.



*******************************

Two days later, on the evening of one of her high-placed friend's party, Rarity showed up dressed in a beautifully decorated dress, and assorted hat. But the dress and hat were the least intriguing and attention grabbing pieces of her outfit. Each of her legs bared special decorations, created perfectly to draw attention upon her tattoos. Each gem and the golden sphere having been given a silver-frame, frame from which exceptional shapes wrapped themselves around Rarity's ankles, specially framing the forms of her tattoos. And if this still wasn't enough to leave everyone with a gasp on their faces, Rarity's horn would've topped everything. Each circle of the spiral having been given a particular color, her horn now gained a red-green-golden-blue-silver palette.

*Fabulous, dear Rarity! You are simply fabulous! And capable of killing any of the ponies in this room... but why would we want that, now? We protect, we don't destroy! Come on now, shine!*