• Published 12th May 2013
  • 2,774 Views, 47 Comments

Chrysalis's Wedlock - Diamond Sparkle



It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a Changeling Queen in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife

  • ...
10
 47
 2,774

IV-Searching

"Had you never loved so kindly, had you never loved so blindly, I would never be broken hearted." the Queen said, starting her eulogy.

Queen Chrysalis stared at Sweet Heart in her coffin. They had placed jewels upon her body...bracelets and anklets and necklaces, and dressed her in a beautiful dress that a Changeling undercover agent had brought with royal funds from Rarity Originals. They had washed off all the blood and closed her dead eyes and it was as if she was peacefully asleep.
But she'll never wake again. If I could I would keep her in my bedroom, but then she would start to swell and stink and rot...Chrysalis thought. "Sweet Heart loved me for myself, and I loved her back just as much. May she have a new life in the Otherworld, where everyling has as much love as they need. Earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust. We commit you to the ground. Sleep well, Princess." She wanted the eulogy to be a lot longer then that, but she thought if she said any more she would burst out crying in front of her subjects. She watched as the coffin was closed and lowered into the grave within the Hive, and the earth and clay was piled down upon it, and went to her bed, hugging one of the pillows that Sweet Heart had once slept in, and dreamed.

She was standing atop the grave of Sweet Heart and lay down upon it to be as close as possible to the pony who had been the love of her life. And as she lay upon the earth she heard a scratching down below, and a faint cry of "help... "Don't worry, Sweet Heart, I'm here!" she replied, and started to dig frantically with her hooves and the magic from her horn. At last she reached the coffin and opened it, and a stink hit her nostrils, the smell of something long dead. The thing that sat up, swollen with rot and decay, it's wounds gaping open and it's eyes eaten away and squirming with maggots, did not look like her beloved Sweet Heart any more. She backed away in disgust and the thing spoke. "Don't you love me?" As it lurched forward to hug her...

She woke up.

"That was horrible." Later that morning she summoned her royal council. "I know that you and the rest of the Hive will soon get very hungry on such short rations as we now have to survive on. And hunger brings resentment, and resentment can bring rebellion and even revolution. I have come up with two plans. The first is an outright invasion of Canterlot, the pony capital, during Princess Cadence and Captain Shining Armour's wedding. That would be the mother of all love raids. If it works, we could capture and cocoon as many ponies as we need. If it fails, we could find ourselves in a drawn-out war with Princess Celestia. The second much preferred option is that before then I find a replacement pony to love me. I can't just advertise in the dating section of the Canterlot press-Changeling Queen is looking for pony to date and fall in love with. Some ponies would laugh and think it was a joke, some would be revolted at the very idea, others would date me for the privileges they could get rather then for my personality, and no love would reach the Hive. So I will wear a magical stone that will glow when I find a possible candidate, change my shape and go looking for the right mare for me. I will be back in a few hours."

Putting it on, she changed shape into a rather large pegasus and flew south, careful to stay well within her own territory and avoid ending up in the domain of Queen Chelicerae. For the next few hours she went past pony after pony with no response from her magical charm. She was almost ready to go back to the Hive and give up for the day when, as she was passing a library in the town on Ponyville, her charm started to glow. Looking inside, she saw a beautiful purple pony mare with a magical star for a cutie mark. My charm does not lie, I must have that pony for myself. But how? My last love was chosen for me by my mother when she was still alive...I have no idea how to date anypony. And I can't just tell her who I really am and hope for the best. She had an idea. Looking around to check that nopony was watching, she took the shape of Princess Celestia.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the short chapter, but at least it is something. I'll try and make the next chapter be longer.