• Published 9th May 2013
  • 3,599 Views, 93 Comments

Shot down - zAnk



F-15 Pilot is shot down during a dogfight

  • ...
11
 93
 3,599

Crash

David is a fighter pilot in the United States Air Force. His mother passed on because of a fatal car accident along with his father, it was on his birthday and they left to bring him a present, but never returned. He was turning 18 the day his parents passed, so when he found out, he chose to join the Air Force. After all the training, he managed to cope with the death of his parents. Although before David found his way into the Air Force, he fell into depression because of the loss of the only two people that cared for him. While browsing the internet, he started seeing all these memes and videos about ponies, giving into his curiosity, he watched some videos and later found out they originated from the show, "My Little Pony". So he gave in and decided to watch the show, he fell in love with it. He found something that brought light back to his life. His favorite character ended up being Rainbow Dash, he loved her attitude, her love for flight, and her loyalty. He found his love for flying thanks to her, and so, he joined the Air Force since he couldn't find anything else to do with his life. Now today, everything is going to change for him.


January 2nd, 2018 - 4:50 PM

[Music](Right click open new tab)

*BOOM* "Everyone to your battle stations! I repeat, everyone to your battle stations, this is not a drill. An unknown force of enemy fighters are closing in!"

*BOOM* *RUMBLE*

"Oh shi-" *BOOM*

"Go go go, scramble the fighters!"

David runs out of the barracks only to be greeted by what looks like the Apocalypse, there are unmarked fighter jets flying through the air, commencing bombing runs and airstrike, the horrid smell of death and smoke lingers in the air. The only thing covering the screams and the sound of explosions is the thunderstorm taking place overhead, with clouds as black as night. The planes flying just overhead were red with stripes of blue and black cutting across the top, the only thing that gave them some form of identification.

'Great, a thunderstorm to add to the battle, how dramatic' David thought with a sarcastic tone.

David looks across the airfield to spot the hanger doors opening with his F-15 fighter jet sitting inside being prepared by a team of engineers. As soon as he takes a step forward to sprint to his jet, he is met with a nearby explosion sending him tumbling on to his back.

"FU- How am I going to get across this damn field without getting blown up!?" He managed to yell out

After standing back up, David made a mad dash across the air field without a second thought, as he is running across he spots a plane headed straight for him from the air to his right, 'Shit shit shit shit shit!' was all David could think after spotting the plane. He noticed the jet angle itself towards him but right before it did anything, his attacker was met with a barrage of 50 caliber bullets from the mobile anti-air gun. As the bullets were penetrating the planes armor, they managed to hit the pilot as well as all the controls inside disabling the plane. With a massive roar the jet came crashing down onto the airfield smashing into a hanger, fortunately for the men inside the hanger, the metal beams held strong and withstood the force of the piece of rubble.

"Thank you mother of Hades!" David yelled out as he reached his hanger.

"Dave, your jet is ready, grab your helmet and hop in!" Mickey, the engineer yelled out to David.

"Got it!" David yelled in reply as he jumped and weaved his way around tools as well as machines. As David reached the foot of his ladder, he looked outside only to spot his wing man, by the name of Drake, climbing into his jet from the other hanger not far from his own. His sight of Drake was blocked as a mobile anti-air gun sped past the entrance of the hanger while firing at the enemy jets. David climbed up into his jet and grabbed his flight helmet resting at the top of his seat. He powered up the jet and was met with the amazing yet powerful sound of his engine firing up.

"Alright Dave, you be careful out there, you got that!?" One of the engineers yelled out to him

David only put on a smirk and nodded his head in reply.

"Tower, this is Falcon 1, ready for take off." David said through the radio attached to his helmet.

"Falcon 1, you are clear for take off, give em' hell!" A female voice said in reply with high confidence in her tone.

"Copy that tower!" David said in reply.

David pulled his plane onto the run way only once again to be met with the scene of smoke, bullets and death.
Multiple barracks were in ruins, several hangers were badly damaged with nothing but fire and black smoke arising from them. Most friendly jets were destroyed before they could get in the air, multiple bits of jet corpses lay on the run way with nothing but fire occupying them. The sight of the air base in such chaos and ruin, along with the foul stench of death rising, caused David's stomach to twist nearly causing him to upchuck his last meal.

"Damn, how could they have caused this much damage in such short of a time span!?" David said with a hint of sadness and disbelief in his voice. Before he could be shot down before even getting off the ground, he went to full throttle and took off, shortly after take off, two hostile jets closed in from behind.

"Shit... alright lets have some fun you two!" David said with a confident smirk, of course hidden by his flight helmet.

[Music](Right click open new tab)

Shortly after spotting the two pilots, he spotted a missile fly out from above and smash one of his unlucky attackers in the tail shattering the rear of his jet engulfing it in flames and smoke, shortly after it descended towards the ground letting out a massive roar as it exploded into rubble.

"What the-" David was cut short by another voice on the radio.

"Got ya bitch! Ha ha ha!"

"Damn Viper you crazy bastard!" Drake got the name as Viper thanks to his sudden and unpredictable attacks.

"Don't worry, I always got your back!"

"Who ever said I was worried!" David said with a chuckle

David's chat was cut short by the sound of bullets shredding his tail.

"Shit! Viper, get him off me!" David yelled out.

After say this, David heard a massive explosion behind him, taking a quick glance he spotted a ball of flames fall out of the sky and Viper pulling up to the side of his jet.

"Thanks Viper! I owe ya." David said in a relieved voice.

"More like two Falcon!" Viper said while laughing.

"Alright, enough chit chat, lets take these assholes down!" David finished with a serious tone.

"Got it!" Viper said returning to his own serious tone.

As David continues flying he pulls up behind three hostiles flying in a triangle formation, David is quickly blinded by a flash causing he to lift an arm to his goggles to cover his eyes from the blinding light, as soon as he takes another look he realizes that a strike of lighting struck down one of the enemy jets leaving nothing but a piece of rubble falling out of the combat zone.

"Damn!" Was all David could get out.

Refocusing he pulled up behind the remaining two jets, lining them up in his crosshair, as soon as he had one aligned he began firing his 20m Gatling gun attached to his wing unleashing a barrage of bullets upon his target, shredding the thruster of the enemy jet. After disabling the jet, it crashed into the earth leaving nothing but a crater and pieces of metal behind. David switched to his Heat seekers and locked on to the final jet, firing as soon as he had a lock. The missile flew with a roar and disintegrated the right wing of his foe while sending bits of shrapnel smashing the rest of the jet, the plane spun out of control and crashed on the run way of the air base.

David the quickly banked right and did a low pass over the air base. As he passed he noticed some men on the ground cheering as the tide of the battle had shifted in their favor now that they had two pilots in the air, after the rest of the planes were destroyed before take off.

David let out a grin at the thought but then noticed the storm was getting worse, the entire sky was engulfed in nothing but black clouds, lightning and rain. The wind was getting worse and fog was coming in.

"Alright Viper, let's finish this, only 5 more to go!" David yelled out in excitement at the thought of the battle finally ending.

"Got it, let-" Viper was cut short but static

"Viper, what happened?"

*No response*

"Viper!?"

*Static*

"Viper, are you alright!?" David yelled out while checking outside

While searching David spots another jet on the coast surrounded by smoke, but David was able to make out Viper's logo on the side.

"Viper... damn it!" David yelled out while feeling heat rise in his chest

[Music](Right click open new tab)

David came to realization that the one person who saved his life through out his career as a pilot was now gone, to repay the favor he chose to avenge his comrade.

'His death will not be in vain' David said in his head, quickly setting his jet to full throttle.

"Falcon 1, return to base now! They are fle-"

David shut off his radio, he chose to avenge his teammate and leave no survivors behind.

"Fuck that! I'll let them do what they want to me when I return, but for now, these guys are going down!" David said through gritted teeth.

David quickly pulled up behind the five jets that were fleeing over the ocean, back to where ever they came from.

Switching to rocket pods David pulled lined up two jets in his crosshair, unleashing hell upon his two targets.

Firing two rockets, one of them smashed the tail of his enemy causing them to explode with a roar while being engulfed in smoke and flames. The second rocket missed only to hit his second target by luck, causing the second jet's wing to explode resulting in him spinning out.

Switching to his Gatling gun he noticed one of the jets break off towards the right, ignoring this movement David continued his pursuit of the other two, David lined up one of the hostiles and opened fire. By the unlikely chance thanks to luck, one of the bullets pierced the cockpit of the enemy pilots jet scoring a headshot on him, spinning out he fell out of the sky, David redirected his aim towards the fourth target, but before he could fire he noticed a blur of red towards his right, before he could redirect his jet he was met with a missile to the wing, before he lost control he opened fire with his Gatling gun but missed the fourth target, leaving the last two hostiles home free.

David began his plummet towards the ocean, he had enough time to react since they were at a moderate height.
Fog quickly surrounded the jet as he was falling towards the ocean, but that was when David noticed it, a rainbow had formed amongst the fog, his jet smashed through the middle of it causing it to shatter and ripple in multiple directions, the fog turned to black after smashing through the rainbow, but then suddenly returned to white, David also noticed what look like a aura of multiple colors engulf his jet for about 3 seconds then dissipate.

Thinking nothing of it, he grabbed the ejection handle and pulled, only to find to his disappointment, it was jammed.
He began pulling on it in a panic when he noticed the ground approaching, he had cleared the clouds and fog and was approaching the ground at a rapid rate, confused by the sudden appearance of land, he tried his best to refocus and spotted a small opening amongst the forest below.

"Where the fuck- never mind!" He cut himself off deciding it would be better to attempt to land instead of trying to figure out where land came from.

David pulled on his flight stick as hard as he could to attempt to redirect the jet towards the opening, luckily enough the jet responded enough that it slightly redirected it's path towards the field, but before he could realize it, the ground came faster than he thought. Smashing into the ground his jet start to tumble and spin leaving a massive trail in it's wake. As David was smacked against his seat, he felt a sharp pain in his gut and black out.

Author's Note:

Remember, this is my first story. I'll have the second chapter out soon.