• Published 6th May 2013
  • 1,250 Views, 37 Comments

MY LITTLE YAMATO - RDFan1701



When the world of Equestria is threatened with extinction, only one group of Harmonious Ponies can save the world as we know it.

  • ...
10
 37
 1,250

Welcome Aboard

Twilight moved through the line that was gathered by loading dock 001-D, the docking area designated for the Yamato Project. Twilight had wondered since day one what the project would look like exactly as she had known from the beginning it was a ship, but never once saw designs. That was a secret that Filthy Rich had kept close to his chest ever since the proposal came through and being one of the few Ponies able to fund the project got the ability to work on it. She had even wondered whether or not Celestia had even seen the ship, but somehow she knew that she had.

Twilight was the first of the 'Senior' Crew that would arrive. Having to be present to help install the Elements of Harmony into the ship's systems was her job. One that she couldn't leave to anypony but herself. Twilight sighed as she moved up the long ramp into what looked like a rather large hanger bay. She looked past the ramp towards the far end of the cavern and spotted something hanging down from the ceiling covered in very vibrant red metal plating that had...Twilight raised an eyebrow as she looked again, did it have wings?

Twilight looked at the Guard at the top of the ramp who looked back at her curiously. Twilight put a hoof up, "This is the loading ramp for the Yamato Project correct?"

"Yes Princess Sparkle, this is in fact the Hanger of the Yamato." he replied looking down at Twilight, "You do have security clearance to be here correct?"

Twilight nodded, "Yes I do. It's just...I've never been here before..." she answered the Guards question with hints of embarrassment on her voice and face. She looked back at the Guard who she squinted at, something about him was familiar, "Do I know you?"

The Guard rubbed a hoof on the back of his neck, "Well we didn't have much time to talk, you crashing into me all the time." he said with a smile, "It was a long time ago so I doubt that you would really remember-"

"Flash Sentry!" Twilight replied, beaming brightly, "I remember you! You were the Guard at the Crystal Empire when my crown was stolen by Sunset Shimmer!"

Flash Sentry nodded, "Yep! That's me!" he chuckled, "Atleast you didn't smash into me this time."

Twilight blushed heavily, "Yeah...about that...sorry."

"No need to apologize Princess, you were distracted by your friends, and you were tired so I'll give you a pass on that one." he smiled again, "Now, you said this is the first time you've been to the Yamato? I'm surprised, I thought all Equestrian Royalty was allowed in here? Guess it was only those that weren't needed on the front. Anyway! Princess Luna is already aboard and is inspecting the ship."

Twilight blinked, "Luna is already here? It's nearly four in the morning! I thought I was going to be the only one here."

Flash shrugged, "For the past several days she's been here. Making sure that the work to complete the Yamato is on schedule." he then looked to his side as another Guard came up to him and whispered in his ear. "In fact, the Princess would like to see you in the Element Chamber." he waved a hoof, "Follow me please."

Twilight nodded and continued up the ramp, her hoofsteps echoing as she followed Flash through the unusual looking hallways of the ship. Her eyes capturing every small detail in the design. Efficient, definitely lacking in any sort of decorative pleasures that would be found in a typical Equestrian home. But then again, this was a warship so she understood that certain pleasures would be taken away.

Twilight tried to glance inside some of the rooms they passed but due to the very dim lighting and certain area's simply lacking it, all she saw was blackness inside the rooms. She shook her head and kept it forward as Flash navigated the hallways perfectly.

"How long have you been here? I feel like I'd be getting lost all the time in here without a map." Twilight said breaking the brief but straining silence.

Flash kept walking but laughed, "Oh I've been here since the beginning. I've been the Head Guard here during the planning and construction phase of the Yamato." he rounded a corner and nearly ran into a Engineering Pony, "Sorry about that Orion! I did not see you there."

The older looking unicorn pony turned to face Flash a smile plastered across his face and a small gray mustache and beard covered his muzzle, "Oh that's quite alright Flash! No harm done!" he opened his eyes and spotted Twilight behind flash. Instantly his head dropped down in a bow, "Your Highness! I did not know you were aboard! Have you come to inspect the ship?" he asked of Twilight before raising his head back up.

Twilight shook her head, "Actually I am here to see that the Elements of Harmony are properly installed into the Element Chamber. Flash was actually taking me there to meet Princess Luna."

Orion beamed once again, "Ah! So that's what the hubbub was about earlier! There were Guard Ponies EVERYWHERE!"

Twilight looked at Flash Sentry with confusion, who in turn explained, "The Princess wanted to make sure that NOPONY but you and her had access to the Elements before they were installed into the Chamber."

"Oooooooh! I see! Well, that definitely makes sense!" Twilight responded with a nod, "And...forgive me for asking, but what is your role here Orion?"

Orion smiled as his horn lit up and he lifted a set of Engineering Saddle Bags onto his back, "I'm the Chief Engineer of the Yamato Princess, if somethings broken or needs to be checked, I'm the Pony you will want to go to!"

Flash nodded, "He has been very good at his job, there isn't a single panel in this ship that Orion hasn't personally inspected and double checked. His blood and sweat are literally everywhere in this ship."

"You flatter me Flash, I just like to make sure that the ship is in the best condition she could be before taking flight."

Twilight giggled as she listened to them talk for a small time before she cleared her throat. "Flash, I do believe Princess Luna is waiting for us?" Flash turned to look at her, first to protest that she had interrupted a very good conversation. But quickly nodded.

"Oh it's perfectly alright! I'm sure we will have plenty of time to talk later Flash!" Orion piped in before anypony could interrupt or protest, "And Princess Sparkle, it was a fine pleasure to meet you! I hope to have more talks with you on how you came up with the idea for using the Elements as an Engine and Weapon!" And with that Orion moved off around the corner.

Twilight on the other hoof blinked. Did she hear him right? 'A weapon?' She didn't design a weapon, she designed an engine that could use the energy of the Elements to travel faster than light. How could they even be used as a weapon without the other Element bearers wearing them? Had someone adjusted her plans to make it this way? Or was her design in fact wrong and she had in fact created a weapon? Twilight sighed in annoyance as question upon question flooded her mind.

"Are you alright Princess?" Flash asked before turning on his hooves to begin walking again.

"He said 'weapon', I didn't design a weapon, I designed an engine." Twilight said as her confusion began to turn into mild annoyance. "How...why...it just doesn't make sense."

Flash shrugged, "I wouldn't know what to say or how to explain it. I just know that they now can be used as a self defense weapon."

Twilight's ears and face dropped into one that showed blatant annoyance, "When I find the Pony that did this to my designs I'll-"

"You'll do what Twilight Sparkle?" Luna boomed in 'The Voice' as they entered the Chamber.

"P-Princess!" Twilight replied in absolute shock that Luna had heard her.

Princess Luna took several long strides over toward Flash and Twilight, "You are dismissed Flash." Luna said quickly towards him, "Princess Twilight and myself have things to talk about in private."

Flash bowed his head, "As you wish Princess." he lifted his head and smiled at Twilight, "I'll see you around Princess."

Twilight briefly returned his smile and he turned around and headed outside of the Element Chamber. Luna remained motionless as she waited for the door to the Chamber to close. Then she looked down at Twilight who returned her gaze, though Twilight's was a bit more cold than Luna's. Luna could see the pain, the hate, the suffering in Twilight's eyes. Though she knew that in time, Twilight would forget her reasons to hate her.

"It was our idea to use them as a weapon." Luna said breaking the silence. "The Gamilus Ponies have beaten us at every turn and we need something to keep us safe. And in an emergency to destroy our enemies."

"But the Elements aren't supposed to be used to destroy Princess, they simply do not work that way." Twilight said shaking her head several times, "The Elements represent everything that is good in the universe, using them as a weapon, shouldn't and couldn't be used."

Luna sighed as she shook her head, "They can when dark magic surrounds them. You have seen this Twilight, you told my sister and ourselves that Sunset Shimmer was able to use the Element in your crown to control and nearly destroy the entryway to a school with it. The concept is no different here."

Twilight looked absolutely disgusted and intrigued at the same time. "Dark Magic?"

"Remnants of our own magic from when you freed us from Nightmare Moon's grasp. We have used the last bit of it to breathe life into the chamber that will hold the elements, while they remain pure inside, the chamber itself is wrapped in dark energy that will change their power to something less friendly." Luna sighed and hung her head, "That is the most we can do, we need something to protect ourselves should we ever need to fight. And when this is all over, we should never need to rely on using the dark magic surrounding the chamber."

Twilight looked at the giant compartment that would house the six elements. Bright orange with arcane designs that reminded her more of a living organism that a machine. Inside it she could see slots designed to fit the shapes of the elements perfectly. And then around them several tubes and wires leading out to different ports that obviously fed into the giant engine in the compartment behind the far wall.


"I understand." she looked up at Princess Luna and added, "Is that all?"

Luna looked back at Twilight, "Two things Twilight. One, no pony can know how the elements will work as a weapon besides you. Two," Luna paused, should she apologize for the loss of her brother, "Welcome aboard." was all she could manage to say before moving towards the door and heading out of the chamber.

Twilight scowled at Luna as she simply moved off. She sat on her flank and frowned, "Killed my brother...didn't even apologize...turned something pure evil...she will pay for this, one day."


((Little Artwork I did for the end of the Chapter. Please feel free to comment or download!))

Author's Note:

I am so sorry that I took so long to come out with a new chapter folks! Real life had me busy at work and school! I am back and ready to go! Hope you all enjoy as we get nearer and nearer to the launch!

((A Picture of the Engine and Element Chamber aka Firing Chamber))