• Published 6th May 2013
  • 1,249 Views, 37 Comments

MY LITTLE YAMATO - RDFan1701



When the world of Equestria is threatened with extinction, only one group of Harmonious Ponies can save the world as we know it.

  • ...
10
 37
 1,249

The Beginning of the End

Once upon a time in the Magical Land of Equestria, there were Six Special Ponies, Twilight Sparkle, the very intelligent and magical Unicorn. Applejack, the honest and caring pony. Fluttershy, the shy but always kind Pegasus Pony. Pinkie Pie, the silly but always brave Pony. Rarity, the generous and always fashion smart Unicorn Pony. And Rainbow Dash the ever faithful and fast Pegasus Pony. Together these very special Ponies combined represented the Elements of Harmony, the purest and most beautiful form of existence in all of Equestria. Together these Ponies were virtually unstoppable, keeping the land of Equestria safe from any harm and chaos.

That is until from a distant planet a new threat came. They called themselves the Gamilus Ponies. With dark blue mane’s and bright blue coats they came in vast numbers in their might space fleets. In response all across the land the Ponies of Earth and Sky banded together, creating in a hurry a defense fleet of their own ships. But before they could be fully completed the cities of Manehattan and Trottington were destroyed under the onslaught of the Gamilus Ponies.

For a time the Ponies of Earth and Sky under the command of Princess Luna managed to hold back the Gamilus Ponies. But this would soon prove to be a futile gamble. For three years later the Gamilus Ponies began raining down radioactive planet bombs. These bombs, several miles wide would impact Equestria all over, spilling their deadly contents across the lands.

Ponies young and old perished in the bombings and as radiation crawled across the surface of Equestria the Ponies of Earth and Sky had no choice but to move their people BELOW the surface of the once blue planet. It was a long and dangerous feat that took nearly a year to complete, even with the assistance of the Six Harmonious Ponies. But even then, once the surviving Ponies of Equestria were under ground, it was too late. Slowly but surely, radiation began spreading down into the earth.

It was estimated at this time, that Equestria had only one year left to live before all life there would be extinct. Even the Elements of Harmony, in which the Six Ponies represented couldn’t combat this terrible evil. Something, anything, had to be done to save the Pony Kingdoms, and that something had to be soon.

This is where our story opens, in Equestria’s darkest hour, where one final hope rests on the horizon.



MY LITTLE YAMATO
(A My Little Pony/Space Battleship Yamato Cross-over Fiction)
Written by RDFan1701

DISCLAIMER! : My Little Pony Friendship is Magic is Copyright Hasbro Studios
Space Battleship Yamato is Copyright Musashi Enterprises and Voyager Entertainment
No infringing claims are intended by this work of fan fiction.

The MY LITTLE YAMATO fan series is dedicated to Prudence, the person who introduced me to the magical land of Equestria and the magic that is My Little Pony.


Far away from the doomed Equestria, Princess Luna looks out upon her fleet of defense ships. Her cold stare piercing deep into the black that was space, where her enemies slowly gathered strength for what she believed to be, the final battle for Equestria. Her mind was with her fleet and brave crews, but her heart remained home at Equestria, where her subjects waited and struggled to survive. With a slow trot she continued towards the front of her Command Ship, ponies of all shapes and colors littered the halls of the small ship as the lights dimmed and were replaced by the blinking red strobes that signaled an alert.

She let out a long sigh as she hung her head, “So, it is begun.” Luna said as the hatchway to the Command Deck opened to reveal bright lights from the nearby Command Consoles. Each display showing different types of information on it. As she got closer to them, one in particular caught her eye. With barely audible trots she approached the screens and looked down at the Pony in front of them.

“Give me a count Braeburn.” She ordered to the bright yellow pony in front of her.

“Yes Ma’am.” He responded as he watched the display change from blank to a brighter color green as several spinning ships appeared. “Two Space Battleships, ten Destroyers, and dozens of smaller support ships.” He slowly turned his head towards Luna, “We’re heavily outnumbered and outgunned Princess.”

She simply nodded in response as she turned back towards the rest of her crew. “Take Battlestations, turn the fleet thirty degree’s to Starboard, artillery stand by to attack.” The dull white lighting that was the standard aboard Battleships such as hers instantly snapped to red once again. She watched out the forward viewports as the small stars littering the black slowly panned towards the left as the Bringer of Light turned to meet its mark.

Braeburn turned around once again, “All Ponies aboard report ready for battle Princess.”

“Thank you.” She quickly replied as the Bringer of Light completed its turn. Her eyes once again drifted towards the bright blue orb in the distance that was Equestria.

“Enemy in visual contact Princess!” Braeburn called from his side of the Command Deck.

Across the deck came a loud burp! And a bright flash of green as the small purple Dragon Spike received a message from the enemy. He turned around and began reading to Luna the message, “Princess Luna, Leader of the Equestrian Defense Fleet, by the order of Emperor Desslar himself, you are ordered to surrender unconditionally and leave the area’s within and around Equestria at once. This is your final warning. Signed, Commander Gantz, Leader of the 18th Gamilus Attack Fleet.”

Luna closed her eyes, her long black and blue mane flowing with the magical flutter that it always had as she thought to herself.

Spike took a deep gulp as he then asked, “What shall I tell them?”

Luna’s eyes snapped open sharply, “Tell them, they are fools. The Princess of the Moon and Equestria will never surrender!” she said confidently. Her crew beaming and grinning across the ship as they scrambled for their action stations.

With a few quick scribbles and a short burst of flames from Spike’s mouth, the message was away. And the response was swift. A bright blast of orangey red light shown through the viewports as one of the EDF’s ships exploded into a gigantic fireball. Luna’s eyes roiled with fire as she watched as a ship containing no more than fifty loyal ponies, vanished into the black.

“All ships, fire!” she shouted as loud as she could. From across the fleet, bright beams of green lanced outward towards the Gamilus ships. Striking their targets dead on, but something was wrong. Instead of damaging or crippling the Gamilus ships, the magical blasts that shot from her fleet, simply deflected off of the armor plating covering the Gamilus ships.

Another volley from the Gamilus ships confirmed Luna’s worst fears, the Gamilus were going to win and Equestria would be theirs for the taking.