• Published 7th May 2013
  • 1,090 Views, 33 Comments

Nightmare - pennello



An evil mare calling herself "Phoenix Flame" has appeared with one goal - to smother all of Equestria in flame! can twilight and the rest of the main six stop her?

  • ...
2
 33
 1,090

3. Making some progress

Twilight had finished searching around the Canterlot library in hopes of finding Princess Celestia, which she did not, and was waiting for the others. So far Rainbow Dash, who had checked outside, Fluttershy, who had checked Discord's section of the castle, Applejack, who had checked around a few parts of Canterlot, and Pinkie Pie, who had somehow inspected the fourth wall, had returned to the throne room. None of them had seen anypony.

Rarity was returning to the throne room, for she had found all she needed, and was satisfied with the clues the pony she found had found. Both her and the other pony had made their way to the throne room, after Rarity had explained the situation to the other pony.

"Rarity! You're back!" Twilight exclaimed when she saw Rarity, sounding stressed. Then Twilight noticed Rarity had come with an acquaintance whom she had not expected to see. "Princess Luna?" She asked. "What are you doing here?"

Luna answered Twilight's question. "Rarity ran into me during her search and told me everything, and I want to help you find Tia. Not only that, but We have a clue to where she disappeared to."

"And that is..." Rainbow Dash questioned.

"A note from the Phoenix Flame who had stirred up trouble in Ponyville, saying to meet her at the ancient castle of the royal pony sisters at exactly midnight with no other ponies or else."

"Great!" Shouted Pinkie. That means we can meet her at midnight and tell her to stop playing with matches! Wait! We'll have to go without Phoenix Flame knowing we are there so Princess Luna doesn't get in trouble or something! I'll get my mustaches and my trench coats and-" Pinkie was cut of by a hoof to the mouth from Twilight.

"So I guess we'll go with you-"

"-Ih nicihse!"

"...yes, I suppose in disguise, to confront Phoenix Flame with the elements."

At that Fluttershy mumbled "um, theres a small problem about that..." Nopony heard her.

"Okay then."Said Appejack. "Lets go!"

"-in a moment," Said Luna.

"Why?" everypony asked.

"Well, nightfall is in about ten minutes, And to raise the moon I have to be in one spot. I can't be on a moving platform, like a train, or else I won't be able to get a steady grip on the moon with my magic. And since it is almost time to raise the moon, we need to stay here until I do so."

"Lets go as soon as the princess raises the moon!" shouted Applejack."

The mane six sat down on the floor to wait for princess to finish raising the moon. soon ten minutes passed. Then eleven. then Twelve.

Twenty minutes passed without any sign of daylight falling when Princess Luna re-entered the throne room with a somber look on her face.

"What's the matter?" Twilight asked.

Luna replied.

"I cannot raise the moon."

Everypony gasped (except for Rarity, who swooned-this time for real.)

"When I was Nightmare Moon, Celestia could not raise the sun, because I refused to set the moon. Well, we seem to have the same problem here. Celestia is unable to set the sun, so I cannot raise the moon."

"So now it is even more important that we stop Phoenix Flame because if we don't, the world will dry up!" Rainbow Dash commented.

Everypony conscious replied with a hefty "YEAH! LET'S DO THIS THING!"

The mane six (including Rarity, who had been woken up by the tremendous yeah) and Princess Luna headed to twilight's carriage, prepared to take the short trip home and get ready for battle.

Twilight, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash all squeezed into twilight's tiny carriage, and Luna Tried to follow them, only to find that she was too big to fit in.

"It seems we may have to take a different mode of transport to reach Ponyville," She said.

"How about the Friendship Express?" Suggested Pinkie Pie.

Rarity replied "That sounds like a fabulous idea!" all the other ponies gave nods of approval.

"To the Friendship Express!"" shouted Applejack.


"Discord? There you are."

"Oh, sorry. I didn't see you there. Hey! Fluttershy was just here looking for you!"

"About that…the element holders have...rebelled against me."

"They have?"

"Yes, they have. I need you to, how can I put this lightly, kill them."

"Kill them? I may have been an evil tyrant using mind control to enslave all other ponies, but killing! even I wouldn't do that."

"Too bad. It is my order and you must obey me."

"Even Fluttershy?"

"Of course Fluttershy!"

"okay then..."

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long wait. Hope everypony Enjoyed!

I planned on making this chapter longer, but i think the end has a good enough cliff hanger for now