• Published 7th May 2013
  • 1,084 Views, 33 Comments

Nightmare - pennello



An evil mare calling herself "Phoenix Flame" has appeared with one goal - to smother all of Equestria in flame! can twilight and the rest of the main six stop her?

  • ...
2
 33
 1,084

1. A "normal day"

It was a sunny afternoon, without a cloud in the sky, and unusually hot for the time of year. Lots of ponies were out and about, whether they were lying on a cloud reading the latest Daring Do novel, caring for their animals, bucking apple trees to prepare for cider season, or trying to earn their cutie marks for the hundredth time.

Twilight Sparkle was going shopping with Spike.

She needed to buy a few things, such as extra quills, more parchment, some spare ink, and a dandelion daisy sandwich for lunch, so she was heading out to the town square. It was bustling with ponies running on all sorts of errands.

"Okay Spike, we need to get quills, parchment, and ink. Not to mention lunch!" said Twilight cheerily. "Remember to tell me if you spot something we need."

"But Twilight, how am I supposed to see with all these ponies crowding around us! It's like all of Ponyville is at the market today!"

"You're right Spike. It does seem as if the whole town is here today."

"And why does it smell like smoke? And is it just me or is everypony else going in the other direction?"

By now Twilight and spike were approaching the edge of the crowd.

"I don't know Spike, maybe it...um...Spike?

"What?"

"Look."

In front of them was a fiery version of what the town hall used to be. The fire was quickly spreading to the other houses, licking them and turning their yellow colors into ashy blacks. Behind the crackling flames, if you listened closely enough, you could hear someone laughing. Now to any normal pony, this would sound like the works of their imagination. But to Twilight Sparkle-Alicorn princess, former student of Celestia, and first class egghead-this was not nothing.

I hear somepony laughing-What if that pony is in danger! though a very troubled Twilight.They might need my help. I'll go help them!

"Spike, there's someone in those flames. I just know it. I'm going to go help them."

"Are you sure, because that sounds dangerous"

"Yes, I'm sure."

"Fine," replied a reluctant Spike. "Just make sure to use spell one-hundred four"

"Of course I'm going to us spell one-hundred four. without it, I would catch on fire!"

With that Twilight cast spell one-hundred four onto herself and leapt into the flames.

Now, you may be wondering "what the hay does spell one-hundred four do?" Well, spell one-hundred four makes the thing or pony you cast it on fire proof. Anyway, back to the story!

Twilight peered through the flickering flames, eager to find out who could possibly be in trouble. After what felt like forever she finally found the source of the laughter...

...she couldn't believe her eyes.

The tall, laughing, alicornian mare in front of her was a deep red with majestic golden armor and a cutie mark of the sun. Her eyes were magenta, looking like those of a dragon, and her mane looked like fire, pulsing and shifting silently.

Twilight could see that this mare did not need her help, so she decided to ask the mare one question, one that was very important to her, considering that she had never seen this pony around Ponyville and that she was an alicorn.

"Who are you?" Twilight questioned suspiciously.

The mare repled.

"Oh, Twilight Sparkle, how wonderful to see you!" The mare's voice was cold and smooth.

"Tell me who you are."

"If you really want to know who I am, you need to know my intentions."

The mare teleported next to Twilight.

" I plan on setting fire to all of Equestria, getting rid of every single living thing, and rebuilding my own kingdom from the ashes."

The mare smiled, knowing that she had scared Twilight, And continued revealing herself to her.

"My name is Phoenix Flame, and I am going to destroy the world."

Twilight just stood there for a few seconds, rigid in shock, before she started flying away.

"Spiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike!"

Twilight burst out of the flame, picked up Spike off of the ground, put him on her back, and sped towards the library at speeds that challenged Rainbow Dash!

"Twilight!?" Spike asked. "What's going on?!"

"No time to explain Spike! we need to get to the library and warn Princess Celestia!"

"About what?"

"I said theres no time to explain! Good, we made it to the library!" Luckily for Twilight, the library was not on fire yet. Twilight dashed through the door, grabbed some parchment, a quill, and some ink with her magic, and jotted down a quick note to Princess Celestia.

Dear Princess Celestia,

An Alicorn by the name of Phoenix Flame has come to Ponyville with the intention to smother it in flames along with the rest of Equestria and kill EVERYTHING! We need to take action against this villain immediately! Please reply as soon as possible!

Sincerely,

Twilight Sparkle

"Spike, I need you to send this letter to the princess immediately!"

"On it, Twilight!"


"Huh? What's this? Oh. I see. I'll just throw it into the trash"


"It's been ten minuets Twilight, I don't think the princess is going to reply!"

"Lets just send her another letter."

"We've already sent her seven. Let's face it, the princess isn't going to reply."

"Then what if she's in trouble! We need to make sure she's all right! I'll go see her in person!"

"Okay Twilight."

"Now lets go get the rest of our friends!"

"Okay Twilight."

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoyed the story so far!