• Published 5th May 2013
  • 954 Views, 40 Comments

The Master's New Life - anommalcolm



The Master's adventures continue. Begins where The Master's Redemption left off. This is a sequel. Read the first story first.

  • ...
5
 40
 954

Chapter 2 or Once again intimidation solves all the problems with no negative side affects

Chapter 2

Once Twilight and I had scrambled out of the library, it was obvious what direction the explosion was in from the large column of smoke rising off in the distance. We ran straight towards it, weaving through the streets and alleyways but as we got closer, a disturbing thought occurred to me.

"Twilight, is that smoke coming from the same area as the Ponyville Power Plant?"

"I believe it is."

Well, that wasn't a good sign. There seemed to be less smoke than before, so hopefully that meant the fire was dying out. As we continued to run across town, Rainbow Dash flew up alongside us.

"So guys, what do you think caused that?" Rainbow Dash asked. "Aliens? Spies? Vampires?"

"Rainbow, there is no such thing as vampires." Twilight informed her as she sighed at her friend's stupidity.

"Anymore." I added.

"What do you mean anymore?" Twilight asked, I had almost forgotten about her seemingly endless quest for knowledge.

"Exactly what I said. They were hunted into extinction eons ago. There may be a few mutated beasts descended from them, but the last true member of their kind was killed centuries ago." I explained.

"How do you know all of this?" Twilight asked.

"We time lords are the basis for the legendary vampire hunters. We wiped out most of their kind millions of years ago. The last Great Vampire was found and killed by a childhood friend of mine. Any remnants might call themselves vampires, but they would be little more than a twisted shadow of a once mighty race." I sighed.

"Wait, isn't that genocide?" Twilight asked.

"Despite the diversity ponies have, some races are pretty much the same throughout. In the case of vampires, they were vicious predators that preyed on intelligent life. It was either commit genocide, or allow heartless monsters prey on the helpless until the very end of time." I said before I diverted the subject. "Oh, look we arrived. We can discuss the unfortunate fates of dead races later."

The roof had been blown right off the building. Most of the walls were gone as well. Well, it looked like we would be using candles for a while. And, standing just outside the wreckage, was an red equine with orange eyebrows, and what appeared to be gray molds scattered all over his face.

"Well, who might you be?" I asked.

"Voidear of the Rajin Grig!" He responded proudly.

"You… you are an androgum, are you not?"

"Of course," he answered, still full of pride.

I may have lost control upon that confirmation.

"Hahahahaha! Perfect! Just this once, I have a problem that is actually relatively simple to solve. Alright androgum, take me to your leader!" I commanded. This would be easier than I had anticipated.

"Why should I?" he asked as he glared daggers at me.

"If you do not, I will rip his whereabouts out psychically. I am afraid the chances of serious mental trauma go up if you resist." I coldly informed him.

"Ponies don't have psychic powers." He declared, overconfident in himself.

"I am a time lord!" I told him. He cringed, and staggered back as if I had struck him.

"M-my lord, a-apologies, I did not recognize you. The locals are so similar in appearance; I mistook you for one of them."

Oh, I missed this, races that recognized the authority of my people. Ah, it is good to be a lord at times like this.

"Well? Let us go forth." I commanded as I gestured vaguely with my hoof.

…..

15 minutes later

We were on a spaceship headed towards a nearby space station. I had gotten some information out of our alien friend. He was sent hunting for new types of food. Can't say I blame them, Androgum are ravenous omnivores with colossal appetites.

And, like many primitives, their sole motive for action is pleasure and in their case that meant the devouring of food. They are also really stupid, which helped a lot when dealing with them. Really, I do not blame them for being what they are. I would not interfere at all, if not for the fact that they were hunting intelligent life forms, more specifically, ponies from my planet. So, Twilight and Rainbow Dash and I were on our way to the nearby androgum space station to inform their leader that our world is off limits.

"Oh my gosh! I can't believe we're on an alien ship!" Rainbow squeed.

"Eh, you get used to it." I said, wishing that I still had the Valiant. I missed that ship so much...

"How can you two be so unconcerned? These creatures eat ponies. This just screams trap!" Twilight scolded us.

"Ever since that flesh eating shadow incident, I have been perfecting some combat spells and I also developed a way to amplify my psychic power through magic. If they are stupid enough to try something, I will send them to Tartarus." I informed her as I stared at the wall.

"I really hope it doesn't come to that. Sure, I have gotten into fights, but I'm not a killer!" Twilight exclaimed.

"Do not worry Twilight, I will take care of you." I promised, and then kissed her.

"I know." She blushed.

1 hour Later

Their leader met us in the docking bay. Voidear must have radioed ahead. The minute we walked into the bay, 50 androgum pointed their laser rifles… at me.

Great.

"So, what's with the rude welcome?" I asked.

"Apologies Lord, but your chosen place of residence indicates that you're a renegade time lord. We, and most other races, have had bad experiences with renegade time lords."

"You should have brought more. In such small numbers, I doubt you could have stopped The Monk, let alone me."

"Lord, what is your moniker?" He asked, sounding genuinely curious.

"I am The Master." I responded, and saw an instant effect. The blood drained from all their faces. It was priceless, but I did not laugh. Standard policy requires maintaining a dignified manner during diplomatic undertakings.

"Well… Lord Master, what can I do for you?" he asked nervously.

"Well, you can start by not using my planet as a hunting ground and I would also like a look at your most up-to-date star charts. Political maps of the galaxy are somewhat rare on Equis."

"Of course, Lord Master." He answered, quivering in fear.

I was scanning a monitor and the screen displayed a map of our galaxy. I really didn't like the look of things right now. It would appear that a number of advanced civilizations existed and all of them were way too close for comfort. I was going to have to talk to one of the princesses about setting up a reasonable defense against extra-equisians, but that shouldn't be too difficult.

"What's with all the servile stuff?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Androgum are more advanced than ponies, but still crude and primitive compared to mainstream space-faring civilizations. They are used to being reduced to servants and test subjects by higher civilization. And, while most of us avoided them like a plague, androgum know that time lords are far more advanced than they are. It is not surprising really, on more than one occasion, our advanced technology and highly evolved biology have caused primitives to mistake us for deities." I explained.

"And what did he mean by renegade time lord?" Twilight added.

"Time lord law specifically forbids interference with the affairs of less advanced civilizations, and in the affairs of space-faring civilizations our custom is to remain completely neutral, unless a threat arises that endangers our well-being or that of the universe in general. I do not agree with those policies, and a few others. I left the time lords, and as a result of defying those laws, was declared a renegade." I explained, leaving out the kinds of things I did that violated time lord laws. They did not need to know about those.

"So when you slew the vampires, it was a rare exception?" Twilight asked.

"No, we waged war on them before we adopted those policies. In fact, they are the reason that we did. Our war with them was so horrifying, that most of our race would abhor violence forever." I sighed, explaining time lord history is rather depressing.

"I'm glad you ended up with us here, even if it is because your own people no longer accept you." Twilight said, with more than a little sympathy.

I just pulled her close and kissed her. After the kiss, I kept a foreleg wrapped around her. At first I feared I was being clingy, but relaxed when she raised no complaints. An androgum walked in.

"Lord Master, a ship has been prepared for you," he told me.

"Alright, Twilight, Rainbow, it is time to head home," I announced, it appeared we could finally get back to finding out where Spike had vanished to...

Author's Note:

I did not make up the androgum, the Great Vampires, or the time lord laws that the Master referenced. They are all from the old series.

Credit to Cobra of England for editing.