• Published 5th May 2013
  • 953 Views, 40 Comments

The Master's New Life - anommalcolm



The Master's adventures continue. Begins where The Master's Redemption left off. This is a sequel. Read the first story first.

  • ...
5
 40
 953

Chapter 5 or Bar Brawls and Innuendos

One week later

I was laying in bed in the early morning. As always, Twilight was resting by my side, snoozing peacefully. Since I only require about an hour of sleep every 24 hours, I spend most of the night simply enjoying our closeness. I was in the middle of nuzzling her mane when I heard a very familiar noise.

Of course, I'd know that noise anywhere. I gave Twilight a quick kiss, before I slid out of bed. I went downstairs, but before going outside, I looked out of the window. Oh, did I see a sight to behold? I'll give a hint: It was something old, and something new. It was something borrowed and something blue. I walked outside just as he opened his door.

"Hello Doctor. What brings you hear?" I asked my old friend.

"Hello Master. I was going to a bar in Amazastian territory. I heard from a friend that you needed a night out. Thought I'd see if you wanted to come?"

I rolled my eyes. Drinking in an alien bar with an old friend, of course I'd want to go.

"Rarity was gossiping to Applejack and you overheard, right?" I asked. I did need to know, at least to find out who to scold for talking behind my back.

"Er… yeah."

"Then I'm in. Just let me leave Twilight a note."

The Doctor nodded "Fair enough."

I ran inside, scribbled a quick note for Twilight, gave her a quick kiss, and left the note in a place I knew she would find it, before I ran back outside.

"I'm ready."

"Let's go."

The console room of the TARDIS was different from all the times I'd been there. The floor was actually made of mosaic tiles featuring events from Gallifreyan history. The room itself was round in shape with a domed roof while the walls and ceiling were made of finely cut stone, with murals of a few of the Doctor's own adventures. The doorway to the next room was arched, and made of wood. On the left side, walking in, there was a small table with two chairs, and a small book shelf. On the opposite side, there was a fountain, using thirteen different statues of the Doctor, I didn't recognize all of them, and the current doctor wasn't among them.

"Wow! What desk top theme is this?" I asked, truly impressed.

"Oh, I custom made this. Felt a bit nostalgic for the old universe, and figured if I had to teach a companion about myself or time lords in general, the visual aids would be useful." He explained, with just a hint of nostalgia in his voice.

"I'm impressed. Does the fountain include all your past regenerations?"

"Yes. This is my fourteenth life. Coming to this universe reset my regeneration cycle."

That did explain a lot.

"Reset mine, too. Except, I was already well past fourteen lives."

"That seems very clumsy of you."

"I'm old, and spent most my life as a violent psychopath. Cut me some slack!"

Both of us were old, even by Time Lord standards. While theoretically, time lords could live forever, none of us had ever succeeded in lasting even 20,000 years. War, plague, and accidents of various natures (especially when travelling) all take lives. Plus, despite our tendency to abhor violence, more than a few hostile takeovers occurred within our own government (I would know. I was responsible for a few of these takeover attempts.).

The Doctor and I both laughed. Something about me calling myself old was humorous. The Doctor then set about setting the coordinates into the TARDIS console while I sat at the table and browsed his selection of books. Oh, only the classics for him. A Christmas Carol, The Iliad, Green Eggs And Ham, Harry Potter, Ten Little Indians, etc. It was a small shelf, but it contained a wide variety of masterpieces in all different genres, styles, and languages.

After fiddling with the console for a few moments, he pressed the button for takeoff. Then, roughly five seconds later, we arrived. It was time to drink.

"And thatsh how I met Prinshess Luna!" I finished my story.

"So thatsh where Luna learned to be a complete dom!" The Doctor exclaimed.

Yeah, our words were slurring a little. Time Lord metabolisms make it hard to get drunk, but like always, we managed to beat the odds. And it was worth it.

"Hey! Would you handsome stallions care to conquer us?"

It was two Tivolians. They had shiny cream-colored coats. One had a ginger mane styled into a pony tail, the other had a short, curly black mane. Other than the rat-like teeth and weird ears, they were very attractive. I'm not a cheater though (in relationships, in anything else I'm an under-handed fraud).

"Shorry, ladiesh, I already have a mare. I shure my friend would love to conquer you though!"

The Doctor looked at me like I was crazy, but didn't complain as they half-led, half-dragged him away

"So, how was it?" I asked once he got back.

We'd both sobered up a bit.

"Ugh, way too easy. I like girls with a little attitude. I don't like total subbies that beg and moan and degrade themselves."

"You like Dash don't you?"

"Good grief, No! She's the other extreme. Too much attitude! I prefer more moderate personalities. Confident but not arrogant. Emotional, but not over the top."

"So Applejack then."

He actually blushed.

"N-no, not at all." He stammered his denial. No use denying it now, Doctor. Your voice has betrayed you again.

"Oh come on! You cannot honestly tell me you've never snuck a look at that flank before?"

"Okay, fine, you got me. She's pretty attractive."

"Ha! Knew it!" I chuckled.

"What about you and Twilight?" he was hoping that would rattle me. Nope.

"Oh we're doing great! She is incredible!..." I went on to describe my relationship in great detail. Yep, I was the guy drunk in a bar bragging to my buddy about my perfect girlfriend.

"Hey you ass wipes! I heard one of you mated with my slaves!"

I hate Sycorax. I really do.

"I heard you're a wimpy despot with exposed red skin and a partial exoskeleton!" I responded. I love getting into insult matches.

The Doctor had just enough time to give me an exasperated look, before an energy whip swung our way. I yanked it out of his grip with my magic before The Doctor bucked him hard in the chest. He went flying back.

And just like that, we got caught in a massive bar brawl. The two of us versus roughly two dozen Sycorax.

Good odds for us.

By the end, chairs were broken, tables were overturned, bottles were shattered, and slaves were set free. Oh, and we had to run like hell when we heard a troop of Amazastian peacekeepers were headed our way. We made it to the TARDIS without further incident and spent the ride home laughing about how the quality of warriors had gone downhill since we came to this universe. Most species had not adapted well due to the transition from humanoid to equine.

I got home around lunch time while Twilight was in the kitchen making sandwiches. The minute she saw me she surged forward and examined my face. The zero room helps healing, but doesn't make cuts and bruises disappear instantly, and I had a few after that brawl.

"The note said you were going out for a drink with the Doctor. What the hay happened?"

"I got in a fight with a bunch of alien slavers."

"You said you were going to a bar!"

"The bar was on another planet."

She sighed " What am I going to do with you?"

"I can think of a few things." I answered. Innuendos were always useful in these situations... If you know what I mean.

We didn't get to eat until much later. We used that time to do things. In her room. After using magic to soundproof the walls and seal the door.

Author's Note:

Does the level of suggestiveness in this chapter warrant a sex tag?

Credit Cobra of England for edits.