• Published 5th May 2013
  • 953 Views, 40 Comments

The Master's New Life - anommalcolm



The Master's adventures continue. Begins where The Master's Redemption left off. This is a sequel. Read the first story first.

  • ...
5
 40
 953

Chapter 1 or It begins

Chapter 1

I woke to somepony nuzzling my chest. I was delighted to discover it was Twilight and that she was somehow still asleep, but she appeared to be having a nice dream judging by the smirk on her face. She is adorable when sleeping, I reflected. Actually, she is just plain adorable any time.

After deciding that having a lie-in would not benefit me in any way, I slipped out of bed and went to make breakfast.

She walked in just as I was finishing off breakfast.

"Blueberry pancakes topped with whipped cream, butter, violet petals, and apple syrup. And a side of fried egg sandwiched between two slices of toast. A glass of orange juice, no pulp.“ I announced.

"That's incredible! You remembered my favorite breakfast!"

"I have photographic memory." I boasted.

"Really? You never told me."

"I am a stallion of many mysteries." I said with a twinkle in my eye and a smirk on my face.

Twilight cocked her head." Like what?"

"I have two hearts, no lungs, four kidneys and I am a time lord from another dimension. And I'm fairly handy with a sword."

Twilight raised her head to the same level as mine. "How do I know that you're telling the truth?"

I smirked. "You don't. And if it is true?"

"Hmmm... I wish I'd known all that sooner, but it doesn't change anything. I still love you."

"Love you too, Twilight. Let us eat."
===================

After our large but rather healthy breakfast, I went to lie down on one of the sofas in library for a few minutes before Twilight came and joined me. We were in a nice snug position wrapped up in each other’s hooves, it was very comfortable.

"So what did you do after graduation?" she asked.

"I became a detective, thwarted an alien invasion, vanquished a swarm of flesh eating shadows, asserted my authority over the goddess of nightmares, and stopped a bunch of evil enchantresses from rebuilding an empire. How about you?"

So she told me a story. She told a tale of friendship conquering darkness and chaos alike. A tale of good versus evil. A story about harmony. The Doctor was going to facehoof when I told him later, and I would laugh. Bearers of the most powerful magical artifacts in history, that is just important enough to bend time.

"I am really proud of you, Twilight." I whispered into her ear.

"Thanks, Koschei." She was blushing.

I kissed her, deeply. She kissed me back. Before I knew it, we were there for twenty minutes. Just kissing, but I remembered an old human saying. We would have gone longer, but we were interrupted by the sound of somepony fainting. We looked up to see the other five elements standing there. Well, not Rarity, she was the pony that fainted and was laying on the floor. Applejack was just giving us a look that seemed to say "seriously?” Rainbow was trying not to laugh. Fluttershy was hiding behind her mane. Pinkie had a knowing smile.

"Before we have to explain anything, somepony wake Rarity up. I really would prefer not to do this twice." I said calmly. Once Rarity was awake, she was livid.

"Twilight! How could you?"

"What.. what are you talking about?"

"That is The Master!"

"Oh... Well this is awkward."

"I saw him first! I called him!"

That was the moment when I stepped in. Now, I got to be the angry one. Seriously, no one 'called' me on anything.

"CALLED ME? CALLED ME? AM I JUST A PRIZE TO YOU? WHO IN TARTARUS DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?" I exploded with rage, no one tried to control me. I wasn't called the Master for nothing.

"Calm down sugarcube. What Rarity means to say is that it was unfriendly of Twi to make a move when she knew about Rarity's feelings."AJ tried to smooth it over, but it would not work.

"Yeah, not to mention our agreement. Rarity tries first since she met him first." RD whispered to Twilight.

Now that made things interesting. I liked secret agreements about me less than me being controlled or influenced.

"Agreement? Rarity tries first? How many of you have a crush on me?"

"How did you hear that?"

"That's not important. Tell me, now."

"Oh, just Dashie and Rarity, those silly fillies. But they made the rest of us go along with their silly rules." Pinkie explained.

"I see. Well, sorry to burst their bubbles, but Twilight and I grew up together. She just knew me by Koschei, so if you all went around talking about the Master, of course she wouldn't have recognized me. Sorry you two, but I fell for Twilight a long time ago. And thanks Pinkie for telling me."

"Okie Dokie."

Then I began nuzzling Twilight's neck, providing them with a reason to leave. The rest of them cleared out quickly rather than watch. It soon evolved into more than nuzzling, but that is between me and her. Although it was rather intresting...
===========
Later that evening.

I was thinking hard about what I was going to do next. I just found the love of my life and Ponyville considered me to be a hero.

Then, there was Pinkie Pie. She was clearly a party pony and I had the feeling I would be attending a lot of celebrations with her around. I really wanted to stay in Ponyville. On the other hoof, I had a career to think about. Love of my life or career as a Canterlot detective.

Love, no regrets whatsoever. Obvious and easy choice. I have no idea where people in romance novels got all that internal conflict from. Wait....

The entire day there was someone missing.

"Twilight, when did you say Spike would be back?"

"Two hours ago. I hope nothi..." She said in a worried tone as she glanced over at the clock before a loud roar tore through room, blasting my eardrums to the breaking point.

"We should investigate that, right?" I asked, even though it was obvious.

Twilight rolled her eyes. "Well, obviously."

With that the two of us charged out the door, hoping nothing had happened to Spike.

Editor's Note: Cobra of England here, now proof reading and editing this where necessary.

Author's Note:

Disclaimer: I own neither Doctor Who nor MLP:FIM. Non-profit entertainment usage.

Props to Cobra of England for editing this for me.